Assassins Creed Odyssey

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Assassins Creed Odyssey

Post by Daehawk »

Seen this posted in the E3 thread. They now have a pre purchase up. The one they wanted to show me when I exited Black Flag was a $749.00 version with a statue. I can do nothing but laugh and shake my head.

Some info on the game
https://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed ... uirements/

And the $750.00 version
https://store.ubi.com/us/assassins-cree ... 7a8e5.html

So for that much cash you get a 27" statue to gather dust wit hall your other collectible junk.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Re: Assassins Creed Odyssey

Post by Rumpy »

You know you want that statue... come on ;)

But yeesh, when will these publishers figure out that these likely aren't to sell? Maybe that's the point though. Create a stir, which causes people to talk about you and your game, giving you buzz in the process, so even if nobody buys it, still a win for them.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Am I to assume that Odyssey is coming out this October? Only a year after the previous one?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yep, that's what's been said. October 5th. And later that month, RDR2 also releases: October 26th.

Honestly, I'd have been happy with them skipping a year seeing as how big a game it is. The new games using the rpg structure have a slower more methodical feel to them that don't feel right to rush.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I just watched a video, 12 cool things in Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gameplay E3 2018 from Eurogamer. I was struck by how much this game looks like AC Origins. Not just the ancient, columned buildings, but also the combat, the "eagle" vision, a number of things. I do think the new dialog options are an interesting feature, although how much actual difference it will make to the story remains to be seen. And the video noted that there are 40 hours of cut scenes, I am not sure how this compares to Origins, but I don't remember that amount of cut scenes, or maybe I missed a lot.

Speaking of comparisons, here's an image of the six different editions, those that don't include statues. By the way, the Ubisoft store says that the $219 USD Pantheon edition is already sold out. Darn :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Well, less than a month before release, so I guess it's time to talk this up a bit once more. The PC specs have been published:
Minimum Requirements
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8 GHz, Ryzen 3 – 1200, Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1 GHz
Video: AMD Radeon R9 285 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
Memory: 8GB RAM
Resolution: 720p
Targeted framerate: 30 FPS
Video Preset: Low
Storage: 46GB available hard drive space
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Recommended Specification
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, Ryzen 5 - 1400, Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz
Video: AMD Radeon R9 290 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB VRAM or more with Shader Model 5.0) or better – See supported list*
Memory: 8GB RAM
Resolution: 1080p
Video Preset: High

Recommended 4K Configuration
Processor: AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 3.8 GHz, Intel Core i7 7700 @ 4.2 GHz
Video: AMD Vega 64, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
Memory: 16GB RAM
Resolution: 4K
Video Preset: High
*Supported video cards at time of release:

AMD Radeon R9 285/R9 380/RX 460/RX 560 or better, AMD Radeon 200/300/Fury X/400/500 series, Radeon Vega series: RX Vega 56 or better, NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660/760/950/1050 or better, GeForce® GTX 600/700/900/10-Series series.
I have an i7-4770K and and GTX 1060 6GB so I ought to be good for the recommended.

And there's this:
We are very pleased to share with you today some more information on the PC specs for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. As was already the case for Assassin's Creed Origins, the PC version is not a port of the console versions of the game, but a tailored experience developed by a dedicated team at Ubisoft Kiev in close collaboration with Ubisoft Québec, the lead studio on Odyssey. Having a dedicated team on the PC version allows us to offer the level of customization that PC players expect, which will enable them to adapt the experience to their PC configuration. The PC version of Assassin's Creed Odyssey will also include unique features not found in the console versions, such as benchmark tools to test the different graphics settings, and a toggle option for dynamic resolution rendering to uncap the framerate.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

EngineNo9;951731 wrote:Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Power of Choice Trailer

I'll be on a trip till a couple days after this releases, so I'll forego either of the "pay a lot, unlock three days early!" options and just go with the standard game. Still, since I've gotten each AC game since Unity on or close to release day I'll probably pre-order it.

