Cops behaving badly

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Cops behaving badly

Post by Daehawk »

My wife is watching a show about innocent people on death row. How they get other cons in prison to lie and back up the cops or DA's story and they get their time reduced for the lie. DA is immune from being sued or prosecuted and I think they should go to prison for wrongful prosecution. They do it to look good and have a conviction record. Too many innocent people in jail.

If a con says ya so in so was the one who did it. have them pick them out of a 100 photo lineup.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

There was a debate after the Pulse shooting over whether or not there were people in the nightclub killed by bullets fired by police. I don't think the OPD ever officially released that information.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

msteelers wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:02 am There was a debate after the Pulse shooting over whether or not there were people in the nightclub killed by bullets fired by police. I don't think the OPD ever officially released that information.
In Los Angeles they have to release all information they have to the civil commission. That doesn't necessarily mean the information becomes public, but it does mean that civilians will have access to the information.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Our equivalent here is COPA, nee IPRA, but they're just more political cesspools.
A former longtime police misconduct investigator claims in a new lawsuit he lost his job last year after he refused to give false testimony to make a shooting by an officer seem like it was not justified.

Kelvin Lett made the claim in a complaint filed Sunday against the city of Chicago, the Civilian Office of Police Accountability, the Independent Police Review Authority, AFSCME Local 654 and Council 31 and others.

Also mentioned throughout the lawsuit, but not named as a defendant, is Lori Lightfoot, the former Police Board president now challenging Mayor Rahm Emanuel for his job. The complaint alleges that Lightfoot, in December 2015, told then-IPRA head Scott Ando she “wanted to fire that motherf—er Lett.”

Lett began working as an investigator for the Chicago Police Department’s Office of Professional Standards in 1997, according to his lawsuit. He then continued that work when OPS became IPRA. It has since evolved into COPA.

Then, in June 2016, Lett alleges Fairley ordered him “to alter his reports so as to lie about his findings on a particular case regarding an officer-involved shooting of a civilian.” He claims Fairley said “he had to have a more ‘devious mind’ to do this job and that he needed to lie about his findings in such a way to reflect that the officer shooting was unjustified.”

Specifically, Fairley allegedly “ordered Lett to lie in his reports that a gun was planted on the victim by the officers involved in the shooting.” The lawsuit says “Lett protested and refused to do so because he had no evidence to support that finding.”

Within two weeks, Fairley transferred Lett to janitorial duties and opened an investigation into Lett for allegedly disclosing confidential information. She ordered him fired in February 2017 after the investigation concluded Lett violated IPRA’s confidentiality policy, according to his lawsuit.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Here's an idea, don't hire racist cops:
The New Orleans Police Department looks to be down two officers arresting two of their own and moving towards firing them. New Orleans Police rookies John Galman and Spencer Sutton were arrested after allegedly assaulting George Gomez, a 36-year-old veteran.

According to Gomez’s account of the events, he was trying to walk home from a neighborhood bar and get into his truck when Sutton and Galman approached him, commenting on Gomez’s camouflage military attire and inquiring if Gomez had served, without disclosing that they were police officers. Gomez responded, telling the two officers about his service record. Gomez alleges that he was attempting to leave when the two men stepped in front of his vehicle to stop it and assault him, leaving him with facial bruises and swelling.
ICE needs that too.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:25 pm Here's an idea, don't hire racist cops:
The New Orleans Police Department looks to be down two officers arresting two of their own and moving towards firing them. New Orleans Police rookies John Galman and Spencer Sutton were arrested after allegedly assaulting George Gomez, a 36-year-old veteran.

According to Gomez’s account of the events, he was trying to walk home from a neighborhood bar and get into his truck when Sutton and Galman approached him, commenting on Gomez’s camouflage military attire and inquiring if Gomez had served, without disclosing that they were police officers. Gomez responded, telling the two officers about his service record. Gomez alleges that he was attempting to leave when the two men stepped in front of his vehicle to stop it and assault him, leaving him with facial bruises and swelling.
ICE needs that too.

Asshole Marine cops. I know a few. They're the worst.

