Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Moliere

Re: Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

Post by Moliere »

With Sessions "quitting" it's time to fire up the Happy Hour!
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Chris Christie being considered to replace Sessions as attorney general
Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is being considered to replace Jeff Sessions as attorney general, two sources familiar with the matter tell CBS News. President Trump forced Sessions out as the nation's chief law enforcement officer on Wednesday, one day after Democrats captured the House in the midterm elections.

No decisions are expected soon, and the list of those being considered — which also includes Rudy Giuliani, outgoing Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, and former Attorney General William Barr, who served under President George H. W. Bush — is likely to grow in the coming days, CBS News chief White House correspondent Major Garrett reports.
:pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I thought the last words from 45 about Christie were...not flattering.

Is he really having that much trouble finding someone competent who will actually work with his administration?

Shocker.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The man that put Jared Kushner's father in federal prison? I can't imagine he'll be elevated to attorney general, no.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:56 am The man that put Jared Kushner's father in federal prison? I can't imagine he'll be elevated to attorney general, no.
Hopefully he just started the rumour to fuck with him. Couldn't happen to a nicer personal gain bridge closer.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Maybe if Giuliani gets it, he can afford alimony after his mistress payments.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hard to believe such a pos could occupy the position that Bobby Kennedy once ruled over.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Trump is preparing to remove Kirstjen Nielsen as Homeland Security secretary
President Trump has told advisers he has decided to remove Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, and her departure from the administration is likely to occur in the coming weeks, if not sooner, according to five current and former White House officials.

Trump canceled a planned trip with Nielsen this week to visit U.S. troops at the border in South Texas and told aides over the weekend that he wants her out as soon as possible, these officials said. The president has grumbled for months about what he views as Nielsen’s lackluster performance on immigration enforcement and is believed to be looking for a replacement who will implement his policy ideas with more alacrity.

The announcement could come as soon as this week, three of these officials said.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Kirstjen, we hardly knew ye.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

It makes me a bit happy inside to know that every one of these fuckwits that signed on with Trump is getting ruined by him.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Moliere wrote:Trump is preparing to remove Kirstjen Nielsen as Homeland Security secretary
President Trump has told advisers he has decided to remove Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, and her departure from the administration is likely to occur in the coming weeks, if not sooner, according to five current and former White House officials.

Trump canceled a planned trip with Nielsen this week to visit U.S. troops at the border in South Texas and told aides over the weekend that he wants her out as soon as possible, these officials said. The president has grumbled for months about what he views as Nielsen’s lackluster performance on immigration enforcement and is believed to be looking for a replacement who will implement his policy ideas with more alacrity.

The announcement could come as soon as this week, three of these officials said.
And his search continues for the perfect Himmler to carry out his immigration policy.

Yeah, I went there. It's just the times we live in. Also, stayed up too late binge watching some Man In the High Castle.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

gbasden wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:25 am It makes me a bit happy inside to know that every one of these fuckwits that signed on with Trump is getting ruined by him.
Trump called her a "Bushie," meaning she can't be loyal to him. Her main affront was insisting on following the immigration laws that it's her job to uphold. Sounds to me like she was one of the few good ones still holding on. But that's probably fake news. Deep state!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kraken wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 pm
gbasden wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:25 am It makes me a bit happy inside to know that every one of these fuckwits that signed on with Trump is getting ruined by him.
Trump called her a "Bushie," meaning she can't be loyal to him. Her main affront was insisting on following the immigration laws that it's her job to uphold. Sounds to me like she was one of the few good ones still holding on. But that's probably fake news. Deep state!
eh, calling her a "good one" is a little generous - she did oversee the family separation policy while lying about it. Now, is she going to be better than whomever Trump will name to succeed her? Almost certainly.
Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:42 am I thought the last words from 45 about Christie were...not flattering.

Is he really having that much trouble finding someone competent who will actually work with his administration?
You think he's looking for someone competent?! Bwah ha ha ha!!! Competency is way, WAY down the list of "things Trump is looking for in his cabinet picks"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:04 pm
Kraken wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 pm
eh, calling her a "good one" is a little generous - she did oversee the family separation policy while lying about it. Now, is she going to be better than whomever Trump will name to succeed her? Almost certainly.
Would competent be a better word to describe her, rather than good?

At least some reporting indicated that behind the scenes she was pushing to end the family separation policy while publicly she defended it. IIRC, she was on the short list as a possible author of the NYT "resistance" op-ed, although that would just make her self-serving more than one of the hypothetical "good" ones.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kraken wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 pm Trump called her a "Bushie," meaning she can't be loyal to him.
I really hope your definition for that is the right one in Trump's world. But I wouldn't be surprised if it had a different meaning to him.
This. He's managed to insult, demean and potentially ruin so many of his former supporters. I oftentimes feel it's just punishment for their idiocy. But at the end of the day, it's a measure of Trump's character that he can't help but betray his "friends".
Covfefe!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:20 pm I really hope your definition for that is the right one in Trump's world. But I wouldn't be surprised if it had a different meaning to him.
I didn't get Kraken's meaning until just now. A member of Bush's administration I assume? Before that I assumed it was something about "bush league" or amateur. I really, really doubt that your implied meaning is anywhere near factual, but of course you literally can never know with this guy.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:35 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:20 pm I really hope your definition for that is the right one in Trump's world. But I wouldn't be surprised if it had a different meaning to him.
I didn't get Kraken's meaning until just now. A member of Bush's administration I assume? Before that I assumed it was something about "bush league" or amateur. I really, really doubt that your implied meaning is anywhere near factual, but of course you literally can never know with this guy.
Here's the story I read this morning.
Nielsen has been reluctant to leave the administration before reaching the one-year mark as secretary on Dec. 6, but she has been unhappy in the job for several months, according to colleagues. Trump has berated her during Cabinet meetings, belittled her to other White House staff and tagged her months ago as a ‘‘Bushie,’’ a reference to her previous service under president George W. Bush and meant to cast suspicion on her loyalty.

When Nielsen has tried to explain the laws and regulations that prevent the government from drastically curtailing immigration or closing the border with Mexico, as Trump has suggested, the president has grown impatient and frustrated, aides said.
Colleagues who’ve worked closely with Nielsen and defend her performance at DHS say working for Trump on immigration issues is miserable because the president has an unrealistic view of border security and little patience for the intricacies of U.S. immigration law.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Trump's SE Regional EPA Director indicted in Alabama on Ethics charges:
Charges include multiple violations of Alabama’s Ethics Act, including soliciting a thing of value from a principal, lobbyist or subordinate, and receiving money in addition that received in one’s official capacity, according to the Alabama Ethics Commission.

Before being appointed by President Donald Trump to serve as the Region 4 administrator of the EPA, Trey Glenn worked closely with the Birmingham-based law firm Balch & Bingham and one of its clients, Drummond Co., to fight EPA efforts to test and clean up neighborhoods in north Birmingham and Tarrant...

...In July, a jury in federal court convicted Balch partner Joel Gilbert and Drummond vice president David Roberson on charges they bribed an Alabama lawmaker, Oliver Robinson, to help fight the EPA’s cleanup efforts in Tarrant and north Birmingham.

From 2014 through 2017, Glenn and Phillips worked with those defendants to oppose the EPA efforts, court exhibits and trial testimony showed.

More information on the scandal:

Robinson has pleaded guilty to pocketing at least $250,000 from his organizations, and in sworn testimony last month, he said he is still trying to account for which of his organizations' expenses were legitimate and which he used to enrich himself.

Also, testimony in court and court exhibits revealed what many in Montgomery suspected but could never prove: Robinson had been working for years under a confidential contract with Regions Bank at the same time Robinson served on the Alabama House Financial Services Committee.
And of course:
Robinson also used campaign funds to pay for an affair, investigators later found.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Kleptocracy.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Trey Glenn...Joel Gilbert...

Buncha mutherfucks with two first names. What can you expect?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Trump is reportedly dissatisfied with Mnuchin, blaming him for appointment of Fed chairman Powell
Trump appointed Mnuchin in 2016 and has asked advisers whether he should have asked someone else to fill the job. In a White House with high turnover, Trump's complaints concerned some of Mnuchin's supporters, according to the Journal.

Trump pointed to recent stock market volatility during a conversation with someone who praised Mnuchin's performance at the Treasury Department, the Journal reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.

"If he's so good, why is this happening?" Mr. Trump reportedly said.

In meetings with advisers, Trump has also expressed unhappiness with the Treasury Department's lack of support for tariffs against China.

In a statement to the Journal, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said: "The president has long been clear about his views on the Fed. He has a good relationship with Secretary Mnuchin and is thankful for all the work he does on behalf of his administration and the American people."
malchior

Post by malchior »

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:03 am Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta tied to sweetheart deal to protect pedophile ring master.

Unbelievable story. As in blood boiling rage unbelievable.
Sounds like someone has ambitions to be the next GOP nominee for an Alabama Senate seat.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh, the guy that had a bridge closed (no, really, he absolutely did and was smart enough to cover his tracks) is still on Trump's short list for AG?
Former Gov. Chris Christie is one of a few people who remain on President Donald Trump’s shortlist to be nominated to become the next U.S. attorney general, a source familiar with the situation confirmed to NJ Advance Media on Friday morning.

The list has whittled down in recent weeks, but Christie — a longtime friend and ally to Trump, a fellow Republican — is still “a top contender" and “checks all the boxes,” according to the source.

The source is not authorized to speak publicly about the matter and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The source added that Christie would be confirmed by the U.S. Senate easily, despite concern that the Bridgegate controversy and other issues might make him an uncertain choice.
Oh really? Seems to me it's like a match made in Heaven. Please Trump, take Chris Christie under your wing and suck him deep into your vortex of ultimate failure.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Going from a racist to someone who is merely corrupt is a step in the right direction, no?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Enlarge Image

:wink:
stessier

Post by stessier »

:lol: :lol:

How long have you been sitting on that cartoon?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:24 pm Going from a racist to someone who is merely corrupt is a step in the right direction, no?
And Christie is probably less corrupt than the Acting AG, if one can believe that.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:19 pm
The list has whittled down in recent weeks, but Christie — a longtime friend and ally to Trump, a fellow Republican — is still “a top contender" and “checks all the boxes,” according to the source.
I know he has no facial hair, but how tall is he?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:Oh, the guy that had a bridge closed (no, really, he absolutely did and was smart enough to cover his tracks) is still on Trump's short list for AG?
Former Gov. Chris Christie is one of a few people who remain on President Donald Trump’s shortlist to be nominated to become the next U.S. attorney general, a source familiar with the situation confirmed to NJ Advance Media on Friday morning.

The source is not authorized to speak publicly about the matter and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The source added that Christie would be confirmed by the U.S. Senate easily, despite concern that the Bridgegate controversy and other issues might make him an uncertain choice.
Oh really? Seems to me it's like a match made in Heaven. Please Trump, take Chris Christie under your wing and suck him deep into your vortex of ultimate failure.
Oh this will go over well with young Jared since Christie is the guy who prosecuted his father for illegal campaign contributions and tax evasion. Trump is the best father in law ever!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

William Barr, an Attorney General of the US during Bush 41's term, will be nominated by Trump to be the next Attorney General.

I wonder if he'll open up a Hillary Clinton investigation, since he's called for one in the past.
Hodor.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 am William Barr, an Attorney General of the US during Bush 41's term, will be nominated by Trump to be the next Attorney General.

I wonder if he'll open up a Hillary Clinton investigation, since he's called for one in the past.
So...an overtly partisan bootlicker.

Sadly, par for the course. :grund:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:39 am
pr0ner wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 am William Barr, an Attorney General of the US during Bush 41's term, will be nominated by Trump to be the next Attorney General.

So...an overtly partisan bootlicker.

Sadly, par for the course. :grund:
Also:

Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Barr is hardline about Presidential powers so this is a natural choice for Trump. Sessions had this viewpoint to an extent as well so this isn't a massive change in a sense. So I'm not psyched about it because our country is still in danger from constant attacks on democracy by the GOP but you have to figure this appointment doesn't change the "math" much.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:03 am Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta tied to sweetheart deal to protect pedophile ring master.

Unbelievable story. As in blood boiling rage unbelievable.
As the age old saying goes, it's about who you know, not about...

...the kids you raped.

The trail of ruined lives left in Epstein's wake is heartbreaking. And guys like Acosta compound the damage by justifying the victims' geatest fears. The fact that he is rewarded for it by the Administration is despicable.

I posted in the Weinstein thread about Epstein's latest slither away from facing any kind of when he settled a lawsuit a few days ago avoiding victim testimony in court.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

I honestly can't believe this is real.

Chief Executive wrote:Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The cause:
The fired secretary of state, who while in office reportedly called Trump a “moron” (and declined to deny it), expounded on his thoughts on the president in a rare interview with CBS News’s Bob Schieffer in Houston.

It wasn’t difficult to read between the lines. Tillerson said Trump is “pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read” and repeatedly attempted to do illegal things. He didn’t call Trump a “moron,” but he didn’t exactly suggest that Trump was a scholar — or even just a steady leader.

“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

Tillerson said Trump believes he is acting on his instincts rather than relying on facts. But Tillerson seemed to suggest that it resulted in impulsiveness.

“He acts on his instincts; in some respects, that looks like impulsiveness,” Tillerson said. “But it’s not his intent to act on impulse. I think he really is trying to act on his instincts.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Holman wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:16 pmI honestly can't believe this is real.
Right there with you. There's something deeply unsettling when I see an adult throw schoolyard insults publicly at another adult and mean it. There are no words when that person doing the insulting is the President of the USA.

I weep for our country and the permanent black stain we've created in the history books.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The underlying problem with it is that it demonstrates his severe lack of judgment - something that should be job requirement number one for a president.

Trust me, there are plenty of people I work with that I think are dumb as a rock and lazy as hell, but I'm not going to go tweet about it.