pr0ner

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by pr0ner »

Wat?
Hodor.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:31 pmWat?
Looks like the ticket for 2020 is going to be Hillary Clinton and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/14/michael-a ... -attorney/
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Holman

Post by Holman »

em2nought wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:19 pm Will make an excellent test case for the "Trump made me so mad I lost it!" defense. With the right(left) jury it should work, but it's going to be tough getting past that "But she hit me first!" utterance. :mrgreen:
[Translation needed]
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Just assume it’s misogynistic, racist or both. That’s the Rosetta Stone for his posts.
Covfefe!
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 pm Just assume it’s misogynistic, racist or both. That’s the Rosetta Stone for his posts.
Nice work getting Rosetta Stone in on the same day I mentioned the Dare Stones. :wink:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I'll wait before coming to a conclusion, but if it is true, well, he can still run for President as a Republican. :wink:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I can’t stand the guy, but Stormy was arrested on false charges by some pretty corrupt cops in Columbus not that long ago. Those cops are under investigation for that and some other stuff. So I’ll also wait to see if it’s true.
Covfefe!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Moliere wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:53 pm <tweet>
"BuzzFeed News confirms Michael Avenatti has been arrested for domestic violence and is in LAPD custody."
So he's lost the Democratic party's support for his run on President in 2020, but he still has a shot to run as a Republican.
Defiant wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 pm I'll wait before coming to a conclusion, but if it is true, well, he can still run for President as a Republican. :wink:
Dammit. Didn't see the second page before I posted mine. :D
Last edited by Paingod on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Defiant wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 pm I'll wait before coming to a conclusion, but if it is true, well, he can still run for President as a Republican. :wink:
"He hit his wife multiple times while laughing maniacally? Come on, who hasn't done that?! You don't go around talking about it, but everyone does it. Vote Avenatti, the New World Republican! Saw the evil and lies of the hateful Democrats up close and personal, and is now fighting for The Right Side (TM) and Justice!"
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Man, and he seemed like such a solid guy. A real straight shooter. Never could have seen this coming.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ ... ute-991268
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Forget the idea of running for president and he seems like a slimey person but this is the right response:
Avenatti welcomed an investigation, saying he expected to be “fully exonerated.”
It was weird to me to see "Domestic Violence" and unidentified accuser (per the radio account this morning on the drive in). I am out of touch. I thought domestic violence was a very specific charge which implied a relationship which should easily identify the accuser.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Kurth wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:21 am Man, and he seemed like such a solid guy. A real straight shooter. Never could have seen this coming.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ ... ute-991268
I absolutely pegged him as a wife beater the moment he took on Stormy Weather as a client, amrite?

Except it was already mentioned, but more importantly, we're still waiting on details because:
Holman wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:46 pm
EDIT: Wait, what?

Avenatti's wife's attorney is disputing the report of domestic violence.
News of his arrest was first reported by TMZ, which had initially reported that his estranged wife was involved. In a statement to BuzzFeed News, though, attorneys for Lisa Storie-Avenatti refuted that report.

"My client and I have reviewed the TMZ article alleging that my client, Lisa Storie-Avenatti, has been injured and that Michael Avenatti has been arrested as a result of some incident that occurred between them. This article is not true as it pertains to my client," the statement said. "Ms. Storie-Avenatti was not subject to any such incident on Tuesday night. Further, she was not at Mr. Avenatti’s apartment on the date that this alleged incident occurred. My client states that there has never been domestic violence in her relationship with Michael and that she has never known Michael to be physically violent toward anyone."
Very confuse.
Still, that response from his wife's lawyer leaves open the possibility that he assaulted a girlfriend/mistress. Let's find out, shall we? Or are we just sure he's into all sorts of bad things because you don't like him? I don't like him either, for the record. That doesn't mean he's a wife beater, especially when his wife says she wasn't beaten by him.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

We already know Wohl and his goons were trying to setup Mueller in a similar fashion recently. The allegations against Avenatti may be true, but it certainly won't hurt to let everything come into focus for a few days before we start going overboard.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Sepiche wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:31 pm We already know Wohl and his goons were trying to setup Mueller in a similar fashion recently. The allegations against Avenatti may be true, but it certainly won't hurt to let everything come into focus for a few days before we start going overboard.
The fact that Jacob Wohl and Surefire is involved gives me real pause as to what is actually true and what is a fabrication in this most recent Avenatti fiasco.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I did not see Wohl's name anywhere before. Now NBC invoke it because Avenatti did.

