Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

dbt1949

Re: Random randomness

Post by dbt1949 »

My Netflix list has gotten to where it's mostly "long wait" before they're available.
I'm getting tired of choosing crappy movies just so I can see them in the meantime.
I'm really in no hurry to see crappy movies.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

and why is complexity, game 20 in Everything but Gaming instead of Forum Games?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:54 pm and why is complexity, game 20 in Everything but Gaming instead of Forum Games?
Your nature of your riddle is akin to a forum game and should probably be put in the appropriate forum.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

What does it mean when you've passed the point of dying too young from your vices?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 am What does it mean when you've passed the point of dying too young from your vices?
Time to pick up a new vice.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:31 am
dbt1949 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 am What does it mean when you've passed the point of dying too young from your vices?
Time to pick up a new vice.
Or find some way to make Shuffleboard a vice. Start gambling on it, fall in with the Seedy 70's gang, play with the wrong shoes on. Go nuts.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Sometimes, the Onion's satire isn't really satire, but 100% truth.
By simply switching from a traditional desk to a standing desk, we found that individuals experienced much longer and fuller looks of silent loathing from their colleagues
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:08 pm Sometimes, the Onion's satire isn't really satire, but 100% truth.
By simply switching from a traditional desk to a standing desk, we found that individuals experienced much longer and fuller looks of silent loathing from their colleagues
All of our desks at work have buttons on the side to adjust the height of the desk. They are pretty nice.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Our desks at work are also adjustable. Our company is big on promoting healthy habits, etc., so today they started a new thing: the "Wellness committee" people periodically walks around the office, and anyone who's using a standing desk at that moment gets a raffle ticket. I don't mind standing at my desk, but an hour per day at most - less, if I'm wearing heels. Some of my coworkers claim that they can concentrate on their work better when they are standing, but I'm the opposite, I have to be sitting down to figure out anything complicated.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

It was fun in the dentist's the other day when they start to lecture me about flossing and dental care to say " I probably only have 4 or 5 years to go, I don't care.
There just wasn't much they could say after that. (imagine smiley face with missing teeth)
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

When my dental hygeienist used to lecture me about whitening, I'd remind her that I don't care what they look like, just keep them in my head until I don't need them anymore. Worst-case, that's 20 years, and more likely less than 10. She was judgy, though, and preachy too, so I finally switched dentists. "Cosmetic dentistry" can bite me. I like cigars.

I only had to explain the objective to my current hygienist once, and now we do not speak of whitening.

I do floss regularly, though, thanks to David Crosby. You gotta plan for that worst case.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:54 pm and why is complexity, game 20 in Everything but Gaming instead of Forum Games?
"game 20" is a misnomer.

It's not a game. It's a serious discussion of movies and which movies better represent two random cards that were brought up for purpose of said debate. It's very serious.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Kraken wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 am When my dental hygeienist used to lecture me about whitening, I'd remind her that I don't care what they look like, just keep them in my head until I don't need them anymore. Worst-case, that's 20 years, and more likely less than 10. She was judgy, though, and preachy too, so I finally switched dentists. "Cosmetic dentistry" can bite me. I like cigars.

I only had to explain the objective to my current hygienist once, and now we do not speak of whitening.

I do floss regularly, though, thanks to David Crosby. You gotta plan for that worst case.
My dad got dentures in his late 30s. He said it was the best thing that ever happened to him.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

A couple of my doggies stopped eating for a few days. Dog flu I assume, it's hit the area. Today they finally started eat good. Another burden off my mind.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:43 am
Kraken wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 am When my dental hygeienist used to lecture me about whitening, I'd remind her that I don't care what they look like, just keep them in my head until I don't need them anymore. Worst-case, that's 20 years, and more likely less than 10. She was judgy, though, and preachy too, so I finally switched dentists. "Cosmetic dentistry" can bite me. I like cigars.

My dad got dentures in his late 30s. He said it was the best thing that ever happened to him.
My dad got dentures in his 40s and always hated them. They never fit right, always caused pain and discomfort. He used to take his teeth out to eat. Kinda defeats the whole point of having teeth.

