NBA Post Season 2018-2019

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

NBA Post Season 2018-2019

Post by Jaymann »

It is upon us with the regular season starting tomorrow. This is the first time in years I am excited about the Lakers' season. LA-Bron, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma (looks like Lance Stephenson has been jettisoned) should be enough to make the playoffs, but pose no immediate threat to the Warriors' dynasty. Now if James can just start attracting superstar talent like he has at previous stops, maybe they can make some noise.
Last edited by Jaymann on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Xmann

Re: NBA Regular Season 2018-2019

Post by Xmann »

Nuggets should win 50 games this year. We are loaded with really good young talent that I'm hoping can continue to develop. I'm not a fan of Michael Malone and that's my concern.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm It is upon us with the regular season starting tomorrow. This is the first time in years I am excited about the Lakers' season. LA-Bron, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma (looks like Lance Stephenson has been jettisoned) should be enough to make the playoffs, but pose no immediate threat to the Warriors' dynasty. Now if James can just start attracting superstar talent like he has at previous stops, maybe they can make some noise.
Where are you seeing Lance Stephenson has been jettisoned from the Lakers? Everything I can find says he's still on the team.
Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lance is still on the team, I stand corrected. Previously when I did a roster check he did not show up.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:37 pm Lance is still on the team, I stand corrected. Previously when I did a roster check he did not show up.
Maybe you got confused with him getting jettisoned from the last preseason game? :lol:
Hodor.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

LeBron's Lakers should be good for at least a playoff spot this year. Finally!!!
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Well, that certainly saves some time this winter (and next!) And I was even thinking about checking to see if the Bulls were going to be on TV tonight...
Black Lives Matter
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Nuggets with a good 3-0 start.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Shameful for Ingram to fuck up LeBrons Staple Center debut. I would have suspended him til January if it was me and I’m a Laker fan.
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Lorini wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:49 am Shameful for Ingram to fuck up LeBrons Staple Center debut. I would have suspended him til January if it was me and I’m a Laker fan.
Ironically Lance is the one who drug him away to avoid getting into more trouble.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

0-82 still possible. If that happens, do they earn all of the lottery balls?
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lakers finally find a winning formula: lose Ingram and Rondo, and let Lance and Kuzma go to town.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I love Kuzma, I just like the way he plays. Wonder what will happen when Ingram comes back, I don't think Walton is afraid to lessen his minutes.
Black Lives Matter
geezer

Post by geezer »

The Spurs picked a bad year to lose 3 all-NBA defensive stoppers on the wings/backcourt. Jeebus. :shock:

Also, F Uncle Dennis.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Klay friggin' Thompson!!!
When the first of 14 left Klay Thompson’s right hand, nobody rose.

Not yet, anyway.

Over the next hour and a half, a historic hour and a half, they would do plenty of rising. They would shake their heads in astonishment at an awe-inspiring Golden State Warriors first half. They would erupt throughout the most prolific 26 minutes and 33 seconds of 3-point shooting the league has ever seen...

...Klay kept going, even after smashing heads with teammate Damian Jones “like a couple of idiots” early in the third. With blood trickling down his forehead, he canned Nos. 11 and 12. During the timeout, while trainers worked on the cut, his teammates crowed: “Two more! Two more!” They knew.

Kerr, unaware of the looming record until that point, turned to Steph: Do you have the record? Curry confirmed he did – 13 threes on Nov. 7, 2016, against the New Orleans Pelicans.

But he had no interest in holding it much longer. He, like the rest of his teammates, catered to Klay at every opportunity. They set screens whenever possible. They fed him in transition. Curry passed up a fast-break layup for what could have been Thompson’s 14th, but it rimmed off. Another rainbow for No. 14 went awry soon thereafter, and as nine players raced toward the other end, Thompson crept for a second in the other direction, staring off into the distance, as if in his own fantasyland, unable to process momentary failure.

“I was just so anxious to get the record,” he’d later say.

