[PS} Borderlands 2- VR

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

stessier

[PS} Borderlands 2- VR

Post by stessier »

Man, I wish I had all the necessary gear to play this. I love Borderlands 2.
Fan-favorite FPS franchise Borderlands is getting the full-scale VR treatment with today's announcement of Borderlands 2 VR, launching on Playstation VR December 14.
Unlike limited VR-focused spin-offs such as Doom VFR and Serious Sam VR, this $50 revamp aims to bring the entire 2012 shooter to virtual reality, a la Bethesda's release of Skyrim VR last year. That includes all four original character classes, the full world of Pandora, and the Borderlands-standard "87 bazillion guns." But this version of the game will be a strictly single-player experience, and some character abilities have been modified to account for the lack of co-operative play.
The biggest change to the Borderlands gameplay formula in VR seems to be "Bad Ass Mega Fun Time" (aka BAMF Time), a time-limited take on Matrix-style bullet time that the developers say will "give you the speed and reflexes of a rabid skag, allowing you to dodge bullets, pull off 360 no-scope headshots, and even use your Action Skill to fight off hordes of bandits, bullymongs, and whatever else Pandora might throw at you." Skill trees will include BAMF-specific modifications and improvements as well.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jag

Re: [PS} Borderlands 2- VR

Post by Jag »

I have the gear, but $50 is steep for a game I've already played several times. Plus concerns about getting dizzy in FPS VR. It's really cool tech, but still has some maturing before it's ready for prime time.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, same thoughts here. I got the PS4 VR gear after a Dell rep sent it to me during a sales pitch earlier this year, but I rarely use it. The graphics on PS4 VR games is pretty awful, and I do have issues with the nausea.
Covfefe!
stessier

Post by stessier »

I don't have a ps4, i just assumed a game from 2012 with cell shaded graphics would look at okay. Good to know. Still love the concept of VR in that world. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:34 pm Yeah, same thoughts here. I got the PS4 VR gear after a Dell rep sent it to me during a sales pitch earlier this year, but I rarely use it. The graphics on PS4 VR games is pretty awful, and I do have issues with the nausea.
Are you using a Pro?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

No, but most reviews mention even a pro doesn’t help much. The only reason I hung onto it was for the Star Trek game. Although I did try to play resident evil biohazard in VR and just about had a heart attack a few times. Damn that’s creepy in virtual reality.
Covfefe!
Jag

Post by Jag »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:33 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:34 pm Yeah, same thoughts here. I got the PS4 VR gear after a Dell rep sent it to me during a sales pitch earlier this year, but I rarely use it. The graphics on PS4 VR games is pretty awful, and I do have issues with the nausea.
Are you using a Pro?
Contemplating picking up a Pro since I'm switching to a 4K TV finally. Also heard it doesn't make a big difference for VR.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

If you've had a PS4 for a few years already, seems like a Pro would be a reasonable upgrade.

I'm getting my first PS4, so it'll be a Pro. I'll have to try the VR out at the local game store as I'm concerned about nausea too.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If you do get it, I cannot stress how creepy Resident Evil 7 in VR can be. Play it at night with the lights off and no one around. If you're not whipping that head set off after 10 minutes, you're a braver man than I. :D
Covfefe!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:01 pm If you do get it, I cannot stress how creepy Resident Evil 7 in VR can be. Play it at night with the lights off and no one around. If you're not whipping that head set off after 10 minutes, you're a braver man than I. :D
Definitely. That game sounds like it might be the killer app for PSVR.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm not sure I'd go that far. I think Skyrim might have that title. Myself, the first thing I bought was Star Trek Bridge Crew. But unfortunately I have a dickens of a time with "drifting". After about 15 or 20 minutes, everything seems to shift off center. You can reset the view by pushing a button on the visor, but it never seems to recover fully for me. Also, it's probably only interesting for Star Trek fans like myself. The game can be pretty slow.

RE 7 Gold Edition is on sale right now for 29.99 in the playstation store. Since you can play the game with or without VR, you can grab it during the sale and even if you don't go with the VR gear, you can still play it.

The only other VR game I've played is Doom, which I found to be completely worthless. You move forward in segments, so it's not like you're actually moving somewhere, you're teleporting short distances.
Covfefe!