4K TV bargains 2018

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Daehawk

4K TV bargains 2018

Post by Daehawk »

If you need a big tv nows the time it seems. Walmart has TVs cheap all the time. Crazy prices like a 32" is $89 and a 50" is $209. But here is a list of 4K smart TVs . Like 4k Smart TV HDTV Sharp 50" $249 stuff.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04 ... ls-of-2018
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
YellowKing

Re: 4K TV bargains 2018

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah I think this Christmas may be when I finally pull the trigger on 4K. They've gone from "affordably priced" to "we're practically giving these away so please just take one."

I'm typically very picky about TVs and do a ton of research, etc. but I'm at the point where even these sub-$500 sets are going to blow mine out of the water in both size and resolution.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:49 pm Yeah I think this Christmas may be when I finally pull the trigger on 4K. They've gone from "affordably priced" to "we're practically giving these away so please just take one."

I'm typically very picky about TVs and do a ton of research, etc. but I'm at the point where even these sub-$500 sets are going to blow mine out of the water in both size and resolution.
Since I am lazy can you report back on your research?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Find me a good deal on an 82" (or larger) while you are at it. The projector in my media room is not in a happy place (it's 9.5 years old so it's not unreasonable) and since giant TV prices are converging with 4k projector prices I am considering just switching to a TV.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Some of those are pretty hard to pass up. I guess I could convert my 40" to my security camera monitor, hmm maybe I'll let the business pay for it too. lol
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Moliere wrote:
YellowKing wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:49 pm Yeah I think this Christmas may be when I finally pull the trigger on 4K. They've gone from "affordably priced" to "we're practically giving these away so please just take one."

I’m in a perpetual TV research mode FWIW. Tell me your budget, size and room characteristics, send me a consulting fee of say, $100, and I will tell you exactly what to buy. :p

(Seriously, what are you looking for?)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

coopasonic wrote:Find me a good deal on an 82" (or larger) while you are at it. The projector in my media room is not in a happy place (it's 9.5 years old so it's not unreasonable) and since giant TV prices are converging with 4k projector prices I am considering just switching to a TV.
TVs 75” up rarely go on sale, or don’t get discounted nearly as much as their smaller brethren.

Production is limited since demand for those larger sizes is relatively low.

Modern conventional wisdom says wait until a month or so before the Super Bowl to buy a TV. That’s when mfrs and resellers have the biggest discounts.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I use rtings.com for my research. I like how they break out performance for a bunch of different modes and you can sort on that. So if you care about gaming performance, you can see that. Or if Sport performance is more important, you can focus there.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Another pro tip - if you miss the always reliable Christmas and Super Bowl sales, the end of March is your next best bet. This is when the new models come out, and you can often get last year's model at a good discount. A buddy of mine who was very big into home theater used to buy all his TVs at the end of March.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:04 am
Moliere wrote:

I’m in a perpetual TV research mode FWIW. Tell me your budget, size and room characteristics, send me a consulting fee of say, $100, and I will tell you exactly what to buy. :p

(Seriously, what are you looking for?)
Looks like Nintendo might be forcing my hand on finally upgrading my TV to something that has an HDMI cable. Picking a size at random, 55" seems plenty large enough. 4k, right? After that I'm not sure what is important. I hear about these fake refresh rates. HD and Ultra HD? Trying to keep the price under $500. The main function will be to watch DVD's, stream Netflix, and play the Wii.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow