Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via Megamek VIII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via Megamek VIII

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:43 pm Re: Forest Ranger, I *believe* you have to expend MP in a woods hex to become harder to hit. This means either moving into one or turning in place.

Tactical Genius lets you re-roll initiative and pick the best of the two rolls. Kind of pointless in this situation now that I think about it, but very helpful in a game where you don't auto-win initiative.
I assume that turning twice without leaving a hex would still cause me to get the +1 "walking" penalty on my shots for the turn? Moot for this turn since I'm moving anyway, but curious.

I'm also not totally clear on how exactly my experience is making me harder to hit in the woods anyhow. Do I like just stand narrow next to a tree? Did I paint my mech in camouflage?
Black Lives Matter.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Do the two foot squads count towards our kill requirements for battlefield control?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

gbasden wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm Do the two foot squads count towards our kill requirements for battlefield control?
Each individual soldier should count towards our total.
Black Lives Matter.
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

ok same position but fire the PPC at bulldog 2923, LRMs at pegasus scout
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm Do the two foot squads count towards our kill requirements for battlefield control?
Yes, if you eliminate or "cripple" both.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm I assume that turning twice without leaving a hex would still cause me to get the +1 "walking" penalty on my shots for the turn? Moot for this turn since I'm moving anyway, but curious.

I'm also not totally clear on how exactly my experience is making me harder to hit in the woods anyhow. Do I like just stand narrow next to a tree? Did I paint my mech in camouflage?
Correct on the first part.

Being harder to hit is probably a side effect of knowing how to navigate around woods faster. "So if I *don't* try to plow through every tree in there but walk around instead, I can get through it a little faster and with fewer dings on my armor?"
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

The Awesome will move to 2241 and fire 2 PPCs at the AC2 Carrier. The Dervish will stay where it is at and fire one LRM salvo at each of the two foot squads or concentrate on one, depending on what makes the most sense. I can never remember how many units are in a squad and how the damage lays out.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 5:
Freyland almost immediately regrets the decision to stay still, as the Warhammer to the north turns right and fires PPCs in the Quickdraw's direction. Not to mention the other ordnance and energy beams from the Pegasus, Bulldog and Phoenix Hawk to the north. Both PPCs hit, damaging the left torso and right arm. Freyland does manage to disable the Pegasus though, putting four LRMs through a weak spot in the armor exposed earlier, directly into the engine compartment. "I gotta move, they're zeroing in on me!", the mechwarrior grunts, keeping the mech upright.

Stefan heats his mech up quite a bit, keeping it just short of a "swimming" targeting reticle. The lasers whiff, but an LRM salvo hits the Warhammer, taking chunks off the armor.

Isgrimnur and the Centurion exchange fire, Isgrimnur landing a left torso shot with the AC/10 and another hit with a medium laser, while the Centurion is unable to land any hits at all.

Archinerd fires at the infantry in the rocks, killing a few guys, but they're pretty well dug-in in there.

Paingod's mech heats up to the point where the Griffin's targeting overlay goes fuzzy, which causes all the shots to miss.

El Guapo and Madmarcus exchange heavy energy weapons fire with the Warhammer behind the building. El Guapo has a hard time landing a hit, missing both shots, while the enemy mech hits the Banshee's side torso sections, melting large chunks of armor but failing to penetrate.

Gbasden and the AC/2 Carrier miss each other somehow. The AC/2 Carrier due to damaged sensors, Gbasden... must have gotten distracted. The nearby infantry opens fire on him with small arms, but the weapons fire is completely ineffective.

Raw data:
Spoiler:
Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    PPC at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits LT
        Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LT.
            4 Armor remaining.

PPC at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits RA
        Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RA.
            1 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    Large Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3 : possible fire.
        Needs 11 [7 (Large Laser) + 2 (accidental) + 2 (conditions)] to ignite, rolls 4

Weapons fire for Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Sensors) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

SRM 4 at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at AC/2 Carrier (Standard) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

PPC at AC/2 Carrier (Standard) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    AC/10 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

LRM 10 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    AC/2 at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits LA
        Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            9 Armor remaining.