Gomez said he usually keeps to himself at the Mid-City Yacht Club near his home, where he goes to watch sports. But two men at the bar – identified by authorities as off-duty cops John Galman and Spencer Sutton – called him over to chat before Galman starting talking about being a Marine. Gomez then told the men that he had previously served in the Army, sending the conversation in an entirely different direction, he said.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

There are articles all over the place regarding the Los Angeles Civilian oversight committee for the LAPD. The police union hates them so I guess that's something. Also Mayor Garcetti is intimately tied to them, in the sense that he takes responsibility for what they do.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Missouri
Elected to office in 2012, Sigman, 48, faces a host of crimes, including robbery, assault, endangering the welfare of a child, unlawful use of a weapon, misuse of official information by a public servant and harassment. He’s essentially accused of not doing anything to stop his girlfriend, Jennifer Tomaszewski, 38, from misrepresenting herself as a peace officer, putting area residents at risk and abusing inmates.

Sigman hired her as a jailer in December 2016, about the time they began a romance together, according to court records. She was promoted to administrator of the 72-bed jail seven months later, which drew scorn from employees and inmates under her care.

Tomaszewski allegedly threatened to shoot an inmate in the head, which led to a grievance report that wasn’t held on file. During an altercation with a mentally disabled inmate, she allegedly struck him in the face with her elbows after he was rendered unconscious and later told a corrections officer that she’d been trying to “bust his eardrum out.”

Outside of the jail, and not yet a licensed police officer, investigators say she wore a uniform, helped detain suspects, was used as “bait” for undercover stings, and pointed guns at multiple people — including at a 1-year-old child — observing a nearby crime scene. Sigman didn’t correct the behavior, officials said.

Sigman’s wife, who did child advocacy work down the hall at the Texas County Justice Center, filed for a divorce. Dozens of sheriff’s department employees quit or were fired.
Complaints made in open court by jail inmates eventually motivated the county prosecutor to ask the Missouri Highway Patrol to investigate. Its findings were made public July 18, with the arrest of Sigman and Tomaszewski, who’d risen to chief deputy.

Sometime in 2017, Sigman moved in with Tomaszewski in Eunice. As a condition of being released from jail this week, they aren’t supposed to be in contact. Tomaszewski declined to comment through a friend. In a short interview, Sigman said the official story was “bullshit.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:07 pmAsshole Marine cops. I know a few. They're the worst.
It's awesome to train people to effectively combat enemies on foreign soil and then turn them lose on innocent civilians at home. :?

When I worked at the Sherriff's department in Corrections and doing private security, there were a fair number of ex-military people. I would say the majority (50%+) felt superior to everyone else and seemed to get off on the authority granted to them. Most of the other people were there to get a paycheck.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/38782175/co ... ust-killed

Guy defends his home and cop arrives only to shoot homeowner then clear the house. :doh:
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

This story about Trader Joe's shooting (about the standoff, really) is amazing. Basically, the hostages saved the perp's life.
Somehow, perhaps because she was so calm, perhaps because she had an instinctive understanding of how to keep a desperate gunman calm, Moss put herself in the position of mediating between the cops and Atkins.

An LAPD officer who identified himself only as Sgt. Ruiz urged Atkins to release the hostages. Moss could feel Ruiz going too fast and, because of cellphone lag, talking over Atkins, which agitated him. At such times, she interceded: “I would say: ‘Stop. We’re taking a few minutes. I am hanging up the phone. Everyone is OK.’”

Over and over, she would slow things down, connect with the gunman, make him feel heard and silently communicate to the other hostages with a raised brow, a nod or a hand signal.

Moss sensed Atkins was trying to end the crisis without getting killed by police.

Her constant thought: How do we keep the man with the gun calm?
Toe

Post by Toe »

Paingod wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:07 pmAsshole Marine cops. I know a few. They're the worst.
It's awesome to train people to effectively combat enemies on foreign soil and then turn them lose on innocent civilians at home. :?
What is a bit odd to me is that rules of engagement for military are often much stricter that any police in the USA use (like in most situations, they have to be directly fired upon before they can return fire). You would think that due to this that military people would make for more-restrained cops, but I know that is not often the case. I assume it's more like "Sweet! I don't have all those pesky rules in my way now." That or it could just be the optics. i.e. the majority of cops that were in the military might be very good cops, but we just don't see it as its not sensational news.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

LAPD is well known for its lack of patience. The new chief swears he's going to be a lot more transparent about stuff like this, and releasing the video was a start.

