Great 1070TI Deal

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Octavious

Great 1070TI Deal

Post by Octavious »

This is the best price I've ever seen for this card AND it comes with Monster Hunter World as a nice bonus.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... 70_ti.html

Ordered mine yesterday and should have it tomorrow. :horse: I'll be putting my 1060 3g up for sale btw. I'll add that to the trading forum.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Exodor

Re: Great 1070TI Deal

Post by Exodor »

Nice price but I want my system as silent as possible and that blower card will probably be pretty noisy. :cry:

They do have an "Ultra Silent" card for $399 - same price as on Amazon.

Still, the 1070TI is probably the most affordable upgrade to my 970 - at least until the 2060s come out. But with Nvidia's pricing scheme those will probably be crazy overpriced.
Last edited by Exodor on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Reviews I read said it wasn't loud so hopefully they aren't lying to me. :lol: I'll be letting the 1060 go for pretty cheap btw. I'm just trying to cut some of the price out of the new card. It's a great card if you are only doing 1080P. I have a really good computer and want to go at least a year playing stuff on the super high settings.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Damn! It isn't an option, but that's still a really good deal.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Reading into it more and I think I did pick the right card for me. My case doesn't have the best cooling and tossing the air out the back is better for my situation. Sure it may be slightly slower than the more custom ones but it's a minimal difference for me. And I play with headphones 100 percent of the time. Can't wait to chuck it in tomorrow and run it through some games.

em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Octavious wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:12 am This is the best price I've ever seen for this card AND it comes with Monster Hunter World as a nice bonus.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... 70_ti.html

Ordered mine yesterday and should have it tomorrow. :horse: I'll be putting my 1060 3g up for sale btw. I'll add that to the trading forum.
Makes me a bit sorry I just used my ink rewards to get an ASUS 1030. Oh wait, never mind I thought it was $119. LMAO
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Exodor wrote:Nice price but I want my system as silent as possible and that blower card will probably be pretty noisy. :cry:
Yeah, same here. I like my rig silent, and it’s MUCH easier these days (and cheaper) to accomplish that than it was a few years ago.

EVGA’s SC or FTW lines are the cards with the quiet fans I think.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya I'm kind of regretting it a bit. Runs great, but it certainly can get pretty loud. Oh well lesson learned. :lol:

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

They (B&H) also have the SC version for $360, includes Fortnite Frenzy and MH: World, free shipping

https://slickdeals.net/f/12565174-evga- ... =frontpage

Pretty sure the SC version is one of the quietest versions of a 1070ti based on research (at least, it's on my list of about 6 or 7 versions that were deemed to be very quiet relative to other 1070's).

FWIW, here's the list from my Evernote...note:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Asus Rog Strix OC
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X (quieter than Asus)
MSI 1070 Quick Silver OC
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z
EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0
Gig 1070 Xtreme Gaming 8

Obviously I was looking at 1070's, but I assume the same "nicknames" are used for the ti models as well, indicating what coolers/fans are used.

Edit: Yep, check this out - list of tons of current gen cards and their dB levels at idle and full load - the SC is the third quietest model on both tests:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/e ... ew,11.html
Jag

Post by Jag »

Pulled the trigger on an EVGA RTX 2080 and should have it in a about a week. Bought a Gigabyte RTX 2070, but it died after 6 days. I'm figuring the 2080 is going to die as well, I don't have any faith in these new RTX cards NVIDIA is pushing right now.

I would definitely recommend sticking with the 10__ series for now.