PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious »

Watch a feed of Aculite playing a round. I’m pretty sure he isn’t human.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
geezer

Post by geezer »

Played two rounds at lunch...

I'm getting better (wasn't killed by anyone, and managed to escape one sniper), or worse (didn't kill anyone, but got caught outside the play zone once). Not sure which.
geezer

Post by geezer »

I’m falling out of love with this game... too much of “start game, scurry around looking for stuff, move toward the circles by painstakingly crawling/hiding/moving and then getting shot by someone with a scope that I never even saw.”
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I won't disagree, but what I'll say is that the game has multiple stages, learning curves and comfort levels.

You've just butted up against the end of the first learning curve and are about to discover the next one.

If someone were to take all my posts on the game, summarize them and put them back in order, you can actually witness me going through exactly what geezer is doing now.

edit: I wasn't clear. You can witness me going through what geezer is going through, and then past it, onto the next curve and plateau, and again to the next curves and plateau.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Geezer, if you wish, play some duos with me tonight and we can die horrifically together. There might even be some "rogue-like" education involved. :)

I start at 10 pm EDT, and can give you a discord link if you are interested.

Headset and mic are pretty mandatory.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
geezer

Post by geezer »

Freyland wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:23 pm Geezer, if you wish, play some duos with me tonight and we can die horrifically together. There might even be some "rogue-like" education involved. :)

I start at 10 pm EDT, and can give you a discord link if you are interested.

Headset and mic are pretty mandatory.
Appreciate the invite! Unfortunately I'm traveling tomorrow at 5am, so it's an early night for me. Sometime soon though, for sure!
geezer

Post by geezer »

I haven't had much of a chance to play for the last week, but I got three rounds in tonight after dinner.

Round 1 - Saw someone climbing on a ridge across a field and cranked off a few hopeless shots with a 2x scope. While I was missing about 10 shots in a row, someone else zeroed in on my sound and sniped me from a window. Lesson learned - Don't be loud and stationary.

Round 2 - Dropped into a semi-crowded area and scavenged a few buildings. Found lots of accessories (sights/scopes/vest/helmets) but ZERO guns. I did find a frying pan. I heard someone creeping up the stairs and they shot me with a shotgun so I rushed them with the pan, got in one good smack (which seemed to surprise them - they backed off and danced around a bit) then they finished me off. But it was sort of funny :)

Round 3 - My first top 10 finish (got all the way to #5). Stayed quiet and stealthy, consistently made my way toward the center of the circles so I never had to rush. I missed a chance to kill 2 guys because I didn't have a clear shot and wanted to stay quiet, then around 15 players left I had a clear shot after I slow-stalked someone for 30 seconds or so. Finally got a kill! Once we got down to a tiny circle someone worked behind me and got me crawling across an open area, but on the whole, a good round.
Last edited by geezer on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Congrats on the top 5 finish!

I still watch Jacky's videos and his most recent one seemed to be a custom game filled with lots of high ranking players. You can see just how nervous he is, how he's rushing his shots, missing a LOT, just sweating and stressed in general. He won, but man he was not his usual calm and collected self. It was actually good to watch and know that even some of the better players can suffer while playing, as long as everyone else is highly skilled too.

Interestingly, when everyone can make their shots, the game becomes a lot more tactical again and you can see a little of that in Jacky's video. I never made it past struggling to hit people, and all the tactics in the world won't help if you can't hit your target but they can easily hit you. By the end I could usually hit people but not kill them, and then I'd die. That was frustrating, but better than never getting a shot off during 20 minutes of play, then dying. I'm much more interested in tactics but it never mattered because even when I got the jump on someone I would mostly lose the fight.

I liken it to loving the fast moving game of basketball, but never learning how to put the ball in the hoop. None of the rest of it matters if you can't shoot. And I just couldn't shoot. Don't get me wrong, I was no pro at the rest of the game either, but not being able to hit what I'm aiming at was a fundamental, fatal weakness.

I encourage people to seek out Jacky's latest video. Towards the end he is just pouring smoke everywhere, trying to reduce the angles of attack to him, and generally stressing and rushing his shots. Not his normal relaxed, easy play. Watching him being challenged was way more interesting than watching him sail through a regular pickup game.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Geezer, the offer still stands, btw.

Last night Cort and I apparently created a "Honey Pot". We were on Erangel, and traveled to a few clusters of buildings in the Western center of the map. While we were looting the last one, a vehicle circled us and then drove in. We eliminated them effectively, but just as we finished looting them, another vehicle drove up, with his partner coming in immediately behind him. Rinse, repeat. Before we even finished looting them, *another* vehicle drove in! Rinse, repeat. Following that, 4 more vehicles drove by us but none close enough to allow us more than potshots. Finally, gunfire to the North caused us to shift priorities. Unfortunately for us, while we were focused on approaching squads, one guy snuck close enough to ambush Cort and I wasn't able to close the deal before he took me out.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I watch Jacky's videos and I'm like "that's awesome" until I realize that *my* perspective is not *jacky's* perspective. *My* perspective is the guy at the end of his barrel, getting spotted and shot in the head before I'm even aware that I've been spotted, let alone had enough time to react.

Watching some of the better players, there really is no difference between playing against someone good, or playing against someone hacking (depends on the hack of course). I have definitely been killed and thought the guy was hacking, even though I died slower than I've witnessed Jacky kill people.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I've been playing in Choco Taco's league and let me tell you the skill level is INSANE. They all are like Wacky Jacky pulling off shots to the head at speeds I can't even understand. Not sure how many months I'll sub to it, but it's good way to meet other players as it's a duo league. Everyone I teamed up with 6-7 different people we nice to play with.

I'm taking a break until they fix whatever mess they made in the last patch. People are screaming left and right about issues since Tuesday. Great move, not like anything big is coming out in about a week. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

geezer

Post by geezer »

Frey - thanks for the ongoing invite - hopefully one of the days soon I can join in, but I'm currently headset- and mic-less. I'll be sure to ping y'all when I fix that.

Also, I dunno if it's the patch or whatnot, but I tried to grab a quick round at lunch today and found that I'd been banned for a day for "unusual gameplay patterns??" I haven't even played for a couple of days, and anyone that takes even a casual look at my play would know I suck egregiously, so I'm at a loss as to how anyone could think I was cheating. :?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Frey/Cort:

I got out of there just in time. Nausea continued to creep up on me after I quit. I felt quite ill before I started to feel better (just starting now). If I had pushed it I would have regretted it. Anyway, hopefully my eyes/mind are starting to adjust.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

geezer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm Also, I dunno if it's the patch or whatnot, but I tried to grab a quick round at lunch today and found that I'd been banned for a day for "unusual gameplay patterns??"
Clearly, it's because you actually got a kill.

I kid, I kid! I don't have anything else to add, because any useful information about cheating stuff in any patch for this game is drowned out by the cries of actual cheaters getting banned. Hope it gets cleared up soon.

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:32 am Frey/Cort:

I got out of there just in time. Nausea continued to creep up on me after I quit. I felt quite ill before I started to feel better (just starting now). If I had pushed it I would have regretted it. Anyway, hopefully my eyes/mind are starting to adjust.
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. It seems strange that you have played so many FPS games (including many hours with this one) for this to start happening now, makes me wonder if something is changed/different in some setting. I know I mentioned changing FOV to maybe ease into this. Are your Frames-per-second significantly better since the patch? I know that everyone wants super-high fps but sometimes running above 60 can be troublesome for some people. I don't recall the refresh on your monitor but might be worth a trial of "frame-rate limiting" in game.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

geezer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm Frey - thanks for the ongoing invite - hopefully one of the days soon I can join in, but I'm currently headset- and mic-less. I'll be sure to ping y'all when I fix that.

