PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:19 pm Ah I watched it without the sound. :) The one thing that guy did that I always forget about is that he's aiming BEFORE he scopes. I'm always scoping in and searching like an idiot which never seems to work. That probably has something to do with my crappy ass eyes. Not much I can do about that. Thanks parents! :lol:

Couldn't figure out what match it was, but just a quick glance rank wise at least for the duos it doesn't seem too insane for most of the matches I checked. The match making is really kind of a mess though.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/GreenGoo16
I just wanted to be clear. At the time, with the short interval between headshots, and the significant distance between Frey and I (Frey's not even in the shooter's field of vision when he looks for me, let alone scopes at me), and my frustration, I blurted out "he cheated". By the time I had posted here I had investigated a little and come to the conclusion that he wasn't cheating.

The match was a 4 man squad game that we ran with 3 people. Cort had gotten killed and had left by the time of the video. You can see cort's disconnect icon at the bottom (edit: Oops, haven't been home to post it yet. Will do later tonight). It's a 4 man squad we're attacking. I actually started to aim at the shooter but I saw blood splashes on another target from Frey's shots, so I switched targets in an attempt to support Frey and defeat in detail. Not that it would have made any difference if I hadn't switched.

If you want to look for the match it's almost certainly the most recent game I played, and in the 4 man category in any case.

Also for the record, when I first looked at his team ranking on dak.gg (a different site from the one you posted, but almost certainly pulling from the same data sources), they were diamond 2. Shortly afterward (maybe 20 mins) looking at the same match on the same site, they were ranked as gold something. What changed I have no idea. They hadn't played another game as a team that I could tell, so I'm not sure what would cause their rank to change, except maybe that they got pushed down the ranking chart by teams that rank higher.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just noticed my bullet punch video while skimming my videos.

That is a brilliant example of the effect, if I do say so myself. I slowed it down so it's incredibly obvious. You can see how I get rocked just before I fire, pushing the reticle way off target and the bullet flies over the target's head, then in a brief lull, I center and fire, hitting the target, then get rocked again just as I'm firing yet again, sending the bullet flying way off course again.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Here's what the encounter looked like from my perspective, if anyone is interested.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I watched the video again and you can see one of my targets come to a complete stop behind a tree, but completely exposed to my LoS. Chances are that if my headshooter had targeted Frey first, I would have hit my target, with about a 33% chance of a headshot. I can hit a stationary target at that range in the head pretty regularly, but I'm not sure I would have taken the extra split second to do so, not to mention that Frey had already hit one or two of them, at which point I'm just trying to finish them off. Obviously headshots are the best way to do that, but when your target is at 1/2 health it doesn't really matter where you hit them.

Anyway, my point is two-fold. Entire encounters are decided in less than a second more often than not, and that I was just about to get a shot at the rare and much sought after stationary target. Unfortunately, I was the stationary target instead.

In my defense if any of the targets in my scope had turned and ads at me, I would have taken cover and repositioned for my next shot. It was the shooter not in my focus that killed me.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Was just watching a jacky video, and when he takes fire from a previously unknown target you can see him searching through his scope for the shooter assuming there is more than 1 location he could be at, even at 100m, about 75-80% of the time. Sure he does it fast, and 25% of the time he scopes right at the target, but my point is that even some of the better players have to look for their targets before shooting.

The guy who got Frey and I had to look for Frey, but I think he just got lucky and picked the right tree to look at first, when he found me.

To be clear I'm sure we were killed totally legit, but I do like to analyze and review, and watching jacky in action reminded me about how I was spotted either before the shooter scoped, or just got unlucky when he scoped.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Doom and Frey had a really good try last night and ended up #2 in a 4 man squad game. I died stupidly much earlier, so it was just the two of them as it got down to the wire.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Since I seem more interested in talking about my fails and don't give enough time to my successes, here's a positive comment.

Last night as the circle closed on Erangel, the crashed and split apart plane in the nw corner was still inside it. Those who play will know the one. On top of a hill, surrounded by trees and green grass.

Frey's just been murdered by a dude in the tail section, and Cort and I are approaching from a different angle. I take a shot and fffwaanggg, it ricochets off one of the airplane slats, right by his head. I decide this is a "bad idea" as I'm basically trying to kill someone through a murder hole and pull back, only to see Cort clip the guy enough that he retreats into the tail section.