He hit Nos. 13 and 14 with a bandage and headband stemming the bleeding. Kerr told him he looked like Slick Watts. Thompson, Kerr realized, probably didn’t know who that was.
52 points in under 30 minutes of playing time. Holee-Smoke!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Somehow with their patchwork lineup of youngsters plus retreads (Tyson Chandler was a great pickup) + LeBron the Lakers have overcome an 0-3 start to reach 8-6. They just beat Portland for the second time after losing to them 16 straight(!). Unfortunately Rondo went down with a broken hand, so Ball and others will have to step up.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yo Rip, those are some ugly ass uniforms. :puke-front:
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

I don't know that Dallas is actually going to be all that good this year, even an 8 seed will be difficult for this team to pull off, but at least they're interesting again. I feel like this could be another beginning for this franchise much like the playoff victory against Utah waaaayyyy back in the early days of Dirk's career. They have to make some smart moves after this year but they have the cap space to do it. And Doncic is a lot of fun to watch. Pretty incredible that kid is only 19
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

GungHo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:11 am I don't know that Dallas is actually going to be all that good this year, even an 8 seed will be difficult for this team to pull off, but at least they're interesting again. I feel like this could be another beginning for this franchise much like the playoff victory against Utah waaaayyyy back in the early days of Dirk's career. They have to make some smart moves after this year but they have the cap space to do it. And Doncic is a lot of fun to watch. Pretty incredible that kid is only 19
I like them a lot better when they are losing to the Lakers :lol:
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

What has gotten into the Clippers - leading the Western Conference?!? I can't even name any of their players except Sweet Lou Williams.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I had to do a double take when I saw that Jim Boylen is now the coach of the Bulls. That dude is a clown...couldn't wait to get rid of him at Utah.

Still one of the strangest and funniest coach/media interactions I've ever seen was this one. "Ball didn't go in the hoop" :lol:

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 am Yo Rip, those are some ugly ass uniforms. :puke-front:
Agree.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The Spurs are not the Spurs without Ginobli and Tim Duncan, it's just not the same :(
Black Lives Matter
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Lorini wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:56 pm The Spurs are not the Spurs without Ginobli and Tim Duncan, it's just not the same :(
To be fair, the AARP was gonna deny them admission if they played another season. Gotta get that $5 off on the Early Bird at IHOP!
But I agree. Between them being gone as well as Leonard and Denny Green I don't even know who those guys are anymore.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 pm I had to do a double take when I saw that Jim Boylen is now the coach of the Bulls. That dude is a clown...couldn't wait to get rid of him at Utah.

Still one of the strangest and funniest coach/media interactions I've ever seen was this one. "Ball didn't go in the hoop" :lol:

That didn't take long.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Wow, did not expect that - the Lakers blow out the Warriors on the road, going the last quarter and a half without LeBron. Can't wait for the battle for LA on Friday.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
geezer

Post by geezer »

GungHo wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:20 am
Lorini wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:56 pm The Spurs are not the Spurs without Ginobli and Tim Duncan, it's just not the same :(
To be fair, the AARP was gonna deny them admission if they played another season. Gotta get that $5 off on the Early Bird at IHOP!
But I agree. Between them being gone as well as Leonard and Denny Green I don't even know who those guys are anymore.
Pop’s figuring it out. They’re still a team-first, low drama group that comes to work. Derozen is playing good D and killing it with his passing in addition to his offense, LMA is figuring out his shot, Bryn Forbes has carved out a great role, and Patty Mills still brings the culture. If DeJounte hasn’t gotten hurt this team would be right in the mix, but after losing 3 all-NBA wing defenders and Manu, it’s taking awhile. Still, a Spurs “rebuild” is going better than most teams could ever hope for.
geezer

Post by geezer »

geezer wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:29 am
GungHo wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:20 am
Pop’s figuring it out. They’re still a team-first, low drama group that comes to work. Derozen is playing good D and killing it with his passing in addition to his offense, LMA is figuring out his shot, Bryn Forbes has carved out a great role, and Patty Mills still brings the culture. If DeJounte hasn’t gotten hurt this team would be right in the mix, but after losing 3 all-NBA wing defenders and Manu, it’s taking awhile. Still, a Spurs “rebuild” is going better than most teams could ever hope for.
So as I was saying...

6 players in double figures tonight as SA dismantles TOR, DeMar with a triple double (first ever???) and two steals, (and twice Kawhi's assists) and the team as a whole is top-5 defensively over the last month or so. Popovich is the GOAT. Nice to see Kawhi chatting with Pop and the Spurs bench after the game too. Top notch organization.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Without LeBron, Rondo and Kuzma, the Lakers looks like a bunch of scrubs who may or may not even deserve to be playing in the D League.

