Kickstarter and other crowdfunding platforms

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

TheMix

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by TheMix »

Pretty sure it's available on TableTop Simulator. So, theoretically, you two could play.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I haven't bought AE: Legacy yet but I need to get on it. I'm probably in for AE: The New Age. I love the idea of being able to play a campaign using my existing stuff (of which there is a lot).
RMC

Post by RMC »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:16 am Seppe, Zarathud and I played the first two missions, but we haven't gone back since. Mainly because folks are either too busy, or we end up playing something else. I'm trying to be more inclusive in my game choices lately and letting folks bring over the games they bought so I'm not always forcing folks to play my stuff.

That needs to stop! :D
I had one friend stop by last week, and we played:
Dice Throne, a nice game with some interesting mechanics, I can see us playing this into the future.
Axis and Allies and Zombies, I'll be honest I didn't really like it, and we ended very early. The zombies really killed my enjoyment of the game. But honestly, Axis and Allies was the game that got me into board gaming back in the day. So maybe the changes were more me being against it from nostalgic type things.
Eldritch horror, I love this game, and it does not hit the table often enough. We lost, but we almost won.

Then on Sunday we got together with 4 of us, and played:
Western Legends, This game when played with 2 of us, sucked. The 'man in black' mechanic was just not that good. At least in my opinion. However, with 4 of us, this game really shined. Enough so that I went and backed the expansion and all the addons.

Tagging onto Hepcats post, because I have no problem with him pushing his games on me, since for the most part I end up buying the damn things after he shows them to me. Hell, between Hep and Zarathud I think that I have purchased 10+ games. I really should not befriend such pushers of addictive habits. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh man, I love me some Dice Throne. I'm anxiously waiting to pick up season 2 of the game franchise. :wub:

At Origins I'll force you to play Anachrony at 1 in the morning again. Now that's a game I don't mind pushing on folks.
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I'm trying to limit myself to Vindication and Munchkin Dungeon. My kids really like the Munchkin art and miniatures are just irresistible. Where else am I going to get such zany figures? And Vindication just looks good.

I'm hoping to get back to a regular gaming schedule after moving/work busy season, and having a dedicated table will help. I have so many unplayed games.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Zarathud »

Kickstarter is less costly than a Ferrari or alimony.

And now I want to play Aeon's End and Anachrony in addition to Root and Burning Suns (space 4x).
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think we're playing Root this Saturday. J just got it. I'm just sayin'.
Covfefe!
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:57 pm Kickstarter is less costly than a Ferrari or alimony.

And now I want to play Aeon's End and Anachrony in addition to Root and Burning Suns (space 4x).
Did Burning suns come in? Was the one that used different dice for each unit?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I only have 4 outstanding kickstarter board games! Of course, those 4 games represent an expense of $639. More than half of that is Gotham City Chronicles. I just saw the update today that showed the stack of boxes for the all-in pledge. Christ, my shelves are not ready for that. There is also Zombicide in space which is my last Zombicide ever, the previously mentioned Aeon's End and finally Sabotage, which kind of looks like Tim Fowers' (Paperback, Burgle Bros) take on Captain Sonar.

3 of the 4 are due in the next couple months and then my kickstarter backlog will be basically clear!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I've got Hexplore It 1 and 2 (i sold off my first edition of Hexplore It 1 on ebay for close to what I paid for it retail, then added the 2nd edition of it on the kickstarter for the 2nd game in the series), Tainted Grail, Unbroken, Black Sonata, Pax Pamir, Machina Arcana, Street Masters, and Set a Watch in the wings...oh, and Gloom of Kilforth in March of 2028.
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

What I lack in current Kickstarters I'll make up for in GenCon purchases. :D
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I think I have like 33 outstanding 2019 KS projects and it's stressing me the f out. I actually had to make a spreadsheet to keep track of things and all I've been doing the last few months is pushing the delivery dates as they continue to slide.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I have two failed, three outstanding.

Failed:
* Unwritten: That Which Happened
* That Which Sleeps

Lesson: don't back anything with 'Which' in the title.

Outstanding:
* General Staff Game of Military Tactics & Wargaming System
* Black Orchestra Conspirator Packs
* Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

One for hentzau's list: Gunny Town
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I pledged to my first Kickstarter last week: the second edition of The Champion of the Wild. It's a silly little game about animals competing in Olympic contests. Shut Up & Sit Down loved it and it looks like a fun, easy-to-bring-out, party game.
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 pm I pledged to my first Kickstarter last week: the second edition of The Champion of the Wild. It's a silly little game about animals competing in Olympic contests. Shut Up & Sit Down loved it and it looks like a fun, easy-to-bring-out, party game.
I was in the audience at their PAX Unplugged play-through of Champion of the Wild. It was genuinely hilarious.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 pm Pathogenesis 2nd edition with STD expansion just launched.
Sniff sniff this really appeals to the immunologist that I used to be. You had me at cytokine. :wub:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Glad to be a helper (T-cell).
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:22 pm One for hentzau's list: Gunny Town
I still have a copy of Saloon Tycoon in shrink wrap. And Western Legends is now my go-to wild west board game...such that I'm thinking about dumping my copy of Spurs into my FLGS auction. Along with Saloon Tycoon. Going to keep Colt Express and Flick 'Em Up. Too much goofy fun there.