Now I just have to figure out how to turn on my computer from the road so I can do the pre-load ;)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Green Man Gaming just announced Odyssey as their Game of the Week and are offering 18% off each of the versions. I might go ahead and pre-order just to take advantage of the discount.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I only got to play for about 45 minutes this morning before work and it was a little frustrating. I am not sure exactly what the problem was, but after finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Spider-man in the past few weeks the AC:O interface/map/compass/I don't know what just isn't clicking for me. One of the very first quests has an investigation area to find clues where some bandits went and I couldn't find the third and final clue. I also learned that my amazon basics xbox gamepad's left bumper doesn't work. :P That could be a problem.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:58 am I only got to play for about 45 minutes this morning before work and it was a little frustrating. I am not sure exactly what the problem was, but after finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Spider-man in the past few weeks the AC:O interface/map/compass/I don't know what just isn't clicking for me. One of the very first quests has an investigation area to find clues where some bandits went and I couldn't find the third and final clue. I also learned that my amazon basics xbox gamepad's left bumper doesn't work. :P That could be a problem.
I haven't played it yet (picking it up on Friday), but the ACG review mentioned that many of the quest hints (i.e. "boss can be found to the east") are incorrect and send you in the wrong direction.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I played it a bunch yesterday from Hong Kong. :twisted: I haven't had much issues at all with the map or navigation. Except for 1 lockup I also haven't run into any obvious bugs. It's really really fun so far. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I saw that they were moving it more towards a real RPG which really go my interest. That plus the setting being in Greece had me lining up for the pre-order. The starter island took me 3-4 hours to get off and then I briefly played in the new area. There's a lot going on in the game, but so far it hasn't felt overwelming. I did get yelled at by my wife for laughing too hard at one scene as the kiddo was asleep in the next room. :lol: It's early, but so far I have to give it a major thumbs up.

I'm running on the high settings with pretty much no hitches that I noticed:
I7 7700
1060 3G (I really need to get a card with more memory)
16 GB RAM
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Are you playing in Guided or Exploration mode? I am trying out Exploration mode.

I googled the quest and know what I missed now. I'll check when I get home to see if it is reasonable that I missed it. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:24 am Are you playing in Guided or Exploration mode? I am trying out Exploration mode.

I googled the quest and know what I missed now. I'll check when I get home to see if it is reasonable that I missed it. :P
All the clues were like 5-10 feet from each other. Sherlock Holmes you are not. :P :wink: I don't know if it gets any harder, but so far the exploration mode isn't hard at all. They give you a general area to go to. And then they tell you that you are close. And you then send up your drone.. I mean bird and find the area. I guess when I get to the bigger areas it could be more difficult, but so far it doesn't seem like it will.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hey now, the footprints were like 20 feet down the road from the wagon and did not stand out in any way until you got close and got the magnifying glass icon. I have the "highlight things" skill and it apparently does nothing for this. That's why I took that skill dammit.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I think I figured out my map problem. It gets much easier when you use the right controls and can actually zoom in the map. Location hints are kind of useless when you only look at the map zoomed all the way out where you can't see any of the labels. :oops:

I pretty much caught up to where Octavious was yesterday. Ship combat wee, recruiting a basically worthless crew member because the game makes you, boo!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:16 am I think I figured out my map problem. It gets much easier when you use the right controls and can actually zoom in the map. Location hints are kind of useless when you only look at the map zoomed all the way out where you can't see any of the labels. :oops:

I pretty much caught up to where Octavious was yesterday. Ship combat wee, recruiting a basically worthless crew member because the game makes you, boo!
Can you kick him repeatedly in the ass? Many reviewers talk about your Spartan kick skill and since it's non-lethal (except if it results in a kick over a cliffside) it could be a way to get out your frustrations.

I'm excited for my PS4 copy arriving this Friday. Wrapped up everything I wanted to do in AC:Origins and I'm ready for more Assassin's Creed goodness.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I didn't buy the Spartan Kick yet. Despite the game making stealth less of a priority I am still all in on stealth and yelling and kicking fools across the landscape isn't very stealthy.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I was going to wait for this to go down in price, but the ass kicking mechanic has me intrigued. :P
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You are going to wait for a sale on AC4 crossed with Origins? I mean I've heard of people like you but I've never met one.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Actually the only reason I've been holding off is that I know if I buy this I'll never finish Dragon Quest XI. :cry:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya I still have to go back to Dragon Quest. I went on a buying spree the last couple of months after finally kindof not totally burning out on PUBG. :lol:

