The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

MonkeyFinger

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:43 pm Oh, and Trump isn’t going to let Mattis finish out his time, presumably because Fox News finally got around to telling him what a “fuck you” Mattis’ resignation letter really was. He is being replaced immediately with the Deputy...who also just happens to be a Boeing guy. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Re: Patrick Shanahan - "Aides say that Mr. Trump likes him in part because he often tells the president that he is correct to complain about the expense of defense systems."
-mf
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

MonkeyFinger wrote:Re: Patrick Shanahan - "Aides say that Mr. Trump likes him in part because he often tells the president that he is correct to complain about the expense of defense systems."
As long as they’re from Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics...
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:05 pm
MonkeyFinger wrote:Re: Patrick Shanahan - "Aides say that Mr. Trump likes him in part because he often tells the president that he is correct to complain about the expense of defense systems."
As long as they’re from Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics...
But maybe he can finally get Trump to use the correct phone.
If President Trump is in fact still tweeting from a personal device (as evidence from his timeline and reports seem to corroborate), it's unlikely he has adopted the Boeing Black full time. After all, that type of secure system won't run Twitter — and the president has made it clear he will continue using the platform no matter what, even if he destroys it.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

:doh:

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Enlarge Image
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

malchior wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:45 pm :doh:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I am all alone (poor me) in the White House waiting for the Democrats to come back and make a deal on desperately needed Border Security. At some point the Democrats not wanting to make a deal will cost our Country more money than the Border Wall we are all talking about. Crazy!
This could have all been avoided if someone had just saved him a slice of cheese pizza. Poor Trump.
Good news though, it looks like he's moved on from self pity and has started drafting up his own plan for security.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

He's the best deal maker.

I get what I want or I hold my breath until I do.

I can't get over how hilariously bad he is at this.

Is anyone still in Washington or have they all gone home for Christmas? He's gonna be holding his breath for a long time...
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They all went home. It's just captain moron pulling his pud.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently, the salaries not being paid during the shutdown will pay for the wall? :think:

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Bejeebus, what a maroon... shutdown money? Nothing about this saves any money, it will cost us more in the long run. :evil:
-mf
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:21 pm Bejeebus, what a maroon... shutdown money? Nothing about this saves any money, it will cost us more in the long run. :evil:
I think he's referring to the $5B he's extorting.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I am amused that drumpf thinks that journalists who have built their careers on political reporting have somehow got it wrong and he's the one who really knows what's going on. Dude. I wouldn't trust you to give visitors an accurate tour of your desk.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Donald Trump, answering phone call from 7-year-old on Christmas Eve: "Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at seven it's marginal, right?"
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Smoove_B wrote:
Donald Trump, answering phone call from 7-year-old on Christmas Eve: "Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at seven it's marginal, right?"
WTF? They need to just give up on this PR stunts with him. He is hopeless.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

To me it looks like the normal way him and his paid for wife talk to each other. Here I imagine them wishing each other a Merry Christmas. That or she is checking if its been long enough that the pre nup can be amended.

And his head fur is crooked.

And he said that to a 7 year old?? The parent should show up and slap him. At least he didn't ask the kid if that was his boat or some such.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Scoop20906 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:29 am
Smoove_B wrote:
7-year-old's reply: "Do you still believe you're the POTUS? Because that's looking more and more marginal every day, right?"

Earlier today Trump tweeted that he was all alone in the WH. Surprised to see Melania there...guess she doesn't count.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Scoop20906 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:29 am
Smoove_B wrote:
He's an asshole. In his defense,(such as it is) I'm sure he never spent anytime with his kids at that age doing 'Christmas themed things' so yeah probably has no real idea of how this works (hmm, that sounds familiar).
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
malchior

Post by malchior »

Kraken wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:21 amEarlier today Trump tweeted that he was all alone in the WH. Surprised to see Melania there...guess she doesn't count.
She flew back later in the day.
Scoop20906

The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Scoop20906 »

malchior wrote:
Kraken wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:21 amEarlier today Trump tweeted that he was all alone in the WH. Surprised to see Melania there...guess she doesn't count.
She flew back later in the day.
He needed her out of there Pronto so Hope could come over.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

President Maroon
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Girl in Trump call still believes in Santa
Collman's parents later said they had no issue with the way Mr Trump spoke to their daughter, and said the president's remark was unfairly politicised.

"I think it's crazy it became a big deal. It's Christmas time," Collman's father Donald J Lloyd told Buzzfeed.

"I'd love to keep politics out of Christmas. It didn't bother me - I like to talk to my kids like adults."
. . . said the guy who allowed his child to be used in a political PR event. :coffee:

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:46 am Girl in Trump call still believes in Santa
Collman's parents later said they had no issue with the way Mr Trump spoke to their daughter, and said the president's remark was unfairly politicised.

"I think it's crazy it became a big deal. It's Christmas time," Collman's father Donald J Lloyd told Buzzfeed.

