Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Holman

Re: Random randomness

Post by Holman »

hentzau wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:57 am Guess who threw up in the middle of a conference call with about 100 people today?

THIS GUY!!!
Brilliant!

I'm sure at least a dozen others wish they'd thought of it first.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Did anyone yell BINGO after you hurled? Because that's about the only thing that could have made it better.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hentzau wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:57 am Guess who threw up in the middle of a conference call with about 100 people today?

THIS GUY!!!
When reached for comment, Grunthos was reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sorry to hear that, Hentzau. I hope you were able to portion out enough for everyone though!

In other news, someone brought up the old alt.pave.the.earth newsgroup in conversation earlier and it immediately brought me back to many a night laughing my ass off reading some of the theories and plans (all joking, of course) found in that venerable old group.

Let's all repeat the creed, shall we?
THE CREED (tm) of the PAVERS (traditional version)
--------------------------------------------------

We believe in a completely Paved Earth.

Earth is cursed with trees, shrubs, grass,
and scurrying creatures. With every breath
We act to right this terrible wrong.

We believe in The Plan (tm).

The Plan (tm) is the final word; it brings us
the knowledge of the twin pleasures:
Speed and Convenience.

We believe food should be enjoyed.

"Nutrition" is an aberration of human nature.
The juicy Burger and hearty Beer are Our sacrament.

We believe in the Depletion of scarce natural resources.

Some see the vessel as half full; others see it as
half-empty; We pour it out on the floor and laugh.

We believe in a sky roiling with Smog.

The color blue should appear nowhere but the paint
on Our HyperCars (tm).
Covfefe!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Smoove_B wrote:Did anyone yell BINGO after you hurled? Because that's about the only thing that could have made it better.
I actually was able to mute myself in time to hurl, and caught most of it in a mug I had at my desk. I finished and went off mute just in time to answer the next question. And spend the next 15 minutes answering questions partially covered in my own filth.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Holman

Post by Holman »

hentzau wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:12 pm
Smoove_B wrote:Did anyone yell BINGO after you hurled? Because that's about the only thing that could have made it better.
I actually was able to mute myself in time to hurl, and caught most of it in a mug I had at my desk. I finished and went off mute just in time to answer the next question. And spend the next 15 minutes answering questions partially covered in my own filth.
The birth of a new metaphor is a beautiful thing.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

He should compare notes with TK-42BrianMetalWarlord.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Wrong end.
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Random randomness

Post by Zarathud »

Owch, that blows.

It should make for a good example of your dedication to the company come review time, though.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Three rows of forums in gaming is messing with my world.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NBC News
A South Carolina man who bought more than 120 boxes of Girl Scouts cookies to help the scouts escape the cold has been arrested on drug charges.

News outlets report the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency says 46-year-old Detric Lee McGowan was arrested Tuesday on charges including conspiracy to distribute fentanyl and cocaine. The agency says McGowan is the same man who appeared in a photo that garnered thousands of views and shares online.

Mother Kayla Dillard had shared the photo on Facebook, saying the man paid $540 in cash for all the girls' cookies so they could escape the cold outside a store near Greenville, South Carolina. She said she didn't get the man's name.

An indictment issued last week says McGowan, also known as "Fat," is one of several suspects in an ongoing drug investigation. It says he and 10 other people conspired to import drugs from Mexico in late 2018.
Odd that someone carrying over $500 in cash would be involved in something shady.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:01 pm NBC News
A South Carolina man who bought more than 120 boxes of Girl Scouts cookies to help the scouts escape the cold has been arrested on drug charges.

News outlets report the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency says 46-year-old Detric Lee McGowan was arrested Tuesday on charges including conspiracy to distribute fentanyl and cocaine. The agency says McGowan is the same man who appeared in a photo that garnered thousands of views and shares online.

Mother Kayla Dillard had shared the photo on Facebook, saying the man paid $540 in cash for all the girls' cookies so they could escape the cold outside a store near Greenville, South Carolina. She said she didn't get the man's name.

An indictment issued last week says McGowan, also known as "Fat," is one of several suspects in an ongoing drug investigation. It says he and 10 other people conspired to import drugs from Mexico in late 2018.
Odd that someone carrying over $500 in cash girl scout cookies would be involved in something shady.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D Fair enough.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

nearly broke my left hand yesterday and cant use it but still have 2 piles of hedge and thorny holly clippings to caryy to the back of the house pile. today is the last good day before rans for days then temps in the 30s and snow and flurries.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

1) PC mouse started acting up a week ago. As of three days ago, it was clear that the left-click button sensor was unreliable.

2) Ordered replacement mouse and waited. Shipping delay intervenes for no good reason. Work with erratic mouse is difficult.

3) Hooray! Mouse arrives this evening, packed in heavy sealed plastic. Manual opening proves difficult, so I search/find/apply heavy-duty scissors.

4) Opening the package at last, the first thing I see is that I've cut the mouse cord completely in half.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:doh: :clap:

Post by Default »

Amphetamine salts on mah taters!
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Holman wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 pm 1) PC mouse started acting up a week ago. As of three days ago, it was clear that the left-click button sensor was unreliable.

2) Ordered replacement mouse and waited. Shipping delay intervenes for no good reason. Work with erratic mouse is difficult.

3) Hooray! Mouse arrives this evening, packed in heavy sealed plastic. Manual opening proves difficult, so I search/find/apply heavy-duty scissors.