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 am Actually the only reason I've been holding off is that I know if I buy this I'll never finish Dragon Quest XI. :cry:
I came to that realization about 10 minutes after I started it. :)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Whatever I'm playing will have to make way when Red Dead comes out. I think I may quit my job so I that can have more time to play it. :lol:

baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I am trying to decide if I want to play as Alexios or Kassandra. Supposedly, in the lore book, Kassandra is the "canon" character. Also, she kicks butt and has a Wonder Woman vibe. That said, Alexios has this brash, Bruce Campbell type bravado. Both are pretty interesting characters, which is always nice.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

baelthazar wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:44 pm I am trying to decide if I want to play as Alexios or Kassandra. Supposedly, in the lore book, Kassandra is the "canon" character. Also, she kicks butt and has a Wonder Woman vibe. That said, Alexios has this brash, Bruce Campbell type bravado. Both are pretty interesting characters, which is always nice.
Been trying to decide that as well. I’ve heard Kassandra has much better voice acting, for whatever that’s worth.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I've been having fun playing Kassandra. I've not seen Alexios in any way but in the trailers so I can't really compare. Apparently it makes practically no difference in any way to the gameplay or story. A few lines get adjusted, but otherwise it is all the same. I think would be cool if they were more different, each better at different things, but I am not going to play it twice so I guess it doesn't really matter to me.

I'm about 8 hours in. I have played the first large battle, which crushed my system and turned things into a slideshow. I think I was over-leveled a bit. I was 11 and the enemies were 9 I think and even with the awful framerate I took out 14 soldiers and 6 captains. There is an attack skill that unlocks at 10th level that does 60% of assassin damage. It doesn't sound like a big attack, but 60% of assassin damage is a LOT of damage. I one-hit all 6 of those captains. It takes a bar of adrenaline so it isn't the end-all power, but then again adrenaline isn't hard to come by in a battle as you might imagine.

Thanks to the Spartan kick, the lieutenants on my ship are both former bounty hunters. It makes me happy to have them working for me. I have yet to board a ship as I haven't left the first post-tutorial area yet, but it's good to know the folks that were trying to murder me now have my back... probably.

While this game is pretty similar to Odyssey, the fact that you are a mercenary and can take work from both sides of the conflict can make things confusing. You can assassinate or attack just about anyone you run into. If you are indiscriminate you might just kill the wrong guy and have an entire city coming after you... and then you might end up with three bounty hunters coming after you all at the same time. For the record, you really don't want to fight 3 bounty hunters at once. Even two can be a problem. I do like that you have the choice of how to handle the bounties. You can pay the bounty or just kill the people offering the bounty. I mean you can also just wait it out and let the bounty hunters come after you, which is nice if you have some slots to fill on your ship. :twisted:

My only real complaint about the game is that there is way too much to do at one time. It is relatively under control in the first island, you can complete everything before you advance the story, but *after* finishing the story quest in the second area I still have 11 open quests and they keep coming. I'm not always sure what's a "real" quest and what is randomly generated busy work. I guess the timed stuff is the generated stuff, but not 100%.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Overall am really enjoying it. Got to the first post tutorial area.

-Did a little bit of pirating and seafaring. Sea stuff is fun so far. Seafaring controls very similar to BLack Flag. Haven't gotten too deep into that aspect. It seems its all about upgrading the ship, to get it really sweetly decked out. YOu get the resources by breaking down looted armor & weapons, ie the normal crap.

-I also like the environment vibe a lot. Seems, wait for it....very greekish. IE the outfits, speech, and terrain. It's lets you suspend your disbelief I think, and sucks you in.

-The lack of shield made me nervous at first, but I've been actively trying to get the hang of parrying, and when you get it right, its pretty sweet. So if someone starts, try to get the hang of that quickly.

-The skill trees are a bit revamped. Not sure how i like the limiting of skills on your L1 + square, triangle etc..icon menu. Filled out the melee one so far. Havent gotten the hang of spartan kick yet.

-Resource gathering seems a bit more tame this time V. origins. Which i think is nice.

-Really like that they went further back in time with this one. Its probably set around 450 BC.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Newcastle wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:39 am -The skill trees are a bit revamped. Not sure how i like the limiting of skills on your L1 + square, triangle etc..icon menu. Filled out the melee one so far. Havent gotten the hang of spartan kick yet.
Yeah 4 melee and 4 ranged skills is pretty limiting.
Newcastle wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:39 am -Really like that they went further back in time with this one. Its probably set around 450 BC.
431 BC, start of the Peloponnesian Athens v Sparta war
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

I got to play for a few hours this morning (I didn't buy one of the early-access versions but, if you get the game through Uplay instead of Steam, VPNs are your friend). I've done most, I think, of the starter area, in about 4 hours... still have a little bit more to go before I move on. Thoughts:

- Definitely feels like a tweaked Origins, which is good, although I want a shield, damnit!