So, pass. But keep recommending western games!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Ok changed my pledge and went all in on STREET MASTERS. May God have mercy on my wallet.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was going to go all in on SM, but since Smoove announced the upcoming fantasy version of the game system, I'm thinking I'll just stick with the core for SM and go all in on that one when it hits KS.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:54 pmI'm thinking I'll just stick with the core for SM and go all in on that one when it hits KS.
They're giving out lil' bits of information on the Blacklist site. I suspect once Brook City hits distribution, it will possibly be on KS shortly thereafter. Word on the street is that Brook City will be shipping the last week of February, which is insane - wasn't due until May.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Aaaannnddd now I'm reasoning with myself that Alter Quest will just be a core game most likely, so there won't be as much to go "all in" with, so why not do so with a proven commodity like Street Masters.

Damn you, subconscious! Damn you to hell!

edit: although that 23 extra bucks for shipping is kind of holding me back.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I still haven't touched 50% of the Street Masters core box material or any of the expansion stuff I have from the first KS. It's an insane amount of content in that core box - truly - and I think anyone could just own that core box and be very, very happy. Even though I'm all in on Aftershock it probably represents an overwhelming amount of playing options.

The rub is that if you really like it, you're absolutely going to want to grab every.thing.else. the system has to offer because of that deck system that allows you to quickly reset and change variables (stage, fighter, enemy).
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I had heard about Altar Quest but my "when you can't decide, just get both" logic processor kicked in. :D
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:Glad to be a helper (T-cell).
Awww from that comment alone I backed the game. Nice to play something with a theme I could really relate to but it will be strange playing for the opposing team and trying to outwit the immune system.

At least it's cheaper than Altar Quest.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's weird, I really struggle with a game like this - simply on theme. It's the same reason I can't play Pandemic. I play games to escape reality, not reinforce my professional or academic leanings. :D
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:02 pm It's weird, I really struggle with a game like this - simply on theme. It's the same reason I can't play Pandemic. I play games to escape reality, not reinforce my professional or academic leanings. :D
I still like the science enough that a game with this sort of theme really excites me. Now if there was a "peer review" game or "surprise lab safety inspection game: play as the safety officer or the scientist scrambling to hide the coffee mug and throw on an uncomfortable lab coat" then hell ya that's work and I wouldn't want to play that.
Black lives matter!

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:02 pm It's weird, I really struggle with a game like this - simply on theme. It's the same reason I can't play Pandemic. I play games to escape reality, not reinforce my professional or academic leanings. :D
But STD’s are a hobby, aren’t they?
Covfefe!
wire

Post by wire »

AWS260 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 pm
wire's friend has a kickstarter coming, a new dice tower that combines with their dice tray. This might be my birthday present to myself.

I should have my hands on my dice box and tray this weekend and I'll post pictures.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm I had heard about Altar Quest but my "when you can't decide, just get both" logic processor kicked in. :D
I got a little extra back in tax refunds than I expected, so I went all in on SM after all. :oops:
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

hepcat wrote:I got a little extra back in tax refunds than I expected, so I went all in on SM after all.
Was there ever any doubt? Welcome to the fold, brother.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Well, by all in, I mean the 209 dollar level with the core and aftershock. I'm not ready to add in all the other 30 dollar expansion boxes and other smaller stuff. I think 6 boxes of games for this should be enough...for a while. :ninja: Plus, I'll probably still jump in on Alter Quest.
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I passed on the add-ins as well. Though my wife would probably disagree, I do have *some* limits.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Well, two new kickstarters have caught my eye...

First, it's the inevitable next game in the Tiny Epic line, Tiny Epic Tactics. Now, I have no delusions about the Tiny Epic games, most are at best fair, but at times they display a bit of brilliance and fun in game play (like Tiny Epic Galaxies). I've backed almost every TE game except for Mechs...but that just didn't trip my trigger. But this one looks both charming and fun. And it has an extremely palatable price point.

The second one caught me out of the blue, and it's a product I had no idea that I wanted: Zorro, The RPG. I love me a swashbuckler RPG, and I have collected many down through the years. What makes this one special to me is that it had elements of the old west that I can add in, but most importantly, it is based on my beloved D6 system from West End Games. That alone makes this an insta-buy.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I thought for sure you were going to say Waste Knights, second edition.
Waste Knights: Second Edition is a post-apocalyptic game of survival and adventure set in dystopian Australia half a century from now. It is a 1-4 player experience allowing you to play cooperatively, competitively or in solo mode depending on the adventure you choose. The game is inspired by cult movies and books of the genre enabling players to immerse themselves in a ruined world full of gangs, mutated creatures, sentient machines and – most of all – unforgettable stories.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:35 pm I thought for sure you were going to say Waste Knights, second edition.
Waste Knights: Second Edition is a post-apocalyptic game of survival and adventure set in dystopian Australia half a century from now. It is a 1-4 player experience allowing you to play cooperatively, competitively or in solo mode depending on the adventure you choose. The game is inspired by cult movies and books of the genre enabling players to immerse themselves in a ruined world full of gangs, mutated creatures, sentient machines and – most of all – unforgettable stories.
One of my gaming group really doesn't like playing post-apoc games. That's why I'm thinking about putting my played twice copy of Defenders of the Last Stand into the local gaming auction next month.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

From the makers of Exploding Kittens comes Throw Throw Burrito!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »