Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Paingod

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm
Paingod wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 pm If I wasn't a vegetarian, I'd go there for lunch today and order one on principle.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a decent veggie burger (might not be vegan though) as many other fast food joints are carrying them, and taste-wise, they tend to be totally reasonable.
I'll be darned, they do. They use MorningStar patties, which is acceptable. Not the best, but not the worst I've ever had. They're the best the local market sells, so I have them periodically (prefer the Black Bean ones). I don't know if I could go there and order up a burger I could make at home better, though. It seems a waste - but it's good knowing they're back on the menu (assuming the cashier gets the order right!) for long road trips.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:58 pm
Paingod wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:45 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:35 pm Tell me that dude in charge of the media account isn't going to be looking for a new job shortly.

Still, worth it.
I dunno. If you look at their Twitter account, they get very little play. This is an explosive near-viral Tweet. He may get promoted.
I have no doubt it's good for their brand. I have some doubt that the old white men on the board will see it that way, especially when Drumpf starts tearing into them on twitter.
It's quite an innocuous tweet that will play to all sides. They acknowledge a "large order" and only poke fun at the typo. If it even comes to the attention of Trump, he'd probably love that fact that they're taking about him and his huge burger order of the century.

Also, old white men on the boards usually let the marketing weirdos do what they're good at.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:16 pm It's quite an innocuous tweet that will play to all sides. They acknowledge a "large order" and only poke fun at the typo. If it even comes to the attention of Trump, he'd probably love that fact that they're taking about him and his huge burger order of the century.

Also, old white men on the boards usually let the marketing weirdos do what they're good at.
I think you don't understand just how big Drumpf's ego is, how insecure he is, or how much he desperately wants people to respect him. Disrespecting him in public to a wide audience is probably the fastest way to get on his shit list. I give even odds that in the next 48 hours he claims that BK is a front for Dems dirty money. Also, Hilary for some reason.

Old white men on the board are only vaguely aware that marketing weirdos exist, until the president of the united states of america starts criticizing their company because of said weirdos.

In the end, who cares though. Let's say you're right for the sake of argument. While I don't agree with LM's take on the situation, I will agree with his sentiment that there are bigger fish to fry. It is laughable that LM thinks that criticism for drumpf over this little episode is indicative of the validity of future criticisms, especially during the presidential race. If the last 2 years of criticisms hasn't convinced LM of the many, many, unbelievably many valid and significant reasons that drumpf deserves criticism, then I don't think he's ever going to make the connection.

It's ok to crap on Obama's tan suit while understanding that Obamacare will destroy America.

Tan suit is "today". Obamacare is everyday. Similarly, fast food buffet is today. Literally everything else about drumpf is everyday.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You know I might forgive the fast food if he'd stop jerking himself off in public about it. Everything is self aggrandisement for this clown. Every. God. Damn. Thing.

I find that particular trait, on anyone, incredibly obnoxious.

Let your actions speak for themselves. *We'll* determine if they are praise worthy, not you.

If he had simply said that in a discussion between himself, his advisors, and Clemson we came up with this solution. We all agreed it's a good compromise and might be quite a lot of fun too.

Things would have been a lot different. The media would absolutely ask who's paying for it, at which point you let one of your advisors tell them it was you. Even better if you're not in the room when it happens. Even evener better betterer, tell them to do it "off the record" because the president has forbidden anyone to reveal that it was him.

It's not freakin' hard to at least fake humility, while gaining all the accolades plus more.

He is so fuckin' dumb. It's like watching a toddler play with grown up stuff. He has no idea how any of it works but he sure seems excited to be allowed to touch everything.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Toe wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:30 pm
Max Peck wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 pm Gaudy gilded candelabras and ostentatious piles of tepid fast food arrayed on silver trays, but no tablecloth to protect the table. It's a fairly apt metaphor for the Trump administration.
I think it would be complete if the portrait of Lincoln behind him was face-palming.
Someone on Twitter was clearly thinking the same thing (click for full effect):
Enlarge Image
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I was going to post nearly the same thing except mine includes the important last frame...
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hodor.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Michael Strahan Invites Clemson For Lobster After Trump's Fast-Food Buffet.
Huffpost wrote: “We gonna take care of you,” Strahan, a Hall of Famer who played for the New York Giants, said on the show. “We gonna give you the proper meal that you deserve because that was one great game, a great accomplishment.”
If you don't know who Strahan is (I didn't), he's the current host of Good Morning America and a NY Giants hall of famer.

