If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

MonkeyFinger

Re: [Kickstarter] Bard's Tale IV and Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered by inXile

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Jag wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:49 am
dbemont wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 pm
Sepiche wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:52 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 pm Oof. Is the save system really that bad? Inability to save can be a deal breaker for me. Not only do I despise having to play content multiple times due to bugs/crashes/difficulty spikes, but I'm all growed up and frequently have to quit and leave to deal with real life.
You can quit the game at any time and when you load it up you'll be in the exact same spot.
Oh. This is important. Removes my #1 caution regarding this game. (Although I think I'll keep playing Aggressors for a while, to give them time to smooth out the rough edges.)
Wait, really? Not that I don't trust you, but I will have to test it. Spent awhile playing longer than I wanted last night because I had to locate a save spot in a tough area.
When you exit it says on the screen "This won't act as a totem save but you'll be at this spot when you return." :wink:
-mf
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:13 am
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:01 am Does this game have multiple difficulty levels? Specifically any sort of "Easy" setting?
Video review I watched I am pretty sure mentioned an easy difficulty. I don't have the game so I can't confirm.
You can select easy/normal/hard difficulty in the gameplay settings menu. In addition, it comes with a walk-through guide to help get past any puzzles that leave you stumped.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Well I was right with my first guess - 5 GB patch this morning and they've confirmed I'm right with the second part of my guess with another big patch happening next Friday.
Spoiler:
Our primary focus has been to address the topics which most impact your gaming experience, based on your feedback and what we’ve seen pop up during the last few days:
Crashes
Dropping framerates
Non-functional widescreen support
Unusual loading times on HDDs
FOV slider
Localization concerns
As already stated in the road map we released earlier this week, some of these points are not easy to resolve and require in-depth changes to the game (and subsequent testing). This applies especially to stabilizing framerates, improving loading times, and taking care of resolution issues. Today's patch lays the overall groundwork for fixing these, and you will see more improvements with patch 2, currently targeting Friday 9/28.

While we continue building on that, a number of issues have been fixed in today’s patch. We added a FOV slider, solved some pesky crashes, overhauled some funky skills, and many other things. Please take a look at the complete list of changes to get the full picture:

Added FOV slider to the options menu
Added ability to delete each save independently
Updated ordering of PAK files to improve loading times up through Skyhenge
Tweaks to volumetric fog in many areas to reduce load on the GPU
Optimization of Kael’s Rudiment VFX to improve performance issues in combat
Fix for puzzle weapons not saving their puzzle state if they were equipped when solved
Fix to puzzle weapon crafting icons to remove stretching issues
Updated materials on some puzzle weapons handles not displaying properly on high, medium, low quality settings
Increased speed of Rain of Arrows enemy animations to reduce slowdown
Fix to a crash when pressing End Turn when the player has an exploding arrow on that would kill them after the turn
Added skill tree icons in subterfuge for lockpick and mastery
Raised FPS cap on smoothing to 260
Fixes to Inner Peace, Mindful, and Quick Thinking to not activate only once
Added windowed mode drop down to replace checkbox
Fix for game softlocking if a tutorial popped up right as a note was read
Fix for electric boon line crash with certain abilities proccing out of combat
Fix for a combatants kill action that could be triggered multiple times and after the end of combat screen which could cause a soft lock, notably with conjurers mark
Fix for activating a standing stone right as combat starts causing a soft lock
Fix for 2 handed weapons with 2 skills that were losing the first skill when level loading or training skills
Fix for issue where combat statuses weren’t being removed after combat
Removed the ability to destroy ink recipes in Mangar’s Tower
Updated Mangar’s horde fight in Mangar’s Tower so traps go away when defeated after save/load
Fix for a fairy golf collision issue in Baedish Lowlands
Audio improvements to final game scene
Removed code that auto sets controller functionality if a gamepad is connected. Gamepad functionality will be added in patch 3
Updated Blessing of Mathan VFX to remove untextured squares
Drunk tutorial should no longer fire off when stepping into a trap
Added aspect ratio adjustments when resolution is changed
Fix for changing between resolution, language, and fullscreen in the options menu causing the game resolution to revert to 1 x 1
Switched Sybale’s background VFX to the rogues set instead of the bards set
Fix for issue where pausing the game in certain (spoilers removed) cutscenes could cause the game to be unresponsive
Updates to floating damage text for readability
Fix for Rabbie’s FaceFX for Snow in Summer song.
Fix for issue where level transitions while dual wielding two main hand weapons would destroy the main hand weapon and dupe the offhand weapon
Fix for Elven wine tooltip to show amount of spell points you generate on use
Small walkability fix in Fichti forest
Fighter’s mana bar shows up now if they have the Veteran passive
Updated traps in base of Song of the Sentry to deal damage to the whole party
Updated text on skill points tutorials
Fix to Harkyn’s Castle and logic puzzle quests to properly complete
Fix to secret doors in Iwon Reg that became impassable after save/load
Fix for an issue where an equipped trinket would duplicate if a consumable trinket was swapped with it
Made the Torr Fion key a quest item
Can no longer spam a lever in Mangar’s tower that would restrict the skulls
Fix for Show North so it’s not useable in combat
Fix for bug where mana was using the current mana value and not the max mana value with certain items
Fix for wraith sub-abilities not respecting mana costs
Update to a combat space in Iwon Reg that was on top of spikes
Fix for an issue in Baedish Forest where there was a chance to get stuck in a combat space