Also, I dunno if it's the patch or whatnot, but I tried to grab a quick round at lunch today and found that I'd been banned for a day for "unusual gameplay patterns??" I haven't even played for a couple of days, and anyone that takes even a casual look at my play would know I suck egregiously, so I'm at a loss as to how anyone could think I was cheating. :?
My understanding is that those bans are generally for teamkilling and getting reported.
geezer

Post by geezer »

Cortilian wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:29 pm
geezer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm Frey - thanks for the ongoing invite - hopefully one of the days soon I can join in, but I'm currently headset- and mic-less. I'll be sure to ping y'all when I fix that.

My understanding is that those bans are generally for teamkilling and getting reported.
Which is weird since I've never played on a team. Dunno. :-|
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Gonna jump on and screw around in the training area in a few minutes.

Edit: Ok, very fun and very needed. Trying to hit even stationary head targets at 500m with a 4x kar98 is beyond my abilities without serious pauses between shots.

Fun.

edit: Ok, after another full session I'm amazed that I ever hit anything in game, and have renewed respect for anyone who can hit a running target at 200m.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
geezer

Post by geezer »

Freyland wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:59 am
geezer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm Also, I dunno if it's the patch or whatnot, but I tried to grab a quick round at lunch today and found that I'd been banned for a day for "unusual gameplay patterns??"
Clearly, it's because you actually got a kill.

I kid, I kid! I don't have anything else to add, because any useful information about cheating stuff in any patch for this game is drowned out by the cries of actual cheaters getting banned. Hope it gets cleared up soon.
:oops: I mean, you're probably right. That be fair though it was TWO kills AND a top ten. Definitely an unusual pattern though :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:59 am Ugh. Sorry to hear that. It seems strange that you have played so many FPS games (including many hours with this one) for this to start happening now, makes me wonder if something is changed/different in some setting. I know I mentioned changing FOV to maybe ease into this. Are your Frames-per-second significantly better since the patch? I know that everyone wants super-high fps but sometimes running above 60 can be troublesome for some people. I don't recall the refresh on your monitor but might be worth a trial of "frame-rate limiting" in game.
I'm just starting to feel it after 2 training sessions. It's just starting.

My FoV is 95. I would have guessed 100 but it looks like I switched it at some point.

FPS are about 25% higher, somewhere in the 70-75 range.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

FOV of 90 is what I distantly recall was "best" (YMMV) for FPS nausea.

75 fps really doesn't seem to me like it should be a big deal, but I'll still suggest frame-limiting to 60 just based on things I read over in the past (for PUBG, actually--> during my quest for best graphics settings to improve framerates).

Oh! Motion blur also a big contributor to FPS nausea, but that seems like something you would have had either consistently "on" or "off" for all your months of playing this game. Thought I would mention it anyways.

Hope it settles down for you.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Played a solo game, aggressive when I encountered someone, but otherwise normal trying to stay off everyone's radar.

heard a guy looting in my building compound but couldn't find him. Cleared building by building. Couldn't find him. I doubled back to see if I had missed him and spotted him first coming out of a doorway, facing 90 degrees away from me.

I pegged him with my kar98 at about 50m as he ducked into one of those 1 room buildings and slammed the door. I proceeded to blow the door off the hinges with a full auto 416. He poked his head out and fired some suppressing rounds but never came close. I scared him back in with more auto fire as I approached. Eventually I was close enough to see through the holes in the door I made, as he tried to scoot out a window. I shot him in the back full auto, letting the gun recoil up until one of the bullets hit him in the head.

The whole thing was extremely confident based on my training sessions. He must have healed in between the kar98 and the 416 as I did more than 100 damage to him. For the record I was pushing him once I hit him with the kar but couldn't reach him before he healed.

