Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

MHS

Re: I think our warranties are expiring

Post by MHS »

TheMix wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 am
MHS wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:17 pm
MHS wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:08 pmI don’t really know what other options there are. And I realize heart disease is less common in women but my dad did have a quadruple bypass and I have had very, very high blood pressure (because of the bad kidneys) for 25 years. :shrug:
This was the test I had a few years ago Calcium score. I think it was $100 out of pocket after my cardiologist prescribed it. Again, he did it on me expecting to get a baseline for future comparisons and instead it revealed I already had calcium hardening. My blood pressure was also elevated, but my cholesterol levels are super-human. Regardless, I'm on all kinds of pills now and I should probably drop more weight than I have. I share on the off-chance the test is applicable for you (or anyone else).
Thanks, I’ll definitely ask about this!
I just got one of those done recently. At Boulder Range Preventive Imaging (www.boulderscan.com). I'd gotten one a few years back somewhere else. My physician recommended BRPI; he said their equipment is better. They were running a special, so I also had a APP screening. They basically do some sonographic imaging of the arteries in your neck. Apparently there are correlations between those and the ones to your heart. The two together were $270.
Cool, thanks, I'll ask my doc to specifically write orders for BRPI. The nice thing about being a transplant patient is that the transplant docs are so desperate to keep you healthy, they'll acquiesce to almost any test you ask to have run.
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I also had sonographs done on my heart and my neck - probably one of the most relaxing experiences of my adult life. There wasn't anything either revealed, it was that calcium scoring test that ultimately changed everything. I guess it's relatively new-ish and one of those things that might be over done, but apparently when used in conjunction with other indicators (like high BP, family history, etc...) it can be rather useful.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Thanks for the sympathies everyone. I've been finding out I have far more people in my corner than I ever suspected.
Zenn7 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:57 am I woke up on January 2nd w/ the right 1/2 of my mouth numb.
Glad you're okay Zenn. My boss woke up with the same thing a few years back and he's been healthy ever since. Such a weird condition.
Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:10 am I'm just going to go ahead and cancel 2019 if it's going to have this kind of attitude.
I've been telling people about some friends I used to have... every year on New Years Eve at midnight, they had a tradition of going out into the street and laying down in the gutter for a few minutes. The idea was if you start the year laying in the gutter, then the year is only going to go up from there.

Turns out waking up New Years Day and having a heart attack gives at least some perspective to what will likely be an awful year.

And speaking of an awful year (apologies for a small political aside), in the hospital I also kept thinking to myself "I'll be fucked if I'm going to let Donald Trump outlive me."

That's a hell of a motivator for a lot of lifestyle changes it turns out.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

MHS wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:50 pm
TheMix wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 am
MHS wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:17 pm
MHS wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:08 pmI don’t really know what other options there are. And I realize heart disease is less common in women but my dad did have a quadruple bypass and I have had very, very high blood pressure (because of the bad kidneys) for 25 years. :shrug:
This was the test I had a few years ago Calcium score. I think it was $100 out of pocket after my cardiologist prescribed it. Again, he did it on me expecting to get a baseline for future comparisons and instead it revealed I already had calcium hardening. My blood pressure was also elevated, but my cholesterol levels are super-human. Regardless, I'm on all kinds of pills now and I should probably drop more weight than I have. I share on the off-chance the test is applicable for you (or anyone else).
Thanks, I’ll definitely ask about this!
I just got one of those done recently. At Boulder Range Preventive Imaging (www.boulderscan.com). I'd gotten one a few years back somewhere else. My physician recommended BRPI; he said their equipment is better. They were running a special, so I also had a APP screening. They basically do some sonographic imaging of the arteries in your neck. Apparently there are correlations between those and the ones to your heart. The two together were $270.
Cool, thanks, I'll ask my doc to specifically write orders for BRPI. The nice thing about being a transplant patient is that the transplant docs are so desperate to keep you healthy, they'll acquiesce to almost any test you ask to have run.
Sorry, I should have been clear. You don't need an order. Just call and schedule. Or maybe call and see if they are running any specials, then schedule. The flyer/ad that my doctor gave me had a promo deal that they were running through the end of the year. It wouldn't surprise me to find that they are running another one. When you fill out their paperwork, you can provide your physician's info, and they'll send him/her a copy of the results as well. Also, the scan that I had is the EBT Heart Scan. From their page, they still have their "discount" price advertised. It says it ends Dec 31st, but since they haven't updated the page, maybe you can get them to honor it or give you something better.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:57 am I woke up on January 2nd w/ the right 1/2 of my mouth numb.