As much as I recognize the fast food approach has a certain charm, I still find the idea fairly insulting. These are national champions, not the B league losers of the big game in local little league. The coach doesn't take them out for pizza to sooth their hurt feelings.

I recognize that this is a PR stunt, although being an ex-professional football player gives it a certain amount of respectable sincerity.

Separately, I hope this makes drumpf's blood boil. He needs more stress in his life, and if it's of his own making, so much the better.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Strahan is legit (except for his single season sack record). In addition to GMA, he's a host on Fox NFL Sunday (think Hockey Night in Canada x10) and a well known media personality.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It’s winter. The Canadians don’t need your shade.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:09 pm Strahan is legit (except for his single season sack record). In addition to GMA, he's a host on Fox NFL Sunday (think Hockey Night in Canada x10) and a well known media personality.
Of course he's legit. Is the offer anything but PR though? Nothing you wrote tells me anything about his motivations. I mean, I have every reason to believe he's actually going to do it, it would be insane to offer and then not follow through, that he wouldn't never crossed my mind, but that's not the part I'm questioning.

In any case, I hope Clemson accepts. Why would they not? Also, I wonder if I can sneak in as part of the team and get me a lobster dinner too.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:09 pm Strahan is legit (except for his single season sack record). In addition to GMA, he's a host on Fox NFL Sunday (think Hockey Night in Canada x10) and a well known media personality.
Of course he's legit. Is the offer anything but PR though? Nothing you wrote tells me anything about his motivations. I mean, I have every reason to believe he's actually going to do it, it would be insane to offer and then not follow through, that he wouldn't never crossed my mind, but that's not the part I'm questioning.

In any case, I hope Clemson accepts. Why would they not? Also, I wonder if I can sneak in as part of the team and get me a lobster dinner too.
Since it's great PR it's impossible to tell if he has zero PR motivation but I believe it's a sincere offer to give the players the special meal they deserve. Although I have a hard time imagining them wanting for lobster if they asked a booster or two.

Strahan is like a giant teddy bear.

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:54 pm Since it's great PR it's impossible to tell if he has zero PR motivation but I believe it's a sincere offer to give the players the special meal they deserve. Although I have a hard time imagining them wanting for lobster if they asked a booster or two.
It's all good. I am not familiar with the man, and perhaps if I was I might have a better feel for his actions.

a) I think it's great for the players.
b) I think it's great PR.
c) I think it's gotta be great for a former player to be able to reward up and coming stars. Giving back to what made you is very rewarding in it's own right.
d) I think it's a kick in the teeth to drumpf. So that is it's own reward as well.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Strahan has stayed largely apolitical and has relied on Fox and Disney for his payouts over the last how many years. I'm sure it's both self promotional and heartfelt. My best bet. It was was a spontaneous statement added to a known news item they were to discuss but he'll back it up.

... Here's where it happens

... You judge... (start at two minutes... seeing it, it does not look spontaneous but it does look to be both GMA promotional and heartfelt)

edit

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:05 pm
d) I think it's a kick in the teeth
And here you say you don't know Strahan...
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:10 pm
:lol: :clap:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:05 pm
LordMortis wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:10 pm
:lol: :clap:
Only Cody Parkey could hit his teeth.

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Both
One at a times.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Mike Huckabee has a talk show on Evangelical network TBN.

And people say conservatives aren't funny...

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Holman

Post by Holman »

Randy Rainbow is a national treasure.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:09 pm Strahan is legit (except for his single season sack record).
:clap:
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

First off, the video:

And then this...

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

And yet AOC is the one teaching the Democrats how to Twitter.
Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It seems likely there was a lifetime of "quality" parenting behind this moment. (Editorial note: I'm ignoring the stupid tweet text because he clearly isn't bothered)

Jeez - it was way worse than that looked even

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

According to the comments, these kids were there attending a “March for Life”, and surrounded these men at the end of the Indigenous Peoples March in an attempt to intimidate them.

