Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

em2nought

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Passed out and collapsed twice last night

Post by em2nought »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:57 am My biggest issue is getting to daily meetings and staying sober if I lose my license.
If you voiced those concerns at a meeting I'd think they might be able to set you up with a ride? :think:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

naednek wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:02 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:56 am
Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:28 am Never heard the license yanking .CA is a weird state.
I really haven't decided how I will deal with having my license yanked. I might just blow it off and drive anyway.

That would be a horrible decision that will have ramifications you probably haven't thought of... like, losing a job (once you get it), losing your license forever, jail time... Go to the doctor, get checked out, explain your situation, see if they can do anything if you check out.

Defy the law, you're asking for trouble, more than what you want. God forbid you get into an accident or hurt someone. They will throw down the hammer on you.
At this point I am more afraid of what the people would do to me if I get caught around the wrong person. There was a gun battle up the street with automatic weapons just this week.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

em2nought wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:25 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:57 am My biggest issue is getting to daily meetings and staying sober if I lose my license.
If you voiced those concerns at a meeting I'd think they might be able to set you up with a ride? :think:
Asked but none came forward.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I helped this homeless guy who I've seen a lot at my meetings. Bought him a cheap [less then $10] change of clothes, let him take a shower, and shave. I was extremely careful. I didn't let him close the bathroom door I didn't feed him inside either. I gave him a bar of soap, a load of canned food, some of the pork roast wrapped up in a towel, four more rolls of TP some plain pork rinds, two packaged entmens pies. A few days ago I also bought him tp and. a toothbrush and some paste.

I also didn't let him leave anything inside when he showered. Better an oz of paranoia then a ton of damage. I also fed him a home cooked bfast, eggs pancakes and fried pork shoulder.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

naednek wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:02 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:56 am
Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:28 am Never heard the license yanking .CA is a weird state.
I really haven't decided how I will deal with having my license yanked. I might just blow it off and drive anyway.

That would be a horrible decision that will have ramifications you probably haven't thought of... like, losing a job (once you get it), losing your license forever, jail time... Go to the doctor, get checked out, explain your situation, see if they can do anything if you check out.

Defy the law, you're asking for trouble, more than what you want. God forbid you get into an accident or hurt someone. They will throw down the hammer on you.
I'm sorry, what I meant to say is thank you and msg recieved. 😁
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:29 pm I helped this homeless guy who I've seen a lot at my meetings. Bought him a cheap [less then $10] change of clothes, let him take a shower, and shave. I was extremely careful. I didn't let him close the bathroom door I didn't feed him inside either. I gave him a bar of soap, a load of canned food, some of the pork roast wrapped up in a towel, four more rolls of TP some plain pork rinds, two packaged entmens pies. A few days ago I also bought him tp and. a toothbrush and some paste.

I also didn't let him leave anything inside when he showered. Better an oz of paranoia then a ton of damage. I also fed him a home cooked bfast, eggs pancakes and fried pork shoulder.

Then I took him to the laundrymat and do his clothes.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Amazon Prime has me covered for groceries when I can't draft someone to help me. Maybe if I call the AA central office Ican be covered for meetings.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

It could be your body adjusting to not being full of booze and tobacco and pot, trying to find a way back to baseline. But there are actual doctors in this thread too so don't listen to me.

Have you coughed up any tar babies yet? I remember my smoking friends having that occur when they quit. Might not be a thing for you depending on how hard-core you were with the cigars.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

No I still smoke cigars.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

killbot737 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:28 pm It could be your body adjusting to not being full of booze and tobacco and pot, trying to find a way back to baseline. But there are actual doctors in this thread too so don't listen to me.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not a doctor either, but a battery of tests that returned nothing are a pretty good indicator that this was mostly lingering substance withdrawal symptoms (probably mixed with a good dose of anxiety attack, despite Drazzil being convinced otherwise).
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

gilraen wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:07 pm
killbot737 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:28 pm It could be your body adjusting to not being full of booze and tobacco and pot, trying to find a way back to baseline. But there are actual doctors in this thread too so don't listen to me.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not a doctor either, but a battery of tests that returned nothing are a pretty good indicator that this was mostly lingering substance withdrawal symptoms (probably mixed with a good dose of anxiety attack, despite Drazzil being convinced otherwise).
I know what a panic attack feel like, this aint it. I was completely relaxed. Well until stabbing pain in chest and dizziness started.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

how old are you Drazz?

my first thought was a-fib and getting a Holter monitor but you are young.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Xmann wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:58 pm how old are you Drazz?

my first thought was a-fib and getting a Holter monitor but you are young.
Funny you mention that. I was born Nov 22 1982. I miscalculated my age a year older then I was, so. I get to be 36 twice.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That's some pretty good weed.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:42 pm That's some pretty good weed.
I'm sober for 3 months today.

I know I shouldn't, but I sort of resent the insinuation otherwise. I communicate all my issues here. If I relapsed, I would tell it here [why the hell not, you guys know everything else]
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:42 pm That's some pretty good weed.
PS: Yeah it was. I had an eye for the best. My weed brought both the sticky and the icky. 8-)

Sorry if I got touchy earlier.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

PS: Theres a new Wenchell's in town. They gifted me a dozen donuts as a "how do you do" when I asked nicely. Their donuts are the BEST.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Maybe you have the Diabetes? Cha cha cha!

(That was a thing when I was a kid, it never made sense then, still doesn't.)
There is no hug button. Sad!
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:11 pm
I see you've finally been able to start that coin collection. :wink:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

killbot737 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:38 pm Maybe you have the Diabetes? Cha cha cha!

