PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo »

Here are 3 views of the same enemy player at the very same moment in time for Red51ve, GreenGoo and Superlulz. A split second later Red double tapped him before Super or I could get a piece of him. Poor guy. I did manage to hit him before he fell but after Red had already killed him.

Red
Enlarge Image

Green
Enlarge Image

Lulz
Enlarge Image

Edit: Red deserves a capital.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Wow, no way that ended well for him in just about any case. That was pretty cool.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So, if you've ever wondered if you killed/were killed on someone's stream, this is the site for you:

https://pubg.report/
Octavious

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious »

That’s awesome. Sadly most of those are me getting killed and not the other way around.

The one where I rushed the guy and killed him was funny. I saw him landing and just grabbed the first thing I found and ran at him. :)
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So aways back we land in Severny with at least one other team and we get one of theirs and they get 3 of ours. I'm last man standing and things go my way for once and I take out all 3 with a pump action shot gun. Well the last player was a woman and she was streaming. You can hear their chatter. You don't often get to see AND hear things from the enemy's point of view, but here it is.

Here it is from my perspective, with our discord channel audio
Goo's Pump Action Action

Here it is from her perspective, with her team audio
Goo kills 3 with a shotgun
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm amazed to see that I remember every single time I was killed from those listed on the site.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Same lol
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Something fun I did recently is search that website for chacoTaco, then watch all the times he got killed. If he was killed by another streamer I could watch both sides of chaco dying. It was educational. First, chaco dies just like the rest of us, to 3rd parties, to being late to the landing site, to being victim to bad initial loot at the landing site, things like that. All the videos he puts up are wins. The video on that streamer database website contain plenty of times he gets his ass kicked. He seems to have a near prescient ability to interpret audio information and turn it into a combat advantage, so it was a bit of a relief to see him misinterpret it occasionally, or just fail completely. People with supernatural abilities are creepy, so it's good to know he is actually human, at least some of the time.

I always knew that even the best die far more often than they don't, but it took watching it happen to really internalize it. I hope this will help me be less frustrated when I die in certain situations. You're gonna die, and sometimes it doesn't matter how well you play, you're gonna die and there isn't anything you can do about it. Most of the time I feel like I played poorly or made mistakes, but not always. I'm hoping this will take the edge off some of my disappointment.

I also learned that there is a concept in the pubg community (well, it exists in most battle royale games it seems) where killing and downed opponent while his teammates are still alive called "bloodthirsty" or "thirsty". The idea is that it's dishonorable to kill a downed enemy, the honorable thing being fighting the rest of his team and only when the entire enemy team is dead should you get the credit for the kill. It seems to be this weird house rule that people believe is a more "honorable" way to play.

Here's the deal. I can't kill your team. It's lucky I even managed to down one of you. I am ALWAYS being killed and knocked out of the game. My game is always being ruined. In fact that's the entire point of the game, as winning without a kill is (almost) impossible. So if I get the rare chance to kill a knocked player, I'm taking it.

I understand house rules exist and I get unwritten rules exist and I get that it's "more fun" for some people to play by those rules. I've done it myself in other games and other sports. I just don't care for this particular rule and I never will (barring a miracle where I can suddenly afford to leave multiple enemies still alive and still come out on top, which isn't going to happen).

In the end it's people making their own rules then getting upset when others don't follow them. Well, depends on the person. Sometimes it's just a label with no ill will behind it. Like an aggro player is just a label for a player that likes to constantly push.

It doesn't bother me and I'm not part of the streaming community so I don't care what they say anyway, but I thought it was interesting to find this out. My first clue was in that video I just posted where the enemy team said to themselves that I was "griefing" because I killed a knocked player. I thought that was odd so I started paying attention to streamer chatter and a picture eventually became clear.

So just a bit of trivia. I've always said that if I can't win (I can't, not really. Once in a blue moon doesn't count imo) then I'm going to ruin someone else's game. I'm the backshootin'st ruiner that ever played PUBG, and that's how it's gonna stay. This isn't your personal playground where you make the rules, it's battle royale with the last man standing getting his dinner. I might not get a dinner, but you sure as f**k won't either, if I have something to say about it. :P

Lastly, I'm not a fan of heavily made up female gamer streamers. I get that being attractive gets you subscriptions, and subscriptions are income, so I don't begrudge that you dress like it's Friday night and you're going out clubbing while you stream Battlefield V or whatever, but I don't have to like it either and I don't. With that out of the way, a heavily made up female gamer shot chacoTaco to death, which was pretty sweet. Now, it wasn't a duel and he was looking the other way, but watching her play, she is clearly very skilled at the game (I'm not even remotely in the same class as her. She was very good, at least mechanically, which is all I stuck around to find out). I was very impressed. I should note that I have never been a fan of heavy use of makeup, and most of the women I've been attracted to have used it sparingly, so it might be less about the painted face game streaming and more just about the painted on face, but *shrug*.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:03 pm I also learned that there is a concept in the pubg community (well, it exists in most battle royale games it seems) where killing and downed opponent while his teammates are still alive called "bloodthirsty" or "thirsty". The idea is that it's dishonorable to kill a downed enemy, the honorable thing being fighting the rest of his team and only when the entire enemy team is dead should you get the credit for the kill. It seems to be this weird house rule that people believe is a more "honorable" way to play.
If you are a knocked player, in my World you have been downgraded to either "Meat" or "Bait".
"House Rules" were named that way for a reason; that's how you play in "my house". These people need to realize that the internet is their neighborhood, not their house.
GreenGoo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:03 pm Lastly, I'm not a fan of heavily made up female gamer streamers. I get that being attractive gets you subscriptions, and subscriptions are income, so I don't begrudge that you dress like it's Friday night and you're going out clubbing while you stream Battlefield V or whatever, but I don't have to like it either and I don't. With that out of the way, a heavily made up female gamer shot chacoTaco to death, which was pretty sweet. Now, it wasn't a duel and he was looking the other way, but watching her play, she is clearly very skilled at the game (I'm not even remotely in the same class as her. She was very good, at least mechanically, which is all I stuck around to find out). I was very impressed. I should note that I have never been a fan of heavy use of makeup, and most of the women I've been attracted to have used it sparingly, so it might be less about the painted face game streaming and more just about the painted on face, but *shrug*.
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Uh, I mean, must have been a great shot, or something.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I focused on the female gamer and makeup aspect because otherwise it wasn't a kill worthy of note. She was very technically skilled though.

I guess while I understand that people underneath makeup are just regular people like everyone else, I have some bias against people who spend significant time, money and effort on their appearance. This bias is even more true against males than it is for females, but it's a bias I admit to. I'm not opposed to taking care of one's appearance, as I think appearance is actually important in many ways, but it's an overly dedicated focus on appearance that I'm biased against, and heavy makeup and fashionable dressing have always felt beyond good taste into the realm of superficiality, for me. Why is she wearing a plunging neckline if her house is so cold (sweater on shoulders)? Well, I know why, and people gotta do what they gotta do, but I don't have to like it. I'm *really* biased against the use of physical attractiveness to get people to give you things, which is probably where my real issue lies.

In my defense, it's a mild bias at worst.

Here's the clip if you really want to see what I'm talking about. She's not a particularly egregious example either. I wouldn't have even noted it other than her skill played against my bias. At the same time, herself as her avatar in a strapless dress and her exclamation that her pic "isn't clickbait" tells me she is absolutely milking her appearance for all it's worth, which, well, I'm not a woman (and barely average looking in my youth) so it's pretty foreign to me. Her pic is absolutely "clickbait", it just happens to be a legit picture of her as well. It can be both, and it is. Shrug. For the record I don't find her attractive personally, but that's neither here nor there, I'm sure many people do. I admire her pubg skill though. Like I said, she's better than I ever will be.

Avori snipes chacoTaco

Her killfeed is all "unknown#???" and I don't know why. chacoTaco is "unknown#038". You can see for yourself if you watch chaco's stream of the same death.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Battle royale game set in the Titanfall universe soon to be released according to rumours. No details yet except f2p.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

chocoTaco won a duo with his UI turned off/screenshot mode.

Inventory is still visible, boost bar is visible when boosted, map works, that's it.