After determining I was not likely having a stroke, ended up going to urgent care later in the day - have bells-palsy (inflammation of the 7th cranial nerve - in the lower jaw). More or less paralyzes the right side of my face (can't blink, can't close right eye alone (fortunately it will close if I close both eyes, can't smile on that side, etc).

I was somewhat happy with it not being a stroke and all, but annoyed as prior to the last month or two, the last 16 months have sucked (many issues for me/family). Was hoping for a better year.

Then I read all the bad stuff happening to people on this forum and think "DAMN! I got off so easy!" So... thanks for that???

Glad you came out of this OK!
I had Bell's a few years ago. I don't recommend it. It started while I was on the road with my eye watering, which I didn't think too much of until I awoke the next morning with further issues. I did make a full recovery.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I had Bells ~20 years ago. Definitely not fun. I also made a full recovery. So hopefully you will as well. In the meantime, really try to keep the affected eye closed. I tried to tape mine shut, with limited success. Otherwise it dries out, and that is no bueno. You are lucky that you are able to close both. That will at least make sleeping easier. Good luck.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Oh, man, Sepiche. Good luck with a complete recovery!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Glad to hear you're doing better. That sounds like a pretty frightening experience.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I am relatively happy to report there's nothing majorly wrong with me. I think my diabetes/pre-diabetes is under control with daily exercises (i.e. work) and I am slowly getting my mouth back into shape (lots of visits to the dentists). Though to be honest I haven't stuck my finger in months.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yowzers. I'm glad things look to be working out.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

TheMix wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:21 pm I had Bells ~20 years ago. Definitely not fun. I also made a full recovery. So hopefully you will as well. In the meantime, really try to keep the affected eye closed. I tried to tape mine shut, with limited success. Otherwise it dries out, and that is no bueno. You are lucky that you are able to close both. That will at least make sleeping easier. Good luck.
Thanks. They had me get some artificial tears (and today's follow-up, doc put prescription in for them instead of just over the counter drops). Yeah, it's red/irritated most of the time. Not dried out completely, but not great. I can't close it on it's own. I could try tape or something but so far, not enough of an issue to go to that extreme. Very lucky and extremely happy (and probably a huge difference between very annoying and serious problem) that I can close both and sleep OK.
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:15 pm I had Bell's a few years ago. I don't recommend it. It started while I was on the road with my eye watering, which I didn't think too much of until I awoke the next morning with further issues. I did make a full recovery.
I don't recommend it either. :)
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I've been doing a really good job of watching my sodium and fat since getting out of the hospital, but I'm rapidly approaching the point where I would strangle a kitten for a slice of pizza. :oops:
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Sepiche wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 pm I've been doing a really good job of watching my sodium and fat since getting out of the hospital, but I'm rapidly approaching the point where I would strangle a kitten for a slice of pizza. :oops:
That's the fun of fighting your biology and the triggers we build in over time, with the help of food company additives. The longer you manage to be healthy, the less powerful and frequent those cravings get. Stay strong. Your arteries will thank you.

I've been Vegetarian for almost 2 years now, and have absolutely zero urge to consume anything with meat. I sometimes miss individual dishes, like orange chicken, but can't really recall what it tasted like except that I used to love it.

