The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LordMortis

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by LordMortis »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:05 am Because msd is a valued member of the community, and doing so would be more self serving than constructive.
It also seems wrong unto seriously wrong to demand some sort of compulsory, nor even peer pressured, political sacrifice from a fellow member of a gaming forum.

We can't expect too much just because Rip allows me to personally have someone to make it feel like I'm not screaming at the wall.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 amIt also seems wrong unto seriously wrong to demand some sort of compulsory, nor even peer pressured, political sacrifice from a fellow member of a gaming forum.
I suppose so. MSD's last words for the political forum were basically "F**k you all. This is how I felt when Obama was president. I'm going to go rub my nipples while I drink your liberal tears for the next four years"

I didn't hope for a response. I just wanted to shake my fist at the sky and scream names I knew were at least partially responsible.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Enlarge Image

If a few peons must die in order to make Trump look bad, then that's just the price it takes. We can always import more to the democrat "plantation" :roll:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Trump: Here are paper towels. And water delivered to a central location.
Puerto Rico: That's not what we need or where we need it.
Trump: You're on your own from here. Winning!

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:05 am Because msd is a valued member of the community, and doing so would be more self serving than constructive.
Yawn. Hold nameless, faceless masses accountable, but not friends. That would be rude.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 pm
Yawn. Hold nameless, faceless masses accountable, but not friends. That would be rude.
My mother claims to have disowned her brother and his wife over their support of Trump. I don't know if the sentiment will last beyond the end of his term or not.
Black Lives Matter

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

em2nought wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:41 am Enlarge Image

If a few peons must die in order to make Trump look bad, then that's just the price it takes. We can always import more to the democrat "plantation" :roll:
B-
This is too obvious as bait and is easily dismissed, you need more nuance and subtlety.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 am We can't expect too much just because Rip allows me to personally have someone to make it feel like I'm not screaming at the wall.
While I thank Rip for his service, especially when times were turbulent and we were trying to find a new home, Rip himself will tell you that his involvement in managing the board is practically zero these days, and has been for years. He still maintains his administrative access I believe, but that is only for emergencies when Fishpants is unavailable.

If you want to thank anyone for having someone to talk to this year (or last year, or the hear before that), thank Fishpants. Which of course you have done.

Again, I am NOT diminishing Rip's hard work, I just think if people want to be thankful for what they have today, then they should point that thanks in the right direction.

I really enjoyed my time at Gone Gold as well, but I don't feel the need to thank Rich for "making it feel like I'm not screaming at the wall" today.

edit: Again, please note that I am indeed thankful for all Rip's hard work on our behalf. Today's board is all Fishpants though.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:27 pm My mother claims to have disowned her brother and his wife over their support of Trump. I don't know if the sentiment will last beyond the end of his term or not.
I've forgiven my brother multiple times for unforgivable actions. Hasn't stopped him yet. But he's my brother.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:28 am
LordMortis wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 amIt also seems wrong unto seriously wrong to demand some sort of compulsory, nor even peer pressured, political sacrifice from a fellow member of a gaming forum.
I suppose so. MSD's last words for the political forum were basically "F**k you all. This is how I felt when Obama was president. I'm going to go rub my nipples while I drink your liberal tears for the next four years"

I didn't hope for a response. I just wanted to shake my fist at the sky and scream names I knew were at least partially responsible.
Hah! I didn't see that. I blame Alabama and a Fox News feedback loop.

The idea that Obama and Drumpf are too sides of the same coin is an INSANE position to hold. Literally, crazy.

But sure, no one ask MSD anything, in case he's a snowflake.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Archinerd wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:28 pm B-
This is too obvious as bait and is easily dismissed, you need more nuance and subtlety.
I done been tellin' him that, but it's too much work, apparently.