That's...difficult. Particularly when you have a partner with no tag over his head so you can't shoot everything you see without being sure first.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Had a sweet 8 kill squad match last night. I so badly wanted to get to 10, but I got killed by a guy hiding on a cliff from behind. I need to post the clip of two of the kills. No scope with an SLR from like 200m. The one the guy was standing on a hill. The second one his buddy was trying to drive away. So ya no scope from 200m into a moving car. :lol:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Fyi, my last power outage update says 11pm on the 10th. May be a bit before I rejoin you guys.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 pm Fyi, my last power outage update says 11pm on the 10th. May be a bit before I rejoin you guys.
Good lord. That's nuts. I hope you have a wood burning stove or something.

Good luck Frey.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am The second one his buddy was trying to drive away. So ya no scope from 200m into a moving car. :lol:
Hah, nice.

I recently ironsighted a dude in the chest with an SLR at 100-125m, only to have him take cover and take my head off with his 4x SLR. Just for some perspective on yours. :D
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 pm
Octavious wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am The second one his buddy was trying to drive away. So ya no scope from 200m into a moving car. :lol:
Hah, nice.

I recently ironsighted a dude in the chest with an SLR at 100-125m, only to have him take cover and take my head off with his 4x SLR. Just for some perspective on yours. :D
Well that's what usually happens. One match I waited in ambush while two dudes ran towards me. I waited and waiting until they got out into the open. Take a few shots and the dude sprints back to a tree behind him before I could kill him. So I didn't wait long enough. :( He then of course had an SLR with a 200000x scope and killed me. :grund: The skill level in this game is wayyyyy worse than any of the other BRs I've played. There as so many damn good players out there.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I recently looked at some of my early game videos from back when we first started. They are in third person! if you can believe it. Well holy shit, Red and I are in one of the last circles, and we are PRONE out in the open. Hell, red is snaking across a road. He's literally prone on an asphalt road. You might as well be afk for how long you last if you do that today. And we came in 2nd! Insane how far the skill level in the game has come along since it was originally released.

I wish my skill had improved as much as everyone else's. On the plus side, I could definitely kick my own ass from back then.

In the Apex thread I mention choco's comments about the skill ceiling in Apex being lower as compared to PUBG. While those comments don't apply to my own play, I can definitely see what he is talking about.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Suffering PUBG withdrawal since we have no power.
So I grabbed a Nerf gun and shot my kid in the head.
Since he was prone (and asleep), I couldn't resist the urge to yell "NOOB!"
It was only 5 m headshot, but I decided that with a K/D ratio of "1.0", I would call it a night.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Freyland wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:21 pm It was only 5 m headshot, but I decided that with a K/D ratio of "1.0", I would call it a night.
Wait... you died?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm
Freyland wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:21 pm It was only 5 m headshot, but I decided that with a K/D ratio of "1.0", I would call it a night.
Wait... you died?
Yeah I thought the K/D would be infinity :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Video of the double kill with no scope. Plus a bonus kill. Ended up with 8 kills this round.
https://youtu.be/pf6XUHLa2Fk

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:21 pm Suffering PUBG withdrawal since we have no power.
So I grabbed a Nerf gun and shot my kid in the head.
Since he was prone (and asleep), I couldn't resist the urge to yell "NOOB!"
It was only 5 m headshot, but I decided that with a K/D ratio of "1.0", I would call it a night.
Pretty quiet night, just Path and I doing some duos. With Apex out I think a lot of the more experienced players aren't playing PUBG right now, which is good, because I managed to get some kills and generally not die instantly, or at least not as often.

So you're not missing anything other than your withdrawal. I mean, we had a bit of fun but it was just the two of us.

Edit: After only 2 days off, getting warmed up for PUBG again was painful. The mobility in Apex is far higher, but you feel tankier too. In PUBG if you don't react instantaneously you're dead. That can happen in Apex as well, but not as often, and not quite as fast. Mostly you have enough time to move and fire and move before you die in Apex. So coming back to PUBG I felt like I had more time to react, and so I died a couple of times without ever bringing my gun up, let alone firing. Path and I got a few kills after I warmed up though, so it was fun regardless.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:45 pm Video of the double kill with no scope. Plus a bonus kill. Ended up with 8 kills this round.
https://youtu.be/pf6XUHLa2Fk
Crazy. 8 kills is something I can only dream about. I think my max is 4, and that might only be once. At most twice. Even 3 is pretty rare.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Doesn't usually happen. Just had a 5 kill round... Had a nice squad wipe.

https://youtu.be/PCN9gBZsrYI

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Looking good that I could be on tonight!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:57 pm Looking good that I could be on tonight!
Good stuff. Fingers crossed.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

:horse: I'M BACK, BITCHES! :horse:

(Three-man squad, with Cort, Frey, Pathfinder)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice! Played a bit the last couple of days. Few nice 6-7 kill rounds but mostly dry on wins. The last one I had was oddly a solo squad on the desert. Everyone bailed and I played it out. 4 kills the last being an awm to the head. I almost screwed it up which would have royally pissed me off.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Frey, Cort and Pathfinder had a #2 right before that win, so they were having a good night over all.