AC/2 at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 4 at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses

SRM 4 at Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    LRM 15 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

LRM 15 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : 9 missile(s) hit.

Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to RA.
            10 Armor remaining.

Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 4 damage to LA.
            16 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 11, rolls 3 : misses

PPC at Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : hits RT
        Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RT.
            20 Armor remaining.

PPC at Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 12 : hits LT
        Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LT.
            20 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/10 at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LT
        Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to LT.
            3 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : hits RT
        Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
            8 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for AC/2 Carrier (Standard) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    AC/2 at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords)
    LRM 10 at Foot Squad (MG) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 3, rolls 6 : 10 missile(s) hits MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 10 to 2
        Foot Squad (MG) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 2 damage to MEN.
            5 men alive

LRM 10 at Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 5 : 10 missile(s) hits MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 10 to 2
        Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 2 damage to MEN.
            5 men alive

SRM 2 at Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Sensors) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Foot Squad (MG) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    Machine Gun (Portable) at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Sensors) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Sensors) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

LRM 10 at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Sensors) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 8 : 4 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Sensors) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 4 damage to LS (critical).
            15 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is (9+1) = 10; Engine destroyed. Immobile.

Medium Laser at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Sensors) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) RR
        Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Sensors) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to RR.
            14 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 11; (w/ +5 bonus)
             Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, 1/2 MP.

Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 11 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 20 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 7 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 16 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 8 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 20 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 #3 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 8 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 21 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Battlefield State:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
The crippled Phoenix Hawk, absolutely weaponless and missing half of its jump jets, runs off to the west. The Goblin trundles off after it. The remaining two tanks to the north head south while the remaining Phoenix Hawk breaks north, coming after Stefan.

It looks like the crew of the unarmed Pegasus switched tanks, getting a Saladin out of the hangar instead, which makes a beeline straight for Gbasden's mech, it's AC/20 glittering menacingly.

Objective update:
Pegasus (Sensors) disabled
11/19 enemy units crippled, disabled or destroyed

Movement modifiers:
Phoenix Hawk: 3
Warhammers, Centurion, AC/2 Carrier: 0
Saladin: 3
Bulldog AC/2: 2
Vedette AC/2: 3
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sorry, Freyland. I’ll try not to get you killed.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Not totally sure what to do with the Banshee esp. regarding the southern Warhammer. He got lucky with the shots last round, so I'm inclined to stay the course, especially since the Banshee is slow as fuck so I can't really get it anywhere without lumbering through Warhammer PPC fire anyway.

So Banshee will stay put and fire both PPCs and the AC/10 at the Warhammer

Re: the Wolverine - if I run to 2532 (requiring a piloting roll), would the building to the left of it block LOS with the Warhammer? If yes, he'll do that, then fire the large laser and SRM6 at the Centurion.
Black Lives Matter.
Stefan Stirzaker

Catapult JJ to 2611 trees, fire one Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk (7 heat, +4 Heat Jump, +3 heat laser, sink 15 = 0 heat, can I afford to fire another laser without too much penalty ?)
Griffin - Sprint to 2813, Melee Phoenix Hawk from behind. Should sink all my residual heat.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I will jump to 3033 and engage the Centurion. QD jump to 3332 and engage the Bulldog at 2929.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 pm Re: the Wolverine - if I run to 2532 (requiring a piloting roll), would the building to the left of it block LOS with the Warhammer? If yes, he'll do that, then fire the large laser and SRM6 at the Centurion.
It wouldn't require a piloting roll - 2733 and 2833 are both just "rough terrain". 2935 is an example of "rubble", requiring a PSR. The building in 2431 does block line of sight to the southern Warhammer from 2532.
Stefan Stirzaker wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:56 am Catapult JJ to 2611 trees, fire one Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk (7 heat, +4 Heat Jump, +3 heat laser, sink 15 = 0 heat, can I afford to fire another laser without too much penalty ?)
Griffin - Sprint to 2813, Melee Phoenix Hawk from behind. Should sink all my residual heat.
You don't start seeing any penalties until +5 heat, so you can fire an extra medium laser with no problem.