Nowadays it's all crowns and implants, at least for those who can afford them. Wife is finally just four teeth away from completing her bionic mouth, at a total cost somewhere north of $30,000 spread over three years. Insurance covered a trivial fraction of that.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I've invested about 30K into my wife's mouth too.
It still won't keep shut tho.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

When it come to molars, I have two teeth on the left and two on the right - one upper, one lower on each side - that still line up. Every other pair is missing one or the other. It makes it tough to chew, but crowns, implants, even dentures aren't for people without money.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:25 am When it come to molars, I have two teeth on the left and two on the right - one upper, one lower on each side - that still line up. Every other pair is missing one or the other. It makes it tough to chew, but crowns, implants, even dentures aren't for people without money.
Doin better than me.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

We all need to invest in a good blender.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have a 14 year old food processor around here....somewhere. Ive always wondered what a nice steak would be like to put in it.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

I’m oddly curious as to the chain of events that resulted in a pube being on top of the urinal.

There are no NBA sized people working here that I know of.
18-1™ & 2-0
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Trent Steel wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 am I’m oddly curious as to the chain of events that resulted in a pube being on top of the urinal.

There are no NBA sized people working here that I know of.
Somebody multitasking by whizzing and grooming at the same time.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I'm voting for long nose hair plucked out while going.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The old scratch and grab. More specifically, scratching at their jungle and then reaching up with same hand to flush the urinal (or rest it on the cool tiles above it).

Enlarge Image
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Might have been accidental, but I'd assume it was intentionally obnoxious. After all, there seems to be no shortage of people who write on the walls, stuff the commodes to overflowing, or just plain crap n the counter.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am The old scratch and grab. More specifically, scratching at their jungle and then reaching up with same hand to flush the urinal (or rest it on the cool tiles above it).

Enlarge Image
Ha! These are waterless urinals. So negative on the scratch and grab. Although, that is awful now that I know of it.

Also, if that’s a nose hair, someone needs to go to the doctor.
18-1™ & 2-0
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:39 pm Fatberg ahoy!
To put the size and heft of the clog in perspective: it’s longer than two American football fields and as heavy as 11 double-decker buses. The mass is a concrete-hard amalgamation of flushed items, including condoms, diapers, and—most notably—wet wipes that have all been cemented together with oils and fats that were also washed down drains. For that reason, these types of clogs are sometimes called “fatbergs.”
I think I prefer Fatburger Chili Cheese fries, thank you!
Sidmouth
Longer than six double-decker buses, a 210-foot fatberg was discovered in Sidmouth, southwest England, last month. Described by South West Water as an “unwanted Christmas present,” the mass is expected to take eight weeks to destroy. Work to dissect the clump of filth is expected to commence in February, weather permitting.
In a video, [South West Water’s director of wastewater, Andrew] Roantree appealed to residents, asking them to remember the “three Ps” when disposing of waste such as cooking oils and wet wipes.

“Only flush the three Ps: pee, paper and poo,” he said. “Anything else needs to go into the bin. The same applies in the kitchen.”
In 2017, a fatberg was discovered blocking an East London sewer. That fatberg was longer than two football fields and weighed 130 tons — more than 10 average-size buses. The mass took weeks for a team to dissect and was described by Thames Water as “a total monster.” Pieces of the giant clump went on to be displayed as part of an exhibition at the Museum of London last year.

In 2015, a 10-ton fatberg famously broke part of a London sewer, forcing almost 100 feet of pipework to be replaced.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:25 pm The GoFundMe Scam
The lawyer for one of the suspects in an alleged GoFundMe scam released a secret bombshell tape recording Monday that he says shows his client's ex-boyfriend and the homeless veteran they were purportedly helping duped her into joining the $400,000 swindle.

Kate McClure's attorney played the tape on ABC's "Good Morning America," saying she made it after Johnny Bobbitt accused her and her boyfriend, Mark D'Amico, of cutting him out of his share of donations.
HuffPo
Police say they are looking for Johnny Bobbitt Jr., who was released from jail last month on the condition that he wear an electronic monitoring device and attend Narcotics Anonymous meetings.

The 35-year-old was to appear in a Burlington County courtroom on Tuesday, but he failed to appear, authorities said. State Superior Court Judge Mark Tarantino has since issued a bench warrant for Bobbitt’s arrest.

