I Have $100. Help Me Spend It.

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

YellowKing

I Have $100. Help Me Spend It.

Post by YellowKing »

As the thread title says, I have found myself in possession of $100 that can only go towards games. The particulars surrounding this event are somewhat complex but suffice it to say it involves the game group and monies owed from me buying stuff for someone else, consolidating CSI shipments, etc.

It is important to note that this money is free and clear and does not have to be put towards a game group game, as anything I purchase will be my sole ownership.

A couple of ideas I've had I'll toss out - anyone who has any input please feel free to chime in:

SCYTHE & FENRIS EXPANSION - not only do I think I'd enjoy the solo automata, the Fenris expansion would give me an excuse to get it to the group table.

All the remaining MANSIONS OF MADNESS 2nd Edition expansions I don't have.

Some other hotness? Anyone have any other suggestions of stuff they're really enjoying right now? Co-op and/or soloable preferred.
coopasonic

Re: I Have $100. Help Me Spend It.

Post by coopasonic »

I don't keep up, but Essen is 4 weeks away. Lots of new hotness will come out of that. I will be checking some of them out three weeks after.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Do you have to spend it by a certain time? If not, just sit on it until there's a game you really want.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:53 am If not, just sit on it until there's a game you really want.
How un-american!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

When I saw the topic title and before I saw that it was posted by YK, my immediate reaction was "God damn it, Drazzil"....

But as to the actual topic, I'm no help. There really just isn't any board game that I'm lusting after at the moment.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I keep meaning to write up my solo experiences with Street Masters over the last few weeks but I've been too busy. I think it's my solo board game of the year because it came out of nowhere and is ridiculous fun. Cards, dice, miniatures - it ticks every box. Super quick to play and setup as well. Straight up fighting mode or you can do a campaign/story if you want. Insane variability in characters, enemies and maps. You can get the KS package direct from Blacklist for $109 right now or wait until 10/23 and go crazy for the reprint KS and expansion.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I hope to get a play in of Fallout: Wasteland Warfare this weekend. I'll let you know what I think after I play.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

While they're hardly the 'new hotness' and I dunno if you already own 'em, but I've found Burgle Bros, Dead of Winter, and T.I.M.E Stories (along with some expansions) to all be enjoyable co-op games.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:There really just isn't any board game that I'm lusting after at the moment.
That was partly my reason for starting the thread. The hype machine is kind of dull at the moment. Even GenCon this year, as much fun as I had, seemed a little more sedate from an excitement/buzz level than the year before.

I think waiting until after Essen (which I had somehow totally forgotten about) is probably a wise decision.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:17 am When I saw the topic title and before I saw that it was posted by YK, my immediate reaction was "God damn it, Drazzil"....
This.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

For 99 dollars you can pre-order Gen 7 from Plaid Hat Games. This entry in the Crossroads game series wasn't even on my radar until I recently heard Quinns on Shut Up and Sit Down practically worshiping it in a review. Now I'm all kinds of curious.
Covfefe!
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:31 am
SCYTHE & FENRIS EXPANSION - not only do I think I'd enjoy the solo automata, the Fenris expansion would give me an excuse to get it to the group table.
I love Scythe but it is divisive. Have you played this previously? Many people go into it thinking it is a war-game when it fact it is closer to industry building/farming with Mechs. As for the expansion, without spoiling it, I will say it definitely has value even if you don't play the campaign.

Really though, we are nearing the end of the year and online stores are going to start having big sales. I would wait and see what you can get then unless you are really in need of something new.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:19 pm
Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:17 am When I saw the topic title and before I saw that it was posted by YK, my immediate reaction was "God damn it, Drazzil"....
This.
I actually thought it was Daehawk.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Gloomhaven @$103 from Amazon?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.