I tell Cort I'm pushing (so far we only know of 1 guy in there) and someone, I think it was Doom, asks me on discord if I've got a grenade. Well I do for once, and as I'm running up I toss it wildly after cooking it for 1, maybe 2 seconds. It lands true however and into the tail section it goes.

Out comes a rat from the sinking ship, and using the main body of the plane for cover, I shoot him down. It took a LOT of bullets and I missed way too much, but in the end he fell. At the same time this is happening my grenade goes off and I see that I've knocked another in the tail, so 2 knocks within seconds of each other. I fire a few rounds to finish the guy outside and Cort goes into the tail and puts down the grenade knocked dude. Unfortunately, there was a 3rd in the main body and he shoots Cort in the back. I don't remember my thought process but I fall back, perhaps thinking he jumped out and was circling around the nose of the plane. I check the nose but he's not there. I turn back and he's at the break in the plane, leaning. I tighten up my aim but decide he's just outside of the distance I'm comfortable shooting from the hip, so I switch to ADS. You can't really see it in the video, but my brain froze for a split second (maybe 2/10ths of a second?) as I decide just tightening my aim is not enough. In that very short amount of time, the dude ADS at me with his tommy gun and kills me.

so two things:

1) I got 2 back to back knocks that ended in kills
2) My brain locked up in indecision in a combat situation for about 0.2 of a second, and it got me killed.

The rest of the night was lame even by my very loose, very undemanding standards, but that little encounter was a rare success, and even rarer successful grenade usage.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

And it was fun to spectate!

Well, ignoring the "death" association with spectating, but still... good work!
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Frey, I watched my live recorded video and I'm pretty sure my first shot went over his rifle and between his neck and his right shoulder, and my next shot went slightly to the right of his neck. Both shots (according to the reticle at least) were close enough to his neck that if I had aimed the tiniest little bit higher both would have hit him in the head. i.e. I was aiming beside his neck but right below the ear protection of his lvl 2 helmet.

The shots probably deafened him.

God. Damn. It.

edit: Here it is. Not sure the quality on Youtube will be good enough to show it, but...well, I need more practice I guess.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I can't really see the bullets in the video, but I think you went over his head. Shooting uphill you need to aim lower. There's a technical real reason for it that my brain doesn't understand, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened there. I do it all the time because I don't know how to learn lessons. I tried to play a few rounds last night. First in TPP which I did fine with. And then FP where I was a total mess. If I take any kind of break I totally fall apart in FP. I really have a mental block with that mode for some reason. :oops:

I could be wrong in this example as it's totally hard to tell, but this was the one discussion I found on it way back when.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUND ... _from_you/
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm in no position to argue.

I've done enough practice sessions to know that if it had been on level ground I should have expected 1 to 2 headshots, although until I looked at the video I thought my first shot was low and should have been a body shot. At that range, it's point and shoot. At least on the practice field.

Over the months of play I've shot between peoples' legs, through the bend in their elbow, between their arm and torso etc etc so many times that almost nothing surprises me any more. You can hear my disbelief in the video, and that's with, imo, a very objective opinion of my own shooting ability.

If I'm as confident as I was in this video that I hit someone it's usually because I did, but something unusual happened. Even in a perfect world with low ping and no rubber banding by me or the target, bullets miss the player hit box in all sorts of weird (but not necessarily glitchy) ways, because I very often look closely at the video afterward and I see it. Not the replay, but the live captured video.

Somewhat ironically, I've started aiming for the head a LOT more than I used to do, in part because I've been practicing and my aim is much, much better than it was. In the past it was all center of mass because even with such a big target I would often miss. Center of mass here would have been an easy 1 or 2 hits. Given his shooting ability I still probably would have lost, but maybe he would have panicked.

In any case, did you see him clip me from behind the tree? Pretty sweet shot considering I had the reticle very near there and was waiting for him to peek. I've got to start repositioning more. I used to move a lot more often, but I would regularly lose sight of the target and by the time I picked him up again he had me in his sights longer than I had him.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Read a couple of the posts in that thread but not all of them. I understand that the bullet path is no longer 90 degrees to the gravity vector when firing at an angle, and that absolutely changes the rate of change of drop relative to the hillside.