Hotfix:
Fix for a possible sequence break in the Isle of Stronsea where the player could speak with the selkie sisters before they should be able to.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

On one had: Turn-based RPG from a decent family line.

On the other had: 55 GB needed to install?!?!?

I'm taking the plunge, but with reservations.

Edit: I think this install is larger than ALL of the games I installed and played for the first 15-20 years of my PC gaming.

(First Turn-based RPG I ever loved: Wizard's Crown on my C64)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Ppl on Steam forums are a bit pissed that the 5GB patch needs 55GB of space free to install, including myself. I spent an hour trying to move stuff around and still was not able to get enough free.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Ppl on Steam forums are a bit pissed
Tautological.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Did the patch seem to help any of the loading time issues?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Not for me. And I was noticing more stuttering since the patch, but then I just got outside so not sure if it would have been worse without the patch
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

I have an older rig with an OS-only SSD (early, small) and all of my programs on an old-school spinning disk.

I get long pauses and stutters loading.
I have issues with game events interrupting other events like level up and a quest event conflicting. This creates lock-ups.
I have issues with combat events "Stealing" focus (interrupt) from each other resulting in lock-ups. As I post this my 3 conscious party member are watching the 1 living rouge and no one has the go-focus. Two enemy rouges moved each other around and one of them bled out and I can only surmise that person was supposed to go next. So now, I am backing up (Again) to the last save and playing over.

You should test a game. Any paid testers of this game were either ignored, incompetent or imaginary.

The combination of the limited saves and the rocky game make for forced reply.

The combination of forced reply and waiting on load screens make me think its 1999 again. If only still had that great hair.

I think this is only for die-hard TB RPG folks and masochists at this point (I am one of those for sure).
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Thanks guys. Back to the "maybe someday later" pile it goes.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Well in all fairness if you read the patch notes they don't claim that this patch fixes the long load times or the stuttering. That's supposed to be in the next one on the 28th.

Other than those issues I haven't gmhad any other bugs and the gameplay is fun enough to keep me playing despite them
RMC

Post by RMC »

I purchased it, but have not played it. I have an ssd in my old rig and might bring it up to my new rig and move some games around to it. As currently all my games are on an old fashioned disk and platter. But honestly I don’t usually have any issues with most games on that drive.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Jag

Post by Jag »

RMC wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:56 am I purchased it, but have not played it. I have an ssd in my old rig and might bring it up to my new rig and move some games around to it. As currently all my games are on an old fashioned disk and platter. But honestly I don’t usually have any issues with most games on that drive.
You would be amazed how fast your system will run with your OS on an SSD. They are so cheap now too. It's a pain in the ass, but well worth it.

