Games Finished 2018!

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Blackhawk

Re: Games Finished 2018!

Post by Blackhawk »

Yesterday I finished Middle Earth: Shadow of War. It was good, fun action. Not too deep, and there were maybe a few too many systems going on, but it was well worth the time. It was, however, and open world game, and with me that means playing to find every nook and cranny. By the time I finished I'd had a blast, but I was starting to feel that it was enough, and wasn't up to the DLC.

Today I finished Legend of Grimrock. This is a playthrough I started clear back in 2014. I think I picked up on level 6 or 7. Great game, and I loved it. I do have some criticisms, though. Too many of the puzzles weren't things you had to think through. They were either pixel hunts (scour three rooms looking for the stone with a chip), or they were so obtuse that you were reduced to trial and error, with clues that only made sense after you solved them. Hopefully they polished that up a bit in the sequel. Still, I'm glad I played!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:16 pm Sniper Elite. Yes, the first one.

I had to restart the Schloss mission because it got saved in a state where the AI ally would drive the truck into the other truck and crash, killing himself and losing the mission.
Sniper Elite V2. Very much more a shorter, console-targeted game than the first.
Sniper Elite 3.

Lots more of shooting Nazis in the face.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
huggo015

Post by huggo015 »

Hello!

...aaand goodbye.
Last edited by LawBeefaroni on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed spam
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Always a good time. :roll:
I have but one advocate.
Montag

Post by Montag »

Finished Dark Souls 3. I have now completed all three with combined total of 599 hours.
words
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Montag wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:55 pm Finished Dark Souls 3. I have now completed all three with combined total of 599 hours.
599 hours is kind of nuts. I haven't finished any of them. I think I got the furthest into the original, but nowhere close to finishing. I played Bloodborne first and the Souls games felt like a step backwards to me after that.

My souls-like record (I played Bloodborne on PS4 not sure on total playtime, I also completed The Surge on PS4 a few times before buying it on PC as well):

DARK SOULS™: Prepare To Die Edition
19.1 hrs on record

DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED
2.5 hrs on record

DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin

DARK SOULS™ III
20 hrs on record

Nioh: Complete Edition
61 hrs on record

The Surge
30 hrs on record

Lords Of The Fallen
6.9 hrs on record
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just finished the Titanfall 2 campaign. I really, really liked it. Great graphics, great story, and fantastic controls. When I have watched video or streams of it being played in multiplayer, it look complex and confusing as hell, but pulling off the moves was smooth and only took seconds to learn. The whole thing was surprisingly polished.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Balder's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And just in time, Diablo 3 + DLC. I played as a barbarian on hard. It wasn't all that hard - I never died. I'm trying to decide whether the gameplay is deep enough to justify the multiple playthroughs that the game is designed for.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

With the expansion it isn't really designed for multiple playthroughs anymore like the earlier games. You play through once for the story then switch to the other mode (adventure mode?) and never play through linearly again.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I suppose I could kind of count Assassin's Creed: Odyssey "finished" in 2018. I completed all the major story quest lines, and I've spent the last few days just running around picking up side quests and discovering unknown locations.