Don't know what to think.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... st-n936571

The read would be too out of context to snip but I'll do it anyway
Wohl, a supporter of President Donald Trump, was recently implicated in a convoluted scheme to falsely accuse special counsel Robert Mueller of sexual misconduct.

The plan, which has been referred to the FBI for investigation, had called for Wohl to bring forward women with misconduct allegations against Mueller. The allegations were supposedly uncovered through an investigation outfit called Surefire Intelligence.

After Avenatti was arrested on Wednesday, Surefire retweeted a report about the case with an additional comment: "Surefire Intelligence strikes again."
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:55 pm

The fact that Jacob Wohl and Surefire is involved gives me real pause as to what is actually true and what is a fabrication in this most recent Avenatti fiasco.
I'm not seeing a lot of evidence regarding Wohl, so I'll wait for more details before I let Avenatti off the hook. Not that you have done so, I'm just commenting on the Wohl reference.

That being said, can you, or someone fill me in on previous fiascos of Avenatti's?
Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:13 pm
That being said, can you, or someone fill me in on previous fiascos of Avenatti's?
On the eve of the Kavanaugh hearings he announced that he had met with other accusers, but then went shy of producing names or details. The whole thing had the air of an attention-getting stunt.

This emboldened Kavanaugh defenders and very likely made it easy for others to dismiss Ford's powerful testimony.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Fair enough.

I understand that the GOP are going ahead with an investigation on that, is that correct? I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of that.

Anything else? First I heard of him was regarding Stormy Weathers. What's the general consensus on that?

While we're at it, he's been around for awhile now. Has he done anything that wasn't a fiasco? Is it time to dismiss him out of hand?
malchior

Post by malchior »

FWIW - he is denying he has been charged with anything and that the reporting by TMZ is inaccurate. Being that he is a member of the bar I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:31 pm Fair enough.

I understand that the GOP are going ahead with an investigation on that, is that correct? I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of that.

Anything else? First I heard of him was regarding Stormy Weathers. What's the general consensus on that?

While we're at it, he's been around for awhile now. Has he done anything that wasn't a fiasco? Is it time to dismiss him out of hand?
Well, his handling of the Stormy Daniels business has gone very well. He exposed Cohen and Trump and may even have contributed to Cohen's flipping.

All talk of his political future is just self-promotion, though. As far as most of us are concerned, he's just an ambulance chaser who struck gold. He happened to land a very good hit on the worst living American, and I'm grateful for that, but I can't imagine him as a leader.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Holman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:49 pm All talk of his political future is just self-promotion, though. As far as most of us are concerned, he's just an ambulance chaser who struck gold. He happened to land a very good hit on the worst living American, and I'm grateful for that, but I can't imagine him as a leader.
+1
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

malchior wrote:FWIW - he is denying he has been charged with anything and that the reporting by TMZ is inaccurate. Being that he is a member of the bar I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Also fwiw, last night on msnbc they reported that his ex wife made a public statement that the article was flat wrong. But love them some avenatti.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:49 pm
All talk of his political future is just self-promotion, though.
You know, I had forgotten about that. I think I have an actual blindspot to that crap coming from him. I almost literally can't hear him/or read about him when he's talking about entering politics. I think it's because I think it's so absurd that it's not part of my reality.

That's nuts. Both that I had forgotten about that and that I can skim past it as if it doesn't exist.

As far as the latest, the wording from his wife's lawyer and from himself in the tweet above, plus the fact that TMZ has broken countless accurate stories first has me thinking something is seriously up, just not exactly what was reported. There's a lot of weasel phrasing from both him and his wife's lawyer, imo.

TMZ is a a filthy gossip rag, except their very business makes them susceptible to slander/libel lawsuits, and in my experience (I'm not proud that I have experience watching them. As with so many other things that aren't my fault :wink:, I blame my wife ) they are rock solid in what they report. It's just that reporting the poop stains on celebrity X's underwear is by definition gross, in more ways than one.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:31 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:49 pm
All talk of his political future is just self-promotion, though.
You know, I had forgotten about that. I think I have an actual blindspot to that crap coming from him. I almost literally can't hear him/or read about him when he's talking about entering politics. I think it's because I think it's so absurd that it's not part of my reality.