- Runs quite nicely on my three-year-old system, with a GTX 970, at 1920x1080 on Ultra (I think I turned down a couple shadow/cloud settings a notch, but that's it). Maybe even a little smoother than Origins?

- Level does seem REALLY important to combat effectiveness. A Level 5 mercenary that I couldn't handle at Level 4 was a piece of cake at Level 5. Although I did also pick up a new weapon and some gear between attempts, which probably had something to do with the difference, too.

- Other than that one fight, playing on Hard, I'm not finding it any more challenging than Origins (which is to say, not very, outside of boss fights). I only just unlocked the Heal ability... I wonder if that will make if feel too easy, now?

- I don't like sharks. I probably just don't know what I'm doing with them but I suspect that any underwater combat is going to be one of my least-favourite parts of the game.

- The intro area is really enjoyable to play. A couple of the NPCs are interesting, if not deep, characters, the island is beautiful, and there's a perfect amount of stuff to do without feeling overwhelming. Given that it's the one area of the game that everyone who buys it will see, I'm sure it's the most carefully curated location there is, but if the rest of the game is anything like this, it's going to be a lot of fun.

I'm planning to play more after work tonight and hopefully I'll have a chance to share any more thoughts once I get a bit further.

- Ash
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:20 am I'm not always sure what's a "real" quest and what is randomly generated busy work. I guess the timed stuff is the generated stuff, but not 100%.
Some video I watched before playing the game pointed out that the "real" side quests have black-and-gold icons, the more make-worky ones (from message boards and the like) have black-and-silver ones. So, the suggestion is to not bother with the message boards quests or any quest icon that isn't for the main story or have a gold-colored icon.

- Ash
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Asharak wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 pm - I don't like sharks. I probably just don't know what I'm doing with them but I suspect that any underwater combat is going to be one of my least-favourite parts of the game.
I killed two of the sharks with my bow while standing on the wooden posts. They weren't much of a challenge from there.
Asharak wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 pm - Runs quite nicely on my three-year-old system, with a GTX 970, at 1920x1080 on Ultra (I think I turned down a couple shadow/cloud settings a notch, but that's it). Maybe even a little smoother than Origins?
You probably have another 4-5 hours before you get to the first big battle. You may just want to turn some more settings down for that. I'm also running a 970 and my system was *not* happy.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Asharak wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 pm - Definitely feels like a tweaked Origins, which is good, although I want a shield, damnit!
That saves me some money. I'll wait for it to go on sale. For the 20 or so hours I put into Origins, all I remember is getting frequently stuck on things, combat that felt too much like an MMORPG, and stealth that didn't really feel like an Assassin's Creed brand of stealth. I wish they'd just go back to what they did with Black Flag, Syndicate, etc....but just add more stuff.
Covfefe!
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm That saves me some money. I'll wait for it to go on sale. For the 20 or so hours I put into Origins, all I remember is getting frequently stuck on things, combat that felt too much like an MMORPG, and stealth that didn't really feel like an Assassin's Creed brand of stealth. I wish they'd just go back to what they did with Black Flag, Syndicate, etc....but just add more stuff.
Fair enough. It always feels weird to help someone by convincing them NOT to get a game that you're enjoying. :?

FWIW, I got burned out on traditional AC gameplay before I'd even finished AC2. I played a fair chunk of Black Flag and enjoyed it, but it was too long and I got distracted and never finished it. I didn't play any of the AC games between that and deciding to pick up Origins on sale this summer.

I really enjoyed that Origins didn't feel like the original AC games, in a lot of ways. I hated the chase sequences in the early AC games, for instance, because my character would always decide that I had my mouse/thumbstick pointed 1 degree off of straight and thus decide to make a 90 degree turn and try to climb up a wall instead of chasing the target, and then I would fall behind and desync and have to start the chase over again. Similarly, I hated how easy it was in early AC games to aggro what felt like an entire town of guards at once and have no choice but to run away and away and away to find somewhere to hide. Origins was refreshingly free of irritations like that. The combat system felt much more Arkham/Witcher-esque, which I found more enjoyable.

So, my point: if what you're looking for is a "classic" AC experience, you're probably right to be cautious here, because Odyssey definitely continues the reboot that was Origins, combining the meta concepts of the AC franchise (the precursor civ, the mystical artifacts, the Animus, etc.) with gameplay that is definitely more inspired by the successful modern RPGs. Where it changes things from Origins, it generally leans into that reboot rather than away from it: you have more pieces of RPG-style gear to equip and upgrade now, for example, than you did in Origins, and the dialogue options give you an ability to choose your personality that is much more in line with an RPG than the "historical simulation" that AC used to be.