(That was a thing when I was a kid, it never made sense then, still doesn't.)
Quite possible. Every time they check me it comes up negative. My doctor screens me every year excidedly and she seems disappointed every year it comes up a negative. Like every year. I have risk factors. Overweight. Somewhat poor diet, smoker. Every year, negative.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

When my latest shipment of cigars runs out. I will be quitting smoking again. Can no longer afford them. I am no longer employed until I find my next job. God help me. Its going to be hard.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Not as hard as quitting weed or booze though.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 am
Jaymann wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 pm I wonder if there is a reason they don't want seizure prone individuals behind the wheel. Nah, just hide it from the doctors.
It definitely wasent one.
It also doesn't matter. If they don't know what's wrong with you, not driving is for everyone's safety. "I didn't have a seizure" is shitty relief to a family that just lost it's mother and two children to a guy who passed out behind the wheel and crossed the center line.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Paingod wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 am
Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 am
Jaymann wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 pm I wonder if there is a reason they don't want seizure prone individuals behind the wheel. Nah, just hide it from the doctors.
It definitely wasent one.
It also doesn't matter. If they don't know what's wrong with you, not driving is for everyone's safety. "I didn't have a seizure" is shitty relief to a family that just lost it's mother and two children to a guy who passed out behind the wheel and crossed the center line.
In other... happier news. I've been thinking of trying to go to work for Amazon. I have a fulfillment center up the street. Walking doesent scare me, and this sounds like 95% of the job. I have previous picking and warehouse experience so this won't be a surprise. If it doesen't work out, no loss, no issue. I think I am going to be totally honest about my faults and problems ans see if they still want me.

If it does work out, I can go where ever I want, transfer to Portland, get an RV, park on premises. Whatever!
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:20 amIf it does work out, I can go where ever I want, transfer to Portland, get an RV, park on premises. Whatever!
I worked with a technician in Minnesota who would park his RV on premises for about six weeks at a time when we were in full-blown Engineering Verification Testing mode. He was the primary technician trained on the shock and vibration equipment and the only technician the Engineering team would trust to do the testing. During EVT prime time he'd generally put in 6 12-16 hour days a week, for about a month and a half. He was a great guy, and folks from the design side would frequently show up in his RV with a 12-pack and knock back beers with him until he had to crash so he could get up early the next morning.

Western Digital had _no problem_ letting him set up his RV on site. (His home was about 45 minutes away, AFAICR, and he lived alone.) He almost always had a great attitude about all the work (the full-fledged OT pay certainly helped!) except when the design team gave him a crappy product to test.

Also you need to not generate time-sensitive subject lines (unless you're planning on passing out and collapsing every night).
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Job Search!

Post by Drazzil »

fixed!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:11 pm I'm sober for 3 months today.
:clap:
Isgrimnur

Drazzil Mega Thread: Job Search!

Post by Isgrimnur »

Start making plans to spend January working on what you need when the companies come back in February.

Talk to the counselors about your resume, company research tactics, cover letters, etc.

And work on and test your interview skills.
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:25 pm Start making plans to spend January working on what you need when the companies come back in November.

Talk to the counselors about your resume, company research tactics, cover letters, etc.

Job fairs on my campus are a complete waste of time, besides I want to work before NEXT November.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:51 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:25 pm Start making plans to spend January working on what you need when the companies come back in November.

Job fairs on my campus are a complete waste of time, besides I want to work before NEXT November.
The career counseling and interview testing will not be a waste of time. And the companies coming to the fairs will be looking to hire spring graduates. As you are already graduated, they might be able to fast track you.

And if you have interest in a particular field, perhaps you should research and network to learn more about it so you have a leg up on every wet-behind-the-ears senior.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:59 pm
Drazzil wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:51 pm

The career counseling and interview testing will not be a waste of time. And the companies coming to the fairs will be looking to hire spring graduates. As you are already graduated, they might be able to fast track you.

And if you have interest in a particular field, perhaps you should research and network to learn more about it so you have a leg up on every wet-behind-the-ears senior.
Yep. okay. I see what you did there! nodnod.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And by November, I mean February. :shifty:
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 pm And by November, I mean February. :shifty:
:dance:
naednek

Post by naednek »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 pm And by November, I mean February. :shifty:
I saw that, but thought you just like to be extra prepared.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Man my cats love following me from room to room. Tails up! going to the living room? okay! were going to the living room. Going to the bedroom? okay! we'll chill on the bed or on your chair with you! going to the kitchen? oh! dinner. time! we'll line up for chow! going to the bathroom? we wont follow you, we dont want a bath, but we'll watch you with wide eyes! going out? we'll wait around but when you come home we'll crowd the door to greet you!

My cats love me.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

opening the window to smoke? Time to sun!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Drazzil wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:01 pm
My cats love me.
My dog does the same thing. She has no human emotions though, just an unrealistic expectation that someday I will spontaneously combust into a pile of kibble.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:47 pm
Drazzil wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:01 pm
My cats love me.
My dog does the same thing. She has no human emotions though, just an unrealistic expectation that someday I will spontaneously combust into a pile of kibble.
I keep my cats well fed. Its always on hand and in dish so they dont fight over food. That particular need is very well cared for. My cats eat better then I do.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I have discovered that I seem to have a major talent for cooking and baking. I am much better at it then most.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

February 19th is the hospitality job fair. I'm sure that there will be opportunities there.

Also, you can probably get a job as a dishwasher and see about working your way up if you were so inclined.