The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Pyperkub

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by Pyperkub »

malchior wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:31 pm Salon ties together the Butina story into an comprehensive narrative detailing the coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign using the NRA as a conduit. I believe that the GOP is going to protect Trump but I can't believe it in a way considering the damning story that is emerging. The collusion is looking like it is provable now. It was definitely illegal on the part of the people involved and it was directed from inside the President's campaign. Plus it was linked to actual FSB agents. This should make a nation tremble but I wonder if anything actually will happen.
Nice read.
Admitted Russian spy Maria Butina’s Republican operative boyfriend wrote in private communications that he was involved in setting up a “very private line of communication” between Russia and the Trump campaign using the National Rifle Association as a “conduit.”
Given that we already have evidence of illegal coordination between the Trump Campaign and the NRA, this is definitely a smocking gun, and could become a smoking gun, depending on Erickson.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Has anyone at this level and in this much legal jeopardy ever been this foolhardy? You have to give him credit he is not afraid to be a hugely big fucking moron.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

He spent one hour and one minute posting his four tweets this AM (which doesn't include the time to compose the first, so likely more like 75-80 minutes).
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

According to Donald Trump's logic, you hire a lawyer before killing someone. Then it's the lawyer who goes to jail, not you.

America elected the Irresponsible President.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:02 am He spent one hour and one minute posting his four tweets this AM (which doesn't include the time to compose the first, so likely more like 75-80 minutes).
That's because he takes the time to deliberate and craft and carefully state every little detail over his smocking hot covfefe.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:08 am
Zaxxon wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:02 am He spent one hour and one minute posting his four tweets this AM (which doesn't include the time to compose the first, so likely more like 75-80 minutes).
That's because he takes the time to deliberate and craft and carefully state every little detail over his smocking hot covfefe.
That's the ticket.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:26 am Has anyone at this level and in this much legal jeopardy ever been this foolhardy? You have to give him credit he is not afraid to be a hugely big fucking moron.

Wait, so now the payments are illegal again?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Look, I think what he’s trying to say is: WITCH HUNT!
Roman

Post by Roman »

Fox News actually has a 'bad' report about Trump? Did hell freeze over?

While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm thankful for Shep Smith on Fox. I'm still not giving them my viewing based dollars but I'm thankful.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Shep has always been the true journalist there. Still damn that segment was great. They discussed the facts, dropped in context from an expert, and explained potential inter-links with the Mueller investigation. All in about 5 minutes.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hope one day soon, we the American people, can say to Trump "YOU'RE FIRED!"

Ill also quietly add "You are the weakest link, goodbye!"
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Roman wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:32 pm Fox News actually has a 'bad' report about Trump? Did hell freeze over?

Aaaaaaand, that video's gone.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still playing for me. Now I got 2 videos that auto play on this page...echo echo
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Weird. I get a black box with the Fox News logo and a "sorry, but the video you're trying to play cannot be found" error message.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It may be in my cache.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:01 pm Still playing for me. Now I got 2 videos that auto play on this page...echo echo
This. Autoplay. Me no likey. OO cannot become CNN. Time to see how my flash pugins in firefox are changing. Akamia Adaptive Media player might just need to find it's way on a shitlist.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:59 pm Weird. I get a black box with the Fox News logo and a "sorry, but the video you're trying to play cannot be found" error message.
I also get that. I assume Fox pulled it after deciding it was fake news.
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

I just heard coverage (on NPR, no less) characterizing Maria Butina as "infiltrating" the NRA.

Um, no. It's fully known that she was offering the NRA access to Russian leaders, and it's very likely that this conduit was one of the avenues by which Russia helped Trump.

The NRA gave Trump more than twice as much money as they've given to recent GOP presidential tickets (even McCain/Palin), and they did it out of a fund that doesn't have to report its sources. Investigations into how much Russia pumped into this fund are ongoing.

I suppose we're supposed to accept that the NRA believed that a 20-something "Russian gun-rights activist" (gun-rights in Russia being a complete non-starter) had access to the highest levels of the Kremlin on the basis of her sunny personality alone.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm Um, no. It's fully known that she was offering the NRA access to Russian leaders, and it's very likely that this conduit was one of the avenues by which Russia helped Trump.
Excellent point. Whoever her conservative contact was (I don't remember and I don't care) had emails that explicitly discussed Russian help. I mean, at that point it's actively participating, not being duped.

Those involved should also be burned at the witch hunt stake, imo.
Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:58 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm Um, no. It's fully known that she was offering the NRA access to Russian leaders, and it's very likely that this conduit was one of the avenues by which Russia helped Trump.
Excellent point. Whoever her conservative contact was (I don't remember and I don't care) had emails that explicitly discussed Russian help. I mean, at that point it's actively participating, not being duped.

Those involved should also be burned at the witch hunt stake, imo.
And Butina arranged for the NRA top brass to visit Russia and meet Kremlin officials. The NRA knew that her patron was Aleksandr Torshin, one of Putin's close cronies. They met him in Moscow.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:10 pm And Butina arranged for the NRA top brass to visit Russia and meet Kremlin officials. The NRA knew that her patron was Aleksandr Torshin, one of Putin's close cronies. They met him in Moscow.
That's crazy. Wtf, NRA peeps. Wtf.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

For those getting the two videos auto-playing every time you come into this thread, click on the settings gear icon on the lower right hand corner of the video (pops up if you hover over the video). There's a switch to toggle the auto-play off.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Holman wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm I suppose we're supposed to accept that the NRA believed that a 20-something "Russian gun-rights activist" (gun-rights in Russia being a complete non-starter) had access to the highest levels of the Kremlin on the basis of her sunny personality alone.
They probably never stopped to think about it after she flashed a smile when they grabbed her by the pussy...
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Everyone may want to sit down for this bombshell, but it turns out Trump was in the room during hush money payment discussions with The Enquirer.

Shocking, I know.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Can we add Trump's inauguration committee to the list of Trump-related investigations?
President Donald Trump's 2017 inaugural committee is currently being investigated by federal prosecutors in New York for possible financial abuses related to the more than $100 million in donations raised for the event, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

Citing conversations with people familiar with the investigation, which is being handled by the US Attorney's office in Manhattan, the Journal reported that prosecutors are also looking into whether the committee accepted donations from individuals looking to gain influence or access to the new administration.

According to the Journal, sources told the paper that the investigation "partly arises out of materials seized in the federal probe of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's business dealings."
:pop:
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Jeez. We knew he was a shit bag grifter but he and his idiot clan just couldn't keep their hands out of every pocket. What a bunch of fucking morons.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:15 pm For those getting the two videos auto-playing every time you come into this thread, click on the settings gear icon on the lower right hand corner of the video (pops up if you hover over the video). There's a switch to toggle the auto-play off.
Thanks...but now mine are black boxes too. But the advice will be handy for the next time.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 pm Can we add Trump's inauguration committee to the list of Trump-related investigations?
President Donald Trump's 2017 inaugural committee is currently being investigated by federal prosecutors in New York for possible financial abuses related to the more than $100 million in donations raised for the event, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

Citing conversations with people familiar with the investigation, which is being handled by the US Attorney's office in Manhattan, the Journal reported that prosecutors are also looking into whether the committee accepted donations from individuals looking to gain influence or access to the new administration.

According to the Journal, sources told the paper that the investigation "partly arises out of materials seized in the federal probe of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's business dealings."
:pop:
He never directed the inaugural committee to break the law. They are supposed to know financial abuses. It's called campaigning and they'll be have great liability if a mistake was made. Despite that people are saying no crimes were committed.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

This is beautiful:

"Parkland’s David Hogg sends ‘thoughts and prayers' to the NRA's 'PR team’ after accused Russian agent pleads guilty"

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... as-pr-team
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:11 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:10 pm And Butina arranged for the NRA top brass to visit Russia and meet Kremlin officials. The NRA knew that her patron was Aleksandr Torshin, one of Putin's close cronies. They met him in Moscow.
That's crazy. Wtf, NRA peeps. Wtf.
They were quite literally emailing one another about reporting to Putin. :doh:
Like how dumb can you be? Is this hubris or just flat out stupidity? Do they not even read the spy novels? There's a reason why spies don't just hang and talk about their plans at McDonald's or call each other up to say when the bomb is going off.
What this makes me wonder about though are the spies that aren't knuckle- dragging morons and how much damage they're doing. It's the price of a free society, I get that but if it weren't for trump doing trump with Lester Holt, it's pretty doubtful we know any of this stuff.

And really dude (Erickson or whatever his name is)? You're a fat, balding middle aged white dude who lives on a ranch in South Dakota. And you really thought a hot 20-something girl was in to you? 🤣🤣🤣
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And you really thought a hot 20-something girl was in to you?
To be fair he was thinking the other way around. :)
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Brownells is now stocking 55 gallon drums of 5.56 and 7.62 for the impeachment. :mrgreen:
https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/ri ... 0%2bTO%2b*
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Haven't you heard? NRA standard is now 5.45.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Holman wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:58 am Haven't you heard? NRA standard is now 5.45.
Ha!
Or should I say "Xa!"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Whens this bastard get to start saying "Best cell ever. Biggest cell ever. Best toilet. Best giant gay cellmate ever" ?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Bigly!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

His worst nightmare: Trump's life under a legal microscope
Weeks of devastating legal revelations have left Donald Trump's political career clouded by criminality and his life, presidency and business empire under assault by relentless prosecutors on multiple fronts.
Simply put, Trump's campaign, transition, inaugural committee and presidency are now under active criminal investigation. His business -- the Trump Organization -- and his defunct charity -- The Trump Foundation are also under investigation (the charity investigation is a civil one). His college -- Trump University -- has already been deemed a fraud.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.