That said, at that range, it has to be a miniscule difference. I'm not going to argue that the thread is wrong, but it feels intuitively wrong at such a short distance. Just as with regular bullet drop, the difference between firing at 100m vs 400+m is going to be huge, and this shot was <100m, pretty sure.

I have serious doubts that I missed these shots because of this phenomenon in this particular case, despite it making sense and even triggering memories of past experiences where I did shoot over the heads of my targets in similar situations and being confused by it.

In order for it to be true in this case,at this range and with this scope and this gun (416), it would have to change the aim point by at least the entire height of his head, and that is simply too huge a difference for me to believe it. That's a bigger difference than you change your aim point from 100m to 200m on a flat firing range. Possibly even bigger than 100m to 300m, although I'm less sure about that. Bullet drop really starts to kick in after 200m for AR's.

But like I said, despite being skeptical, I'm in no position to refute it. You're a better shot and I don't disagree with the basic concept.

The next time I'm on the training field I'll see if I can replicate it.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It also certainly could be the game not registering it correctly. That's kind of why I've dropped my play off some. If I stored replays I would have an epic collection of me getting killed when I'm not even visible due to dysynch. It's totally inexcusable that the game still has issues with that this far out in the release cycle. COD comes out tomorrow so I plan on diving into that for a while. It's really not even close to the same game, but it's fun and I think it's good practice for close range fights which I'm still terrible at. I've gotten better, but man the amount of fights I lose at 10-20m drives me insane. I just don't have the reflex skills required. :grund:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Well I have a higher quality video and I can slow it down significantly. It's still a little tough to pinpoint the exact position of the reticle when the trigger is pulled, but I think I've got it figured out. The second shot is a little more dynamic as I'm correcting for my first miss and recovering from recoil.

Like I said, I don't think it was a glitch or anything. I think I just got incredibly unlucky (or unskilled, if you prefer), or the phenomenon you mentioned bit me in the ass. Admittedly I can't see the bullet either, only the reticle position when the gun fires.

It looks like the first shot is between his gun and his chin, as he's not facing me but not quite perpendicular to me either. The second shot appears to be at pretty much the same height, 1 or 2 mm to the right, which is why I think it passed on the other side of his neck.

In all my days of checking to see why I suck, I don't think I've ever had a shot that was this close to hitting but still missed. It's just that close, especially the second shot, surprisingly. The 3rd shot I take as he's running away very likely did suffer from the bullet path vs gravity phenomenon. I fire into the top edge of his backpack as he runs directly away from me, meaning he's hunched forward and his head is out of sight. Or I just shot his backpack and that's not part of the hit box so it was an obvious miss. This 3rd shot is much more difficult to pinpoint in the video for whatever reason.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Not a great night.

I cold shot a guy using a 4x and sks in the body at about 150-175m, running full out perpendicular to me. My second shot hits him in the head. Yay.

However in another game, we land with another team. I pick up a pump action, load it and hear someone approaching the building. I crouch, about 5-7m from the door, and aim about chest height at the door. Dude runs right up, no subtlety at all, flings the door open and stops in the doorframe as I fire. Remember, 7m, stationary target, silhouetted by the doorframe, shotgun. It doesn't get any easier than that. Not a single pellet landed. He killed me with a vector before I could pump a new shell into the chamber.

It was a complete potato. No glitch, no sync issues, to the best of my knowledge all the shoy passed over her right shoulder beside her head. I don't have video of it so I can't check. Humiliating.

In other news, Frey had a 7 kill game, which I think is a personal best for him. It's far beyond anything I've managed to do, that's for sure.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 amIn other news, Frey had a 7 kill game, which I think is a personal best for him.
:clap:
Not an easy feat.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice the best I've ever done solo is 9. I so badly want to hit double digits, but I don't play aggressive enough for that.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Octavious wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 amI so badly want to hit double digits, but I don't play aggressive enough for that.
When I played, there was no way for me, either. It might have only been possible if I was in a good defensive space and people lined up to meet me. It certainly wasn't happening if I had to hunt for them.
Black Lives Matter

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Paingod wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:55 am
GreenGoo wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 amIn other news, Frey had a 7 kill game, which I think is a personal best for him.
:clap:
Not an easy feat.
Thanks, Guys. I was pretty damned pleased, but I keep worrying that I was "that guy" on the basketball team who never passes the ball. I know the analogy doesn't quite work, but by the time I had 6 or possibly 7, we had lost two players. Just don't want to go on a kill streak on the backs of my teammates.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

whereas I will absolutely take any kills I can get, off the backs of teammates or otherwise.