The Griffin can't make it anywhere near 2813 even sprinting. Right now, he's actually at 4/6 movement.
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 pm Sorry, Freyland. I’ll try not to get you killed.
I'm a recon heavy. No standy still! :)
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Freyland wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:01 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 pm Sorry, Freyland. I’ll try not to get you killed.
I'm a recon heavy. No standy still! :)
Gotcha!
Stefan Stirzaker

NickAragua wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:40 am
El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 pm Re: the Wolverine - if I run to 2532 (requiring a piloting roll), would the building to the left of it block LOS with the Warhammer? If yes, he'll do that, then fire the large laser and SRM6 at the Centurion.
It wouldn't require a piloting roll - 2733 and 2833 are both just "rough terrain". 2935 is an example of "rubble", requiring a PSR. The building in 2431 does block line of sight to the southern Warhammer from 2532.
Stefan Stirzaker wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:56 am Catapult JJ to 2611 trees, fire one Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk (7 heat, +4 Heat Jump, +3 heat laser, sink 15 = 0 heat, can I afford to fire another laser without too much penalty ?)
You don't start seeing any penalties until +5 heat, so you can fire an extra medium laser with no problem.

The Griffin can't make it anywhere near 2813 even sprinting. Right now, he's actually at 4/6 movement.

Ok Fire extra medium thx.
Griffin to 3516, one LRM pack at Phoenix hawk.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:40 am
Ok, sounds good - then I'll stick to the running and firing at the Centurion plan.
Black Lives Matter.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

The Awesome will back up to 2543 and fire at the Saladin. The Dervish will move to 3141 and fire LRMs at the Saladin.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 6:
Gbasden sees the Saladin coming and backs up, keeping just out of range of its AC/20, then calls in some LRMs from Archinerd as well. Two PPCs hit the tank, melting all armor off the side. He takes a few AC/2 rounds, easily absorbed by the left torso armor. Eight of Archinerd's LRMs hit the front of the hover tank as well, blasting off the remaining armor there, as well as destroying the stabilizer for the AC/20.

El Guapo continues the duel with the Warhammer. One of his PPCs impacts the center torso, frying some external lights and melting a good chunk of armor. The Warhammer returns fire, scoring a single PPC hit to the left torso.

Madmarcus' Wolverine takes an AC/10 burst to the left torso and a peppering of LRMs from the Centurion, but armor holds up. Our Wolverine returns fire, taking the rest of the armor off the right torso with the large laser.

The AC/2 Bulldog bings a light autocannon round off of Isgrimnur's head armor, but he remains conscious, being too busy nearly removing the Centurion's right arm with an autocannon burst.

Stefan jumps east, firing a couple of lasers at the nearby Phoenix Hawk. The weapons track upward, so the first one melts armor off the center torso, while the second one melts most armor off the head. Paingod's LRMs miss, but at least the Griffin is back within normal temperatures.

Freyland has an easy time this round, not getting shot at at all and burning some armor off the Bulldog's turret with a laser shot.

Raw Data:
Spoiler:
Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

PPC at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

PPC at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) CT
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 6.
            12 Armor remaining.

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

AC/10 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

PPC at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits FR
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
            8 Armor remaining.

PPC at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits LS
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to LS.
            0 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 7; (w/ +3 bonus)
             Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.

PPC at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

AC/10 at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LT
        Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LT.
            10 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : 6 missile(s) hit.

Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            15 Armor remaining.

Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes hit at HD, but it is rerolled with edge.

Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) has 0 edge remaining.
        Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RA.
            17 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

AC/2 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 11 : hits HD
        Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to HD.
            4 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) "Sergeant Major An Taalib" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) "Sergeant Major An Taalib" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 7 : successful!