- Ash
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Are they still keeping the animus database out of the game? Another thing I sorely missed from Origins was the wealth of historical data that would appear in my database that I could refer to at any time. Sure, they added a guided tour of Egypt as a free DLC for owners of Origins, but it was a half hearted solution that really only captured a drastically small percentage of the other games' historical info.
Covfefe!
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 pm Are they still keeping the animus database out of the game? Another thing I sorely missed from Origins was the wealth of historical data that would appear in my database
I haven't noticed that stuff in this game yet, no. I haven't gone looking for it, though (it was nice, intellectually, that it was there in previous games but I never had the patience to read it, so I haven't missed it), so maybe it's tucked in a submenu somewhere that I haven't stumbled across. Someone else can probably confirm either way.

- Ash
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

It's worth mentioning this: there's a brewing controversy over the game's length: specifically, that there's a microtransaction to shorten it, if you're so inclined, by giving you the "opportunity" to spend another $10 to permanently boost your XP gain by 50%, drastically easing the game's level-gating.

I haven't played enough to know how true this is or whether it's a tempest in a teapot being stirred up by game reviewers frustrated and burned out by having to publish a review of a massive game on a tight timeline.

Personally, echoing what someone on QT3 said, I don't mind if the game expects me to do more than just the main storyline. I like doing side-quests and well-designed secondary content. But there's a difference between side-quests and "busywork" like repeatable daily quests or icon-vacuuming. If I can stay on level and continue to progress as long as I do the major things but without having to "100%" every area, then I'm going to be fine with that. I'm going to be frustrated, however, if I end up having to choose between spending extra hours hunting down every last tablet puzzle / location-completing loot chest or spending another $10 to skip that stuff. Of course, I got more than a $10 discount on the game by pre-ordering through Green Man Gaming, so I could justify it that way... but it would still be offensive game design.

- Ash
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I read that Polygon article, and I'm not convinced it's a for real problem yet. Here's my why:

- It's a journo, probably playing it as quickly as possible, like jorunos tend to, trying to get all the way through so they're able to talk about it front to back when it releases. That leads to mainlining the story missions, mostly. Which totally isn't how I play, and probably isn't how most people play.
- I don't know how many, if any, side stuff they did before the "six hour" stretch it took them to go from level 15 > 17 like the game required them to. I don't know if they did almost none, and if they'd done some, if they would've been the level 17 the game wanted them to be. I don't know if they did a ton of side stuff, but it still wasn't enough.
- It makes the assumption that their experience means that the devs were definitely pushing them to buy the XP boost, which is a pretty big leap to make.

Now, it's totally possible that they were doing a reasonable amount of side stuff, and that level stretch is built into the game. I don't know, I'm not there yet. But I'm willing to bet that they just built their leveling curve with the expectation that to stay on it, you do at least some side stuff. That seems like a pretty reasonable expectation to me, in a giant open world game like this.

So I don't know, it's possible that those worries will turn out to be true. If they are, I'll be a little sad. I'm honestly not super worried, because I play this kind of game pretty completionist. In AC Origins, I was vastly over leveled by about 25% of the way through because I did all the side stuff, and I was fine with that. So I guess it's wait and see, but given the click-baity history of Polygon and Forbes contributor columns, I'm not really worried.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Chaz wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:09 pm So I don't know, it's possible that those worries will turn out to be true. If they are, I'll be a little sad. I'm honestly not super worried, because I play this kind of game pretty completionist.
I'm over-leveled so far at around 9 hours in, but I am also more of a completionist player. I will say that you can't really go full completionist on this because quests are generated seemingly constantly and also once you hand a territory over to the Spartans it appears you can turn right around and start work to hand it back to the Athenians like an arms dealer profiting as long as there is endless conflict.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

If you have Twitch Prime, they're giving away an Aegean Pirate Pack.
The packs contain a rare gear set, the Atoll Horse Mount, a unique pirate ship design, and a pirate crew theme.
  • Aegean Pirate Gear Set: Like the waves themselves, pirates surge forth, strike fiercely and escape swiftly. Embody the ruthless qualities of the Aegean Pirate with this gear set.
  • Aegean Atoll: This mount somehow enjoys being on rocking boats as much as running on dry land.
  • Aegean Ship Design: The mythical creature motifs on this ship cause most merchants to quickly surrender.
  • Aegean Crew Theme: For most people, the mention of pirates brings the image of savage men on the seas.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch