Holman

Re: Report broken stuff here

Post by Holman »

Thanks!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

TheMix wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:08 pm I think it depends on which style you are using. The names and avatars are on the left in Black.
Also in SE Square Left
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Toe

Post by Toe »

Not sure if anything is "broken" in this regard, but it seems a relatively short amount of time passes before I am automatically logged out of the forums. It happens a lot more frequently since the upgrade, but lately it seems even a shorter amount of time passes before it logs me out. Very frustrating when combined with my hatred of the default forum style with the poster info on the right side.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

That's weird, it hasn't logged me out yet at all.
I have but one advocate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toe wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:01 am Not sure if anything is "broken" in this regard, but it seems a relatively short amount of time passes before I am automatically logged out of the forums. It happens a lot more frequently since the upgrade, but lately it seems even a shorter amount of time passes before it logs me out. Very frustrating when combined with my hatred of the default forum style with the poster info on the right side.
Are you clicking "remember Me" when you log in? Any browser settings that delete cookies on exit?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I'm getting logged out nearly daily at this point. I have cookies enabled, I always check off "remember me", and I still get logged out once a day.

And did we lose the OO logo from the top left forever?
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Chaz wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 am I'm getting logged out nearly daily at this point. I have cookies enabled, I always check off "remember me", and I still get logged out once a day.

And did we lose the OO logo from the top left forever?
Logo is showing here SE Square Left. What theme are you using? Not having any logout issues here either. Are you using the site with https? That might be the problem, it caused logout issues before.
No.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I was running in HTTPS, though I don't remember changing it to that intentionally. I went back to non-secure, so we'll see if that helps.

I was running the prosilver theme, which shows the phpBB logo instead of the octopus. I checked a handful of other themes, and at least that one and ne-blackgreen are doing that, the others I checked show the octopus.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Chaz wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:32 am I was running in HTTPS, though I don't remember changing it to that intentionally. I went back to non-secure, so we'll see if that helps.

I was running the prosilver theme, which shows the phpBB logo instead of the octopus. I checked a handful of other themes, and at least that one and ne-blackgreen are doing that, the others I checked show the octopus.
Thanks, forcing the site to https is on my list of things to do (last time the rewrite rules weren't working right.. I am not an apache guru though, so more reading needed). I'll make a note of the logo issue too, thanks for reporting.
No.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I'm QA, it's what I do. ;)
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Chaz wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:32 am I was running in HTTPS, though I don't remember changing it to that intentionally. I went back to non-secure, so we'll see if that helps.

Themes now show the correct logo (Sizing is a bit of an issue in NE-Green but then I look at the number of people using that theme (Three) and while I love you guys, getting into resizing for three users... Welll..... Not at the top of the list ;)
No.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I've been logged out several times in the last day or two.

I had "remember me" checked every time I logged back in.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Am I the only one not getting email notifications for the past several days? Yes, I've checked my spam folder.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I didn't either
I have but one advocate.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I'll take a look at it today, thanks for reporting.
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 pm Am I the only one not getting email notifications for the past several days? Yes, I've checked my spam folder.
Should be working again, let me know if it isn't.
No.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Guess who has two thumbs and got an email for your reply?

This guy.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Started getting this message 2 or 3 days ago...it shows up on EVERY action.

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.octopusoverlords.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy
This server could not prove that it is www.octopusoverlords.com; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Yeah looks like I need to reissue the ssl cert. will take me a couple days to do it, but don’t sweat it we haven’t been compromised - just a legacy Symantec CA on it currently.
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:30 pm Started getting this message 2 or 3 days ago...it shows up on EVERY action.

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.octopusoverlords.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy
This server could not prove that it is www.octopusoverlords.com; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
Should be fixed, I thought it took a couple days to validate but it was pretty fast. Let me know if it's still happening.
No.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

FishPants wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:58 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:30 pm Started getting this message 2 or 3 days ago...it shows up on EVERY action.

Should be fixed, I thought it took a couple days to validate but it was pretty fast. Let me know if it's still happening.
Fixed! Thanks. Is it not weird that I was the only one affected (surely others would have mentioned this considering how it was a full screen block on every action, that required two mouse clicks to get through).

Using latest version of Chrome, Windows 10, etc. Pretty normal configuration. Actually on the lowest or next to lowest) level of Windows UAC, so probably "locked down" less than most.

Edit: Just realized something - I use the uBlock Origin Chrome extension, I bet that was what was blocking it. But again, lots of Chrome users here, and uBlock isn't exactly some unknown extension. More than 10 million users.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Yeah it's because of the pissing contest between Symantec and Google on certificate authority controls -- I forgot to reissue it, but glad it's sorted now.
No.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Sepiche wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:15 pm Kudos on moving the site over to secure, but just FYI, it looks like the favicon.ico file is still being served up insecure.

