Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kraken

Re: Drazzil mega thread: I put Lucy to sleep.

Post by Kraken »

You can get real Frontline and Advantage from Canadian websites for half the price of domestic, or about the same as the off-brands. The names are slightly different ("Frontline Combo") to reflect European branding, but it's the real deal.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Kraken wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:37 pm You can get real Frontline and Advantage from Canadian websites for half the price of domestic, or about the same as the off-brands. The names are slightly different ("Frontline Combo") to reflect European branding, but it's the real deal.
Thanks for the heads up.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I am so very sad for my cats this evening. They have all together, and one at a time visited Lucy's carrier looking for her. They know she's gone and are grieving her.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

And so am I. Shock seems to have worn off.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 pm
Kraken wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:37 pm You can get real Frontline and Advantage from Canadian websites for half the price of domestic, or about the same as the off-brands. The names are slightly different ("Frontline Combo") to reflect European branding, but it's the real deal.
Thanks for the heads up.
The tradeoff for low prices is shipping can take 3-4 weeks because borders.
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Fleas! How to deal with.

Post by Drazzil »

Frontline Plus doesen't seem to be doing the job it used to. Anyone know a good flea treatment for my cats?
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

You need to take on an active flea/flea egg removal routine as well - this includes regularly washing bedding and clothing in hot water and vacuuming furniture and carpets on a *daily* basis.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:47 pm You need to take on an active flea/flea egg removal routine as well - this includes regularly washing bedding and clothing in hot water and vacuuming furniture and carpets on a *daily* basis.
Yeah... :|
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

SEE: Prior discussion here.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

You should get 3 more cats. Then the fleas will be more spread out and less noticeable.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:47 pm You need to take on an active flea/flea egg removal routine as well - this includes regularly washing bedding and clothing in hot water and vacuuming furniture and carpets on a *daily* basis.
Yeah... :|
I don't know if you're saying this is a problem, but it's essential. We brought home a new kitten that was laden with fleas but didn't notice it until the day after - and then spent the next couple of weeks religiously cleaning carpets and furniture every day, along with spreading anti-flea powder on the floors. It worked, and we eradicated the infestation.

If you can't take care of fleas, we look forward to a rash of new posts about mysterious itching you get. :D
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Paingod wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:39 am If you can't take care of fleas, we look forward to a rash of new posts about mysterious itching you get. :D
*Groan*

OK, time to flee this thread before Drazzil posts about getting fleeced by the person that sold him the ineffective medication. ;)

- Ash
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Paingod wrote:We brought home a new kitten that was laden with fleas but didn't notice it until the day after - and then spent the next couple of weeks religiously cleaning carpets and furniture every day, along with spreading anti-flea powder on the floors. It worked, and we eradicated the infestation.
My wife fosters kittens for a local shelter and occasionally a batch shows up with fleas. At that age the kittens can’t be given any sort of topical flea medication. However, it’s never taken much effort to deal with these little street urchin kittens. Flea comb and packing tape (to trap the fleas that come up with the flea comb).

I’m surprised that one day of not noticing would lead to an infestation, although I would guess that people’s tolerance for fleas differs. We’ve never had fleas breech the perimeter of the foster room.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

RunningMn9 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 amI’m surprised that one day of not noticing would lead to an infestation, although I would guess that people’s tolerance for fleas differs. We’ve never had fleas breech the perimeter of the foster room.
Honestly, "infestation" might have been strong language. We had dogs and cats and decided "Nuke it from Orbit" was a better option than "Let's see if we can gently remove them" ... :wink: ... we didn't see them on any other animals, but we took no chances.
Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

RunningMn9 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 am
Paingod wrote:We brought home a new kitten that was laden with fleas but didn't notice it until the day after - and then spent the next couple of weeks religiously cleaning carpets and furniture every day, along with spreading anti-flea powder on the floors. It worked, and we eradicated the infestation.
My wife fosters kittens for a local shelter and occasionally a batch shows up with fleas. At that age the kittens can’t be given any sort of topical flea medication. However, it’s never taken much effort to deal with these little street urchin kittens. Flea comb and packing tape (to trap the fleas that come up with the flea comb).

I’m surprised that one day of not noticing would lead to an infestation, although I would guess that people’s tolerance for fleas differs. We’ve never had fleas breech the perimeter of the foster room.
In the way back machine, I had a ferret that had free run of the house. Occasionally she'd get outside and inevitably come back with fleas. Rather than expose her to the chemicals in flea bath, my mom used to go over her with a pair of tweezers. Of course, there isn't nearly as much surface area on a ferret as there is a cat but there is more surface area than there is, even a on a large kitten. *shrug*. It's not as time consuming and effort intensive as you'd think for something that small if they are docile enough to sit still for you.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:16 am
RunningMn9 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 am

In the way back machine, I had a ferret that had free run of the house. Occasionally she'd get outside and inevitably come back with fleas. Rather than expose her to the chemicals in flea bath, my mom used to go over her with a pair of tweezers. Of course, there isn't nearly as much surface area on a ferret as there is a cat but there is more surface area than there is, even a on a large kitten. *shrug*. It's not as time consuming and effort intensive as you'd think for something that small if they are docile enough to sit still for you.
I'm going to try and get them all at least a single treatment of comfortis as the kittens dont like to sit. still for ANY length of time.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Start a flea circus, baby!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://i.imgur.com/6niKt6M.mp4

Then theres this...

