Red Dead Redemption 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

pr0ner

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:31 pm
pr0ner wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:39 pm I wonder if I'll need to play RDR1 in order to enjoy RDR2.
I'm reading the words you've typed, but I don't understand them. Did it just slip through your radar? With 8 months to go, get a copy and have at it. It was my game of the year in 2010!
I don't always play open world games because I have a tendency to get distracted by side quests, then bored, then quit playing them all together.

The fact that I played through GTAV twice is a minor miracle, but I found everything about that game to be outstanding.
Hodor.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

GTA V is the only GTA game I've ever finished - so I can at at least relate to getting bored, distracted or overwhelmed. I treated GTA V like it was my job and managed to finally finish it years after it came out.

I think the reason I loved Red Dead Redemption was the setting and the story. Yes, you can get overwhelmed with stuff to do and I suppose you could get bored if you don't stick to the story. However I liked the characters and plot so much, I felt driven to move forward. But either way, open world western? Yes please.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

RDR was the second game for my PS3 that I bought. It was also my first Rockstar game since the original top-down GTA games, so it was my first introduction to their brand of modern gameplay, and then I went and retroactively played San Andreas, GTA4 and V. The thing that had hooked me about RDR was the tone and mood they had set and the appropriately wide expanses. It was the perfect setting for an open-world game, and there just weren't many western games to begin with.

The ending was unsual in the sense that you get to then play as the Son, and the only other game I've encountered where a character switch happens like this is with L.A Noire, and that is also a Rockstar (well, published at least) game.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Enough

Post by Enough »

FYI, while you wait for the new one there is now an upgrade of the original that takes it to 4k!
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Enough wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:46 pm FYI, while you wait for the new one there is now an upgrade of the original that takes it to 4k!
Maybe it's time for me to go back. I never finished RDR. I don't remember why.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:shock:

Yeah, finish that. Also, is it too much to hope that this means a PC port for the original might still happen?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I have no excuse not to buy the first game now.
Hodor.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Enough wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:46 pm FYI, while you wait for the new one there is now an upgrade of the original that takes it to 4k!
Is this upgraded at all if you have just a regular Xbox One?
Enough

Post by Enough »

wonderpug wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:47 pm
I honestly am not 100% certain, but I don't think it does. However, if you have an X on a 1080 screen it will use supersampling to still provide a clearer picture (based on the 4k) then the original.

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Enough wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:37 pm
wonderpug wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:47 pm
I honestly am not 100% certain, but I don't think it does. However, if you have an X on a 1080 screen it will use supersampling to still provide a clearer picture (based on the 4k) then the original.
Funny that an Xbox 360 game is what's making me consider upgrading to an X more than ever.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Not at all. It'll be the only reason I'd buy an XboxOne - to be able to play RDR2.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I played around with this some last night, and man is it an improvement. I can actually see things (like enemies) that I could never see before.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't do miracles here, Marston still walks around like he has a broomstick up his butt. But it's a huge improvement over the original. And very pretty too.

(And I had forgotten everything about how to play the game, so I ended up restarting the game. I think it's about the 4th time that I've restarted it.)
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 pm Not at all. It'll be the only reason I'd buy an XboxOne - to be able to play RDR2.
I think you mean PS4 Pro.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:57 am
Smoove_B wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 pm Not at all. It'll be the only reason I'd buy an XboxOne - to be able to play RDR2.
Shots fired! As an agnostic X owner I am very pleased. Games with gold for free via doing MS Bing Rewards comes with 3 free games a month, MS game sales have been solid and 4k HDR gaming is sure purty.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Enough wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:57 am
Shots fired! As an agnostic X owner I am very pleased. Games with gold for free via doing MS Bing Rewards comes with 3 free games a month, MS game sales have been solid and 4k HDR gaming is sure purty.
XBox One X has the added benefit of playing 4K UHD discs, but that's been beaten to death elsewhere.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

For the record I don't really care. I own both. I was always an xbox guy but have switched teams based on what I felt were more compelling exclusives on the PS4. My historical xbox games are Dead Rising and Forza. I can play the Forza games on my PC and Dead Rising 4 sucked. ANyway, pr0ner's post got me to check the status of 4k projectors again and low and behold they are both available and affordable now! I may just get to play PS4 in 4k after all.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Glad I could help!
Hodor.
wi111

Post by wi111 »