Meanwhile, the LA County Sheriff department is dealing with deputies who insist on joining cults within the department and then claiming the cults aren't an issue. Well not many people who are worried about the police caring about their civil rights believe that and the recently elected Sheriff says he's going to do something about it. Psychologist says that these cults form because of leadership vacuums so we'll see.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Toe wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:00 pm
Paingod wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm
What is a bit odd to me is that rules of engagement for military are often much stricter that any police in the USA use (like in most situations, they have to be directly fired upon before they can return fire). You would think that due to this that military people would make for more-restrained cops, but I know that is not often the case. I assume it's more like "Sweet! I don't have all those pesky rules in my way now." That or it could just be the optics. i.e. the majority of cops that were in the military might be very good cops, but we just don't see it as its not sensational news.
In my experience, the asshole ones have that us vs. civilians attitude. Having a military background just magnifies that. Agreed it's not all of them, but the ones who have it have it bad. Otoh, I know a Serb who fought over there. He is a sniper trainer for SWAT and tac and you would never know it.

A lot of cops hust look at it as a job and consider themselves regular people. A lot don't.

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Why is this criminal still employed? I pay $1,000 a month in property taxes to pay this criminal sheriff deputy $240K salary??? This has to stop. So mad.

Faking evidence is A CRIME!!!!
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

A civilian observer at an Athol Police firearms training in May was accidentally shot during a room-clearing exercise after the officer leading the training failed to properly set up the scenario, according to a Massachusetts State Police investigation.

Neale is a 15-year veteran firearms instructor and underwent a 40 hour firearms instructor course from the Massachusetts Police Training Council in 2002 or 2003, he told investigators. Neale had run the training twice before for different officers, he said.
I've said it a million times, cops don't get appropriate firearms training.

For starters, the instructor only had 40 total hours of instructor training in the last 15 years! That's crazy. I mean I almost have to doubt the report. I do 30+ hours a year just to be a run-of-the-mill responsible gun owner. To instruct cops in a shoothouse? Guy should have at least 40 hours a year. The best trainers in the world still take dozens of hours of training a year.

It should boggle the mind that the trainee didn't see any problem shooting live ammo uprange but with trainers like this, maybe not so much. And if he ignored the basics of firearm safety in controlled conditions, imagine what happens under stress in a chaotic environment.

Unfortunately lack of firearms training is typical and just another factor in a lot of police involved shootings.

MYT
stessier

Post by stessier »

87-year old woman tazed after she didn't drop a knife when commanded to by police.

She was out looking to cut dandelions for her husbands salad, has dementia, and only speaks Arabic.

Okay, so maybe a bit tough considering she didn't drop the knife...let's give them the huge benefit of the doubt. Arresting her for criminal trespass and obstructing and officer, though, is just insane.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I read a piece by a retired cop recently. The gist of it was that there are increasing more young cops and less older ones. The younger ones don't have the experience to know when not to arrest someone and/or when force isn't necessary. The older guys who do are retiring earlier because the job sucks. So you get police forces making stupid arrests and/or escalating force when not strictly necessary. This leads to increased scrutiny and civilian control which, ironically, means less community involvement and less leeway for POs to make situational decisions in the field. This leads to more cops retiring early, which leads to less institutional experience and a younger, less esperienced force. And so the cycle becomes a vicious one.

MYT
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:55 amThe older guys who do are retiring earlier because the job sucks with everyone wanting to look over their shoulders now.
FTFY.

Honestly, I wouldn't have really wanted to be a cop before now - and now I know with certainty I don't. There's no winning anywhere on anything if you're behind that shield now. Everything is under a spotlight now. Not that it shouldn't have been illuminated before, but I hope with time the light will become normal and everyone can find a new common set of expectations.
Black Lives Matter

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

When police deprive people of their civil rights they are wrong. Period. End of discussion.
Black Lives Matter
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Paingod wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:55 amThe older guys who do are retiring earlier because the job sucks with everyone wanting to look over their shoulders now.
FTFY.