4) Opening the package at last, the first thing I see is that I've cut the mouse cord completely in half.
Wireless mice are very popular.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Freyland wrote:
Holman wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 pm 1) PC mouse started acting up a week ago. As of three days ago, it was clear that the left-click button sensor was unreliable.

Wireless mice are very popular.
Well he's already got one now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

"That's the joke, son"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It surprises me every day how impossible or tough it is to do common stuff with a busted hand. Shoe lace tying, bottle opening, clothes putting on...easy stuff normally.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Broke my right hand two years ago. Funny enough it is hurting me today. You learn to adapt, I could sort of work a mouse at the end with my cast on.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Fuck off, February.
Enlarge Image

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Move to Mexico? I have friends in Merida and they really like it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:18 pm Move to Mexico? I have friends in Merida and they really like it.
tgb just moved to Mexico.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I guess Tuscon was just too cold for him.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The pool at our rent house in December was almost unusable because the heater was broken.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

AWS260 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:18 pm Move to Mexico? I have friends in Merida and they really like it.
and kind of abandoned OO.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

orly?

Wish he was still posting and could give us a rundown of his latest escapades and what lead up to the move. Ah well. His circumstances were always a bit tenuous it seemed, but I hope life is treating him well.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 am
orly?

Wish he was still posting and could give us a rundown of his latest escapades and what lead up to the move. Ah well. His circumstances were always a bit tenuous it seemed, but I hope life is treating him well.
He posts over at Quarter to Three as Sonoftgb.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Monopoly played as your favorite city.
https://www.lateforthesky.com/board-gam ... ach-opoly/
I happened to be looking at Huntington Beach here but there are dozens of cities listed.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thats neat. I looked at the Chattanooga one. Been to so many of those places. Around 1991 my wife and me went on the Southern Belle Riverboat dinner cruise. Our pic standing at a life preserver with the name on it is still hanging on the wall. I was skinny from being sick from smoking and you can see my Marlboro pack showing through the shirt pocket. I wasn't sure Id not be sick on the cruise even but I made it. She really enjoyed that with me. It was all her idea and I still have fond memories of it all.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Every once in a while I ponder the idea of cutting electronic entertainment out of my life. Gaming, TV, whim-browsing. Checking a calendar, doing the budget, looking up a word - that's different. How much time do I spend passively absorbing? How much do I stress over this aspect of that game, over what to play, over hardware issues? How much money do I spend on faster internet, hardware replacement, games, streaming? I'd get so much done. I used to read so much more. Paint so much more. Write so much more. Listen to more music. Get out more. Now, if I'm not tied up on something that real-life demands, I'm looking for an easy distraction.

I'm lesser for it, and I know it.

Could I ever do that? In the midst of Michelle and the kids not doing it? I have no idea. But I almost long for the experience.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I often suggest to my children that they go out and roll some tires with sticks. It hasn't caught on yet.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:32 am Could I ever do that? In the midst of Michelle and the kids not doing it? I have no idea. But I almost long for the experience.
You could always try giving it up for Lent and see how it goes.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And this is why I shouldn't post at 2:30 AM when I have a cold and the NyQuil has kicked in.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

y wife told me to get something at the store. After getting it she complains about me getting it.
I said you asked me to. No I didn't she replied.
How can she not remember saying something but can remember not saying it?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:32 am Every once in a while I ponder the idea of cutting electronic entertainment out of my life. Gaming, TV, whim-browsing. Checking a calendar, doing the budget, looking up a word - that's different. How much time do I spend passively absorbing? How much do I stress over this aspect of that game, over what to play, over hardware issues? How much money do I spend on faster internet, hardware replacement, games, streaming? I'd get so much done. I used to read so much more. Paint so much more. Write so much more. Listen to more music. Get out more. Now, if I'm not tied up on something that real-life demands, I'm looking for an easy distraction.

I'm lesser for it, and I know it.

Could I ever do that? In the midst of Michelle and the kids not doing it? I have no idea. But I almost long for the experience.
Heh.

This was posted at the perfect time for this year's National Day of Unplugging:
NationalDayOfUnplugging.com wrote:National Day of Unplugging
A 24 hour global respite from technology. It highlights the value of disconnecting from digital devices to connect with ourselves, our loved ones and our communities in real time.
Join us for National Day of Unplugging 2019 from sundown to sundown, March 1 - 2.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kidney stone pain is changing around on me again. If I sit here at the pc then with handfuls of tylenol and 800mg pills of ibuprofen, a beer, and a few muscle relaxers it hurts and it feels like a weird hurt. But laying down is out. I hurt all night last night and was up almost all night. Around 6am I heated the moist microwave heating pad and it helped . I got 2 hours sleep, reheated, and got 2 more. Ive tried laying to watch some tv tonight and its severely painful.

My plan is last of April to go to my urologist and get new scans done and set up surgery for early May. Plan anyways. Hope I dont freak out and dont do it. My poor little hurting wife was prepared to go with me so it would happen. Now Im alone in it all...surgery and recovery with dogs to care for. But I need it. Badly. I have the coverage now. If not now then maybe never and I cant take this. I wish I could. My little wife hurt decades of her life..most of her life. Ive hurt 2 decades nearly and Ive had it.

Without her though it will eb so hard for me to just go do it...harder than it was with her here and I still didn't go then.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

When I see my old posts I just want to go back in time to those times. Before all the loss.