Pizza is still one of my major vices, though, side by side with Nachos.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

2 years without a cigarette. I want to smoke every single day.
It is not uncommon for me to go a month without a soda. I don't crave them as I drink coffee (with way too much sugar and non dairy creamer (more sugar) as a surrogate. When I go six months without a pop, that pop is soooo good.

I try to eat healthier. I fail... a lot. Eating healthy requires an energy I just don't have. I don't think I could go "vegetarian" without getting stupid about carbs and simple sugars and sodium. I'm pretty certain I could never be vegan.

I'll probably die before I give up pizza.

The only way to for me to fight cravings is to obsesses and document. And it doesn't take but a few weeks after I stop obsessing to find myself binging like an addict.
funnygirl

Post by funnygirl »

Sepiche wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:05 pm
And speaking of an awful year (apologies for a small political aside), in the hospital I also kept thinking to myself "I'll be fucked if I'm going to let Donald Trump outlive me."

That's a hell of a motivator for a lot of lifestyle changes it turns out.
Every time I don't feel like exercising I say to myself "You want to live AT LEAST long enough to see Donald Trump vacating the White House."
Works like a charm.
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:32 pm It is not uncommon for me to go a month without a soda. I don't crave them as I drink coffee (with way too much sugar and non dairy creamer (more sugar) as a surrogate.
this seems to be the way a lot of people have gone. less carbonated high-fructose corn syrup water, way more high-fructose corn syrup coffee-flavored milkshakes (at quadruple the price).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I brew my cheapass Folger's at home. Even with the too much sugar, it's way cheaper than two liters were and two liters were way cheaper single serve containers, though drinking single serve kept my portions down. Bulk containers of coffee, creamer, and sugar probably cost me about $40 a year. My work probably pays for another $80 in coffee habit a year to keep me. That's a combined $120 a year. Even drinking two liters consistently on sale, I was probably drinking $2 of Coke or other pop a day. More, when I bought 20oz bottles for convenience.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

And, my doctor just put me on metformin. And this is my own god-damn doing, because I like to drink soda and spend too much time behind a desk.

For the record:

I don't drink (never have, never been drunk in my life, alcoholism doesn't run in my family, it gallops)
I don't smoke (never have, came from a family of smokers and hated the habit)
I don't do drugs (never have, never wanted to, see above issues with addiction)\\

So food was my main vice, and now that's being taken away.

Dammit.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

:( I'm screwed when they say I'm pre diabetes and I'm sure it's coming one day. I did drink. I did smoke. Eating crap and being lazy is all I have left.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hentzau wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 pm So food was my main vice, and now that's being taken away.

Dammit.
Look at it as a new way to explore foods that you've not given a second glance before. You can always eat a bit of crap, but now it can be a special treat rather than a default state.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sorry for everyones troubles this new year. I get it I really do. I also cant believe that bastard Trump is still kicking around and we are sick and my wife has just passed. I find it so unfair.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
mori

Post by mori »

hentzau wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 pm And, my doctor just put me on metformin. And this is my own god-damn doing, because I like to drink soda and spend too much time behind a desk.

For the record:

I don't drink (never have, never been drunk in my life, alcoholism doesn't run in my family, it gallops)
I don't smoke (never have, came from a family of smokers and hated the habit)
I don't do drugs (never have, never wanted to, see above issues with addiction)\\

So food was my main vice, and now that's being taken away.

Dammit.
I was put on meformin several years back. It raised hell with my GI tract so I stopped taking it.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

hentzau wrote:And, my doctor just put me on metformin. And this is my own god-damn doing, because I like to drink soda and spend too much time behind a desk.
It's also genetic, says the guy with two type 1 diabetics whose symptoms manifested at the same time in similar circumstances (death of a close family member).

Doctors like to blame the patient, but the prevalence of carbs and sugar in everyday foods is a big factor. There are some good "eat this not that" books on food choices. Pretty eye opening.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:03 am There are some good "eat this not that" books on food choices. Pretty eye opening.
Such a statement suggests the need for a link (or at least a title.)