AC/2 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits RA
        Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            9 Armor remaining.

SRM 4 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 4 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits CT
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to CT.
            18 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits HD
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to HD.
            1 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) "Ea Lan" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) "Ea Lan" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 9 : successful!

PPC at Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

PPC at Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits LT
        Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LT.
            10 Armor remaining.

AC/10 at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits RA
        Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 6; no effect.

Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : hits LT
        Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            12 Armor remaining.

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : hits LT
        Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            10 Armor remaining.

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

AC/2 at Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 10 at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

LRM 10 at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : 8 missile(s) hit.

Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to FR (critical).
            3 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 8; Stabilizer destroyed!

Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 3 damage to FR.
            0 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Large Laser at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits RT
        Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 8 damage to RT.
            0 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) TU
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to TU.
            15 Armor remaining.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 23 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 31 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 5 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 20 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 #3 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 20 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 7 heat.
Battlefield state:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
The Saladin aborts its charge and zips off to the west, followed by the weaponless Phoenix Hawk. The southern flank is basically rolled up, with just the lone AC/2 Carrier blasting away rapidly (and about ten infantry guys huddled in some rocks). The AC/2 Vedette and Bulldog move south to reinforce the center, while the remaining active Phoenix Hawk continues running at nearly top speed in the north. The Centurion turns its heavily damaged right side away, but stays in place otherwise.

Objective update:
Saladin crippled (armor breach)
12/19 enemy units crippled, disabled or destroyed.

Movement mods:
Warhammers, Centurion, AC/2 Carrier: 0
Phoenix Hawk, Vedette AC/2: 3
Bulldog AC/2: 1
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Wolverine - jump to 2131. Fire the SRM6 and both medium lasers at the Warhammer, and kick him.

Banshee - stay still, fire one PPC and the AC/10 at the Warhammer.
Black Lives Matter.
Stefan Stirzaker

Griffin sprint to 2917 fire ppc at warhammer
Cata to sprint 2214 and 3x laser and melee phoenix. If he is one short then fire 4x laser no melee
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Awesome will move to 2040 and fire 2 PPCs at the AC2 carrier. The Dervish would like to take out Foot Squad #2. He will either move to 2940 and attack with the Med lasers and SRMs, or stay back up and attack with the LRMs, depending on what would be more effective. I can't for the life of me find the rules on attacking infantry and how effective certain attacks are.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, infantry rules are a bit complicated. Here's a quick breakdown:

Normally:

1. Take your weapon damage, divide by 10.
1a. If the weapon is a missile, divide by 5 instead.
1b. If the weapon is an "anti-personnel" weapon, do some # of d6 damage based on the type of weapon (MGs, flamers, etc)
2. If infantry is "in the open" (no woods, rocks, rubble, etc), multiply by 2.

Round up.

So basically, LRMs and SRMs are a little bit more efficient against infantry, but you really want MGs or flamers.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Which sadly I have none of. Are they considered a number of single men each with 1 HP, do they have a HP block in total, or is there some other way they are calculated? I thought the sheer number of missiles with the LRM 10 would be the most effective with the rounding up, but I'm guessing not?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

An infantry unit is treated as a single entity, with a number of HP equal to the number of dudes (as an aside, killing dudes reduces their attack power). Lacking anti-infantry weapons, your next best bet is a large number of attacks. SRMs are pretty effective, since each individual SRM that hits is calculated separately (so an SRM/6 could kill up to 6 dudes).

~page 215 in Total Warfare, I believe.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

OK, I'll move up and attack with the SRMs and medium lasers.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I will move to 2832 and engage the Bulldog in melee.

