Mass Effect: Andromeda

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:03 pm Currently $10 for a key to activate it on Origin, via Amazon. That seems...cheap.
It's definitely worth $10, if you like the ME games. I liked Andromeda fine. It wasn't as good as ME3 (well, as good as ME3 ending aside), but it was a solid Mass Effect game.
Black Lives Matter.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:16 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:03 pm Currently $10 for a key to activate it on Origin, via Amazon. That seems...cheap.
It's definitely worth $10, if you like the ME games. I liked Andromeda fine. It wasn't as good as ME3 (well, as good as ME3 ending aside), but it was a solid Mass Effect game.
+1
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Sepiche wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:00 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:16 pm
+1
Agreed.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

This would have all been great information back in February when it was $10, you slackers. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So invent a time machine. Do we have to think of everything??
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'll ask Daehawk. Thanks.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:42 am I'll ask Daehawk. Thanks.
Why, do you need some good mods?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Because he's a time traveler!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont have the passenger seat installed right now. :( Nobody tells me ahead of time and it isn't like I can just got back and forth in time seeing if someone needs something.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 am This would have all been great information back in February when it was $10, you slackers. :D
If you'd started downloading it in February it might have been complete right about now!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Sad, but true. At least until this coming Monday. We'll see how that works out - might need to guard my wallet as taking 4 days to download something isn't going to be a hindrance anymore. :D
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

So, I finally beat the game after reinstalling it earlier this month. I didn't think I'd make it, initially, as the dialogue was painfully bad in the first few hours of play. It's like they showed a bunch of drunken monkeys all of the DTV Starship Troopers sequels and let them write the script. Once I was able to ditch Cora and Liam for Drack/Jaal and Peebee/Vetra the talky parts got better, though they never approached good. Companionwise, aside from Cora and Liam, I actually liked this crew very much. With better writing, they would have easily topped the previous crews, but even so, I liked a lot of the interplay. By the time we got to movie night, the camaraderie felt earned. As far as the gameplay, it was basically Dragon Age Inquisition "Go Collect X number of Y" fetch quests, but I suppose I was in the mood for it, as I completed all of the quests on each planet. I FemRydered it with an Asian woman. I do wish that the devs had been allowed to actually be creative and make more than 1-2 new races. I'd have liked to see strange creatures and weird worlds, instead of the requisite "Ice/Desert/Swamp/Desert, but even hotter and sandier" templates. The storyline was boilerplate, but I did detest the Kett adequately to want to keep going. Overall, the biggest problems were the overly safe and familiar game world (galaxy) they built, and the clumsiness of actually controlling the game. There seemed to be five buttons that could be used to open and close the same menus, and the optimization and audio stability issues almost killed the game for me a couple of times.

If I were to rate it, I'd give it 4 out of 8 tentacles. It did get better as it went on, and I am kind of sorry that I won't see the continuation of this crew's story. I just wish that they could have built an engine for this game, instead of having to shoehorn it into the Frostbite. That did it no favors, technically speaking. If and when they do revive the series, they need to actually break out of their safe zone and make it feel alien.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I said Id never buy this game because its so bad and buggy and made by racist and asshole people. But I can play it free with my Origin Access so giving it a go.

Nitpicks so far on first planet..

Can hit M for map but cant simply hit M again to close it.like 100% of all other games. Must hit escape twice to be back.
Plays very choppy. Must find a tweak.
Alt tabbed and now I cannot go back to full screen. Closest I can get is a blue bar at top and my desktop tray showing at bottom.
Wont allow me to save at all yet.

EDIT:
Still cant save back on ship.
The dad thing was stupid. Coulda just shared the helmet like divers share a tank...duhhhh.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:24 pm Alt tabbed and now I cannot go back to full screen. Closest I can get is a blue bar at top and my desktop tray showing at bottom.

Alt - Enter
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya did that. Didn't work. But TY.

Some stuff is a bit confusing or hard to do. Like I bought a piece of armor but have no idea how to equip it. I go to my INV and see it but I cant change into it. And the stores..ugh I dont know where to begin with stores. So much stuff and sometimes I cant compare items to what I have. Then I dont know what most are for. And then there is weapon mods like cryo ammo and such. I cant figure out how to mod them into my guns. In the other games it was pretty straight forward. here not at all. Im using default guns and armor .