Just finish my first RDR single play through , i must say it is really a well make well polish game, but it just stick too close to GTA formula, some of the characters really should have more story to them , like the old gunslinger, the indian informant ,macfarlane family.

the first act really is the high light, all things in western movie do show up in game. second act if it up to me, i shoot all those dirtbags the first moment they show up and find a way to complete the quest on my own, too bad RDR is not those kind of game. Marston just keep get pull around sure is not as bad ass as he should be.

the strangers stories are fun if they are more branch out will be nice, really love the treasure hunt , they are just the right difficulty not too dull as just another marker on the map.some of the treasure even i get to the right location still not able to find it without some hints that's how treasure hunt should be.

the auto aim i understand why they make it as default setting, but it just make shoot out dull , once i get the hang of the game i just switch to manual aim ,sure make shoot out lot more excite but still not too difficult with deadeye.

Any one love western sure RDR are one of the great, but for myself it is a good but not great as it can be game.

too bad seem very few play MP on PS3 any more , really want to do some Co-op see how it go, now just free roam with dead match.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

New trailer released today.

I really, really hope this comes to PC.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

2 things bugged me on the first game. The ending..I didn't like that barn scene at all and I didn't care for playing the part after that really. And the other thing was how the 2 idiot cops just led John aground and he took it. He was supposed to be a big time outlaw once. He should have killed them LONG before the ending.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Once. Maybe he was getting soft and didn't see it coming?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

About 6 minutes of gameplay. I'd really like for this to come out for PC...

naednek

Post by naednek »

oh man i can't wait. one of my top 5 games was the original. I wish I had the ps4 pro, but my normal ps4 will have to do.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Still not happy that we have to play an outlaw...but it will be a day one buy for me.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Cannot wait for this. The first one is definitely one of my top five games.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
RuperT

Post by RuperT »

I haven’t seen much about multiplayer gameplay (not that I’ve looked much; I’m also already sold day one), but friend me up on PS4 if you’re looking for some gang action. I expect they’ll keep GTA Online as the massive cash cow it is, but if RDR II multi is at least as good as the first I’ll be pleased.
PSN: Rupyrt
Quest: MacDaddy0 - PSN: Rupyrt - Live: MooseFoe
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

This was released today, right? I guess I need to swing by best buy and get my copy...
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hentzau wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:50 pm This was released today, right? I guess I need to swing by best buy and get my copy...
Is it October 26th already?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:52 pm
hentzau wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:50 pm This was released today, right? I guess I need to swing by best buy and get my copy...
Never mind. Man, I would have sworn I read someplace it was out this week...I'm blaming the Sudafed. Carry on.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hentzau wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:08 pm
coopasonic wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:52 pm
Never mind. Man, I would have sworn I read someplace it was out this week...I'm blaming the Sudafed. Carry on.
Don't you dare impugn such a wonderful drug with your personal failings.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

naednek wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:39 am oh man i can't wait. one of my top 5 games was the original. I wish I had the ps4 pro, but my normal ps4 will have to do.
https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/201 ... ion-2-deal
naednek

Post by naednek »

Alefroth wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:45 am
naednek wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:39 am oh man i can't wait. one of my top 5 games was the original. I wish I had the ps4 pro, but my normal ps4 will have to do.
https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/201 ... ion-2-deal
ya i got inpatient and bought a switch...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

This game will be mine! :D It's the next game I'm buying. AC:Odyssey comes out a few weeks later, but there's no way I'll be able to devote any attention to that, so it will have to wait.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Rumpy wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:18 am AC:Odyssey comes out a few weeks later earlier
Fixed. AC: Odyssey comes out this week.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, OK. I could have sworn RDR 2 came first. But either way, two big open-world games coming within a span of two weeks.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I am weak. I just ordered the PS4/RDR2 bundle. So much for skipping this console generation...
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm I am weak. I just ordered the PS4/RDR2 bundle. So much for skipping this console generation...
Me too! I didn't plan on skipping it though, I'm just always late. I like to wait until whatever mid-gen updates there are.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I really want to buy the game but the projector in my media room is dying and I don't want to spend the money to replace it. I'll get it used eventually after I replace that projector.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm I am weak. I just ordered the PS4/RDR2 bundle. So much for skipping this console generation...
Too bad there's nothing special about the console design for that one.
It's almost as if people are the problem.