Quickdraw run to 3330, facing NW. LRMs at the Centurion, everything else at the Vedette.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 7:
Madmarcus initiates the charge, with most everyone else following suit. The Warhammer tracks him, ceasing its PPC fire for a second and opening up with short range weapons. Madmarcus' left leg throws sparks out as the mech helpfully informs the mechwarrior about a "caution: left foot actuator damaged". The Wolverine stumbles a little but stays upright, then delivers a pair of laser blasts and two SRMs to the Warhammer's left side. A punch from the enemy machine dings the Wolverine's head, but our mechwarrior retains presence of mind and kicks the Warhammer's left leg armor off. A salvo of rockets flies over our mech as well as it lands.

Stefan avoids a PPC from the northern Warhammer, only taking a medium laser hit, while the Phoenix Hawk drills him in the right torso with a large laser. He retaliates against the Phoenix Hawk by hitting it in the left side with lasers, the armor on the left arm coming off entirely, then follows up with a kick from one of the Catapult's chicken legs, removing nearly all armor from the Pixie's left leg. The enemy mechwarrior throws a backhand punch, denting the Catapult's right torso armor.

Gbasden finally takes the AC/2 Carrier out, plowing both PPC shots through the front to turn it into a smoking wreck, its autocannons continuing to spray fire in random directions for a couple of seconds afterwards.

Isgrimnur moves up a little slowly, drawing fire from the Centurion and Bulldog. Alarms inform him that the right arm and leg armor has been breached as autocannon rounds from the Centurion and SRMs from the Bulldog impact the mech. His AC/10 tracks upwards along the Bulldog's right side, snapping off bits of armor and tread, then the left arm laser hits the turret, causing it to throw sparks as the stabilizer shorts out. The incoming fire forces his mech to a knee. Using the downwards momentum for a little extra force, he brings the hatchet down on the Bulldog, the impact breaking more armor off the right side and rattling the crew around.

Freyland targets the Centurion and Vedette, LRMs gouging out large chunks of the left torso internal structure. Lasers carve off bits of the Vedette's treads, slowing it down greatly and rendering the left side armor nearly useless.

Archinerd moves up as well, heating his mech up a bit but using SRMs and medium lasers to good effect against the nearby infantry squad in the rocks. Rather than trying to look for infantrymen as they pop up to fire small arms, he just starts vaporizing rocks. The squad is reduced to one guy with about half of a tripod-mounted machine gun huddling behind an outcrop.

Raw data:
Spoiler:
Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

PPC at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : hits RA
        Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            8 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Large Laser at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits RT
        Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RT.
            11 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

AC/10 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 10, rolls 10 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RT
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to RT.
            7 Armor remaining.

PPC at AC/2 Carrier (Standard) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits FR
        AC/2 Carrier (Standard) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** AC/2 Carrier (Standard) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 7; AC/2 malfunctions.

PPC at AC/2 Carrier (Standard) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits FR
        AC/2 Carrier (Standard) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to FR.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 11; (w/ +0 bonus)

AC/10 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RA
        Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             6 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 7; no effect.

LRM 10 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : 6 missile(s) hit.

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            6 Armor remaining.

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LL.
            10 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RL
        Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            1 Armor remaining.

AC/2 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

AC/2 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 4 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            12 Armor remaining.

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            12 Armor remaining.

SRM 4 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             10 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 7; no effect.

Machine Gun at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

Machine Gun at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 12 : hits RT
        Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            10 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LT.
            13 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LA.
            5 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LA.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits CT
        Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
            20 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : hits RT
        Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            10 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Small Laser at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Small Laser at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits RL
        Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RL.
            16 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : hits CT
        Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            18 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits LL (critical)
        Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL (critical).
            17 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Foot.

AC/10 at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 7 : hits (using Right Side table) RS
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to RS.
            10 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +2 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.

Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 5 : hits (using Right Side table) TU (critical)
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to TU (critical).
            10 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is 6; Stabilizer destroyed!

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

AC/2 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 2 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 2 at Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 5 : 2 missile(s) hit
hits MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 4 to 1
        Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            4 men alive

SRM 2 at Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 7 : 2 missile(s) hit
hits MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 4 to 1
            3 men alive

Medium Laser at Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 9 : hits MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 1
            2 men alive

Medium Laser at Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 12 : hits MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 1
            1 men alive

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 5, rolls 12 : hits (using Left Side table) LL
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LL.
            10 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 5.
            12 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 5, rolls 7 : 2 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 2 damage to LA.
            18 Armor remaining.

Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 2 damage to LL.
            8 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Rocket Launcher/10 Turret (Single) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    Rocket Launcher 10 at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Foot Squad (MG) #2 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    Machine Gun (Portable) at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 10 at Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : 8 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
             10 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 6; no effect.

Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 3 damage to LT.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 5; no effect.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 6 : hits (using Left Side table) RR
        Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to RR.
            15 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 11; (w/ +2 bonus)

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
            13 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) LS (critical)
        Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS (critical).
            8 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is (4+1) = 5; no effect.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
            3 Armor remaining.

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 3 : falls.
Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) goes back to the hull down position instead of falling to the ground.

Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit).
The base target is 3 [2 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit)].
    Roll #1, (2 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit)); needs 4, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    Punch (Left Arm) at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : hits (using Punch table) RT
        Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            6 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 5, rolls 5 : hits (using Left Side Kick table) LL
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 14 damage to LL.
            1 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    Punch (Left Arm) at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses.
    Punch (Right Arm) at Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : hits (using Punch table) HD
        Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to HD.
            2 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Sergeant Major Shi-Wen Xú" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Sergeant Major Shi-Wen Xú" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 11 : successful!

Physical attacks for Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Hatchet attack on Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 5 : hits (using Right Side table) RS (critical)
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 9 damage to RS (critical).
            1 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RS. Roll is 6; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

Physical attacks for Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Right leg) at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 3, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side Kick table) LL
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 11 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             12 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 4; no effect.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (was kicked).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 6, rolls 8 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 25 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 18 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 7 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 16 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 #3 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 12 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Battlefield state:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
The southern Warhammer attempts to get up, but has gotten kicked around enough that the mechwarrior has some trouble doing so. The Bulldog drives slowly forward, its turret not tracking for the moment, while the AC/2 Vedette backs up. The Centurion moves backwards, the mechwarrior appearing to be at a loss. To the north, the Phoenix Hawk moves to engage Paingod's Griffin, while the Warhammer remains standing. The remaining active infantry squad is still huddled in the rocks.

Objective update:
AC/2 Carrier destroyed
Infantry squad (MG) #2 crippled
Rocket Launcher/10 turret out of ammo, considered crippled
14.5/19 enemy units crippled, disabled or destroyed

Movement mods:
Warhammers, Bulldog, Centurion: 0
Vedette AC/2: 1

AC/2 Bulldog is stunned and unable to fire weapons this round.
Hull Down units (such as the Hatchetman) may not jump. Getting up costs 2MP, but if you fail, you simply go back to 'Hull Down', rather than falling over.
Foot actuator damage reduces the Wolverine's walk MP by 1, to 4/6. Jumping or running now requires a PSR.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I will attempt to get up and move to the woods on the SE.

QD, jump to 3134 and try to finish off the Bulldog.
Stefan Stirzaker

Griffin to 2817. Physical attack on hawk. All weapons at warhammer.
Cata to 2218. Fire lasers at warhammer
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

If Madmarcus jumped to 2932, could the building hold him? Also from there, he could shoot the Warhammer in the back, but there would be no physical attacks due to the height of the building, right?

Although that would presumably expose him to uncovered fire from a few directions.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I think you're thinking about 2032 (2932 is way in the east). There is not a single building on this map that will hold up even the lightest of our mechs, and that one is no exception. If it *were* to stand up, you are correct that there wouldn't be any physical attacks possible from there.

All the remaining turrets have a maximum range of 3.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok. In that case:

Wolverine - jump to 2233, facing NW. Fire SRM6, both medium lasers, and large laser at the Warhammer. Heat things up a bit - should be at heat 10 at the end.

