Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Skinypupy

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by Skinypupy »

There's a bundle with Vegas Pro, Fastcut, and both Audio Studio and Video Studio 12 for $25. That's a hell of a deal.

I don't do video editing anymore, but used to use Vegas 10+ years ago when it was still my side gig. Loved the tools, and might just grab that on the off chance that I ever need it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

In one of my recurring favorite activities - forgot to pause again and have 0 interest in any of the 3 main games (won't know until Jan 4th what the others are).

The 3 early reveals are:
Wizard of Legend
Just Cause 3 XXL edition
Project Cars 2

If anyone wants this and didn't get it yet, $12 straight up and I"ll give you the other games as soon as they release. Otherwise, I'll piecemeal and try to recoup the $12 (if any games left over they will get put up in the free thread).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I need to start paying more attention as well, seeing as I was gifted JC3 and have PC2 on the XBox giveaway.... :doh:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

New Stardock bundle:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/star ... cta_button

If anyone is getting that and doesn't particularly want the GCIII Intrigue dlc from the 3rd tier, I'd be very happy to work out a deal (either money or other games, maybe from the monthly DLC I bought inadvertently a couple posts above).
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Zenn7 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:00 pm New Stardock bundle:

If anyone is getting that and doesn't particularly want the GCIII Intrigue dlc from the 3rd tier, I'd be very happy to work out a deal (either money or other games, maybe from the monthly DLC I bought inadvertently a couple posts above).
Wait... they can still include a steam key for Star Control: Origins in the bundle?
-mf
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Huh, didn't notice the coupon. Have to guess that's not going to work, but who knows, maybe? Maybe they just haven't caught up yet (which if they do, seems like that coupon might not be worth much).
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

If anyone is still looking for Yakuza 0, it's the Steam early unlock for the next Humble Monthly (along with Tom Clancy's The Division in Uplay).

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?refc=muW8hs
I have but one advocate.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:56 pm In one of my recurring favorite activities - forgot to pause again and have 0 interest in any of the 3 main games (won't know until Jan 4th what the others are).

The 3 early reveals are:
Wizard of Legend
Just Cause 3 XXL edition
Project Cars 2

If anyone wants this and didn't get it yet, $12 straight up and I"ll give you the other games as soon as they release. Otherwise, I'll piecemeal and try to recoup the $12 (if any games left over they will get put up in the free thread).
The additional games have been released (almost all on my ignored list in Steam, nothing I remotely want):
Q.U.B.E. 2
>observer_
Sundered
Regions of Ruin
Darkside Detective
Roombo: First Blood (Justice Sucks) (this is a humble download)

If anyone wants it all for the $12 great, otherwise I'll piecemeal it for what I can get of the $12 (anything after $12 is recovered, I'll just give away for free).
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

FYI - I paused, it offered me a chance to not pause and only pay $10 for next month (maybe a discount some others can take advantage of to save $2).
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:44 pm There's a bundle with Vegas Pro, Fastcut, and both Audio Studio and Video Studio 12 for $25. That's a hell of a deal.

I don't do video editing anymore, but used to use Vegas 10+ years ago when it was still my side gig. Loved the tools, and might just grab that on the off chance that I ever need it.
Did anyone buy this but is not using it and willing to sell it to me?

I freakin' knew I would regret not buying the bundle but I'm low on funds and don't do much editing so I didn't buy it. I'm in the middle of a tiny piece of video editing and I can't get the freakin' audio to export with the video, because the open source tool I'm using (Openshot) has more issues than I find acceptable. It's actually working worse for me than it was in the previous version.

Bah!!
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I bought it and installed it on what WAS my spare retro game PC. But that gave me a chance to upgrade to Win10 but then I bought a Blu-ray burner.

I had to do all this because my Dad spent WAY too much on having home movies digitized. He dumped them on me at Xmas and now I have a new project!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hah!

Sounds like fun.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Zenn7 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:00 pm New Stardock bundle:

I'd pay 1/2 just for this DLC, or could give the whole December monthly bundle I have for sale here if someone buys this and gives me just the DLC (or some combination).

If no interest, I might just breakdown and buy it myself.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Bought the Stardock bundle myself, guess I'll see what Off World Trading Company is all about.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Is Vermintide 2 in the new monthly bundle worth anything if I hate people and never voluntarily play multiplayer with anyone?

After my experience with Vermintide 1 (got it for free somehow), I'm guessing the answer is a resounding NO.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

killbot737 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:51 pm Is Vermintide 2 in the new monthly bundle worth anything if I hate people and never voluntarily play multiplayer with anyone?

After my experience with Vermintide 1 (got it for free somehow), I'm guessing the answer is a resounding NO.
It depends on what those experiences were all about. The core gameplay is about the same. It's still a game intended for co-op, it's still a Left4Dead clone with persistent character development set in the Warhammer universe, and random internet people are still a bunch of dicks. The bots are much better than VT 1's, and they've made them better since launch, with various commands you give them. It's entirely playable alone, and is a lot of fun with friends.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

So this weekend I was looking at the current Programming book bundle. I was sort of on the fence, but I was also sort of "Oh, Arduino, that could be cool. Oh, R-Pi, that could be cool." and repeat a few more times. Then I was thinking "really it's just a dollar per book if I get all of them..." but I still hadn't convinced myself.