Thankfully, the school these kids are from has been identified, and they’ve already taken down their Twitter and FB accounts due to the backlash. There’s some comfort in knowing these little asshole’s faces will be permanently associated with this display.

Seriously, how shitty - and woefully ignorant of US history - of a person do you have to be to think this is acceptable?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Trump should have gone with Chick-fil-A. :wink:

Enlarge Image
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

That footage breaks my heart.

Those Kavanaugh-pukes-in-training are lucky this happened in public. That smug grin would have been replaced by a mouf of teeth shards had they pulled that shit anywhere private.

Indians may be peaceful but they may not be. And those who choose not to be have genetic rage built in. They've seen a lot and heard stories the elders tell. And they will let it out on those who deserve it. Rightfully so...
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The one's at last year's Ministry show were better.

Holman

Post by Holman »

The Native American elder being mocked by smug little MAGA shits is a Vietnam veteran who performs ceremonies annually for natives buried at Arlington.

The lamest leftiest political-cartoon hack wouldn't attempt an allegory this broadly obvious.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

They were chanting “build the wall”. To a Native American.

Let that sink in for a moment.

It certainly takes a special kind of stupid to fully embrace the red cap.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:22 pm They were chanting “build the wall”. To a Native American.

Let that sink in for a moment.

It certainly takes a special kind of stupid to fully embrace the red cap.
It's consistent and accurate.

The Wall is in their hearts.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Holman wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:53 pm The Native American elder being mocked by smug little MAGA shits is a Vietnam veteran who performs ceremonies annually for natives buried at Arlington.
I think it was pretty great that the little puke didn't even bother him. He's seen much worse.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:48 am According to the comments, these kids were there attending a “March for Life”, and surrounded these men at the end of the Indigenous Peoples March in an attempt to intimidate them.

Thankfully, the school these kids are from has been identified, and they’ve already taken down their Twitter and FB accounts due to the backlash. There’s some comfort in knowing these little asshole’s faces will be permanently associated with this display.

Seriously, how shitty - and woefully ignorant of US history - of a person do you have to be to think this is acceptable?
Both sides!!!! All Sides!!!! Antifa!!!

Also they are from a good Catholic Christian school, raised with good Christian values, and chaperoned by good Christian school teacher role models.

Edit:

I'm sitting here getting angrier and angrier over this one instance. I don't know this emotionally worse than so many other things we've seen over the last two years but it is.
Last edited by LordMortis on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:48 am Seriously, how shitty - and woefully ignorant of US history - of a person do you have to be to think this is acceptable?
I bet their school has a lacrosse team.

Edit to add that they sure do have a lacrosse team, just a club team...it'd be a shame for somebody to run some facial recognition software on the team photo.

https://www.covcath.org/athletics/team- ... team-id/53
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Don’t like what the kids did, but I dislike the internet trying to ruin their lives even more. We were all stupid teenagers at some point. They need guidance, not a public execution. I’m fine with people contacting the school and complaining, but trying to find the names of these admittedly wrong kids so they can be persecuted and threatened on social media is even more egregious. I’m really glad I went through my teens before the internet.
Covfefe!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 pm I’m really glad I went through my teens before the internet.
+1.

That said, I probably got off easier than I should have, and examples like the affluenza case show that people got off easier than they should most of the time.

They deserve some serious pain for what they did. A scolding isn't going to cut it. That doesn't mean I want their heads either.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 pm I’m really glad I went through my teens before the internet.
I guess, but even at that age I knew better than to be that much of a complete and total asshole. I don't have a lot of sympathy for anyone that goes out and behaves that callously.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 pm Don’t like what the kids did, but I dislike the internet trying to ruin their lives even more. We were all stupid teenagers at some point. They need guidance, not a public execution. I’m fine with people contacting the school and complaining, but trying to find the names of these admittedly wrong kids so they can be persecuted and threatened on social media is even more egregious. I’m really glad I went through my teens before the internet.
Yep. The way to deal with a bully isn't with bullying.