Keyboards

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

TheMix

Re: Keyboards

Post by TheMix »

Kasey Chang wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:34 am It also depends on the typing style. If you are the type that mashes keys no amount of internal silencing will make that quiet. :)
Heh. When my wife types, I always wonder why she's so mad at the keys. 8-)

Edit: Added post quote since being the top of the page loses all context.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Three days with my new, "silent" mechanical keyboard and I'm ready to return it.
I've discovered that pressing the keys on mechanical keyboards is silent, but its the releasing of them that makes a loud rattle.
So I'll get my 100 bucks back tomorrow. and order a $50 scissor-type keyboard that WILL be silent. There really isn't a lot choice in scissor-types if you want one that's backlit. I'm getting the Perixx PX-1900 (not the membrane one) from Amazon.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

TheMix wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:36 am
Kasey Chang wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:34 am It also depends on the typing style. If you are the type that mashes keys no amount of internal silencing will make that quiet. :)
Heh. When my wife types, I always wonder why she's so mad at the keys. 8-)

Edit: Added post quote since being the top of the page loses all context.
Ha! Been there, done that. I don't quote something because it's right there and then I'm starting a new page with no context. :doh:

The keyboards we have at work aren't any kind of silent and people in proximity have been known to ask why I'm "angry typing". Not angry, just fast and loud. :)
-mf
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Dave Allen wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:50 am I'm getting the Perixx PX-1900 (not the membrane one) from Amazon.
I love the feel of my new scissor-type keyboard. As far a I could find, only Perixx sells a scissor-type keyboard with backlighting. I wish there had been other choices, because this one doesn't come with any programming. Every time I boot my computer, I have to reset the color and intensity to my preference. What a pain. Any suggestions?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Dave Allen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm Every time I boot my computer, I have to reset the color and intensity to my preference. What a pain. Any suggestions?
Does your USB port power down COMPLETELY?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Kasey Chang wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:56 pm
Dave Allen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm Every time I boot my computer, I have to reset the color and intensity to my preference. What a pain. Any suggestions?
Does your USB port power down COMPLETELY?
Just unchecked that option in the device manager. Now it should stay set. Thanks!

morlac

Post by morlac »

I got this for Christmas:

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/keyboar ... g-keyboard

They have a choice of non RGB as well so I went with that for $65.00 on super sale at a Microcenter. Cherry Reds FTW! Great "simple"mechanical keyboard that cuts out features I didn't need to get the price down. You can find them pretty easily at $80 with a little effort. Reviews are excellent as well.

I will never use a non mechanical keyboard again. Bonus points: My thumb tendinitis is going away thanks to less smashing of space bar.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

That keyboard looks pretty good. I have the same volume roller on my Corsair and I love it.

Cherry Reds are the best I've ever tried. I like them so much that I bought a Logitech to use at work to replace the crappy membrane keyboard they gave me. I installed a set of o-rings on my work computer to minimize the noise from bottoming out and nobody has said a word about the noise. It's not loud at all and the feel is still excellent.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Next to try: Cherry "silent reds"... Cherry red with built-in dampers so they make much less noise.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Cherry Browns for life, you heathens.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

wonderpug wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:10 pm Cherry Browns for life, you heathens.
Same here. Although I'm interest in Hako Violets.