The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by $iljanus »

If California only had a wall to keep the bad fires out.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If California builds a wall to keep tRump out I will have to seriously look into moving there. I'd support a GoFundMe to build that wall.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I just had a brilliant idea. Now, stay with me here. It's pretty sophisticated. But what if, what if mind you, we built a giant trophy wife out of wood, hid inside it and had it rolled up the wall? Drumpf would be so excited by the idea of a new, younger, more wooden wife and have it brought inside the wall, and then we'd be inside too. Do you understand? Do you follow me? Wall defeated.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

GreenGoo wrote:I just had a brilliant idea. Now, stay with me here. It's pretty sophisticated. But what if, what if mind you, we built a giant trophy wife out of wood, hid inside it and had it rolled up the wall? Drumpf would be so excited by the idea of a new, younger, more wooden wife and have it brought inside the wall, and then we'd be inside too. Do you understand? Do you follow me? Wall defeated.
Heh, it took me half way to realize this isn't a wickerman reference. Thought you were going a whole different direction.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:11 pm If California only had a wall to keep the bad fires out.
and the good fires in?
Remus West wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 pm If California builds a wall to keep tRump out I will have to seriously look into moving there. I'd support a GoFundMe to build that wall.
What about Canada?

Covfefe!
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

Re: FEMA funds.

Geee nice state you've got there. Be a pity if anything happened to it. Now if you want FEMA to help in future you might might want to make a voluntary donation to the trump widows and orphans fund. We have lists of patriots you know.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Stefan Stirzaker wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:14 pm trump widows and orphans
If I believed in prayer...
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:57 pm If there's no money for The Wall, why should there be any money for disaster relief?

Wonder if FEMA money will be withheld from Florida until they get their hurricane act together.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:48 pm
Max Peck wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:57 pm If there's no money for The Wall, why should there be any money for disaster relief?
Wonder if FEMA money will be withheld from Florida until they get their hurricane act together.
He just made Pwuerto Rico pay for it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:49 pm
$iljanus wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:11 pm If California only had a wall to keep the bad fires out.
and the good fires in?
Remus West wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 pm If California builds a wall to keep tRump out I will have to seriously look into moving there. I'd support a GoFundMe to build that wall.
What about Canada?

Rumor has it that Canada quietly planted a 5,500-mile-long privet hedge. They're sorry.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

and the good fires in?
Yeah the type of fire that you’d find on, say, a tiki torch.

Enlarge Image

I’m surprised that Herr Trump didn’t insist on a border wall requirement with FEMA disbursements.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Praising countries with authoritarian leaders, part 460:

Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:54 pm
Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:48 pm
He just made Pwuerto Rico pay for it.
Those paper towels don't grow on trees! Err, maybe they do. Sorta.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 am Praising countries with authoritarian leaders, part 460:
Of course he finds China easier to deal with.

Trump: I want to build a hotel in your country.
China: You'll need to bribe a few officials.
Trump: Sold!

vs.

Trump: I want to build a wall on the southern border.
Dems: That's a huge waste of money. We don't need that.
Trump: I need it.
Dems: Nope.
Trump: But terrorists!
Dems: Where?
Trump: I'm shutting everything down.
Dems: Why?
Trump: National Emergency. <sticks tongue out>
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Old man shouts at clouds...about women locked in trunks with duct tape running the border in their souped up Mad Max caravans because of the Internet. Welcome to hell 2019 style!

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:57 pm Old man shouts at clouds...about women locked in trunks with duct tape running the border in their souped up Mad Max caravans because of the Internet. Welcome to hell 2019 style!

This is what happens when your only friend is television.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

well. they didn't 'quickly cut away'... but they didn't stick with him until he finished.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:02 pm well. they didn't 'quickly cut away'... but they didn't stick with him until he finished.
Yeah I don't care much for the tweet 'text' but still the video is where the real dumb is.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

A mob of 10,000 Central American migrants is marching through Mexico and heading toward El Paso, Texas. Mexican border agents attempted to stop them at the Mexican border, but to no avail.

The wall must be built. The wall will keep America safe and strong. Only then will we be able to help those in need.

This toy makes a great Christmas gift for your kids and grandkids!

101 Pieces
Includes President Trump figurine w/ a MAGA hard hat!

Enlarge Image
Keep teaching that hate.

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

A puzzle completely made up of one solid color and equal sized sides?

That may be too difficult for the kids of Trumpers.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Honestly, on the box the other side of the wall looks like a lot more fun.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Today's 29 one-liners. In ONE sitting.

5. "I'm a professional at technology."

6. "When during the campaign I would say, 'Mexico's going to pay for it,' obviously I never said this and I never meant they're going to write out a check."

12. "And they don't come in at the checkpoints, which they do also."