His lawyer, John Keesler, told The Associated Press he spoke with Bobbitt on Friday and had expected his client to appear in court.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:07 pm Police say they are looking for Johnny Bobbitt Jr., who was released from jail last month on the condition that he wear an electronic monitoring device and attend Narcotics Anonymous meetings.
They picked him up a few hours ago in Philly.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Whoever figured out how to leave a voicemail without ever ringing the phone can rot in hell. Comcast can rot in hell, too. How do you block that shit?
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I have tons of numbers added to the auto-reject list on my cell phone, but it only stops the phone from ringing - I can't prevent them from leaving a voicemail. One number is really annoying, it's clearly designed to make it look like it's coming from the area - it's my area code, plus the same first 3 digits as my own phone number, and then 7890 as the last digits. They leave an automated voicemail that's exactly 30 seconds long (the voice talks for a few seconds, and the rest of it is just dead air until my voicemail cuts off the call).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kraken wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 pm Whoever figured out how to leave a voicemail without ever ringing the phone can rot in hell. Comcast can rot in hell, too. How do you block that shit?
You don't. Technically, voicemail on cell phones is a no-answer call forwarded to a central phone bank system. If someone knows the number, they can input a subscriber's number and be routed to the box.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:25 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:39 pm Fatberg ahoy!
To put the size and heft of the clog in perspective: it’s longer than two American football fields and as heavy as 11 double-decker buses. The mass is a concrete-hard amalgamation of flushed items, including condoms, diapers, and—most notably—wet wipes that have all been cemented together with oils and fats that were also washed down drains. For that reason, these types of clogs are sometimes called “fatbergs.”
I think I prefer Fatburger Chili Cheese fries, thank you!
Sidmouth
Longer than six double-decker buses, a 210-foot fatberg was discovered in Sidmouth, southwest England, last month. Described by South West Water as an “unwanted Christmas present,” the mass is expected to take eight weeks to destroy. Work to dissect the clump of filth is expected to commence in February, weather permitting.
In a video, [South West Water’s director of wastewater, Andrew] Roantree appealed to residents, asking them to remember the “three Ps” when disposing of waste such as cooking oils and wet wipes.

“Only flush the three Ps: pee, paper and poo,” he said. “Anything else needs to go into the bin. The same applies in the kitchen.”
In 2017, a fatberg was discovered blocking an East London sewer. That fatberg was longer than two football fields and weighed 130 tons — more than 10 average-size buses. The mass took weeks for a team to dissect and was described by Thames Water as “a total monster.” Pieces of the giant clump went on to be displayed as part of an exhibition at the Museum of London last year.

In 2015, a 10-ton fatberg famously broke part of a London sewer, forcing almost 100 feet of pipework to be replaced.
Man. You dug into the OO wayback machine to bump this post! I was surprised when I found I had been quoted in RR, as I didn't remember many recent posts in RR...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fatberg posts do tend to stick in one's memory.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:33 pm Fatberg posts do tend to stick in one's memory banks.
FTFY

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Defragging them is a bitch.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

“Only flush the three Ps: pee, paper and poo,” he said. “Anything else needs to go into the bin. The same applies in the kitchen.
Smooth should weigh in here. Pee, poo ok for the kitchen? I mean that opens up some options if true.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You don't have a toilet in your kitchen?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:23 pm You don't have a toilet in your kitchen?
Would an In-sinkerator work?

Also, Gary Numan is 2 weeks older than Gary Oldman. Both are currently 60.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wish I still had tv. I had to dump it. Thanks to someone I have Netflix. And I talked Donna into .99 cent a month Hulu at Christmas. But since she died the only distraction I could get into was random tv. Just flipping till something caught me. Donna could enjoy all of it. But I dont like 'picking' what to watch. Also all of those and other movie and tv sites online has all of Donna's 'recently viewed' stuff and I do not want to...or cannot bring my self to....change those listings or add new crap to them. I like seeing what she watched. I remember her watching them.

She died a week ago and Im still so damn sick and lost. One day perhaps. Wish cable would work with me...give me the $23 tv and $15 net...but noooo cant do that.