Cort was streaming and I was watching it unfold.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I've taken a few days off and I'll probably take a few more. I find lately that I'm just not enjoying myself and both Apex and PUBG are leaving me in a bad mood. When I do well I don't feel good about it and when I do badly I feel grumpy, so I think a break is in order.

I'll probably be back this weekend at some point. Just a heads up in case you're wondering why I'm not on discord.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 pm
I'll probably be back this weekend at some point. Just a heads up in case you're wondering why I'm not on discord.
I've been lost, aimlessly clicking on discord servers, hoping you'll appear.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:45 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 pm
I've been lost, aimlessly clicking on discord servers, hoping you'll appear.
I think I did that last weekend. I should be around this weekend, but probably not tonight (for those of you reading along who aren't playing D&D tonight).
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

So I was at castle and decided to try a cheeky play of hiding behind a podium. And just my luck the best player in PUBG Kaymind is my first "target". A he somehow sees my feet. B he kills me in a nano second. I bet 98 other players in the game wouldn't have seen me. :lol:

https://pubg.report/streams/9f735903-11 ... 3/50332196

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

When I watch choco I'm constantly thinking plays that are 1/2 as good as what he does are assumed to be someone cheating by many of the people we play with. He does things that would not be believed even when watching a replay. His ability to turn sound cues into tactical knowledge is unparalleled, as far as I can tell. I recently watched him staring into a smoke bomb cloud, hear someone move in it and immediately fire "blind" into it and vaporize the guy. I've seen him shoot through the branches of 3 different trees at once. I've seen him shoot someone in the toe from 200 meters under a car. I've seen him peek from a tree so fast I'm not sure I saw his target, then peek the other side and headshot him and return to cover before the bullet lands, or if he missed the headshot tell his partner where he hit (body location) and approx. how many hp his target has left. His grenades are almost always bang on, but he misses those often enough that he's at least human sometimes.

His ability to see literally everything at any range is awe-inspiring. That said, I watched him playing and he was somewhat distracted interacting with his twitch chat feed, and he missed a guy moving across his screen at 50m then enter a house. Time passed, then he missed the guy vaulting out of the house and moving away, in and out of cover. More time passes, and he finally sees the guy 200+m on a bridge, and kills him in 2 shots. Was funny to watch because the guy had no idea choco was there, and vice versa, so he was happily looting away unaware that instant death was mere meters away.

What the better players can do in this game is incredible. Outside of the physical abilities (like seeing everything) and the technical skills (aiming and hitting in a split second), choco has really excellent tactical awareness and planning that I don't see most other streamers capable of. Watching WackyJacky is sometimes painful, as it's clear that choco plays on a whole other level comparatively.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Watch some of Kaymind's videos. I'd say he's better than Choco. Actually I'd say he's way better. He's Shroud level. This is the type of person I get matched up with in solos. :grund: I should create dummy accounts so I can play against some bad players to feel better. :mrgreen:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I watched some.

If you want to be matched with lesser players, start ranking lower. While PUBG makes some noise about "proprietary behind the scenes algorithms", it's basically how you rank in each game. Kills by most accounts are irrelevant, which is weird.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

How do I rank lower? Just throw matches over and over until it tanks? That seems silly. :)

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You don't. You just suck it up when someone better than you kicks your ass.

I was being diplomatic.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Someone asked a question in discord which reminded me of wackyjacky doing his afk grandmaster experiment.

wackyjacky afk'ing through the ranking system

reddit discussion of wackyjacky experiment

Now I realize this ranking is not the in-game final ranking per match that I mentioned and Oct is talking about, but I assume matchmaking is related to both of these somehow. Details are just not available as bluehole has been tight lipped on their ranking and matchmaking.