Died to a guy waiting at the blue zone border. We saw each other and both circled clockwise, ended up switching places. I stayed with my kar too long and he charged at short range (30ish meters). I hit him for 25 pts with the kar during the charge but then he just qbz'd me down. Very smart play on his part (assuming I don't get a head shot), since he knew I was using a bolt action. I had a split second to decide on switching to my full auto 416 or not, and made the wrong decision.

edit: Watched the replay. First kill was a completely different guy. The guy I heard had left the compound, new guy came in. Guy who killed me did *not* see me somehow when we first had contact. I forgot to mention that I threw a grenade at the tree I thought he had ducked beside. I threw it underhanded, and even though it was only about 15m, and I threw it high, it exploded well short (I think it might have rolled back down towards me). The explosion alerted him to my presence. I don't feel too bad since any other day he would have spotted me earlier. He was looking right at me when I spotted him.

Just goes to show that even when you think you know exactly what's going on, you probably don't.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Made a headshot (after hitting the body) at about 106m with a holo-equipped mini14 last night with Frey, that I'm quite proud of. Unlike my usual attempts to just hit the body, I took aim at his head and fired, and lo and behold, down he goes. Dude was running full tilt away from me at a slight angle. I think it was my 3rd shot. 1st was a body shot, 2nd missed, 3rd was the head killshot.

Today I played a single solo game (with good ping!) and I'm on a ridge looking down at a dude approx. 75m away, moving around a muscle car. He goes into a crap shack and comes out, gets in the back seat, gets out, gets in the front seat, drives off. I must have fired 20+ shots at him with a red dot-equipped mini14 and never hit him once. I have no idea what happened, but not one of my shots landed. He never turned and fired back, I had all the time in the world. Admittedly I went for quantity instead of quality, but never hitting once? Terrible. Especially since I had just come from a training session where I worked on my QBZ and QBU skills. At 75m, almost all rifle based guns are the same. Point at what you want to hit, then pull the trigger. No drop to compensate for. While he was moving somewhat erratically, it certainly wasn't bad enough to warrant 20 misses.

He drove over a hill but was having trouble with the terrain I assume, because I could hear him driving and driving and driving without moving away, so I ran to the top of the next hill and took a few more pot shots. No luck, but it was far enough away and driving erratically that I never held much hope of hitting him.

Later, through no effort of my own, I came across him in a small building compound just inside the circle. I hit him a few times at close range with a full auto akm (as usual, I failed to finish him) when he took cover.

We engaged with a building between us and I must have caught him in his inventory or healing or something, because I spotted him a split second after I'm sure he could see me and he never fired. Range was <10m. He had lvl 3 armor.

Also Frey, I watched a death video (made from actual gameplay, as opposed to replay) where we knocked the one dude then trapped his partner in a 1 room shack, where you threw the grenade. Knocked dude just made it around the wall to avoid death.

I come around the corner after he had knocked you and open up with my vector as he turns towards me (with his beryl, I think) I get a good 2 or 3 shots on him before he fires, but they hit him in the shoulder/throat area. Seriously, I'm pretty sure 2 hit him in the throat, at least visually. I was in the middle of moving the crosshair to his head (he had no helmet!), when he fired 2 shots into my lvl 1 helmet.

That was frustrating, although it was also pretty cool, because I can count on 1 hand how many times I'm in middle of full auto with a vector at close range, having fired first, and lost. Watching him come out and shoot at you Frey (you were stuck in switching from grenades to rifle animation), he wasn't particularly skilled, so as far as I'm concerned, he got extremely lucky. It happens. Oh well. We had totally pwned those guys in every way possible, except the most important way.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

When I do a training session, I spend about 50% of my time firing single fire between 50-200m with a red dot on a assault rifle, and 50% of my time firing between 200-400m with a 4x and 6x scope on one of the lesser sniper rifles/DMRs. I also spend another 50% of my time controlling recoil with a full auto assault rifle. The last 50% of the time I spend doing random stuff. Shooting at anyone moving, running around, shooting at multiple targets (body and head) in rapid (for me) succession, shooting at extreme range (600+m). Things like that.