Then today my manager comes to me with a secret-ish project (ssh! it will involve ssh) and it's all about Docker, which is something I find fun to play with.

Sold! :D
There is no hug button. Sad!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I only recently became aware that you can select the charity to which your funds go.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:23 pm I only recently became aware that you can select the charity to which your funds go.
Unless I'm buying a specific bundle, I don't look at the charity too closely. I'm not even sure you can change it for the monthly subscription, but probably. It is a cool feature though.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hentzau wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:27 pm Pathfinder Humble Bundle.

Big collection of Pathfinder books.
New bundle available.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Humble Store Sega sale has Alien Isolation with all DLC for $12.49. That's a great deal for a fantastic game. I already own it but I'm going to try to pick up the DLC I don't have on the cheap.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

For Humble Monthly folks on the fence this month, I can highly recommend Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden. I had not even heard of this game before the monthly, but it's fantastic fun if you're a fan of turn-based tactical games like XCOM. The only criticism I've heard is that it's a bit on the short side, but considering it's still retailing for $35, it's a heck of a deal.

I'm also enjoying Northgard quite a bit, so thumbs up from me this month.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Tried to buy the new bundle at the lowest tier today.

7 captchas to try to log in.
Then my username/password to actually log in.
Then I tried to check out.
Two more captchas.
Then it wanted an email confirmation code that still hasn't arrived.

That's 11 confirmations for a $1 transactions that, 20 minutes later, I still haven't been able to complete.

I gave them some feedback on exactly what I thought of that.

Doing so involved another 7 captchas.

And I'm not exaggerating.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I can't recall ever seeing a captcha on their website or during a transaction. Like, ever.

I'll pay attention the next time I'm there.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:14 pm Tried to buy the new bundle at the lowest tier today.

7 captchas to try to log in.
Then my username/password to actually log in.
Then I tried to check out.
Two more captchas.
Then it wanted an email confirmation code that still hasn't arrived.

That's 11 confirmations for a $1 transactions that, 20 minutes later, I still haven't been able to complete.

I gave them some feedback on exactly what I thought of that.

Doing so involved another 7 captchas.

And I'm not exaggerating.
Hmmm. Just did the same without a single captcha.
I have but one advocate.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The confirmation still hasn't come. I hit 'resend.' Five more captchas, this time verifying that I want verify that I'm verified. I'm up to 21 of them.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Got one more when I put in the code.

Then three more when I clicked 'process order.'

25 captchas.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't think I've seen a single captcha at the Humble Bundle site...ever.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

BH, are you sure that you're not a robot?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Apparently it has gotten worse recently. I'm seeing other people complaining about the same thing, 20-30 captchas there, all in the past few months.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Grid 2 + DLC free for the next two+ days.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

If anyone gets the Curve bundle and doesn't need their key for For the King, Bomber Crew, or Smoke & Sacrifice, I'll trade or buy you something for it. Especially For the King.
I have but one advocate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hmm. But Bomber Crew for $15 or the bundle that contains it for $15? Decisions, decisions.
JetFred wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:07 pm If anyone gets the Curve bundle and doesn't need their key for For the King, Bomber Crew, or Smoke & Sacrifice, I'll trade or buy you something for it. Especially For the King.
For the King - "strategic RPG"
"Smoke and Sacrifice is an open-world, narrative-driven RPG"

Yeah, I have no need for those. My wishlist is pretty deep.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

For the King is WAY TOO difficult. I tried it, and let's just say, you will die... A LOT. I mean, you will barely survive for more than a few turns until you understand the system.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - a review turned me off of wanting to try it.
Minit - black and white pixel graphics ... no.
Absolver - MP stance-based combat ... no.

I'd be happy to trade from my wishlist for these.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:44 pm There's a bundle with Vegas Pro, Fastcut, and both Audio Studio and Video Studio 12 for $25. That's a hell of a deal.

This bundle is back with Vegas Pro 15 Edit and a few other tidbits for 25 bucks.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

argh... forgot to pause my Humble Monthly for this month. contacted HB to see if i can get the keys revoked and a credit issued...

(but i am going for next month's bundle for Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice)
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Naturally, I just bought Senua at a recent sale. I would be happy to help you out when they tell me the game is available. (I have the year long subscription).

Also, this recent monthly bundle sucks!
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

of course it had to be one of the worst months where i made this mistake. i have zero interest in Call of Duty anything. i dislike having to manually pause the subscription each month, so i've emailed them to see if i can just get the rest of my pre-paid Humble Monthly subscription refunded... probably not.

EDIT: nope, my money's trapped in there. i registered a complaint with CS, for all the good that will do.

DOUBLE EDIT: complaint was escalated and they offered to restore the monthly credit used for June. all's well now.