I've been paying a lot m ore attention to such things lately. My warranty isn't expired, but I can hear knocking and pinging. I'm too overweight to not know that it will likely be the cause of my death if I don't fix it. My cholesterol isn't high, but the doctor a year ago told me it was borderline. I've made a lot of changes since then, such as cutting red and heavily processed meats nearly to zero, and cutting all meat to maybe two or three times a week (from twice a day.) The biggest problem that I have is that eating that way is more expensive than eating like crap, and when the budget dips, my ability to stick to the healthy lifestyle dips too. And right now the budget is at its tightest in a decade.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zarathud

I think our warranties are expiring

Post by Zarathud »

Eat This Not That series by Zinczenko

Things like a sausage egg and cheese on an english muffin has a mix of fat to stretch out how the carbs hit your system. So you're full longer and thus healthier despite the fat. Bananas have as much carbs as a donut. Bagels and bread have very high carbs but a low fat eggo waffle gets absorbed slowly if you have it with peanut butter.

Since I can see how foods affect my kid's blood sugar due to glucose monitors, it's been pretty neat.

Another cool thing we've learned elsewhere is that the fiber in carrots means the kids can graze as needed without really changing their glucose.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:25 pm:( I'm screwed when they say I'm pre diabetes and I'm sure it's coming one day. I did drink. I did smoke. Eating crap and being lazy is all I have left.
FYI: I work in a doctor's office and they snort when people say "I'm pre-diabetic" ... because they claim there's no such thing. Their thinking is that you're either diabetic or you're not. If they've been diagnosed by a doctor as "pre-diabetic" and are now watching sugar levels and getting their eyes checked ... they're diabetic. We don't have an option for "pre-diabetic" in our list of ailments for patients. We do have a checkbox for diabetes. :oops:

The only thing left is to see if those people can pull up on their lifestyle and try to stay healthy, or if they'll continue the nosedive of eating like shit and end up blind with amputated feet.

Others in healthcare may disagree. I'm just repeating what I've heard our doctors saying.
Zarathud wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:03 amDoctors like to blame the patient, but the prevalence of carbs and sugar in everyday foods is a big factor. There are some good "eat this not that" books on food choices. Pretty eye opening.
The below is a (probably copyright violated) YouTube version of That Sugar Film, which is one of my favorite "why sugar is bad for us" movies - as much as anyone can have a category like that in their lives.
Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 am Eat This Not That series by Zinczenko

Things like a sausage egg and cheese on an english muffin has a mix of fat to stretch out how the carbs hit your system. So you're full longer and thus healthier despite the fat. Bananas have as much carbs as a donut. Bagels and bread have very high carbs but a low fat eggo waffle gets absorbed slowly if you have it with peanut butter.

Since I can see how foods affect my kid's blood sugar due to glucose monitors, it's been pretty neat.

Another cool thing we've learned elsewhere is that the fiber in carrots means the kids can graze as needed without really changing their glucose.
I may have to check that out and see how easy easy really is. What's the best way to eat pizza every day?
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 am

I may have to check that out and see how easy easy really is. What's the best way to eat pizza every day?
Cauliflower crust!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Z-Corn wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am
LordMortis wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 am

Cauliflower crust!
That is not easy or good! No. Colliflower is the worst. People keep trying to sneak it in to foods and not tell me and I keep being an embarrassment. "I hate to be a complainer but I can't finish these potatoes. Sorry." "Oh, that's not potatoes, that's cauliflower."

The weird thing is they say it's the bitter gene. But I *like* broccoli, spinach, and brussel sprouts (well brussel sprouts are always drowned in some sort of fatty oils, though).

I lose.

It's like you're actively looking for a way to ruin pizza. That's unforgivable. I mean a billion different ways to have excellent pizza and you say cowliflour.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 am It's like you're actively looking for a way to ruin pizza. That's unforgivable. I mean a billion different ways to have excellent pizza and you say cowliflour.
Please don't misunderstand me. I'd rather die young than eat something like that, no exaggeration.