Honestly, I wouldn't have really wanted to be a cop before now - and now I know with certainty I don't. There's no winning anywhere on anything if you're behind that shield now. Everything is under a spotlight now. Not that it shouldn't have been illuminated before, but I hope with time the light will become normal and everyone can find a new common set of expectations.
That would make me want to become a cop more because I'm not some blood thirsty cretin and would welcome the oversight on my colleagues.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I've had jobs where I had people breathing down my neck, trying to micromanage me - and I hated that. While I welcome police reforms and exposing bad practices for what they are, I completely understand them losing old timers and probably having trouble getting new hires going forward. Even good cops with tenure may not be interested in the way things are changing because it's a lot of extra stress.

I hope that equates to the people they get being happy and willing to have their body cams practically broadcast via live stream. It won't stop it from being very stressful in worrying that every action - good, bad, or other - is under a microscope.
Black Lives Matter

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The problem is that the old cops knew for years who were the bad apples. For a while, they had staff and the willingness to cover the slack. Now it's harder to hide the bad cops, and the new cops don't have as many good examples.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Some jobs are too important not to be under constant review. It's not like Internal Affairs is a new idea.

Competent cops will eventually be given (unofficial) slack and less than competent cops will be hounded mercilessly.

That's not a plan, that's human nature. The same thing happens in your basic office setting.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 amCompetent cops will eventually be given extra work or driven out and less than competent cops will be promoted.
If we're talking office culture in comparison...
Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:19 am
GreenGoo wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 amCompetent cops will eventually be given extra work or driven out and less than competent cops will be promoted.
If we're talking office culture in comparison...
That's not unique to an office environment. Are you suggesting the above *doesn't* happen in law enforcement?

In any case, I was referring to the need for supervision (as were you, originally).
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 am Some jobs are too important not to be under constant review. It's not like Internal Affairs is a new idea.

Competent cops will eventually be given (unofficial) slack and less than competent cops will be hounded mercilessly.

That's not a plan, that's human nature. The same thing happens in your basic office setting.
Not really. Competent cops will keep their heads down and get that pension. Less than competent cops will continue to do damage to police reputations. And unqualified cops with connections will continue to get promotions. That's human nature.

MYT
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Paingod wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am
FTFY.

This is totally overstated. Most cops will never be questioned at all and most of the ones that are tell their explanation and move on after it's reviewed.

What you're talking about is the false victim hood that is is prevalent all over our society.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

After seeing the LAPD's new police chief get a $1.27M payout BEFORE getting appointed as police chief it does seem to be all about the taxpayer dollars they can collect.
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

What's the street value of 13 pounds of sugar?

:oops:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dallas
A Dallas man was killed late Thursday when a police officer returning home from her shift entered the wrong apartment in her building and eventually opened fire, authorities said.

Details surrounding the death of Botham Shem Jean, a 26-year-old native of St. Lucia, were not immediately available early Friday.
Dallas police in a statement said that preliminary information suggests the officer involved called for help, and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own."
During the encounter, the officer was in full uniform and "fired her weapon striking the victim," police said.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:00 am Dallas
A Dallas man was killed late Thursday when a police officer returning home from her shift entered the wrong apartment in her building and eventually opened fire, authorities said.

Details surrounding the death of Botham Shem Jean, a 26-year-old native of St. Lucia, were not immediately available early Friday.
Dallas police in a statement said that preliminary information suggests the officer involved called for help, and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own."
During the encounter, the officer was in full uniform and "fired her weapon striking the victim," police said.
Nope.

Either she loaded herself with something recreational after her Shift ended, or she wanted that guy out of her life. Way too many steps along the way where that should not have even been a possible reality.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

The only way I believe a person enters a home/apartment/condo without knowing it's the wrong one is if they are completely wasted AND the place's door was unlocked AND the person entering is unarmed.

If you live in the building, you have assigned parking. This means you walk the same path from car to door every time. If you park on the street, the same applies. You park in the same part of the street and walk to the same part of the building.

Once the door opens, even in the dark you will see shadows of things. These shadows will be unique to your place. There's just no way I believe she actually walked in to someone else's apartment, sober, and didn't realize it wasn't hers.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

gameoverman wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 pm The only way I believe a person enters a home/apartment/condo without knowing it's the wrong one is if they are completely wasted AND the place's door was unlocked AND the person entering is unarmed.