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I love how they went with every Mexican stereotype in the book for the “illegal immigrant not included”
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Does MAGAlego not do steel slats? I can't even see through that Wall. Those Mexicans could be up to *anything*.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:36 pm Today's 29 one-liners. In ONE sitting.

5. "I'm a professional at technology."

6. "When during the campaign I would say, 'Mexico's going to pay for it,' obviously I never said this and I never meant they're going to write out a check."

12. "And they don't come in at the checkpoints, which they do also."
25. "[The Dems]'ve been taken over by a group of young people who, frankly, in some cases -- I've been watching -- I actually think they're crazy."
Crazy young people like [checks notes] Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Why the emphasis on electrical tape? I understand it is powerful stuff, but so is duct tape!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:53 pm Why the emphasis on electrical tape? I understand it is powerful stuff, but so is duct tape!
Probably something he heard on InfoWars.
Hodor.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

I only have bachelor's in psychology so take this for what it's worth, but he is insane. I don't think I've ever seen someone so untethered from reality.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

GungHo wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 pm I only have bachelor's in psychology so take this for what it's worth, but he is insane. I don't think I've ever seen someone so untethered from reality.
You don't need a BS to figure that out. The man broadcasts stark raving madness every day.

But you know what else is psychology? People think aggressive self-confidence = leadership.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:30 pm Honestly, on the box the other side of the wall looks like a lot more fun.
+1
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I was reading a book called the Skeptics Guide to the Universe (same guys who do the podcast), and it was describing a condition that summed Trump up perfectly. I can't remember the name at the moment, but it's the phenomenon whereby the more incompetent you are, the more competent you *think* you are.

They went into some fascinating detail as to why this occurs (and it happens to everyone to some degree). But in short, it's based on the idea that if you're incompetent in some subject, you are more likely to draw on false/misleading facts about that subject you've never questioned (because you're incompetent). Over time, you build a vast database of "knowledge" that is incorrect that leads you to believe you know more about the subject than you actually do.

I explained it far less eloquently than they did, but the whole time I'm reading it I was like "My God, that's EXACTLY what's going on here." Combine that with narcissism and pathological lying, and Trump is a perfect storm of psychological bad news.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am I was reading a book called the Skeptics Guide to the Universe (same guys who do the podcast), and it was describing a condition that summed Trump up perfectly. I can't remember the name at the moment, but it's the phenomenon whereby the more incompetent you are, the more competent you *think* you are.

They went into some fascinating detail as to why this occurs (and it happens to everyone to some degree). But in short, it's based on the idea that if you're incompetent in some subject, you are more likely to draw on false/misleading facts about that subject you've never questioned (because you're incompetent). Over time, you build a vast database of "knowledge" that is incorrect that leads you to believe you know more about the subject than you actually do.

I explained it far less eloquently than they did, but the whole time I'm reading it I was like "My God, that's EXACTLY what's going on here." Combine that with narcissism and pathological lying, and Trump is a perfect storm of psychological bad news.
Dunning-Kruger effect. Trump is so far at the extremes he probably disproves it or something.

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yes, that's it! Thanks LawBeef.

Describes a ton of people at work as well. :D
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am I was reading a book called the Skeptics Guide to the Universe (same guys who do the podcast)
Anecdotally, the book is a very good read. An excellent guide to critical thinking and telling fact from fiction in the age of "fake news".
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Sepiche wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:39 pm
YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am I was reading a book called the Skeptics Guide to the Universe (same guys who do the podcast)
Anecdotally, the book is a very good read. An excellent guide to critical thinking and telling fact from fiction in the age of "fake news".
Book ordered and I will check out the podcast.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Kraken wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:40 pm
and the good fires in?
What about Canada?

Rumor has it that Canada quietly planted a 5,500-mile-long privet hedge. They're sorry.
I like the laurel, particularly.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Kraken wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 pm
GungHo wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 pm I only have bachelor's in psychology so take this for what it's worth, but he is insane. I don't think I've ever seen someone so untethered from reality.
You don't need a BS to figure that out. The man broadcasts stark raving madness every day.

But you know what else is psychology? People think aggressive self-confidence = leadership.

Yeah I was trying to be snarky with that. His crazy is as obvious as the (Pinocchio) nose on his face.

So, the national emergency option is now off the table according to trump. Some emergency....
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I wouldn't count on it being off the table. Aside from the fact that anything that Trumps says is as likely to be a lie as not, there's the possibility that he's trying to establish a narrative where he doesn't want to declare a state of emergency, but the Democrats are forcing him to do it.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

His dragging his feet and saying maybe I will, maybe I won't about declaring an emergency probably makes it hard to convince a court to rule in his favor if he does declare one. Which may very well be the idea.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds