Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: 60 days sober!

Post by Isgrimnur »

Excellent news. Keep it up.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Getting "your house" in order is the most important thing in this thread. Build out from there. Congratulations and continued progress to you.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Paingod

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Entry level jobs I can do with a business degree?

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:28 pmImage
Winner!

Life is filled with way more "I wish I had done this sooner" moments than "I wish I hadn't done that" moments. For me, at least. If you're prone to making bad choices, your results may be skewed.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Jeff V

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Entry level jobs I can do with a business degree?

Post by Jeff V »

Paingod wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:06 am If you're prone to making bad choices, your results may be skewed.
Not always. Successful outcomes are usually expected outcomes and not noteworthy. Failure tends to be less forgettable, which is the root of the saying "we learn from our mistakes" as we are more likely to analyze what went wrong when things don't go as expected.
Black Lives Matter
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

On a somewhat related topic to the thread title, I didn't realize I was a "heavy drinker". I was trying to find reasons for some leg pain, which lead to Vitamin D shortage, which also lead to alcohol consumption can cause Vitamin D issues. When I read about that, I was like, "What is considered heavy drinking?" This turns out to be 15 drinks in a week.

After my fairly stressful job and commute, I was up to 2 drinks per day...usually wine or scotch. After my impending divorce, it started going 2.5 to 3 on certain days.

Now, I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic, but that was sobering (no pun initially intended).
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I hold up my dad as a template for alcoholic. He would put down a case (24) of beer a night, as well as a multitude of hard stuff. And then there was the drinks he'd have at the bar before work (he'd get the maintenance guy to serve him) and after work.

I am no where near that ball park, but I can do 3-4 on a week day and sometimes more on weekends.
Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Buatha wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:43 pm On a somewhat related topic to the thread title, I didn't realize I was a "heavy drinker". I was trying to find reasons for some leg pain, which lead to Vitamin D shortage, which also lead to alcohol consumption can cause Vitamin D issues. When I read about that, I was like, "What is considered heavy drinking?" This turns out to be 15 drinks in a week.

After my fairly stressful job and commute, I was up to 2 drinks per day...usually wine or scotch. After my impending divorce, it started going 2.5 to 3 on certain days.

Now, I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic, but that was sobering (no pun initially intended).
Back in my college years I worked at the university and lived right next door to all the bars. I would go there after I got off duty and drink every night. Never got drunk, but shall we say I certainly built my tolerance up. Usually averaged about 4-5 beers and 3-4 double bourbon and cokes a night. Did that for a couple of years, and one morning I woke up with a massive sinus infection and had a huge headache. I went to the bathroom to take some Tylenol/Advil/whatever I had in the cabinet, and read to see how many I could take. It read, "Do not use if you drink more than two alcoholic beverages per day." Oops.

Talk about a wakeup call. I continued to go out every night to the same bars, but stopped drinking anything other than coke or water for a month, just to see if there was an issue, and was relieved to discover there wasn't. Never went back to that level of drinking again, but that seriously made me take inventory of where I was at the time.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Congrats, Drazzil!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

We give Drazzil lots of shit in this thread but 2 months sober is a remarkable achievement.

Congrats!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It sure is. Always forward. Always!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

How's the job search?

Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Kinda worried now...
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:19 pm Kinda worried now...
Sorry, job search is going well. Still waiting on the DoR to authorize the testing I need. I also am looking into state jobs, specifically through the LEAP program. I celebrated a bday on thanksgiving, which was cool.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:19 pm Kinda worried now...
Sorry, job search is going well. Still waiting on the DoR to authorize the testing I need. I also am looking into state jobs, specifically through the LEAP program. I celebrated a bday on thanksgiving, which was cool.
No need for apologies, just wondering how everything is. Kinda glad to see you unplugged from here for a while. Sometimes it's best.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:12 pm Kinda glad to see you unplugged from here for a while. Sometimes it's best.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:00 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:12 pm Kinda glad to see you unplugged from here for a while. Sometimes it's best.
Not saying *I* would...