I'm really digging the gameplay and haven't had any issues with stuttering or load times. A few annoyances, primarily no respec option which really bothers me more than anything because the talent trees are not great frankly and I wouldn't mind trying a few different builds.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Jag wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 am
RMC wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:56 am I purchased it, but have not played it. I have an ssd in my old rig and might bring it up to my new rig and move some games around to it. As currently all my games are on an old fashioned disk and platter. But honestly I don’t usually have any issues with most games on that drive.
You would be amazed how fast your system will run with your OS on an SSD. They are so cheap now too. It's a pain in the ass, but well worth it.

I'm really digging the gameplay and haven't had any issues with stuttering or load times. A few annoyances, primarily no respec option which really bothers me more than anything because the talent trees are not great frankly and I wouldn't mind trying a few different builds.
Oh, my OS and C drive is on one of these, https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6820147466 but I went cheap on the main storage drive and just have an older HDD. The OS fires right up, and I hate to clog up that drive with games. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Still no significant issues for me, so I'm proceeding apace.

I started running into combat issues when I first started running into more armored enemies like the paladins, but after tweaking my party builds a bit I'm eating paladins for breakfast now. The key for me was getting 2 practitioners and getting them the upgraded meditate ability. Now when I fight armored enemies I use my conjuror's marks to clear all the weaker enemies, then meditate with my casters for more mana and start dropping high mental damage spells to ignore their armor.

I also just recently defeated a named enemy who dropped an elven wand. So far I've only been able to unlock 2 of it's puzzles, but those two unlocked armor rends for the wand which make that mage even deadlier against armored enemies since he can now just destroy everyones armor with conjuror's marks.

Really marked a turning point in terms of power for my party.
infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

Still no significant issues for me either.

I really like how when I load a saved game the original game art loading screen animation catches me up on the latest state of the story.

I just got outside Skara Brae last night and made it to the next village. My group is really struggling with the armor on the paladins. I have to say the AI, or lack thereof, in that battle is what saved me. They should have wiped me out quickly, but they kept casting shield wall and allowing my single caster to nip at their heels in 4 mental point increments for at least a dozen turns.
-something witty-
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

infinitelurker wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 pm I just got outside Skara Brae last night and made it to the next village. My group is really struggling with the armor on the paladins. I have to say the AI, or lack thereof, in that battle is what saved me. They should have wiped me out quickly, but they kept casting shield wall and allowing my single caster to nip at their heels in 4 mental point increments for at least a dozen turns.
That was exactly what triggered my re-tooling. The main thing was I started focusing some characters on mental damage, building up spell points, and adding rend to anyone that had an ability with it.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

anyone want a key to the remastered Bards Tale I-III?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaddison wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 pm anyone want a key to the remastered Bards Tale I-III?
Ooh! Ooh! Mememe!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Jaddison wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 pm anyone want a key to the remastered Bards Tale I-III?
Ooh! Ooh! Mememe!
Oh c'mon, you know Grim already has all three Bard's Tale games extensively cataloged and cross-referenced to their respective Wikipedia entries. Surely you want to give that code to someone who can appreciate them for the first time, right?

(hey, it was worth a shot ;))
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

SP- happy holidays, check your Steam account.
Since you asked second I decided to start the holiday giving a tad early- hell Christmas lights are going up earlier all the time right?

Isgrimnur sent you the key via Steam and a forum PM
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaddison wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:04 pm SP- happy holidays, check your Steam account.
Since you asked second I decided to start the holiday giving a tad early- hell Christmas lights are going up earlier all the time right?

Isgrimnur sent you the key via Steam and a forum PM
Wow, thanks! And for the record, my comment was totally a joke.