It all starts with Lonzo, possibly the most overrated "star" of all time. This is a "point guard" (I use the term loosely) that routinely throws the ball away, misses layups, misses wide-open threes, and shoots free throws at a percentage worse than my mother. People keep saying he plays great defense, yet every other decent point guard seems to blow right past him whenever I watch. Yet he continues to get coddled by the press, the coaches and his teammates. I don't believe it has to do with his dad anymore, I just don't understand it. They should have traded him for pretty much anyone, as he is just dragging the entire team down with him. Ingram I think still has some potential, but comparing him to KD is just a joke at this point.

I was really anticipating that the Lakers could make the playoffs this year, at least the 7th or 8th spot. But the way it's looking now is they just don't have the depth if they don't make a trade for a second All-Star. Anthony Davis please?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

rittchard wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:37 pm D League.
That's G⚡ League, thank you very much.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The Lakers were never expected to make the playoffs without a top tier star so what's going on now with all the injuries should be expected. And groin injuries are tough so who knows where they'll be by the time LeBron gets back.
Black Lives Matter
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Lorini wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:03 pm The Lakers were never expected to make the playoffs without a top tier star so what's going on now with all the injuries should be expected. And groin injuries are tough so who knows where they'll be by the time LeBron gets back.
Yeah I know that in my head but it's so painful to watch lol. The sad thing is even without LeBron, with Rondo and Kuzma, I believe they'd still be a 50% team, especially against some of the teams they played lately.

What I'm curious to know is what deals they passed up (if any of the rumors were true) because they weren't willing to give away Ball or Ingram.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Lorini wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:09 am Ball is getting much better since you criticized him :)

Keep up the good work?
Because he had one good game?
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

noxiousdog wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:54 pm
Lorini wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:09 am Ball is getting much better since you criticized him :)

Keep up the good work?
Because he had one good game?
LOL, he's actually had a couple. If he could play consistently like he did last night, I would shut up and rejoin the fan club. But he's just so inconsistent, and when he plays bad, it's just so bad. My mom thinks he is on drugs (weed), which might explain his performance. My sister thinks it's just the pressure from his dad, plus having a baby at 21. Who knows? I realize this is only his second year, but when people compare someone to Magic and Jason Kidd, it's hard to not expect more disciplined play.

On a side topic, I am loving watching Zubac develop. If they can keep developing 2-man plays with him, he seems solid (and young) enough to give them a real spark.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

5 facts about James Harden's scoring.

1. Harden would still lead the league in scoring even if free throws didn’t count.
2. Harden would still lead the league in scoring even if the 3-point line disappeared.
3. Harden is obliterating precedent by scoring so many unassisted buckets.
4. Harden scored 50-plus points four times in his first 41 games. In the 2010s, there is only one other instance of a player scoring 50 in more than one such game in his first half of the season. It was Harden last season, when he tallied three.
5. Harden has remained as efficient as ever despite amplifying his volume to previously unseen levels.

Even if isolation basketball isn't aesthetically pleasing, , Harden is crazy efficient at scoring and really good at it.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:14 pm 5 facts about James Harden's scoring.

1. Harden would still lead the league in scoring even if free throws didn’t count.
2. Harden would still lead the league in scoring even if the 3-point line disappeared.
3. Harden is obliterating precedent by scoring so many unassisted buckets.
4. Harden scored 50-plus points four times in his first 41 games. In the 2010s, there is only one other instance of a player scoring 50 in more than one such game in his first half of the season. It was Harden last season, when he tallied three.
5. Harden has remained as efficient as ever despite amplifying his volume to previously unseen levels.

Even if isolation basketball isn't aesthetically pleasing, , Harden is crazy efficient at scoring and really good at it.
and yet, they are just .500 in January during the streak.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:14 pm 3. Harden is obliterating precedent by scoring so many unassisted buckets.
This part is the most amazing to me. In his back-to-back 50 point games, none of his baskets were off an assist. While that certainly does indicate he his incredibly good at getting his own shot, it also makes me wonder what his teammates think of clearly not being so involved in the offense.
Black Lives Matter