The John Delaney Sideshow

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

The John Delaney Sideshow

Post by Isgrimnur »

WBUR
"I think the central issue facing this country is how deeply divided we are — you know, where American has been increasingly pitted against American. And I think if this continues, these divisions we have in this country, we're looking at a future where every political disagreement is met with some form of violent protests, where we're in a world where we're completely incapable of actually getting anything done because no one can actually come together and agree on anything or find common ground. So I think the central issue facing this country is how do we take this terribly divided nation and bring it back together. And that's why I'm running."
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Fitzy

Re: The John Delaney Sideshow

Post by Fitzy »

I suspect he gets a lot of “who?” votes in the polling. I’m really curious why he is running, or more accurately, why he thinks he has a chance.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

As a former US Rep, at least he's on the national stage. No, over there. In the back. By the ficus. He was a Rep for six years for Maryland.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:13 pm As a former US Rep, at least he's on the national stage. No, over there. In the back. By the ficus. He was a Rep for six years for Maryland.
Yeah he was my Rep until we moved into the other weirdly shaped district here. I said it earlier, I should be lining up to volunteer for him, but I get a creepy vibe from the guy that I can’t shake and can’t figure out. The only thing I can think of is that he reminds me of someone else I can’t think of. Totally unfair I know and Fireball said he’s a nice guy so 🤷🏻‍♂️

On the other hand, I know who he is, so that puts me ahead of everyone else not in Maryland and/or a political nerd. :D
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Is his wife named Bonnie?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Fitzy wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 pm I suspect he gets a lot of “who?” votes in the polling.
Got one from me.

I consider myself at least marginally informed on US politics, and had no idea who he was.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:23 pm Is his wife named Bonnie?
I was thinking Dana.

And more or less, more toward more, count me in the who column. If you ask me to name three facts about him. I can give you east coast congressman. That counts for two, right? And man makes three!

That's not a bad thing. I didn't know who Beto was until this last cycle either and I have a general positive attitude toward him now. He has to make an effort to disclose and amenable to finding out who he is. Otherwise, it's wait until debate season where I still "root" for Merkley, whom much of nation would say "who" to.