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Pork roast in electric smoker for 11 hrs straight. 99 cents
lb @ Stater Bros with a generous bark of [free!] Malibu seasoning. Easily the best meal I ever had in my life.
Last edited by Drazzil on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Congratz on the new job as a chef! That's awesome that all your hard work paid off. :clap:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Drazzil wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Pork roast in electric smoker for 11 hrs straight. 99 cents
lb @ Stater Bros with a generous bark of [free!] Malibu seasoning. Easily the best meal I ever had in my life.
Wow, Stater Bros is still around?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

YUM
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Passed out and collapsed twice last night

Post by Drazzil »

So last night, I wake up with a stabbing pain in my chest, not usual, but no real reason to take too much alarm. Sweating and dizziness proceed, I get up take two steps, pass out, hit the floor, get up take two more steps and hit the floor again. I wake up at my rooms threshhold feeling slightly better but still sweating. I make my way to the bathroom, piss, eat three asprin, and call the paramedics.

They run an EKG on me and find nothing, take pulse and nothing. I am feeling better so I head into the Urgent care this morning. I go in describe symptoms, and they do BP, EKG, blood tests and inform me that the DMV will be suspending my license because I repeatedly told them I passed put.

I get test results [clean so far]as and am told will need to see a cardiologist and neurologist. I also manage to lawyer my way out of telling the. doc and nurse I passed out. At least until doc tells me that protocol for treating a non loss of consciousness is different then a LoC. Then asked me which I wanted.

Losing my license for a six months wont make my goals impossible, just more difficult. And I am nervous about what they will find as cause of last nights fun.

I'm taking this better then I thought I would. Perhaps it's because I'm sober.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Did they test your blood sugar?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Did you eat the whole pork roast?
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

morning sickness?
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I wonder if there is a reason they don't want seizure prone individuals behind the wheel. Nah, just hide it from the doctors.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 pm I wonder if there is a reason they don't want seizure prone individuals behind the wheel. Nah, just hide it from the doctors.
It definitely wasent one.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:42 pm Did they test your blood sugar?
Low normal.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scuzz wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:36 pm morning sickness?
Last I checked I was a man.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:07 pm Did you eat the whole pork roast?
No.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:56 pm

It's been about 90 days, right? I think your be past most of the physical effects by now but I'm not a doctor.

How were tryglicerides?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:53 am
Drazzil wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:56 pm

It's been about 90 days, right? I think your be past most of the physical effects by now but I'm not a doctor.

How were tryglicerides?
No no no what I meant was I am dealing with this better emotionally then if I were still drinking actively and smoking weed.

I should check on those. I did loads of tests yesterday.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So, did you manage to hit the floor twice and not injure yourself at all?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Could be a panic attack? Also, sometimes getting up too quickly in the middle of the night can cause people (men especially, I believe) to pass out due to low blood pressure. Happened to me once (but not since) five or six years back.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:36 am So, did you manage to hit the floor twice and not injure yourself at all?
Yes, my elbows are quite swollen and sore though. I thank god I was able to put my arms in front of me both times I think.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:14 am Could be a panic attack? Also, sometimes getting up too quickly in the middle of the night can cause people (men especially, I believe) to pass out due to low blood pressure. Happened to me once (but not since) five or six years back.
Definitely not a panic attack.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Never heard the license yanking .CA is a weird state.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:28 am Never heard the license yanking .CA is a weird state.
I really haven't decided how I will deal with having my license yanked. I might just blow it off and drive anyway. Taking the bus around here is an initiation to be robbed, raped or murdered. Lots of people get "pressed" if they look like a target (and unfortunately I do). Another route is to just go out less. I don't need to go out and do things much lately, and I think I could draft friends and acquaintances to drive me where I need to go. I can even get groceries without going anywhere. I can look for work online so no issues there.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

My biggest issue is getting to daily meetings and staying sober if I lose my license.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:56 am
Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:28 am Never heard the license yanking .CA is a weird state.
I really haven't decided how I will deal with having my license yanked. I might just blow it off and drive anyway.

That would be a horrible decision that will have ramifications you probably haven't thought of... like, losing a job (once you get it), losing your license forever, jail time... Go to the doctor, get checked out, explain your situation, see if they can do anything if you check out.

Defy the law, you're asking for trouble, more than what you want. God forbid you get into an accident or hurt someone. They will throw down the hammer on you.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"