Welp off to die on the first planet...after I look at everything in the starting system. I would have missed it all if the ship had not took off and forced me to return to the station. then I saw all the anomalies to check out in the system. I couldn't leave without my pet monkey.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just got my MAKO Nomad. Need to find some info on it. Like does it not have a gun on it?? Also the right mouse button makes the car 6" taller but I have no idea what that really does or why Id use it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont have a super clear character build going forward. I thought a little biotics and the rest shooty shooty. But then I saw I can be an engineer. I cannot pass up turrets in any shooting game. So my first 9 points got me the turret and made it better in the engineer side. Other than that I plan to put a lot of points into a fighter and Ill most likely spec in assault rifles unless you guys know some secret that makes that lame. So Ill be a assault rifle using engi who tosses turrets as much as possible. No biotics except that concussion I started with. If I can respec fully Ill most likely remove all biotics from myself.

For now Im hand lvl'n the group. Cora will be a shotgun using girl if I can equip them because her skill seems to give shotguns a large boost. Still seeing how much control and building path I have over my companions. I can already see its not as much as my own character so later I may just auto lvl them.

Right now it looks like I have Cora, Peebee, the krogan , the female turian and the other male human. Dont know all their names yet as I have been using Cora and the female turian. Any companions I should focus on? Since Im engi / shooter I figured I should take Cora for her biotics and Im just kinda alternating the 2nd slot with whoever for fun and testing right now.

So thoughts on my current stuff and future plans ? Good? Bad? Better way or am I doing alright? I just now finished Eros.

EDIT: Im using the warrior profile as thats all thats unlocked. Also could use opinions on profiles and their uses. Thinking later on to try engi unless there is a combo of engi warrior like there seems to be for warrior biotic.

EDIT: Does this have some kinda multiplayer? Or is it just deathwatch stuff? Anyone do that? I might be up for some.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant equip my squad. how very un ME like. Guess I just sell all the weps and such I dont use myself.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was using a tweak guide to test graphics tweaks on Andromeda and noticed a stream I liked was time for so went to watch twitch with Andromeda in the background tabbed. Man twitch was a slide show then just stopped streaming totally until I shut down Andromeda...wth is it doing in the background like that??
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This game has some stupid stuff in it. It wants me to go right straight back to Eros to plant a radio beacon of some such nonsense. I get back and even though one of the places is right beside camp I cant get to it because of radiation being too high. Ok so Ill go grab that plant the guy wants. NOPE radiation killed me. I have many places marked as quests yet I cant get to any of them because I die. Great story telling here Bioware.

And unlike previous ME games I have no where to go but the next quest planet. Very linear.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I run into the bad guys in front of me and my helmsman says they've got up against the scourge theres no where to go. WTF people. I ran into the bad guys in front of me and if Im surrounded by scourge then where the hell did I just come from?? How did I get here? Dumbass writers.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is there some kinda timer on fast travel so you cant use it so much? Sometimes it works for me and other times it doesn't. Usually it brings up the little button to fast travel but a bunch of times lately it just places a waypoint marker at the outpost Im trying to fast travel to.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Should I be doing everything on these planets or just follow the main line quests? I returned to Eos and theres TONS more and the map opened up...caches, side missions....is this how I find the arks or is it through the main line quests?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Whoever programmed this must not know about tapping someone on the shoulder and saying excuse me because you cant talk to anyone unless you can face them. If they are at a door a wall or a ta console at a weird angle you just cant speak to them . Or you have to wiggle around and find a good angle. Maybe the strangest design decision among so many. Or simply a badly overlooked feature.

EDIT: And now Im locked up at a black screen wit ha loading icon. I found a rock to scan and then sent it to the Nexus for study. Then I saw the scan icon again and thought it was something else I needed to do and scanned it again. Got the same cutscene as before but then it locked on me. Argh.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

On bug boon Ive gained on this frozen planet is I no longer get cold. I did when I got here...even died once from it...but since then I can stay out all day in it and live. I dont even have a cold bar any longer.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And now my cold bar i9s back inside the vault..weee.