Feel free to go through that door first, teammate.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm really enjoying my time with you guys, but I'm having some repetitive stress pain that is impacting other aspects of my life besides gaming, so I'm gonna take a few days off to see if it heals up. Or at least I'm gonna try. Playing with you guys is a lot of fun.

Separately, I'm starting to see some old bad habits start to creep up again that I don't like, so a few days off might help avoid that trend as well.

I might stop by to see how ya'll are doing, but chances are I won't be able to resist the call of the murder simulator if I do that, so we'll have to wait and see.

Just a heads up. See you in a few days.

Good luck!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:20 pm I'm really enjoying my time with you guys, but I'm having some repetitive stress pain that is impacting other aspects of my life besides gaming, so I'm gonna take a few days off to see if it heals up. Or at least I'm gonna try. Playing with you guys is a lot of fun.

Separately, I'm starting to see some old bad habits start to creep up again that I don't like, so a few days off might help avoid that trend as well.

I might stop by to see how ya'll are doing, but chances are I won't be able to resist the call of the murder simulator if I do that, so we'll have to wait and see.

Just a heads up. See you in a few days.

Good luck!
Boooooo! You just came back to us! :cry:

Aspercreamthumbbracewristbracemotrinmurdersimulator
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My wrist support is almost worn out, and I have yet to find a replacement, so that's an additional factor that I need to fix.

I can literally feel the bones/tendons in my wrist grinding against each other. I'm surprised I can't hear them.

I appreciate the sentiment. I should have avoided playing last night, but I failed.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

What's a little permanent, debilitating pain compared to a night of awesome gaming?
Black Lives Matter

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Looks like they cocked up a release again. This is really starting to feel like a sinking ship. By now they shouldn't be having so many issues each time they try and deploy a patch.
-----
@PUBG_help
9h9 hours ago
More
PC Players: We're aware players in some regions are experiencing connectivity issues since maintenance ended, including "Network Lag Detected".

Our team is investigating these issues at the highest priority and we'll update you once resolved.

@PUBG_help
11h11 hours ago
More
PC Players: Live servers are now back online.

Thank you for your patience.

11h11 hours ago
More
PC Players: Live servers are back in maintenance temporarily, as our engineers work to resolve an issue which was preventing players from entering games.

We'll keep you updated and make another announcement as soon as this is resolved.

12h12 hours ago
More
PC Players: Live server maintenance is now complete.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I would point out I was already deceased before these shenanigans.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

I thought it would be a great way to camouflage the trunk. :D
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just an fyi for Frey.

That fight on the hill with the 2 dudes with the buggy, you had knocked one guy and I had dropped his partner to <10 hp. I was wrong, my shots were hitting, there just wasn't any blood splash for reasons I don't know. I also hit the guy while he was completely obscured by his smoke, so that was pretty good. While I couldn't see him, I wasn't firing completely blind as I saw where he was as the smoke covered him and then shot where I last saw him and to either side of that. One of the side shots hit him.

I had pretty good cover from my target, but his partner was slightly to the side, not a flank, but slightly different angle, and that exposed almost my entire standing body to his partner's LoS, and that was all it took for him to drop me.

I'm amazed you did as well as you did when you first encountered them. At that point it was 1v2 while Pathfinder and I tried to get over the ridge and get LoS. I'm also amazed they didn't simply just blow up the truck, but they were still pelting you regardless. Your legs were completely exposed under the bed of the truck, but they kept trying to hit your peeking head.

So we had 3 people still up, and they had 1 guy down and the other at <10 hp, ad we lost. So that's nice. Pushing and/or a grenade would have won it for us, but there was so much smoke and it was a 4 man squad game so I wasn't sure whether there were others in there somewhere, and pushing would have been across wide open terrain. Still, I should have been more aggressive. I saw that you had a grenade in your hand at one point, but stopped to heal and then push, which almost worked out for you. You dropped the guy to less than 5 hp and then the circle ate him.

In the end the firefight killed both our teams. Still, that's why I play, to shoot at people. Running to beat the circle is my default play. Shooting at people can be far too rare.

Ah well. It was actually a more interesting firefight than I thought at first.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So at some point during my absence, they added on screen key hints. I didn't say anything last night, but it was driving me nuts.

If you still have them on and want them off, I believe it's:

Options->Gameplay->UI->On-Screen Key Guide

I haven't tested it, I just found something similar on an Xbox site. The name of the option is on Xbox is: On-Screen Key Hints.

So it's probably the same thing.

You can also increase your killfeed queue size, which I like. I think it can be set to a maximum of 10 entries. What I'd like is to slightly decrease the speed at which it fades. I'm always a second or 2 too slow because it's usually an after thought to check it.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

It was a good fight with a moderately satisfying outcome. I've certainly gotten better with my shooting, and that's excellent that your shots were hitting home as well. (Reminder that your first round of either last night or the night prior that you dropped two dudes yourself!) I get the impression that Pathfinder is still working on his game, but just a few months in I was far from fabulous as well. I thought I actually threw the grenade in question but your replay seems to suggest otherwise! Sad that the final exchange went in their favor but still a fun fight! Glad you've been back.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Oh yeah, I just wanted to clear up any confusion because last night I claimed that I was firing right into them and nothing was happening. Apparently something was happening after all. I did see 1 bullet pass between the dude's elbow and torso. This was with live recorded video, rather than the replay, so it's as accurate as my client thinks it is. I'm not sure how I manage to keep doing that, but I do. :?

Pathfinder is clearly learning the game, and that is totally fine with me.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I started telling Cort this story last night but never got past the beginning. I feel like it was more significant than it was, and I want to make it an interesting story but doubt I can. Let's find out.

I started a solo game yesterday not realizing I was 1 man squading it instead of solo. So I'm in a 4 man game by myself. I don't even realize this until the circle gets small and I start noticing knocks and even then I thought it was some weirdness with the killfeed. Only after I saw the same guy get knocked twice I realized what was happening.

Anyway, I charge into the center of the circle and hide under a bridge. Not your typical bridge, but one with nearly sheer shore line so it's almost impossible to climb up from the river. And I'm not just in amongst the supports, I find a niche to the side of it where I can climb into and then up. I basically have zero LoS anywhere except directly at my entrance/"doorway". If you're not standing in the doorway, you can't see me. Period. There is NO LoS to me.

So I get there early, before anyone else. No one saw me. So I wait. I hear squads crossing the bridge, fire fights, more squads arrive, it's a brawl right above me through at least 1 circle, but probably more like 2. I do NOTHING. I don't move. I don't turn. I don't switch weapons. I just sit there, frozen in fear, in my little hidey hole. The fighting dies down and all is quiet. I stay put.

Finally I'm not in the new circle but I plan on getting there late, maybe getting to shoot people in the back as they move from our current circle to the new one. I'm great at back shooting. I'll shoot anyone in the back. If you're facing away from me, expect me to shoot you in the back.

So I wait. I've got to go soon, I'm going to be late. But I wait. It's at this point that someone finds me and shoots me in the head from 3 feet away. Now, in my defense, I had been on high alert for 2 circles with no action, and at this point there had been no fighting above me or even shots fired within hearing range, AND there was no way for me or my shooter to make the new circle in without taking blue damage. I absolutely let my guard down.

I watch my death cam and think, man, that guy sure was cautious, but under bridges is exactly where backshooters hide, so maybe I just got unlucky.

Then I watch the replay.

I haven't made a peep in 2 circles. The dude and his squadmate have cleared out the area and have had plenty of time moving around, healing, recovering from fights, no one is shooting at them. In fact, they look like they are completely unconcerned, which is appropriate, because there is no one left except them, and me, hiding like a mouse.