I can safely say that 100m is farther away than I have ever thought, and 600m might as well be on the moon. Sure I can hit head targets at 800m with a QBU, but it takes several shots to do it, and the target isn't moving.

Training is definitely helping me <100m range, and it is giving me a little boost in confidence at 100-200m, and I'm starting to improve 300-400m with a 4x on anything. That's pretty much my limit. Anything past 400m no matter the scope/gun is going to be a hail mary, unless the target is completely stationary.

The training field is a much, much needed change for me. I've fired more rounds in a single training session than I normally would in over a week's worth of play, and it is definitely helping. I'm no sharpshooter by any stretch (witness my 20+ whiffs at 75m), but I'm getting better. Since my shooting was my biggest and worst weakness in the game, this is a big deal to me.

All these training sessions have started to aggravate my repetitive stress pain in my wrist, so I'll have to limit my time if I want to actually be able to play the game.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Nausea has died down to a trickle. Now it just manifests as a slight headache and elevated body temperature. At this rate is should be completely gone within the week.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Goo, was I in a firefight when you headshot that guy? Because that would definitely been a high-five moment, but I don't recall it. :oops:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 pm Goo, was I in a firefight when you headshot that guy? Because that would definitely been a high-five moment, but I don't recall it. :oops:
Yeah, it was when we came around the side of the prison entrance and saw the dude with the jeep, and then his buddy leaving the prison to join him. I didn't say anything, not sure why. Probably because jeep guy was out of his jeep and still a threat.

Don't even have a second thought about it Frey. We were busy and I didn't say anything.

I probably wouldn't have mentioned it here either except that it contrasted nicely with my 20+ misses with the same gun and better sight at a shorter distance.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Frey, here's the guy's stats that headshot both of us back to back. Double diamond rating in 4 man squad, silver in solo. That's...odd. His stats are all over the place.

https://dak.gg/profile/Kanklemonstar/2018-09/na

Found some videos he published. I don't think he's cheating, although his recoil control is top notch.

I wish I could shoot like that. Actually, I could probably have made at least one of those shots, but it would have taken me 2 seconds longer and I probably would have missed one of them. He had a 6x on his m24. We were pretty big on his screen. He was just standing still too, but we were focused on the guys by the sedan scurrying around.

As I asked in game, if these guys aren't cheaters, why are we being matched with them? They are clearly significantly better shots, and double diamond squad. We're silver, for comparison.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:18 am...although his recoil control is top notch.
Waaaaay back in the day, when Counter Strike was the new hotness, I remember watching a friend of a friend playing and he had insane recoil control. The way he moved the mouse and kept his spread in a center mass, you'd think he knew exactly where each bullet was projected to land and was compensating for it. His hands never stopped moving on that mouse, constantly doing tiny swirling motions and moving the reticle.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah, lots of people (lots is still a small percentage of millions of players) have insane recoil control without cheating. Based on his videos, this guy included.

In this particular instance, the guy fired exactly 2 shots, back to back, into the heads of Frey and myself. He did this without searching for us first, and without pause between shots. Frey was pretty exposed but I was farther back and leaning from behind a tree with a flash hider on my SKS. From the shooter's perspective there were at least half a dozen if not more rocks and trees I could have been at, but his crosshair lined up with my tree before he even looked down sight. He did this despite Frey firing many shots (lots of noise, attracting attention) while I had only fired 2, and those at someone a good 25-30m away from the shooter.

It's certainly not impossible to do any of the things he did, but it is pretty amazing. It wasn't just the accuracy of the 2 shots, it was also that he knew where to put those shots without hesitation.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Here's the video of it happening. Should be ready in a minute or two.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Keep in mind that replays are not 100% accurate when it comes to camera and cursor location. You can clearly see him pause and aim right before he shoots me, then he dances while looking for Frey, finds him and fires. Totally legit imo. Just...freakin' amazing.