EDIT: Seems to be back for good. Colony is planted and its still here. It might have been a interesting feature if it had worked the entire time. Then again it mighta been a huge annoyance.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My Remnant Architect fight may be bugged. It has retreated twice and my team keeps saying aim for the legs. But Ive done each leg and it just keeps spawning more bots. I got nothing to aim at on it.

Ive been fighting this thing for 45 minutes! All it says is shoot the legs then it release more drones. I cant kill it. Theres no more legs to shoot. $^$%^&$%^&$%& NOW IM MAD. All this work. Going to just have to quit.

EDIT: Did the entire thing in under 10 min this time. What a shitty bug .
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Gave the crazy AI to the aliens. I visited and when Im ready to stop talking my character says "Good luck" and the AI says "I hope you die"...hahahahahahah.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I get so used to my jumpjet that on Nexus I keep running into stuff trying to boost over it and I even got stuck once when I ran between a lamp and a couch.

Other than a few mining spots and caches that I have a perk for Ive completely cleared Eos, and shit I cant think of the aliens planets...Ayr, the ice one, and the swamp one. Ive got tons of side missions...honestly Ive gotten so many I dont look at them. I go to a planet Ive been to or the Nexus and simply go to all areas and talk to all people I can and look at my map for any quest markers.

I noticed that some side quests markers do not appear on planet maps. Not sure if thats a bug or if its forcing me to actively track certain quests. I hope not.

next stop the exiles planets...or a splinter group planet..not sure.

I cant get enough car paints and ship models..as usual :) And for the Nomad Ive not settled on a permanent paint yet. I change it multiple times per planet haha.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Am I alone in thinking the AVP points suck? I dont really see much worth taking. I have unused points.

I took all the commerce ones for some money. I dont research or develop anything so dont need any type of goods or materials. I dont do APEX missions. I just dont see a use for any of this AVP stuff. I have 32k in money. ALl I buy is car paint and mods and a gun every now and then. The reason I dont research or develop is because I cant tell the stats of the guns. Theres no damage numbers at all. Kinda silly to bother when in stores I can see that.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kinda stupid and a shame my ship has no guns. That would be fun ,...and smart. But then again the Normandy never did anything with any guns cept that one hands off cutscene.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Even though Ive finished the 3 original ME games multiple times I cant recall how it handles some side quest choices. But in ME Andromeda they dont seem to matter a bit. I can choose the bad evil one of the good one and nothing changes. Quest over. Is that right?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I can think of a couple choices that affect your companion’s opinion of you but nothing branching so far. Maybe some stat boost which have been lame.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why must the doors at Haven open Soooo slowly?? :)..A silly question ..Im not mad about it. Just strange.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I better ask before I possibly keep doing something stupid. Im engineer profile and use tech skills like turrt and drone. Am I right is only wearing tech armor? Adds to tech power and such.

Also Id give a lot for a gun on my Mako Nomad. I miss it.

EDIT: Side note ...I now have a miniature space hamster!!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just realized Ive done 3 full vaults and many planets of stuff and I dont know how to use consumables and have never used one. I seem to have cryo ammo and fire ammo installed. I need to look that up haha.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im starting to encounter more and more voice audio blanks. NPCs that are saying something to me make no sound at all. Its like a gap is there.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:37 am Why must the doors at Haven open Soooo slowly?? :)..A silly question ..Im not mad about it. Just strange.
I know exactly where you are talking about. You will soon be mad about it.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wish the voice in my head could tell me about how hot it is and the ambient temperatures are rising every time I go from inside any place to outside on Elaaden. Oh wait it does.

Also in a fake vault I fell and the reload failed so when I restarted my Nomad was inside with me. I drove it from place to place and ran over Remnant and knocked them around :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Fucking damn buggy ass damn game! Im doing the 3 fights for the badges and on the very first one I need to beat the guys time and kill the enemies. I kill 14 of 15 with 3 min left and there is no 15th enemy...anywhere there!!!!!!! I looked around and set up a turret and noting. Damn buggy game. I quit. I got too mad and just quit for the night. hell with it until I feel better.