Probably just needs the path updated to https:

Code: Select all

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=10&t=94939' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure favicon 'http://www.octopusoverlords.com/favicon.ico'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
I moved to Chrome recently and it says the site is trying to load an unsafe script and the favicon on my bookmark is always blank. If I load the script the icon changes to our beloved Binky :binky: but then after a bit it changes back to the blank page. Is this something that can be fixed?
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Not sure if this is an OO issue or a Tapatalk issue, but since yesterday every time I reply to a thread using Tapatalk, I get automatically subscribed to that thread (meaning I get emails anytime someone posts). This happens even though I click the “Not now” when Tapatalk asks me if I want to subscribe after posting.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Site slow for anyone else today? Almost all day its been slow to respond. Id click a link or topic and it would take 5 - 10 seconds to open it. Just now it never opened them. I let it sit for 5 min then reclicked and nothing. I closed it all and came back in a few min and the site would not even load. Then suddenly next try its all instant and normal.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:14 am Site slow for anyone else today? Almost all day its been slow to respond. Id click a link or topic and it would take 5 - 10 seconds to open it. Just now it never opened them. I let it sit for 5 min then reclicked and nothing. I closed it all and came back in a few min and the site would not even load. Then suddenly next try its all instant and normal.
I was on around 5pm eastern and saw the same thing.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Very slow to respond for me right now.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Very slow for me again this morning.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Extremely slow here as well.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its ok again.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I haven't been able to access the site since before noon. I finally got thru by going thru accessing anonymously.
What can I do?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Oddly it started working again this morning.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its been dragging again for 2 days off and on. More drag than not. Its a hesitate more than a fail.

May be my ISP today. Some other stuff is slow'ish.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:57 pm Its been dragging again for 2 days off and on. More drag than not. Its a hesitate more than a fail.

May be my ISP today. Some other stuff is slow'ish.
It may be because we are in the same general area or both have Charter, but I'm getting it too.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Not nearby, not on Charter, and I have been having the problem since yesterday, too.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Anyone run a traceroute to the server and see a choke point? I'm not noticing any slowdown here.
No.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You used big words. Now I sad.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant run it these days..just an unknown command or batch to my command.com lol

Ran it online and got a high ping hop.... Was the 8th hop out of 10. The last 2 were unreachable.

Hop number: 8
Connected to: be100.bhs-g2-nc5.qc.ca ( 142.44.208.69 )
Roundtrip times: 92.49 ms
18.4 ms
18.408 ms

Heres with 10 hops tested.

Hop number: 1
Connected to: assc-ultrafw-vlan2598.dc10.neustar.com ( 10.176.98.1 )
Roundtrip times: 2.523 ms
2.5 ms
2.489 ms
Hop number: 2
Connected to: ashlfnsw02-vlan102.dc10.neustar.com ( 10.176.2.3 )
Roundtrip times: 2.797 ms
2.792 ms
2.774 ms
Hop number: 3
Roundtrip times: Timed out.
Hop number: 4
Connected to: ashihnrtr01-vlan502.dc10.neustar.com ( 156.154.196.2 )
Roundtrip times: 7.406 ms
7.422 ms
7.404 ms
Hop number: 5
Connected to: et-0-0-43-3.cr2-was1.ip4.gtt.net ( 173.205.39.229 )
Roundtrip times: 7.358 ms
7.381 ms
7.321 ms
Hop number: 6
Connected to: be3257.ccr22.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com ( 154.54.10.89 )
Roundtrip times: 8.431 ms
3.852 ms
3.839 ms
Hop number: 7
Connected to: be100-152.ash-5-a9.va.us ( 198.27.73.69 )
Roundtrip times: 4.092 ms
4.062 ms
4.1 ms
Connected to: be100.bhs-g2-nc5.qc.ca ( 142.44.208.69 )
Roundtrip times: 92.49 ms
18.4 ms
18.408 ms
Hop number: 9
Hop number: 10

This is to my own ip though and it sucks.

Hop number: 1
Connected to: assc-ultrafw-vlan2598.dc10.neustar.com ( 10.176.98.1 )
Roundtrip times: 2.609 ms
2.588 ms
2.561 ms
Hop number: 2
Connected to: ashlfnsw02-vlan102.dc10.neustar.com ( 10.176.2.3 )
Roundtrip times: 2.871 ms
2.866 ms
2.848 ms
Hop number: 3
Hop number: 4
Hop number: 5
Hop number: 6
Connected to: et-0-0-11.cr10-chi1.ip4.gtt.net ( 213.254.230.174 )
Roundtrip times: 27.098 ms
25.172 ms
25.158 ms
Hop number: 7
Connected to: ip4.gtt.net ( 208.116.217.26 )
Roundtrip times: 21.608 ms
21.769 ms
21.751 ms
Connected to: 66.109.5.224 ( 66.109.5.224 )
Roundtrip times: 36.654 ms
42.255 ms
41.842 ms
Hop number: 9
Connected to: bu-ether5.cdptpabb02w-bar03.tbone.rr.com ( 66.109.1.175 )
Roundtrip times: 36.918 ms
36.761 ms
35.065 ms
Hop number: 10
Connected to: 66.109.6.255 ( 66.109.6.255 )
Roundtrip times: 34.759 ms
34.942 ms
34.987 ms
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

FishPants wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:34 pm Anyone run a traceroute to the server and see a choke point? I'm not noticing any slowdown here.
Haven't noticed any slow downs but

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I found a process that looked like it went a little rogue and was using 2 gigs of resident memory (when it should have been more like 40megs). Killed it and restarted it, seems to have resolved for now but I will keep an eye on it.
No.