If Isg wants a copy too, it's on me.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

he got the key- no worries. Enjoy
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thank you kindly. I will get it redeemed tomorrow when the wife isn’t playing Scum.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jag

Post by Jag »

At some later point (around level 8-9) my party started getting "golden sparkles" around the screen at random points during exploring. I assume it means something hidden is nearby, but I activate all my abilities and haven't been able to discover any hidden secrets. Anyone else get this?
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Jag wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 am At some later point (around level 8-9) my party started getting "golden sparkles" around the screen at random points during exploring. I assume it means something hidden is nearby, but I activate all my abilities and haven't been able to discover any hidden secrets. Anyone else get this?
I believe that's the rogue skill that lets you know a chest is near.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Sepiche wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:34 am
Jag wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 am At some later point (around level 8-9) my party started getting "golden sparkles" around the screen at random points during exploring. I assume it means something hidden is nearby, but I activate all my abilities and haven't been able to discover any hidden secrets. Anyone else get this?
I believe that's the rogue skill that lets you know a chest is near.
That's what I thought, but the tooltip says the rogue will tell you when a chest is near. I guess the random sparkles are him telling me. It also happens when there is an already open chest nearby, which is annoying as well.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Finally got it patched, and I do see improvement in the frame rate. I was surprised that moving the default FOV slider to 100% (why would that not be default?!) seemed to bump the FPS, which seems counter-intuitive.

Loving the atmosphere so far!

Not sure what I was expecting exactly, in terms of a followup to the first gen games, but I think my best analogy is this is to ‘vintage’ Bard’s Tale what Fallout 3 was to vintage Fallout.

The biggest connection is the context and references, but really none of the mechanics or gameplay style.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

BTIV is $27 on GMG with code PAYDAY23... tempting if I wasn't already drowning in games.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

7 GB "patch" released this morning.
Spoiler:
The second patch for The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep is live, and it is a big one. Once again, thank you for all the feedback you provided. We really appreciate it.

In this patch, our team's main focus was continuing to improve optimization of the game across both the GPU and the CPU. We have made some great gains in this area across all quality settings and we will continue to improve it in the upcoming next patch.

We also continued our improvements to loading times. Additional notable fixes in this patch include a resolution to a problem some people experienced during launch where non-ASCII characters in Windows usernames would cause a game crash, UI support for widescreen and non 16-9 aspect ratios, large localization updates across all languages, clean-up pass to the mini-map (including adding save totems to it), lots of ability clean-up and description work, and various balance tweaks.

Moving forward, we are already working on the third patch that will have additional optimization and load time fixes. We expect this to be out in approximately 10 days when this work has been completed.

Beyond that, we will be focusing on additional optimization, fixes, and Legacy Mode. Unfortunately, Legacy Mode will not be part of the third patch as we originally suggested, as this feature is a larger project, and we did not want that feature to reduce the cadence of our updates in the meantime..
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I assume the long loading issue ppl complaining about was related to having the game installed on an SSD or not? I had no issues with that.

Will be interesting to see if the latest patch/optimization allows me to play on ultra, even though I have the minimum spec viggie card.

What is the legacy mode they refer to?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 am What is the legacy mode they refer to?
Apparently, it's going to be mode for the in my day crowd that want more of an 80s feel to the game.
Between the alpha and beta, we received a number of great "throwback" suggestions in addition to the ones we already had. Taking a page from the Bard's Tale remaster, we decided to bring all of these features into what we're calling a "Legacy Mode". The bad news is that, in order to get them all in, we'll need time to iterate, so they won't be ready at release time. The good news is that the list of features is much more than we were originally intending on doing, all thanks to your suggestions. In addition to the previously discussed grid-based movement and hiding the minimap, we're also working on features such as old school scrolling text for combat, a save system closer to the original games for hardcore purists, and even an ability to bring back the "A-Team". This will be another of our immediate focuses post-launch, and you can look for the Legacy Mode to arrive sometime soon after the game's release.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Oooh, that sounds awesome. Might just wait to play until that mode is ready.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 am I assume the long loading issue ppl complaining about was related to having the game installed on an SSD or not? I had no issues with that.

Will be interesting to see if the latest patch/optimization allows me to play on ultra, even though I have the minimum spec viggie card.

I don't have a SSD and I found that when the game was loading I could walk upstairs and make a coffee on my Kureig (by that I mean turn it on...wait for it to heat up and then add the coffee to a reusable pod, then brew the coffee and then add cream) and come back just in time for it to finish. With the patches it's not as bad but still worse than anything else I own and I own a lot of games
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

IceBear wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:11 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 am I assume the long loading issue ppl complaining about was related to having the game installed on an SSD or not? I had no issues with that.

