Resident Evil 2 remake

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

MonkeyFinger

Resident Evil 2 remake

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Is anyone playing this? I never did Back In The Day but it's scratching the RE/horror/zombie shooter itch for me right now. I've escaped from the Police Station and trying to get out of the parking garage but wondering... I assume I'll be coming back to the Station at some point, yes? I did not get all of the fancy card suit keys (only the first one) and there are places I've not accessed yet and puzzles needing to be solved, dagnabbit.
-mf
Skinypupy

Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

Post by Skinypupy »

RE2 is the first survival horror game I ever played. It's also the only survival horror game I've ever finished, and to be honest, the only survival horror game I've ever enjoyed. Looking back at it now, I'm not sure if it was because the game was really good, or simply because the genre was completely new to me at the time and I just didn't know any better. Probably a bit of both, to be honest.

I'm interested in giving it another go to see if it's unique status in my gaming history holds true, but probably not at $60. Will go on the wish list for a holiday sale.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Found out it's not the best game to play right before going to bed. :shock:
-mf
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i started a thread in the PC forum, where it received exactly 0 replies. i played the demo and i liked the similarity in playstyle to RE4.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:16 pmI assume I'll be coming back to the Station at some point, yes?
Just in case, I'll spoiler this:
Spoiler:
And the answer is "yes", specifically right away as there's something in the garage you need to progress further in the station and then vice-versa. And I should have taken the time to open the compact safe when I found it. D'oh.
-mf
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

:shock:

So... "Tyrant" has shown up, guess this giant slab of meat is going to be chasing me around for the rest of the game? Dang. All I've managed to do so far is stun him momentarily, that and shoot off his hat in my first moment of blind panic. Yay, Achievement! Now, run dummy, run! :D
-mf
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

:D
-mf