Then the partner decides to drop down under the bridge and swim up the river. There is NO reason to do this, and in fact slows him down while making him vulnerable to headshots from the new circle. The dude himself runs right to my side of the bridge, and looks down. There is NOTHING there. He can see 95% of the underside of the bridge, and the shoreline is almost a straight drop to the water. He hovers, looking. He hovers, looking. He hovers, looking. Circle is coming, no one has made a sound, let alone shot at him in minutes. He hovers, looking. Aha, there I am, blam! He immediately runs off without a care in the world, doesn't bother checking behind trees, rocks, nothing. Runs full tilt to the new circle.

Imagine being in a fire fight amongst buildings, winning, taking your time to recover, then having to run to the new circle. Except wait a minute, I'm going to stop and run into this one building, up the second floor, stare directly at a set of cupboards, then start opening them methodically. Open 1, no one there. Open another, no one there. Open a 3rd, aha, blam. Then immediately run downstairs and out of the building full tilt while never even looking at another building, let alone worrying about the cupboards on the second floor of those buildings.

I reported his ass.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Yup that's someone using a map cheat. Those are the hardest to catch and is probably used a lot more than I would like to know. :(

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I put up my deathcam footage. Looks like I misremembered/exaggerated a little, but not much. When I watched the deathcam I didn't actually suspect him yet, just thought he got incredibly lucky. This footage combined with the replay really drives it home though. Something about the bridge has him really, really concerned. How very odd, amirite?

That vehicle explosion is from ~5 minutes earlier. Just the deathcam/replay doing what it does. So there is no explosion at that time, is my point. It blew up much earlier.

Also note that I'm the 8th last player and 4th last team to die. That's how long I had been hiding. I never shot at anyone although I did get shot at in my car while driving from the north coast line into the middle of the map.

There were no clues I was there. Not like the rest of my team got shot and the last person was only knocked, telling them that someone else was around.

Watching that again, I think his partner didn't enter the water willingly, I think he was going under the bridge, possibly to go after me, but the shoreline is just so steep that he fell right into the drink. Trust me, I *tried* to climb up into those supports, even managing to get up to them before falling right back into the river. It's not impossible for someone to be under the bridge in the supports, but it's not easy, as that guy just found out. I hope he crapped his pants thinking he was about to get shot by the dude his map cheat said was under the bridge.

edit: Quality appears low because, I'm just finding out, youtube makes the video available at a low rez, usually 360p, while it "processes" the video which takes up to 1-2 hours, after which it's available at higher rez. My videos are 1440p when I upload them. Anything after that is youtube. You can change the quality of any given video you're watching on youtube by clicking on the gear icon (often has a red HD on it) in the lower right hand corner. Just some info that might help someone, somewhere, in some universe.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

:angry-cussingwhite:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Only this game can make you feel shitty about coming in 3rd out of 100.

And I think that's the entirety of my issue with the game.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I have been playing some pickup squads the last 2 days. The one thing I noted is that the amount of asians on the US servers has spiked a ton again. Drives me nuts. I ended up on a team and winning a round with a guy who had an aim-bot. I didn't realize until towards the end when he was just picking off people he could see. So annoying that they don't just block those asshats from our servers entirely.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So Frey and myself and 2 non-OO'ers that Frey has added to his friends list were playing last night. We do alright on the desert map, coming in 5th (not sure how many people were left) after losing a fight at the circle's edge.

We immediately start a new game and the map is Erangel. We land at 77 (I think that's their nickname) and loot, moving east and then north as we go, chasing the circle. Eventually we're right outside Rozhok, on the south side of the large hill, just beside the radio tower. There's a team there and they ambush us, but for some reason a guy in a sedan drives up and over the hill and lands right in the middle of us. We all open up on the guy and Pathfinder (Frey's friend, good all around guy) gets the kill. We're wiped out less than 60 seconds later.

I'm looking at my recorded video after and I realize the guy we lit up in the sedan is the exact same guy who helped murder us at the circle's edge in the previous game.

With so many people playing the game and the staggered starts and such, AND the size of the map, AND the number of people murdering each on it, it was quite the eye opening coincidence to return the favour to the guy who ended our previous game.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Just checked and the guy I thought was aim-botting was banned. He had 11 kills in that round. I really don't get the appeal at all. Oh and spoiler... He didn't speak English... ;)

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Found this site. I think it's accurate. Has a nice little gui for weapon damage vs armor. It's pretty cool, I think.

pubg visual damage indicator