Like I said, why are we being matched against these people?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:41 amwhy are we being matched against these people?
That's what the guy you killed is asking when he watches a replay of you killing him... :D

You might be in a place where you're good enough that they don't want y'all inbreeding with each other and they need to keep mixing you around with better players. Competing against better players forces you to get better, too... but there's a limited number of people at the top of a pyramid.

I remember times in World of Tanks years ago when I could clearly tell I had crossed a boundary in the matching criteria. I went from "I'm awesome!" to "OwOwOw, not in the FACE!" ... same thing in MechWarrior Online, too. Lawd, that one had some bad matching. I haven't played in a long time. Maybe they solved it - but I was basically forced to sit and straddle a 50% win ratio. One round, I'd be grouped up with people who knew what they were doing and worked together as a well oiled machine without even communicating. The next round I'd be in a team with people derping off all alone and dying across the map in clumps of 2 or 3 - while being steamrolled by a team that worked well together. Over and over. It got old fast.
Black Lives Matter

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

"Limited number of people at the top of the pyramid"... that actually makes great sense.

Goo, sorry I had to bail in mid-flight for work. Didn't get home until a little after 0500. Sure I will see you guys tonight.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

From the limited clip I would guess they already kind of knew where you were. That's only above average shooting by him. so certainly not cheating which you agree with so not sure why I'm pointing that out. :lol: On Chocos server the same thing will happen but twice as fast. It's horrifying how good some people can get at these games.

In TPP I would say I'm easily towards the top and can crank out 4-5 kills a match pretty much at will. In FP I just never really got the hang of it. It's driven me the point of madness. :lol: I ALWAYS position myself wrong and such. :tjg: As of right now I don't think I've played since the last patch. It seems like they really dropped the ball with that one and I'm taking a break. With COD coming on Friday that break might be a long one. We'll see though as PUBG just has a certain draw to it that nothing else has reached so far.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:59 am
GreenGoo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:41 amwhy are we being matched against these people?
That's what the guy you killed is asking when he watches a replay of you killing him... :D
For the longest time there was no matchmaking as far as we could tell, even though they talked about it quite a bit. So that's fine, you get the good and bad in a big mishmash and whatever falls out is the way it is.

But they've made a big deal about the current matchmaking system, which is why I question what criteria they are using that would put us in the same game as that guy, assuming his teammates didn't all suck, averaging out the team rating or something.

It's just a fact of life in PUBG. Sometimes you're fine with it, and sometimes the frustration builds up.

But to your statement above, that is probably not true. We die many times a night, and only a few of those are like what you saw here. Many of the fights are very even, and some you can even pinpoint the mistake you made that lost you the fight. It's pretty rare to completely dominate an opponent like this guy does to us.
Octavious wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:07 pm From the limited clip I would guess they already kind of knew where you were. That's only above average shooting by him. so certainly not cheating which you agree with so not sure why I'm pointing that out. :lol: On Chocos server the same thing will happen but twice as fast. It's horrifying how good some people can get at these games.
You can hear me in the actual clip claim that the guy must be cheating, and that's with me having a new attitude about what is possible in PUBG after watching skilled players play. In my defense, my targets were all scurrying around and none had even looked at us yet, let alone aimed and fired, and Frey died with barely a second between my death and his, both with the same gun, same shooter, 1 bullet each.

Obviously when I reviewed the tape I changed my opinion, but that didn't make it feel any less true at the time.

As for knowing where we were, it's clear from the video that he hadn't a clue where we were ahead of time, but we had both fired by the time he killed me. You can hear Frey firing off multiple rounds, while I take only 2 shots with no flash to speak of. Sure sound tells a story once you learn to hear it, but it's still unusual that he targets me first when all the gunfire is coming from the left of me (from his perspective). I can chalk it up to getting lucky and happening to pick the right tree to look at when he first looks through his scope, but it's still fast, it's still unusual given other factors and it's still frustrating.