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:26 pmhttps://i.imgur.com/6niKt6M.mp4
Eventually these cats are going to figure out that the flesh-toned scratching post in the shower with them has enough traction that they can stay out of the water as long as they grip real tight with their claws.
Black Lives Matter

Drazzil

Re: Drazzil mega thread: One month sober last monday.

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur

Re: Drazzil mega thread: One month sober yesterday.

Post by Isgrimnur »

Congrats. Keep it going.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:26 pm
If you bring that into a bar by me, you get free drinks!!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Drazzil wrote:
That's awesome
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The triangle represents the invisibility cloak, the circle depicts the resurrection stone and the straight line down represents the elder wand.
:pop:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I have an uncle that's been sober for 40+ years at this point and he always says sobriety is a journey, not a destination. Keep it up.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I thought well done is better then well said. I *am* listening and changing things, thanks for your patience guys (and gals). Thanks for all you guys have done. Without you guys to bounce off and suggest things, I'd have been a lot harder for me to get even this far.

Thanks again.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:15 pm The triangle represents the invisibility cloak, the circle depicts the resurrection stone and the straight line down represents the elder wand.
:pop:
Geek.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I can't pretend to know what it's like but I do know what it's like to quit smoking and it's been rough. Two years later and I still want a smoke every day. So I at least have some vague far away reference point to say I feel for you. I'm glad for you. And keep it up. Take some pride in knowing what your struggle is that others may find difficult to understand and still sticking with it when your not sure what the dividends are.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I don't know how or why but the Walgreens nearest to my house just gave me nine coupons for 1.99 off an item worth 1.99 or more. By sheer coincidence the gummi bears I like were on sale for 1.99. So with the help of a cooperative checker, I just got 9 free bags of gummi bears. Huzzah!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You should have them battle each other
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 pm I can't pretend to know what it's like but I do know what it's like to quit smoking and it's been rough. Two years later and I still want a smoke every day. So I at least have some vague far away reference point to say I feel for you. I'm glad for you. And keep it up. Take some pride in knowing what your struggle is that others may find difficult to understand and still sticking with it when your not sure what the dividends are.
Seems its a personal thing so different for everyone. I quit in 92.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 pm
LordMortis wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 pm I can't pretend to know what it's like but I do know what it's like to quit smoking and it's been rough. Two years later and I still want a smoke every day. So I at least have some vague far away reference point to say I feel for you. I'm glad for you. And keep it up. Take some pride in knowing what your struggle is that others may find difficult to understand and still sticking with it when your not sure what the dividends are.
Seems its a personal thing so different for everyone. I quit in 92.
I think after these bunch of cigars, I'm going to take a run at quitting cigars too. See how it takes.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm I think after these bunch of cigars, I'm going to take a run at quitting cigars too. See how it takes.
Again, I have no frame of reference who you are but for me, while sweeping life changes feel great, they are very easy to lapse off of and spiral back in to where I was. If I were a heavy a drinker, I don't think there would have been any hope for stopping smoking and stopping drinking at the same time. As it goes, I'd say video gaming has become an unhealthy time sink in my life since quitting smoking... And one day, I'm going to have to deal with this surrogate for smoking, which will then probably see me eating or drinking. I've been searching for that positive compulsion that sticks and I've yet to find it. I wish it were exercise like normal people have. That's the relief compulsion I literally need in my life and I just make it stick.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:44 am
Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm I think after these bunch of cigars, I'm going to take a run at quitting cigars too. See how it takes.
Again, I have no frame of reference who you are but for me, while sweeping life changes feel great, they are very easy to lapse off of and spiral back in to where I was. If I were a heavy a drinker, I don't think there would have been any hope for stopping smoking and stopping drinking at the same time. As it goes, I'd say video gaming has become an unhealthy time sink in my life since quitting smoking... And one day, I'm going to have to deal with this surrogate for smoking, which will then probably see me eating or drinking. I've been searching for that positive compulsion that sticks and I've yet to find it. I wish it were exercise like normal people have. That's the relief compulsion I literally need in my life and I just make it stick.
This part.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Reaching one month is the greatest achievement you've shown in this thread - greater than the job hunt, the cat issue, etc. Your sobriety is the foundation toeverything else; keep that in mind (but don't use it as an excuse to skip a job interview or similar).

Keep on keeping on, Draz...
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
geezer

Post by geezer »

Good job on one month! Keep it up. :clap:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

So, uh, about that job search...
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Moliere wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:32 pm So, uh, about that job search...
Yeah... about that... :oops:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

November 1: Personal Branding: Marketing Yourself to the World
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:15 pm Image

November 1: Personal Branding: Marketing Yourself to the World
Wow... This is just what I need. Thanks Isg. 8-)

I think this will help me with searching for work for sure.