I'm making pizza tonight, Detroit style. A 10x14 thick crust with cheese all the way to the edge of the pan. Homemade sauce and homemade dough. The only concession to health is that I will use turkey pepperoni. And there will be chicken with homemade pesto made with basil that I grew on it.

Life is too short for bullshit pizza.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Z-Corn wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 am I'm making pizza tonight, Detroit style. A 10x14 thick crust with cheese all the way to the edge of the pan. Homemade sauce and homemade dough. The only concession to health is that I will use turkey pepperoni. And there will be chicken with homemade pesto made with basil that I grew on it.

Life is too short for bullshit pizza.
I will make concessions. I can love me a pizza with thin crust and all veggies, no meats, and with the mozeralla lightened with a feta supplement. I can dig it.

But Calleflawer. It may as well be my morning meds. Only, rather a quick wash down with water, I have chew and swallow and chew and swallow. It's torment just thinking about it.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I do have to give you :clap: for intentionally (I assume) misspelling cauliflower three times in three different ways. :lol:

Black Lives Matter

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

There is definitely a state where you can have elevated blood sugar but not be diabetic. If you do nothing the chances are very high that you will become diabetic. Can't believe a doctor wouldn't know this?
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Lorini wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 pmCan't believe a doctor wouldn't know this?
Eye doctors dealing with constant diabetic eye exams. Maybe they don't like people downplaying the severity. :confusion-shrug:
Black Lives Matter

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Late to the party here.

Sepiche, if you had your heart attack shortly after waking, you may wish to pursue a sleep study for sleep apnea. Significant sleep apnea, especially when associated with oxygen drops, can push a person over the edge into a heart attack.

Dr. Freyland
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I try and use my CPAP machine. I try. But sometime in the middle of the night I end up taking the stupid mask off and turning off the machine and I don't even remember doing it.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hentzau wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:06 pm I try and use my CPAP machine. I try. But sometime in the middle of the night I end up taking the stupid mask off and turning off the machine and I don't even remember doing it.
I wake up and adjust my mask six or more times a night and the one I have is by far the best one I've tried. I haven't used mine in a week though because of my cold which both seals my nostrils and irritates my throat when I lay down. I'm not a fan, but I am generally compliant as they say they can tell it is effectively treating my sleepapnea. I've been on it for about 13 months and it has done zero to improve my being awake an alert.

OtOH, they also eventually settled on modafinil after a bunch of different failed attempts at head meds (one particular failure saw me have my first ever panic very very real, I'm going to die, attack). Modafinil has made me a bit more "present" through out the day. And after some long discussions they took me off Humira and I feel like I've come out a four year long coma. I still have no energy and I imagine that would happen to anyone nearly 50 years old who has literally done nothing for over years. But my fatigue is not so great that I can't at least try being active for a minute or two before my body and lungs give out from having done nothing for so long. Now I need the drive to put in the effort to rebuild any sense of stamina. Baby steps, I guess... (Also still have no permanent replacement for the Humira, so I'm not sure about those steps either but I'd rather be painfully on the verge of shitting myself all day long than go back to the state of fatigue I was in.)
Last edited by LordMortis on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I always use my CPAP machine but my sleeping has gotten worse over the years. I'm not blaming that but it don't seem to be helping. I too have sleep apnea.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

LM
I still have no energy and I imagine that would happen to anyone nearly 50 years old who has literally done nothing for over years.
I went with my sister to Lowes today and we walked from the front to the garden center end. She needed a buggy so I walked back in and to the front then back out. I was give out. Im 50 this May and also have done nothing in decades much.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:37 pm LM
I still have no energy and I imagine that would happen to anyone nearly 50 years old who has literally done nothing for over years.
I went with my sister to Lowes today and we walked from the front to the garden center end. She needed a buggy so I walked back in and to the front then back out. I was give out. Im 50 this May and also have done nothing in decades much.
And man do I feel for you. I have no idea how I'm going to turn myself around but at least now I have starting point for the moment. In October, I was still pretty much hopeless.