That's nuts. Both that I had forgotten about that and that I can skim past it as if it doesn't exist.

As far as the latest, the wording from his wife's lawyer and from himself in the tweet above, plus the fact that TMZ has broken countless stories first has me thinking something is seriously up, just not exactly what was reported. There's a lot of weasel phrasing from both him and his wife's lawyer, imo.

TMZ is a a filthy gossip rag, except their very business makes them susceptible to slander/libel lawsuits, and in my experience (that I have experience watching them) they are rock solid in what they report. It's just that reporting the poop stains on celebrity X's underwear is by definition gross, in more ways than one.

I totally agree with all of that but....more or less crazy than Donald trump as POTUS?

Just sayin'.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I do denial really well.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Surprised there aren't more details coming out yet.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Tt;cr Avenatti says he's going after Wohl/SureFire

Aside: SureFire is a totally unrelated company that makes really good flashlights. This is no bueno for their name.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

:pop:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Oh boy.

Hodor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

What a twist!

Separately, how do you sue on someone's behalf without their consent, assuming it's not a class action suit or something like that.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Irish Times
A federal judge in Los Angeles on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit brought by adult-film star Stormy Daniels to end a hush-money agreement she had with US president Donald Trump, court papers showed.

US district judge James Otero dismissed the lawsuit because Mr Trump and his former lawyer Michael Cohen have agreed not to enforce the nondisclosure agreement against Ms Daniels, court documents showed.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

wtf? I'm not going to void your contract because the other party has said they won't enforce the contract anyway.

So...meet you back in in 3 weeks when the other party changes its mind?

I...am not a lawyer.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Moliere wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:42 pm Trump accuser seeks 'Apprentice' recordings as evidence for defamation case
The lawyer for one of the women suing President Donald Trump for defamation is seeking recordings of "The Apprentice" from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

Former "Apprentice" contestant Summer Zervos filed a lawsuit against Trump in January 2017, in which she alleged that Trump defamed her in 2016 after she said he sexually assaulted her in 2007.
WaPo
A New York appellate court ruled Thursday that President Trump must face a defamation lawsuit filed by former “Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos, one of about a dozen women who accused Trump of sexual misconduct shortly before the 2016 election.

Trump has called Zervos and the other women who made accusations against him “liars,” prompting Zervos to file a lawsuit in 2017.

Trump’s lawyers have tried unsuccessfully to block Zervos’s suit, arguing that the president is immune from such lawsuits in state court.

In their ruling Thursday, a panel of New York appellate judges rejected that argument, citing the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in Clinton v. Jones, which established that presidents can be sued while in office for unofficial acts.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hah.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I don't know if this is exactly the best thread for this, but I do know that Michael Avenatti is clearly on top of his game today.

Shot:

Tmrw at 11 am ET, we will be holding a press conference to disclose a major high school/college basketball scandal perpetrated by @Nike that we have uncovered. This criminal conduct reaches the highest levels of Nike and involves some of the biggest names in college basketball.
Chaser:

BREAKING NEWS: Michael Avenatti has been arrested and charged for attempting to extract more than $20 million in payments from Nike by threatening to use his ability to garner publicity to inflict substantial financial and reputational harm.
Hopefully this means no one takes him seriously ever again.

Also, more details here.
Hodor.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Avenatti was a dirtbag from day 1 and a disgrace to the bar. He is everything a lawyer is NOT supposed to be. I cannot wait to see him behind bars.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
malchior

Post by malchior »

Re: Avenatti

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Nice whipsaw for Nike traders. If he hadn't been arrested, I'd have said he just pulled off securities fraud.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hey, look, there's MORE.

BREAKING NEWS / AVENATTI CHARGED AGAIN: He is charged out of Los Angeles with embezzling a client’s money in order to pay his own expenses and debts and also defrauded a bank by using phony tax returns to obtain millions of dollars in loans. @anblanx reports.
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

...charged... defrauded a bank by using phony tax returns to obtain millions of dollars in loans.
Manafort, Trump, Avenatti. Three have done, two have been charged...

MYT