Red Dead Redemption 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Isgrimnur »

You sure you didn't actually wander into Tull by mistake?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Well, maybe, but nobody invited me to knock them up and I never once heard Hey Jude coming from the saloon.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

My birthday cake this year:

Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Nice... kid.

Editing to be clear, "kid" because you are younger, not because such a cake is childish. The cake is very cool and way better than I ever get.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

My wife is going camping this weekend, I really have to be careful or I'll spend the whole weekend holed up in my basement playing cowboy.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hentzau wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:23 pm My wife is going camping this weekend, I really have to be careful or I'll spend the whole weekend holed up in my basement playing cowboy.
I am not seeing the problem here. My wife is out of town for 5-6 days next weekend and I plan on spending a LOT of that time with a PS4 controller in my hand. Hell, she is around this weekend and I will do much the same. I'll also change the air filters, do some laundry and make dinner Sunday but otherwise games need to be played.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:33 pm My wife is out of town for 5-6 days next weekend and I plan on spending a LOT of that time with a PS4 controller in my hand. Hell, she is around this weekend and I will do much the same.
I think I get what you're saying but "PS4 controller" is a really weird euphemism.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I'm stuck at my kids school movie night. Wife stayed home because of a delivery. I was hoping she would have gone then I was gonna sneak in some game time

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
naednek

Post by naednek »

I think most of my deaths consists of dying from being flown off my horse. I've gotta learn to slow down :P

I saw some dude on the side of the road doing something with his horse then when he noticed me the horse got startled and punted him about 20 feet into the air and died.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Does anybody know if Legendary Animals respawn?

I tracked down the Legendary White Bison but when I got the killing shot he fell into the lake. By the time I was able to get to where the body was it had sunk too deep into the water to recover.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Brian wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:39 pm I tracked down the Legendary White Bison but when I got the killing shot he fell into the lake. By the time I was able to get to where the body was it had sunk too deep into the water to recover.
That's worse than the dentist who shot the lion in Africa. :doh: :mrgreen:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
RuperT

Post by RuperT »

Brian wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:39 pm Does anybody know if Legendary Animals respawn?

I tracked down the Legendary White Bison but when I got the killing shot he fell into the lake. By the time I was able to get to where the body was it had sunk too deep into the water to recover.
I just read in a hunting guide that one need not worry too much about losing Legendary Skins, as the trapper ends up with them. I’m not sure if the animal wasn’t skinned, but you might check him. I’ve only gotten a couple, but I’m kind of under the impression that certain Legendary Skins are meant to be collected multiple times...?
Quest: MacDaddy0 - PSN: Rupyrt - Live: MooseFoe
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

All I see online says they end up at the trapper even when not skinned. One per it seems.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

RuperT wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:19 am
Brian wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:39 pm Does anybody know if Legendary Animals respawn?

I just read in a hunting guide that one need not worry too much about losing Legendary Skins, as the trapper ends up with them. I’m not sure if the animal wasn’t skinned, but you might check him. I’ve only gotten a couple, but I’m kind of under the impression that certain Legendary Skins are meant to be collected multiple times...?
You can only kill them once and yes the skin will teleport to the trapper if you don't skin them. You just lose out on the money part. I learned this the hard way when I tried to swim across a river carrying one. Some of the recipes use it multiple times, but you don't need to get another skin. That whole thing was super confusing to me at first. I really hate how it's not easy to find the recipes that you can use. I have to click through all the menus until I find something. And remembering what you need to get to a certain thing? Good luck. If I missing something there please let me know.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Nice.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Strat guides are on sale now in a lot of places. Grabbed the hardcover at lunch from Target for 25 bucks. That's way more reasonable then the original 40 bucks. I won't use it to look up missions, but it has a lot of guides on where to hunt animals. That doesn't really feel like cheating to me and will make it a lot less frustrating. So far I've only seen like 3-4 snakes total for example. :doh:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I've yet to see a snake, though I barely just started Chapter 3. Speaking of, I am having a ball with this game, but man is there sooo much to do. I haven't really done any hunting and fishing beyond the quests that drive them. There are also dinosaur bones and rock carvings/paintings/whatever and poker and dominoes. I think I might grab a strat guide too, like Oct says, not for anything mission related, I really just want maps to the collectibles and hunting stuff. I *really* miss the Ubigame compass of everything.