Banshee - stay still, fire both PPCs and AC/10 at the Warhammer. Fire SRM6 at the Bulldog in 2934.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:53 pm Wolverine - jump to 2233, facing NW. Fire SRM6, both medium lasers, and large laser at the Warhammer. Heat things up a bit - should be at heat 10 at the end.
No LOS from 2233 to the Warhammer due to the building in 2133
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:04 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:53 pm Wolverine - jump to 2233, facing NW. Fire SRM6, both medium lasers, and large laser at the Warhammer. Heat things up a bit - should be at heat 10 at the end.
No LOS from 2233 to the Warhammer due to the building in 2133
eh, fine - 2333 then.
Black Lives Matter.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

The Awesome will move to 1937 and fire on the building in 2133 to try to open up LOS to the Warhammer. The Dervish will move to 2937 and hold fire to lose some heat.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 8:

Madmarcus jumps away fairly quickly, seeking to find a better spot where the Wolverine isn't as exposed to the Warhammer's impressive short-range firepower. The leg actuator proves a little troublesome, and the Wolverine stumbles as it turns in mid-air and has to take a knee as it lands. This actually works out better, since it exposes less of the mech to return fire. The building separating the two mechs takes some SRMs and a medium laser, while the Warhammer gets hit with a large laser to the left torso and a few SRMs land on the right arm.

El Guapo covers Madmarcus, placing a PPC shot through the Warhammer's right torso armor. Five out of the six SRMs land on the Bulldog, inflicting more damage on the treads.

Gbasden comes up a little short due to the difficulty of moving through rubble, but still collapses the building blocking line of sight on the Warhammer from the south. He'll need to move a little bit east to take advantage of it, though.

Stefan charges the northern Warhammer, taking a PPC to the left missile rack for his trouble. One of his lasers dings the Warhammer in the head, shaking the mechwarrior inside around a little. Paingod moves up as well, the Phoenix Hawk's weapons fire proving mostly ineffective as it misses. The two mechs exchange kicks, stripping leg armor but causing no breaches.

Isgrimnur's left arm comes off entirely under sustained fire from the Centurion's AC/10. He levels his AC/10 at the nearby Bulldog, putting a burst through the left side, creating a large enough hole that the crew can simply walk out. However, a PPC shot from the Warhammer to the west disables the autocannon shortly afterwards. The Hatchetman remains upright.

Raw data:
Spoiler:
Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing with damaged leg actuator or gyro).
Needs 4 [2 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Foot Actuator destroyed) + 1 (cramped cockpit) + 0 (landing with damaged leg actuator or gyro)], rolls 3 : falls.
Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) goes back to the hull down position instead of falling to the ground.

Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 1940 (running & turning on pavement).
Needs 2 [3 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 3 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 11 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

PPC at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LA.
            3 Armor remaining.

PPC at Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Machine Gun at Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Machine Gun at Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits RT
        Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            18 Armor remaining.

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RT
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 5.
            Armor destroyed.
             12 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 7; no effect.

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

AC/10 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 10, rolls 2 : misses

SRM 6 at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 3, rolls 7 : 5 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 2 damage to LS.
            8 Armor remaining.

6 Armor remaining.

Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 2 damage to TU.
            8 Armor remaining.

Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 2 damage to TU.
            6 Armor remaining.

4 Armor remaining.

PPC at Hex 2133 of Building #1078688415 (Collapse)needs 0, rolls 5 : hits.

Medium Standard Building #1078688415 absorbs 10 points of damage.
            15 CF remaining.
        Damage threshold exceeded. Possible critical hit!
            Crew killed.

PPC at Hex 2133 of Building #1078688415 (Collapse)needs 0, rolls 6 : hits.

5 CF remaining.
        Damage threshold exceeded. Possible critical hit!
            No critical hit.

PPC at Hex 2133 of Building #1078688415 (Collapse)needs 0, rolls 12 : hits.