I don't have a SSD and I found that when the game was loading I could walk upstairs and make a coffee on my Kureig (by that I mean turn it on...wait for it to heat up and then add the coffee to a reusable pod, then brew the coffee and then add cream) and come back just in time for it to finish. With the patches it's not as bad but still worse than anything else I own and I own a lot of games
Re-reading my post, I don't think it's clear - I meant to imply that those running the game on non-SSD installs were likely the ones having load time issues.

FWIW, now is a GREAT time to buy an SSD...prices have dropped like a brick in the past 4-6 months. I am about to convert my whole storage to SSD now that they are so affordable (currently using a couple SSD's for OS and games, and traditional platter HDD for music, video and pics).

Sampling of recent deals:
$50 for a Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 250GB
$70 for a Crucial BX 480GB SSD

Those are just for SATA SSD's...also deals on the NVME versions for those that have the hardware. (I do, but chose to go with SATA's just due to cost)
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Yeah sorry I wasn't sure if you were asking if it was a problem with SSD or not. I was just clarifying my situation. I agree that I should pick up a SSD but honestly too slammed with work to want to go messing around with hardware. Also wonder why non-SSD is such an issue with this game when I have soooooooo many others that works fine
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Ouch. Gamespot did not love it to say the least:

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-ba ... 0-6417002/

I didn't realize until I read that review, that it's not possible to miss? That's...weird. Yet another departure from the original that I am not crazy about (but withholding judgement until I can play legacy mode)

Metacritic score currently at 72 FWIW.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Ouch. I will definitely wait until one more patch hits, just based on the bugs that seem to still exist in the game.
infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

Patch 3 is out!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/566090 ... 9041240396
Spoiler:
Hello everyone!

Today, we are pleased to get you the latest patch for The Bard´s Tale IV: Barrows Deep.

Patch 3 introduces additional enhancements to graphic settings, character art, localization, as well as further addressing remaining issues like ability bugs, optimization of loading times, and stability across the game.

With Patch 3 done, please allow us a few personal words: Here at inXile, we are always committed to making quality RPGs, and we are totally devoted to what we are doing. The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep is a game that we poured our hearts into, and every single one of us is very sad that the release of the game we are so proud of was overshadowed by performance issues. Of course, we wish that we had caught these things at launch and have been working overtime to correct them as quickly as we can. For those of you affected, we are truly sorry for any bad experience that you might have had.

We hope you will enjoy the changes and if you do, we would be very grateful for a user review if you haven't written one yet. Of course, the same applies if you were forced to write a negative review in the past, but would be so kind to reconsider now if the issues that prevented you to enjoy the game were addressed in the meantime.

Thank you very much for your patience, and your ongoing support. It means the world to us.

With Patch 3 being released, we are now focusing on our original goal of enhancing the game by adding many additional features after launch. Legacy Mode, controller support, and grid movement will only be some of them and we will talk more about those items and more in the near future. Friends of Mac and Linux will also be happy to hear that we are working on those versions as well.

For details on this patch, please check out the notes below:

Stability:
Improved how our graphics benchmarking determined the correct graphics settings for your system.
Several optimizations for improved performance.
Players who played in non-English languages and encountered issues with placing cogs into gear puzzles and had their save files corrupted should now have working save files again.
Fixed a crash related to using Jarnel’s Eyes in certain dungeons.
Fixed a crash related to skipping the post combat screen after defeating Mangar for the 1st time.
Fixed several combat placement bugs across the game.
Fixed a crash in the Cellars of Kylearan's Tower caused by defeating Mangar and then defeating any remaining fights in the dungeon.
Fixed a bug relating to how push-blocks reset themselves after being pushed into a hole multiple time. They'll now properly reset each time Stone Remembers is sung.
Fixed a crash relating to using Mangar’s Mind Jab in the fight against Mangar.
Fixed several issues relating to certain performance actors not saving properly after escaping to main menu.
Fixed an issue in which players could not access vendors after reloading a save game under some circumstances.
Fixed an issue in which hidey bides wouldn’t work correctly if you exited the game before looting the cache or the cache reset itself.