"I'd love to keep politics out of Christmas. It didn't bother me - I like to talk to my kids like adults."
. . . said the guy who allowed his child to be used in a political PR event. :coffee:
My understanding is that it wasn't really up to the family. She called NORAD to find out where Santa was, and was asked if she wanted to speak with the President.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

msteelers wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:11 am My understanding is that it wasn't really up to the family. She called NORAD to find out where Santa was, and was asked if she wanted to speak with the President.
Omfg, if that's true, it makes the whole thing even more heinous, and the father covering for the president especially awful.

Dude, your daughter called NORAD to find out where Santa was, and the POTUS strongly suggested that belief is Santa is something you grow out of. That's like going to your minister for spiritual advice and having him strongly imply that there is no god.

It's totally unfair that the minister be called on it.

I'm sure the mom agrees with the dad. Assuming her name is Maureen O'Hara that is, otherwise...
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Social media Dan Rather is the best Dan Rather.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:40 am Social media Dan Rather is the best Dan Rather.
He's learned from the president that you can't be fired for not checking your sources.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 am and the POTUS strongly suggested that belief is Santa is something you grow out of. That's like going to your minister for spiritual advice and having him strongly imply that there is no god.
Last week a friend asked my 5-year old son if he was excited for Santa to come. He replied, "there is no Santa, just daddy pretending to be Santa." Although she is only 2, while she's becoming familiar with all of the holiday trappings, there is no indication my daughter believes that happy horseshit either. Don't deceive them in the first place, and you don't need to deal with disillusionment down the road.
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

msteelers wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:11 am
Max Peck wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:46 am Girl in Trump call still believes in Santa

My understanding is that it wasn't really up to the family. She called NORAD to find out where Santa was, and was asked if she wanted to speak with the President.
If her parents were able to shoot a video of the exchange, they had the opportunity to decide whether or not to participate.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

She should have told him she saw a report on Santa by Sean Hannity.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jeff V wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:43 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 am and the POTUS strongly suggested that belief is Santa is something you grow out of. That's like going to your minister for spiritual advice and having him strongly imply that there is no god.
Last week a friend asked my 5-year old son if he was excited for Santa to come. He replied, "there is no Santa, just daddy pretending to be Santa." Although she is only 2, while she's becoming familiar with all of the holiday trappings, there is no indication my daughter believes that happy horseshit either. Don't deceive them in the first place, and you don't need to deal with disillusionment down the road.
Right. That's the problem. Believing in Santa. Another useful insight, thanks Jeff.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Damn kids trying to have some joy before it gets crushed by turds like Trump. I hate this timeline so much. I want to just be frozen until this dude is out of office.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:48 pm
msteelers wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:11 am

If her parents were able to shoot a video of the exchange, they had the opportunity to decide whether or not to participate.

Also does NORAD have standing orders to direct incoming little girl Santa calls to the President? I would assume that this was pre-arranged beforehand.
Black Lives Matter.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:05 pm
Right. That's the problem. Believing in Santa. Another useful insight, thanks Jeff.
Apparently a 7-year was defined as being a problem, so yes. And it is a problem with an easy solution.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jeff V wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:10 pm Apparently a 7-year was defined as being a problem, so yes. And it is a problem with an easy solution.
Super. A great window into your mind. In the future, please keep the shades closed.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jeff V wrote:
GreenGoo wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:05 pm
Apparently a 7-year was defined as being a problem, so yes. And it is a problem with an easy solution.
On the good news side, she's lucky she isn't Guatemalan.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

He's still a dimwit but I kind of laughed at his response to the girl about Santa.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Now we know why Eric is so marginal. He was made that way by age 7.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Trump pays a surprise visit to troops in Iraq (which is good), then uses that visit as an opportunity to compromise a covert SEAL team deployment via social media (which is typical Trump).

Donald Trump Twitter Account Video Reveals Covert U.S. Navy SEAL Deployment During Iraq Visit
President Donald Trump and the White House communications team revealed that a U.S. Navy SEAL team was deployed to Iraq after the president secretly traveled to the region to meet with American forces serving in a combat zone for the first time since being elected to office.

While the commander-in-chief can declassify information, usually the presence of a special operations unit, to include, showing their faces would not be revealed to the American public, especially while the U.S. service members were still deployed. Current and former Defense Department officials told Newsweek that the information is almost always classified and is a violation of operational security.
The deployments of special operation forces, including Navy SEALs are almost classified events, as to protect those men and women that are on the front lines of every overt and covert conflict the United States is involved in,” a Defense Department official told Newsweek on condition of anonymity.

“Even during special operation demonstrations for congressional delegations or for the president or vice president, personnel either have their faces covered or their face is digitally blurred prior to a release to the general public,” the official said.

The president’s video did not blur the faces of special operation forces.

"I don't recall another time where special operation forces had to pose with their faces visible while serving in a war zone,” the Pentagon official said.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

JTF2 members aren't even identified as such in the forces HR system. They have no next of kin listed. Their addresses are classified.

And yes, having full access and enough time would allow you to data mine the information, or at least narrow it down.

It's not a very good system, but it illustrates the secretive nature of special forces units.