0 CF remaining.
         BUILDING DESTROYED

AC/10 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             6 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 12;LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.

LRM 10 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits HD
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to HD.
            4 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) "Abdul-Samad Jafar" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) "Abdul-Samad Jafar" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 9 : successful!

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 11 : hits RT
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 12.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            12 Armor remaining.

PPC at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear table) RTR
        Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             5 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on +AC/10.

PPC at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

AC/10 at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 10 damage to LS.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 4; no effect.

Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LS (critical)
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS (critical).

Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 11 : hits (using Left Side table) RR
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to RR.
            15 Armor remaining.

AC/2 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 2 at Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 11 : misses

LRM 10 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 6, rolls 9 : 8 missile(s) hit.

Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
            7 Armor remaining.

Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 3 damage to LT.
            14 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LT
        Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 8 damage to LT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RL
        Warhammer WHM-6R suffers no damage. (RL behind cover)
            Medium Standard Building #878692669 blocks the shot and takes 5 points of damage.
                14 CF remaining.

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 8, rolls 10 : 4 missile(s) hit (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table).

Warhammer WHM-6R suffers no damage. (LL behind cover)
            Medium Standard Building #878692669 blocks the shot and takes 2 points of damage.
                12 CF remaining.

16 Armor remaining.

14 Armor remaining.

Warhammer WHM-6R suffers no damage. (LL behind cover)
            Medium Standard Building #878692669 blocks the shot and takes 2 points of damage.
                10 CF remaining.

Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 6 : hits (using Left Side table) FR
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to FR.
            19 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 6; (w/ +2 bonus)
             Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.

Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) LS (critical)
        Bulldog Medium Tank (AC2) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS (critical).

Building #1078688415 collapses due to damage.
*** Rocket Launcher/15 Turret (Single) (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) DESTROYED by building collapse! ***

Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor)
    Kick (Left leg) at Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits (using Kick table) RL
        Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 9 damage to RL.
            7 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor); needs 4, rolls 6 : hits (using Kick table) RL
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) takes 11 damage to RL.
            4 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (was kicked).
The base target is 2 [2 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (2 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 2, rolls 2 : succeeds.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (was kicked).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 6, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Banshee BNC-3S (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 27 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 32 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Catapult CPLT-C1 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 5 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-1N #3 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6M #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 11 heat.
Quickdraw QKD-4HF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 20 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Centurion CN9-A (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Lyran Commonwealth Opfor) gains 22 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Battlefield state:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
The southern Warhammer continues its unsuccessful attempts to get up under fire. The northern one rotates west a little to meet Stefan's charge at a more favorable angle. The Vedette breaks northwest while the Phoenix Hawk makes a long loop to the north.

Isgrimnur's Hatchetman simply won't stop wailing about internal damage and destroyed weapons (mech considered crippled due to internal damage in three limbs, may withdraw). Perhaps it's not unjustified, as the only offensive equipment left on the mech is a medium laser and the hatchet, both in the right arm. Stefan's Catapult flashes a red "armor low" indicator on the left missile rack but is otherwise in the green or yellow.

Movement mods:
Warhammers, Centurion: 0
Vedette AC/2: 1

Objective update:
Bulldog AC/2 destroyed
15.5/19 enemy units crippled, disabled or destroyed
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Dammit, we are going to destroy the searchlight on the southern Warhammer if it's the last thing I do.

Wolverine - stand up. Fire SRM6 and both medium lasers at the southern Warhammer.
Banshee - walk forward to 3135. Fire one PPC and the AC/10 at the southern Warhammer.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Wait, are there any penalties for shooting from a "hull down" position? If not, is there any reason / advantage for the Wolverine to stand up?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

In the Wolverine's current position, it's better to remain "hull down" - you can still fire over the building either way, but if you remain "hull down", you're not using walking MP (so it's easier to shoot) and you're harder to hit as well.

The main reason to get up from a "hull down" position is if someone gets around the cover or blows it away and you need to move.
Black Lives Matter