More memes, more memes!
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:33 pm
Paingod wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:27 pm My mother claims to have disowned her brother and his wife over their support of Trump. I don't know if the sentiment will last beyond the end of his term or not.
I've forgiven my brother multiple times for unforgivable actions. Hasn't stopped him yet. But he's my brother.
I still pick my cousin up at the airport, even though she suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome. There's always the hope that she will become enlightened. :mrgreen:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

em2nought wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 pm I still pick my cousin up at the airport, even though she suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome. There's always the hope that she will become enlightened. :mrgreen:
Yeah, I'm not talking about differences of opinion.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:32 pm
LordMortis wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 am We can't expect too much just because Rip allows me to personally have someone to make it feel like I'm not screaming at the wall.
While I thank Rip for his service, especially when times were turbulent and we were trying to find a new home, Rip himself will tell you that his involvement in managing the board is practically zero these days, and has been for years. He still maintains his administrative access I believe, but that is only for emergencies when Fishpants is unavailable.

If you want to thank anyone for having someone to talk to this year (or last year, or the hear before that), thank Fishpants. Which of course you have done.

Again, I am NOT diminishing Rip's hard work, I just think if people want to be thankful for what they have today, then they should point that thanks in the right direction.

I really enjoyed my time at Gone Gold as well, but I don't feel the need to thank Rich for "making it feel like I'm not screaming at the wall" today.

edit: Again, please note that I am indeed thankful for all Rip's hard work on our behalf. Today's board is all Fishpants though.
I think he meant that Rip is a real live Trump supporter we "know" to direct comments at rather than just a hypothetical one. He's opfor.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:48 pm I think he meant that Rip is a real live Trump supporter to direct comments at rather than just a hypothetical one. He's opfor.
Maybe. I'm not seeing it, but as with everything LM, you need to sacrifice animals and ask the gods what in the hell he's actually trying to say. I used to think I was a good LM-talker. Oh well.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:48 pm
I think he meant that Rip is a real live Trump supporter we "know" to direct comments at rather than just a hypothetical one. He's opfor.
Enlarge Image
Rip

Post by Rip »

and I fully endorse that. The lion's share of the heavy lifting is done by FP and we should all praise him for it!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Rip wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:07 pm and I fully endorse that. The lion's share of the heavy lifting is done by FP and we should all praise him for it!
I know you weren't trying to take credit for Fishpants work, it's not on you.

If you're still doing stuff on an adhoc basis, well then thanks for that too!

As an aside, how's your twitch venture going? Do we have a thread about it somewhere that I missed? When you mentioned what you were going to try I was like "holy crap, climbing Mount Everest would be easier, good luck to you". Whatever the result, I'm sure it would make interesting reading (I don't twitch.tv, fyi).
Last edited by GreenGoo on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Also just FYI, I'm not ignoring you guys. Just streaming a crazy amount (over 300 hours the last month). I'm reading but haven't time for worthwhile responses and I don't want to just do drive-bys.

I am reading everything however.

Also I am more than happy to be your opfor. Better to throw the venom at me than the Trump supporters in your circle of friends/family.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Rip wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 pm Also just FYI, I'm not ignoring you guys. Just streaming a crazy amount (over 300 hours the last month). I'm reading but haven't time for worthwhile responses and I don't want to just do drive-bys.

I am reading everything however.

Also I am more than happy to be your opfor. Better to throw the venom at me than the Trump supporters in your circle of friends/family.
Lol! I just edited my post to ask you about that!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:48 pm
<random picture that nought thinks is clever>
Can't wait for the day when liberals and dems usher you folks out the door on Trump's wall after we advertise "minorities and gays for abuse" on craigslist and you all show up en masse. As we're closing the door on you, we'll perhaps wave goodbye and hand you a power bar for your journey to Russia

But only if we have power bars to spare.