If you live in the building, you have assigned parking. This means you walk the same path from car to door every time. If you park on the street, the same applies. You park in the same part of the street and walk to the same part of the building.

Once the door opens, even in the dark you will see shadows of things. These shadows will be unique to your place. There's just no way I believe she actually walked in to someone else's apartment, sober, and didn't realize it wasn't hers.
Yeah, +1 to what he said I said.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Neighbors are saying that keys were hanging out of the lock so either the victim opened the locked door frame m the inside or it was unlocked and the intruder didn't realize it. Or both. She tried to use her keys, if the witnesses are to be believed. Probably drunk or on several shifts without sleep.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
A Dallas police officer who authorities said entered an apartment she thought was hers and killed a young man has been arrested on a manslaughter charge.

Amber Guyger, 30, was taken into custody Sunday evening amid intensifying calls for her arrest and accusations that police are showing deferential treatment to one of their own. The shooting death of Botham Shem Jean, 26, also has become a rallying cry for advocates against police brutality — although much is still unknown about the circumstances surrounding his death.
Officials were still tight-lipped Monday about what happened inside Jean's apartment, what the officer's physical and mental states were at the time, whether she was under the influence of a controlled substance, why she thought Jean's apartment was hers, and why a trained officer seemed so quick to use deadly force. It also is still unclear why investigators held off for three days before charging Guyger with manslaughter.

Dallas Police Chief Reneé Hall had said earlier that her office was in the process of obtaining an arrest warrant but that it was postponed after the Texas Ranger Division, a separate agency that took over the case, asked for more time. Hall said investigators had interviewed Guyger and sought more time to look into the information she gave them.

Things changed Sunday evening, when Guyger turned herself in at Kaufman County jail, just outside Dallas.

Around that time, Lee Merritt, a Dallas civil rights lawyer who represents Jean's family, told reporters that his law firm had just presented a witness and video evidence to the district attorney's office that “could change the course of the investigation” and lead to the officer's arrest.

Merritt did not elaborate, citing the pending investigation.
Guyger, who has been with the police department for four years and is now on administrative leave, has since been freed on a $300,000 bail. The Dallas Morning News reported that her attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Merritt said Jean and the officer did not know each other. The officer's apartment was directly below Jean's, he said.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

At least it's a start.
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Wake up!
A school resource officer in Ohio is on unpaid leave after officials said she activated a Taser to wake a student who had fallen asleep in class. The student was not shocked in the alleged incident.

Maryssa Boskoski was a part-time officer, assigned as a school resource officer at Liberty Preparatory School in Smithville, Ohio, WEWS reported.

The student wouldn’t wake up for his teacher or the school’s interim principal.

Boskoski was in the classroom with the principal when she turned on the Taser a few feet from the high school junior.

“She did take her Taser, remove the cartridge from it, and arced the Taser,” Smithfield Police Chief Howard Funk told WEWS.

Funk said that the probes were not deployed and the Taser never came in contact with the student.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Don't kinda threaten to tase me, bro!

MYT
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Moliere wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 pm Wake up!
A school resource officer in Ohio is on unpaid leave after officials said she activated a Taser to wake a student who had fallen asleep in class. The student was not shocked in the alleged incident.

Maryssa Boskoski was a part-time officer, assigned as a school resource officer at Liberty Preparatory School in Smithville, Ohio, WEWS reported.

The student wouldn’t wake up for his teacher or the school’s interim principal.

Boskoski was in the classroom with the principal when she turned on the Taser a few feet from the high school junior.

“She did take her Taser, remove the cartridge from it, and arced the Taser,” Smithfield Police Chief Howard Funk told WEWS.

Funk said that the probes were not deployed and the Taser never came in contact with the student.
Would the teacher pouring water on him while he fake-sleeps be considered an assault? While I don't at all agree with the implied taser threat, you really can't let that kind of insolence fly.

Another option would be to contact the parents, advise them of the situation in front of the Sleeping Beauty, in that he was now suspended and they needed to drop what they are doing and come pick him up. That really only is effective if they give a shit, though.