I'll upload the same events from my perspective so you can see what I saw. You can just barely see his gun flash in the upper left corner of the screen, outside of the scope I was looking through.

Again, he's clearly not cheating, and he never had to worry about taking incoming fire as we were aimed at least 15m to his left (from his perspective) so he had all the time in the world. I've definitely seen quick scoping that was faster than what you see in the video, but only at the upper levels of play. When something like this happens it you feel like old men playing flag football against a college team (Canadian college. So better than average but not best in the world). Of course you're gonna get pwned. The question is, wtf are you playing against first string college players?

As for the top of the pyramid, that is an of course moment, but there are millions of players on xbox alone, which means just by sheer numbers it should be possible to get 100 people of similar skill levels in a game together every time.

I will fully admit that it's probably much harder for upper level diamond players to find a game of like skilled players, and those guys are probably dropped into low diamond and high gold games all the time. But we're silver. There's probably over a million of us in this ranking alone. There should be no reason why we can't be matched up with 24 other teams of similar ranking.

In any case, don't take this lengthy post as significant frustration. It's mostly observation and a little research based on getting pwned so easily after a night of mediocre performance.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pmIt's pretty rare to completely dominate an opponent like this guy does to us.
Where should they put the players at the top? I'm sure the population of people that can play like that without cheating is pretty small. I doubt they all play at the same time. I don't think they'd be excited to play against each other all the time with no shakeup... so there you are, near the top, and in his sights... :D
Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Paingod wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:11 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pmIt's pretty rare to completely dominate an opponent like this guy does to us.
Where should they put the players at the top? I'm sure the population of people that can play like that without cheating is pretty small. I doubt they all play at the same time. I don't think they'd be excited to play against each other all the time with no shakeup... so there you are, near the top, and in his sights... :D
I continued my post and hopefully answered your question. If we were a high gold team then I would expect to see diamonds, even high diamonds. But silver? That's like dropping a shark into a pool of Jack Dempseys.

I'm under no illusion that this guy was a top player. He's just a "really good" shot. His solo stats are no where near what I think they should be, given his shooting skills. Of course maybe *he* is getting matched up with high diamonds, and that's why his stats suck. Tough break. It's still not comparable to the mismatch of silver vs. medium diamond.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:26 pm "Limited number of people at the top of the pyramid"... that actually makes great sense.

Goo, sorry I had to bail in mid-flight for work. Didn't get home until a little after 0500. Sure I will see you guys tonight.
No sweat, obviously. Hope lives were saved and babies were happy.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pm In any case, don't take this lengthy post as significant frustration. It's mostly observation and a little research based on getting pwned so easily after a night of mediocre performance.
Just to touch on the mediocre performance bit. We were having trouble getting past about the mid game last night. We'd usually go down fighting, often having killed at least 1 team before dying ourselves, so to get capped like that at the end of the night was just a cherry on top of a less than satisfying sundae.

I've been using the training area to great effect. Or at least I thought. Last night I was potatoing even for me. I fired 4 bursts (not rounds, bursts) using a QZB on full auto at a guy at less than 20m and failed to kill him. Earlier in the day I had spent 1/2 a training session doing nothing but firing a QZB single shot and full auto, some of which were that exact situation (close range, moving target, full auto). It was bad. I was slightly embarrassed in fact.

So I feel like I'm shooting better than I did back in August or before that, but you wouldn't know it based on last night's performance.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ah I watched it without the sound. :) The one thing that guy did that I always forget about is that he's aiming BEFORE he scopes. I'm always scoping in and searching like an idiot which never seems to work. That probably has something to do with my crappy ass eyes. Not much I can do about that. Thanks parents! :lol:

Couldn't figure out what match it was, but just a quick glance rank wise at least for the duos it doesn't seem too insane for most of the matches I checked. The match making is really kind of a mess though.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/GreenGoo16