#walkawayfromtrump
Rip wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 pm Also just FYI, I'm not ignoring you guys. Just streaming a crazy amount (over 300 hours the last month).
Jeebus, that's a lot of you stripping down to your boxers and eating Count Chockula straight from the box!
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm talking politically. Over time, OO has become a political circle jerk. This is why you have no one to kick when you are winning or losing. Myself, having been forced to align with "the left" over things "the right" are doing that have surpassed untenable, Rip is my stand in for all of the people, say at work, that you can't be honest (or more accurately, sarcastic to the extreme) or vocal with. At this point his motivations don't even matter to me. He is the object at which throw mud and to date he's never once said, "listen cochise. Back the fuck down." And so it goes.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Rip wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 pm Also I am more than happy to be your opfor. Better to throw the venom at me than the Trump supporters in your circle of friends/family.
:wub: ... and coworkers and the guy behind me at the DMV (SOS) and ....
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:59 pm
I'm talking politically. Over time, OO has become a political circle jerk. This is why you have no one to kick when you are winning or losing.
No offense, that's because the right leaning board members went and found their own circle jerks. We don't even have any far left leaning people, they ALSO went and found their own circles to jerk into. What remains is a socially left leaning middle ground that won't put up with bullshit from either side. What the trolls either forgot or are intentionally ignoring when they play the victim card, or LM plays it for them, is that there were a number of far left board members here at the beginning as well.

It might be an echo chamber in here at times, but it's unreasonable to claim this board is just another politically biased circle jerk. Is it even possible to be politically biased towards the middle? Towards fact based science tested governance?

A left wing circle jerk would be CELEBRATING the anonymous, ominous letter about Kavanaugh. Yet both Hep and I have expressed reservations. If the Right (and Left) leaning forum members feel like it's a hostile environment...Stop fucking electing shitgoblins! (and yes, I realize you're talking about the evolution of R&P over years, which was long before Drumpf. Thinking thoughts like "maybe Drumpf would make a good president" is WHY the forum is hostile to that kind of person in the first place)

<insert eye rolly here>
Last edited by GreenGoo on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

em2nought wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 pm
I still pick my cousin up at the airport, even though she suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Sucks for her....but which one?
Malignant narcissism?
Pathological lying?
Anti-social personality disorder?
Paranoia?
Sadism?
Extreme present hedonism?
Rip

Post by Rip »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:15 pm
em2nought wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 pm
I still pick my cousin up at the airport, even though she suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Sucks for her....but which one?
Malignant narcissism?
Pathological lying?
Anti-social personality disorder?
Paranoia?
Sadism?
Extreme present hedonism?

Extreme present hedonism is the one I enjoy the most myself.

:ninja:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

...and that you stream to a terrified audience.
Covfefe!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:09 pm
LordMortis wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:59 pm
I'm talking politically. Over time, OO has become a political circle jerk. This is why you have no one to kick when you are winning or losing.
No offense, that's because the right leaning board members went and found their own circle jerks. We don't even have any far left leaning people, they ALSO went and found their own circles to jerk into. What remains is a socially left leaning middle ground that won't put up with bullshit from either side. What the trolls either forgot or are intentionally ignoring when they play the victim card, or LM plays it for them, is that there were a number of far left board members here at the beginning as well.

It might be an echo chamber in here at times, but it's unreasonable to claim this board is just another politically biased circle jerk. Is it even possible to be politically biased towards the middle? Towards fact based science tested governance?

A left wing circle jerk would be CELEBRATING the anonymous, ominous letter about Kavanaugh. Yet both Hep and I have expressed reservations. If the Right (and Left) leaning forum members feel like it's a hostile environment...Stop fucking electing shitgoblins! (and yes, I realize you're talking about the evolution of R&P over years, which was long before Drumpf. Thinking thoughts like "maybe Drumpf would make a good president" is WHY the forum is hostile to that kind of person in the first place)

<insert eye rolly here>
Celebrating???? Uh, no. Just posting information about it - yes.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Kraken wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:17 am
Daehawk wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 am Trump supporters will stay Trump supporters. He could pull a gun and shoot one and then say he is draining the swamp and the supporter would whisper drain the swamp as they bled out. He can do no wrong and they believe everything he says. I see everything he says as stupid and a outright lie. I no longer watch anything one him. Ill read up on it but I refuse to hear his fucktarded mouth speak.

I think his approval is like 36% yet just watch come Nov at how many people vote GOP still.
You know what will be a good metric for this? The MA governor's race. Charlie Baker is the most popular guv in the US because he's stayed out of Trumpland and worked harmoniously with Democrats. His actual accomplishments are middling, but he's fiscally conservative and a decent enough man. Then, last week, he endorsed the Republican Senate candidate running against Warren. That guy's platform is "I'm Trump's BFF; vote for me and we'll have a seat at the table." Since then, Democrats have started dropping out of Baker's corner. Baker can't win without some D support, so what should have been a cakewalk is starting to look competitive. If he loses (or just barely squeaks by) it will be because he hugged a Trumpster.
Interesting, and a real shame. I really liked Charlie Baker. Good guy, and I'm more or less with him on many of the positions he holds. Surprised he endorsed a Trumper, but then again, that endorsement was pretty far from a hug:
When asked last Friday whether he would endorse Diehl, Baker failed to mention his fellow Republican by name: “I’ve endorsed the ticket, which I said I was going to do months ago,” said Baker. He went on to emphasize that he’s focused on his own campaign and helping Republican candidates who can advance his legislative agenda on Beacon Hill.
Pretty weak tea there.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:08 pm
You've misinterpreted what I said.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:16 pm
Oh yeah, I did :oops:

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:16 pm
Alternative interpretation.
Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:28 pm Oh yeah, I did :oops:
No sweat. I'm gonna assume we're good.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Owch. But we'll see how Trump reacts when his Southern deplorables are affected. It's going to differentiate between him being a shitgoblin or a racist shitgoblin.

Politicial science FTW!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:21 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:28 pm Oh yeah, I did :oops:
No sweat. I'm gonna assume we're good.
Of course! Thanks for pointing it out - I have a bit of a headache today, so my faculties aren't quite up to speed... this oughta help... :grund:

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Kurth wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:11 pm
Kraken wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:17 am
Daehawk wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 am Trump supporters will stay Trump supporters. He could pull a gun and shoot one and then say he is draining the swamp and the supporter would whisper drain the swamp as they bled out. He can do no wrong and they believe everything he says. I see everything he says as stupid and a outright lie. I no longer watch anything one him. Ill read up on it but I refuse to hear his fucktarded mouth speak.

I think his approval is like 36% yet just watch come Nov at how many people vote GOP still.
You know what will be a good metric for this? The MA governor's race. Charlie Baker is the most popular guv in the US because he's stayed out of Trumpland and worked harmoniously with Democrats. His actual accomplishments are middling, but he's fiscally conservative and a decent enough man. Then, last week, he endorsed the Republican Senate candidate running against Warren. That guy's platform is "I'm Trump's BFF; vote for me and we'll have a seat at the table." Since then, Democrats have started dropping out of Baker's corner. Baker can't win without some D support, so what should have been a cakewalk is starting to look competitive. If he loses (or just barely squeaks by) it will be because he hugged a Trumpster.
Interesting, and a real shame. I really liked Charlie Baker. Good guy, and I'm more or less with him on many of the positions he holds. Surprised he endorsed a Trumper, but then again, that endorsement was pretty far from a hug:
When asked last Friday whether he would endorse Diehl, Baker failed to mention his fellow Republican by name: “I’ve endorsed the ticket, which I said I was going to do months ago,” said Baker. He went on to emphasize that he’s focused on his own campaign and helping Republican candidates who can advance his legislative agenda on Beacon Hill.
Pretty weak tea there.
Well, it's not a trend yet. Maybe Baker can keep walking the line that he's balanced on for the past two years, and maybe not. Gonzalez will do what he can to knock him off of it.

You know what else bodes ill for Baker? 1/3 of Republicans -- 98,000 people -- voted for the bigot Scott Lively. That's how narrow Baker's line is. He's not Trumpy enough for 1/3 of Republicans, and Democrats are watching for any hint of Trumpiness.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

https://wilderness.org/press-release/tr ... ial-mining

He's no Teddy Roosevelt on just about any level.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I wonder what Tom Waits thinks about the state of the US and the current presidency that heads it.

Defiant

Post by Defiant »