Gameplay:
Fixed several issues where certain doors and puzzles were not saving when exiting to the main menu or to desktop.
Fixed a bug that caused Sharp, Keen, and Honed puzzle weapon boons to reduce your damage to 0 when you critically hit with a dagger or a bow ability.
The description of the Wrecking Ball passive has been updated.
Fixed a bug that caused 2-handed weapons to corrupt your characters stats when equipping and unequipping that item after purchasing skills.
Fixed a bug in which the bridge to the Orkan Rookery could get stuck if you ran into it while it was assembling.
Fixed a bug that resulted in Arthur de-spawning if you defeated the ritualists around him, but save/loaded your game before speaking with him.
Fixed several instances in which waypoints were not deactivating when you switched which quest was being tracked.
The Power Rush passive and status effect have a clearer description, and now correctly work with AoE abilities.
Lute of Compulsory Cavorting no longer has question marks in its description and its Drunk effect works properly.
Fixed an issue in the Sentry Tower that resulted in buttons on the 3rd floor getting stuck in the depressed position if you exited the game before they reset themselves.
Removed extraneous waypoints in Castle Langskall.
Fixed an exploit that allowed you to dupe items inside the merchant inventory.
Fixed an exploit in which you could duplicate items via offering statues.
The Guardian passive now has a clearer description of what it's doing.
Fixed an issue with status effects, like On Fire or Rend, stacking from different sources and not correctly calculating the effect. If two status effects aren’t the same strength, they’ll no longer stack on one another, and instead create a new stack.
Fairy Powder Bombs will now play their explosion when they detonate, and will no longer harm your own team.
Lowland Park Whisky now changes your next melee attack damage type to mental damage, as intended.
Traps in the Sulfur Springs are now more lethal.
Fixed a bug in which caltrops could trigger on dead enemies, causing caltrops to not trigger properly on living enemies.

Etc.
A Sharpness post process effect and slider was added, which allows you to adjust how crisp or blurred the game appears.
Anti-Aliasing & Post Processing settings are now updated when you adjust your Effects Quality in the options menu.
Running the game in borderless window mode will now correctly match your monitor’s current resolution.
Greatly improved the user interface when playing with 4:3 aspect ratio.
Improvements to non-English localized text.
Several graphical updates in Baedish lowlands environment.
Fixed an issue where several settings in the Options menu weren’t properly saving.
Updated the mesh seen in the inspection window for staves and Lowland Park Whisky.
Street signs, offering altars, and elven altars now properly display in the correct language, based on your language settings.
You can no longer choose to not help the Selkie sisters. When destiny calls, you answer.
Fixed several backer quotes in the Main Menu.
Fixed a bug in which the music on the Main Menu would stop playing after completing screen calibration.
Fixed several typos in character dialogue.
Updated how fullscreen tutorials show text in other languages, better accounting for increases in text size after translation.
Adjusted the amount of time subtitles stay on screen.
Fixed several issues relating to localized text over-running its boundaries in the interface.
Added additional audio in a few areas where it was missing.
Updated Fairy Golf music so that it plays through the entire fairy gold arena.
The crafting menu now displays how many of a given item will result from crafting.
Additional decals, statues, and effects added to Skara Brae underground.

Known issues to watch out for until fixed:
If you escape to the main menu during the final animated scene in the game (the cinematic after defeating the final boss), your save file can get into a state in which you cannot complete the final step of the main quest. To avoid this issue, please allow all the animated scenes to play out without exiting the game.
We found that player’s have a small chance to suffer odd behaviors, including crashes, when using a practitioner’s dragon breath & conjurorer’s mark on groups of skeleton enemies.
Player’s zoning into Skyhenge for the first time have a small chance to experience a crash. This only happens on the first time transitioning into the zone.
Player’s summon creatures that last till the end of combat will create a checkerboard icon on the victory screen.
Tarjan boss fight can be completed without utilizing the hungering blade by using the melting boon from puzzle weapons.This is an exploit and not as designed.
-something witty-