Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

Post by Blackhawk »

I think I'm going to have to sit this one out. I've got my first cold of the season, and I don't think I can sit there focusing for hours the way we do. At least not without tipping over.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Brian

Post by Brian »

New Operators in Siege

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Wow, a character that ties Dokkaebi in uselessness for Terrorist Hunt!
Brian

Post by Brian »

Too true.

The other operator looks interesting though.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hey! I'm internet famous!

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Whoo! I knew him before he was famous!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I actually have some Division uploads!

First up, we have Bob doing his best Barney Fife impression:

Second, the criminals used to have a problem with people yelling loudly all the time when they died. That's when they asked everyone to please hold their death howls until the end of the fight. Make sure you listen for it...

I had an audio problem with a couple of these, including this one. A fight went badly and we had to beat a hasteless retreat.

Bob engages in some quality squat-sliding to show off his new hovergun.

And this is the bug I keep getting when I say I can't see a damned thing.

Last edited by Blackhawk on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Here's my contribution from last night

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ah, that's what you were talking about. FYI, if you want it to capture your commentary, you'll need to go into the GeForce Experience options and set the mic input.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I did check the mic setting in the GForce software and it was set to "always on" so I'm not sure why it wasn't recording my voice.

Edit: Nevermind. I checked the record settings and it was set to use the mic from my old headset. I've changed it to the new one so it should record in the future.

Speaking of audio problems, I'm not getting any sound at all from your first and third videos.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, I mentioned on the third video that I was having some audio issues that night. I'd unplugged my headset earlier in the day with the system off and forgot to plug it back in before boot, so GeForce Experience set itself to a different device when I started it up.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Not even the pigeons can walk the streets of New York...

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

This is what I was dealing with:

Brian

Post by Brian »

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

Here are a couple of fun clips from tonight's game.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Now here are the actual fun videos:

Because physics:

Brian has his magazine well-trained.

Brian

Post by Brian »

Well dang. I saw that SWAT 4: Gold Edition was $5 on GOG and was going to suggest we add it to our game rotation.

That was until I saw this: "SWAT 4: Gold Edition only supports multiplayer connectivity over LAN or direct connection."

I was like, how can it not support MP over the internet? I distinctly remember playing this with friends... at a LAN Party.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I will be late tonight by about an hour and a half or so.

The good news is that some of my new coworkers are gamers as well so we might be infusing some new blood in the future.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We're gonna need a bigger game.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian

Post by Brian »

Just an FYI to let everybody know that I will be exceptionally late on Thursday (4/4/19) since I work until six and then have to pick up the wife from work at seven so that puts me back home and ready to play no sooner than 7:30 PST.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I just made a post about BL1 in the other thread. I wanted to copy it here just to make sure everyone saw it. There are a few things to be aware of to keep it smooth. Of course, I have no idea how much you've all played BL1, so you may already be aware of all of this.
Since the release of Borderlands GOTY Enhanced, I figure we have at least a few people who have never played, or never played much. I thought it would be handy to give a couple of important pointers to save you some headaches. Borderlands 1 is a great game, but it has a few mechanics and design decisions that aren't immediately obvious, and can have a big effect on gameplay.

1. Borderlands was designed based on the assumption that you'd play through twice. It isn't until the second run with the same character that things really kick off. The tough enemies appear. The really impressive loot starts to drop. It's a lot like Diablo in that regard. You can play it through once on normal, but you'll just be experiencing the intro.

2. One flaw is that it is extremely easy to break BL1 on the first playthrough. Areas are leveled, and when you start something, everything's level is set in playthough 1, and scaled in playthough 2, but within a range limit. The range of playthrough 1 maxes out at 30. If you do everything in PT1, you'll end up in the mid 40s before you finish and will be one-shotting everything. You will then start playthrough 2 already overleveled. You can find elaborate guides on what to do and not to do, but don't worry about that. If you just want to have fun, here's the formula:

A: Do playthrough 1*. Skip all of the DLC (don't travel to Jakob's Cove, T-Bone Junction, or Tartarus Station.) You can travel to Moxxi's, as it doesn't set the level, and it gives you access to your bank.
B: Do playthough 2.
C: Do the DLC in order (Jakob's Cove, T-Bone Junction, Tartarus Station)

* For playthrough 1, all you have to do is watch the main quest. If the level is above you, do a side mission or two until you catch up. If you're higher than the main quest, don't do the extra stuff unless the reward is something you absolutely must have. This does not apply to the second playthrough. Note that quest rewards are scaled to your level, within a range, when you accept the quest, not when you turn it in.

3. You'll see references to playthrough 1 (PT1), PT2, and PT 2.5. PT2.5 is just what happens when you beat the final boss in playthrough 2: All of the enemies in the world get scaled to your level, as do all rewards on unaccepted quests. There are a couple of raids - super hard bosses that drop amazing loot - at the end. If you are interested in this kind of thing, read up on PT2.5, as you can give yourself a real edge by making sure you skip certain quests until then to get the highest level version of the reward.

4. BL1 has a weapon proficiency system. As you use a type of weapon (SMG, sniper rifle, etc), you gain a special type of experience with that weapon type (note - I believe in BL1 you can see the weapon type by looking at the Claptrap in the corner of the weapon card.) As you level up your proficiency, you'll get bonuses with that kind of weapon. The bonuses are significant. At level 100 with a weapon, you'll have +48% damage, +153% accuracy, +102% reload speed, and so on. It is absolutely worth it to pick one or two types of weapons and stick with them throughout the game.

In addition, each character has skills that support certain weapon types:

Lilith: SMGs (especially those with elemental damage)
Mordecai: sniper rifles and pistols
Roland: combat rifles and shotguns
Brick: heavy weapons

You don't have to use a character's preferred weapon type, but if you don't, you'll find that many of your skills don't operate. IE - only Mordecai has skills that affect sniper rifles and pistols, and many of his skills do nothing if you're not wielding one of those weapon types.

Finally, there is one last weapon type: Eridian. They all have Eridian in the name, and they're extremely rare. Be careful here. There is an Eridian sniper rifle, an Eridian pistol, and Eridian SMG, and every other weapon type. The thing is that they are their own, separate proficiency. If you are playing Lilith and building SMG proficiency, then find an Eridian SMG, when you finally replace it, you will have gained a bunch of Eridian proficiency, but no SMG proficiency. And they're rare enough that you won't find enough to play through much of the game with them. I've played through eight or nine times and have saved every Eridian I've found. I'm only now reaching a point where I have enough to consider an Eridian-only playthrough.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sorry about that. My connection came back after about five minutes. I was getting a huge performance drop before that, and afterwards that was gone, too. Oh, well. I had fun, hope everyone else did, too.

Quick question: Does anyone want lots of quick money? If so, I'll bring a couple of items for each of you to sell next time that should keep you solvent at least through the first playthrough. If that doesn't sound appealing, though, I'll skip it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The games I'm seeing, discounting those with linear progression (IE - quest based progression where you can fall behind.) Most we've played.

~GTA Online
~Rainbow Six: Siege
~Left 4 Dead 2
~Warhammer: Vermintide
~Warhammer: Vermintide 2
~MMOs when playing the endgame
~Strange Brigade
Brian

Post by Brian »

Payday 2 (which I know Karen doesn't have)

That's all I've got for now.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Let's see if this turns up anything.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hey, one game we had discussed as an off-game was Dead Island. If we're considering it, it is on sale today, five bucks for one of them, or 11 for the whole series. If we want to give it a whirl, now would be the time, but we'd all have to jump in.

I'm willing if the rest of you are.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I already have the base game.

I can spend the extra if we want grab the whole thing.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Loved that game. Played through with all the characters. The DLC was ... okay.

I wanted to love Dying Light, but found that it was missing some of the things that I really liked about Dead Island. If you do decide to play it and need another, I would be happy to join in again.

Edit: Hmmm... looks like I never got the Definitive Edition.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'll grab the definitive, then.

Or rather I'll get the two definitive editions minus the weird side-scroller retro game.

/edit - OK, grabbed Dead Island and Riptide definitive editions. I'll get the first one installed shortly.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Good call. I have no idea what's up with the retro game... and don't much care. :D

I may finally break down and grab the Definitive Ed. At least of the base game. I was somewhat disappointed in the sequel. Hard to say whether I'll play that one again.

Guess what I'm saying is that you might be fine with just the base game DE.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hell, the more I look at it, I'm not sure that this is a good side game. Mix - does this game have drop in/drop out gameplay, or is it based off of a series of quests? We need something that we can play on the nights that one or the other of us is missing without the missing people falling behind.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:05 pm Hell, the more I look at it, I'm not sure that this is a good side game. Mix - does this game have drop in/drop out gameplay, or is it based off of a series of quests? We need something that we can play on the nights that one or the other of us is missing without the missing people falling behind.
Hmmmm.... Good question. There is a story. And there are quests. But I don't think that matters that much. However, what I don't know is whether it will let people play together if they get too far apart in the main story. It might. Though if you get TOO far, then character levels might get too far apart. That could make it easy/hard for some of the players. You can get by without most of the skill upgrades, probably, but having weapons that are too low in level could cause some issues.

You could opt to play it more like Left 4 Dead. Just run around and kill stuff for the fun of it and more or less ignore the quests. Though you'd eventually want to do some stuff to advance the story to open up new areas. Additionally, you could periodically switch who hosts and then just re-do quests as they come up.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I don't know that it would be a good fit after all, then. We have four people. Right now we're going through a phase where one of us isn't available for the first hour or two on Thursdays. The other becomes unavailable right about the time the first gets home. We're looking for something that we can play when it is different combinations of the three of us one night a week (two hours of players 1,2, and 4, then two hours of 1, 2, and 3.) We're working on Borderlands right now, and can't play that since we need to be on the same quests to really play.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

it sounds like a great fit for later when we're done with Borderlands, though, so it wasn't a wasted purchase!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

When Brian knocks...

My quickest round all night.

Ham and I visit the underworld
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I noticed that they seem to have some glitches with cars. I didn't drop through the world, but did manage to drive through a wall and into an area that was essentially off the map. Still, I'll put up with everything to not have to individually click on money and ammo to pick it up!

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hear, hear!
Brian

Post by Brian »

Once again it wasn't recording my voice input so none of the videos I saved from Thursday night make much sense without the commentary (like Duane walking right up to the thermite bomb I warned him about) but I did capture one that didn't need any verbal input.

Introducing the newest Siege Operator: Shakes, the epileptic counter-terrorist agent.

Brian

Post by Brian »

Blackhawk makes a nice, mid-air jumping kill shot.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Did I really say, "Thank yuh?" :doh: I need to beat the Indiana dialect back down again.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.