Realistically, none of that side stuff is necessary at all but it is nice to have. I used a YouTube "5 best weapons" video to find a couple awesome free guns that I never, ever would have found on my own. I also got the location of a gold bar that helped me unlock fast travel... holy cow does this game have the slowest damn fast travel I have ever seen. I fast traveled to strawberry in about the time it would take to ride to strawberry.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well looking at the animal guide it's because of the certain areas they are in. I was just flipping through the book and I would say a good half of the book is reference stuff which isn't super spoilerish. For example if you are looking for Badgers is has a map that shows the general area they can be found. That's really neat. I was looking for one animal FOREVER the other day and I realize that there's only a really tiny area that they will be found where I was looking. So no wonder.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Doing your part to move them down the scale, eh?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hey, we *need* our increased carrying capacity for alcohol and tobacco!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:11 pm Image

Doing your part to move them down the scale, eh?
There's actually a mission around this very topic. I played that one last night. :mrgreen:

Cool hunting moment that I forgot to mention. I was sniping coyotes from a cliff. I killed one and it took me A LONG time to get down the cliff over to the body. By the time I got there a f'n bear showed up and started munching on the body. It bolted when it saw me coming. The level of detail in this game is ridiculous.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The world evolves.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I did start to notice some of the construction getting finished in Valentine and the homestead just outside of town. What an incredible game.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

There is a Javiar Home Robbery mission back in camp icon but when I talk to the guy it’s just the normal banter. It’s not like I have plenty to do but I’d hate to miss this mission. Anyone run into this?

Brian

Post by Brian »

Created my Online character today. He looks like Lee Van Cleef with a side of Sam Elliott so I'm rather pleased with the results.

Find me with the handle OO Brian.

Except I'm leaving for Mexico tomorrow so I won't be available until sometime after the 9th of Dec.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Multiplayer should be live tomorrow for everyone.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I named my horse S J Parker. The 13 year old in me keeps popping up :P
morlac

Post by morlac »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:05 am Multiplayer should be live tomorrow for everyone.
I have not read up on multiplayer at all and wasn't interested but now suddenly find myself intrigued. I want to start a gang called "The Horse Punchers". Is this possible?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Polygon
Posses are a way to join forces with other players and stay together. Posses always include a Posse Leader who sets up the Posse, but one kind of Posse is more, well, hardcore than the other.

There are two types:

Temporary Posses are free to set up, have a limit of four players and disappear when the Posse Leader quits. Think of them as a quick and easy way to get your friends together.
Persistent Posses cost you currency to create, max out at seven players, remain after the Posse Leader quits and are available again whenever the Posse Leader is online. Think of them as the kind of thing that serious players will create to customize their Posses, play against other Posses and even battle against each other with Posse Versus.
To create a Posse, press left on the D-pad and select Posse. In the menu that loads, press the Square/X button that corresponds to Form Posse. (The text in the lower right of your screen, not on the menu.) You can use the Player section of the same menu to add Posse Members.

You can also join an existing Posse from the Posse menu, provided that a Posse Leader in your world set the Privacy option to Open when they created theirs.

When you’re in a Posse, everybody who’s in your Posse follows you. If you choose a mission or talk to a Stranger who wants you to do something, your Posse will accompany you. If you just invited someone into your game world (with Invite to Session from the Free Roam > Players menu) but didn’t also set up a Posse, they’ll be left behind.
Brian

Post by Brian »

morlac wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:29 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:05 am Multiplayer should be live tomorrow for everyone.
I have not read up on multiplayer at all and wasn't interested but now suddenly find myself intrigued. I want to start a gang called "The Horse Punchers". Is this possible?
Yes, you can name your posse.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I remember playing the first RDR with you guys.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Brian wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:49 pm Except I'm leaving for Mexico tomorrow so I won't be available until sometime after the 9th of Dec.
Unless some banditos waylay in "real" life. :mrgreen:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 pm Polygon
Ok, this sounds like it could be fun but I suspect frustrating solo. Unless your playing the Showdown mode stuff(which sound awesome enough just on their own). I'll fire it up today. Anyone playing Xbox and interested in MP?
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'll be available for some online play after the 9th of Dec. OO Brian on XBox
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Might or might now want to see who the voices actors are and who they voice. Its nice to see Graham Greene is in it.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

This game owns my gaming life. When I'm not paying I'm thinking about what I could be getting done in this game. At first I was going out in to the massive open world and hunting and searching. Ignoring the main story. Then I realized I was paying the game all wrong. By first excluding these maps without the context of the main story I am missing how the developers want you to see this world. Now I am gun through the main story and letting the story introduce and it is so much better.

I read the main story can take 50 hours. I really want to finish this game but hunting and skinning and the challenges are just so damn fun I can't help being sucked back into them. I'm trying to stay strong. Headed out note to break up a moonshine operation. I wonder how this will go wrong.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Want this more than any other game. I have a friend that is playing a chaos run. he just does any stupid stuff that comes to mind. NPC will say howdy partner and he'll blow their head off. He kidnaps people and lets trains hit them. Just anything that can be done that normally wouldn't be he does it.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I have run down a couple of jerks that started fights with me for no reason. More than one has ended up hogtied on the rails.

FWIW - I generally do a hybrid playing approach and let the plot stories take me to newer regions. For my RP, Arthur occasionally gets pissed off at events that unfold; or he decides to lay low when stuff gets too out of hand. So he disappears up into the mountains to cool off and hunt for a week at a time. But he generally goes back to his old stomping grounds.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I have to say I've had to take the last few chapters of this game slower as the pace has sped up. I get tired of the constant trail of bodies I leave in my wake. The bloodshed leaves me cold. Especially when dutch or Custer get involved in missions. What a pair of psychos those two are.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.