If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

morlac

Re: Anthem [Bioware]

Post by morlac »

rittchard wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:21 pm
morlac wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 am
Grifman wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:56 pm
morlac wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:32 pm Ritt, do you get a strong Hellgate:London vibe like me?
What, do you hate this game? Are you trying to discourage people from playing?!?! :)
Ritt and myself are both unabashedly big HGL fans.
LMAO yeah I forgot we might be the only ones. I honestly still love and miss HGL. I reinstalled it recently and didn't get far, but still had warm fuzzies for it. I know I've probably said this many times but in my mind, it's still the only 3D/FPS game that comes close to capturing the Diablo feel, particularly when it comes to customization and loot. It's actually the only FPS style game I have ever played through completely (and beyond).

Relaunched! I didn't pull the trigger though. HGL had the best weapon system ever. Still not quite duplicated but Borderlands came the closest. The combination of both increased power, visuals and gameplay altering effects from modding weapons made them seem more unique and personal. Turning a simple mortar gun into a poison rain death cloud by slotting in some mods was amazing and quite effective :)

I'm still really enjoying Anthem. Up to level 12 and still have only ran into 2 bugs. Looking forward to some loot changes and the free content updates planned. they seem to coincide perfectly with my play rate which is a bit more leisurely. I'll be playing a bunch tonight if anyone is up for coop. Morlac00 in Origin.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I haven't given up on it myself. I'm just waiting for them to get a couple of the early updates in place before I play.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/04/ant ... own-brick/

Anthem shutting down and possibly corrupting some PS4 systems.
Gamers would love to play BioWare's new loot shooter Anthem but there's one problem: the game keeps shutting off their console. A number of players have taken to Reddit and other forums to complain that Anthem appears to be plagued with an issue that at best boots them to the main menu and at worst caused affected users to need to rebuild their PS4's disk database.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So, what's the state of things at this point? I haven't played it since the first few days, and it's time to decide whether to reclaim its hard drive space.
naednek

Post by naednek »

My computer is finally up and running and got to try this out. Maybe it's because it's been out for a few months, but the game is stable, and actually fun. I play the game going in as solo, but will be periodically teamed up with a player and so far it's been a great experience. We all just do our thing, no trolling, or causing problems.

Level design is pretty great, flying took some used to, but so far very easy once you get the hang of it. Frostbyte may be hard to code with, but man when done right, it's a beautiful game.

I'm very early in the game, so who knows if my opinions change, but i'm liking it.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Yeah, I'm still playing it. The flight and combat mechanics are fun, the javelins all feel very different to play in a good way, and I enjoyed the missions a lot.

It gets grindy late (after you finish all the missions and get to level 26-30), but it's a lot of fun getting there and it's still fun after. In theory more new content is coming soon as well.

There are some annoyances, but the gameplay is fun throughout, and it sure does look purty.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Well, I stopped playing for a couple of months, but apparently all the Cataclysm content has been added and is live
New Story Missions - Track Dr. Harken and unravel the mystery of the Cataclysm. Available to all players who have completed the “Incursion” mission in the main storyline.

Cataclysm - Battle Vara Brom and her forces in a dangerous new game mode that evolves over time. Teamwork is heavily encouraged as you battle against the dangerous environment and time itself, unlock secrets, and master the Cataclysm to earn all new rewards and rank up the leaderboard. The Cataclysm is available on the Start of Expedition screen for all players who have completed the “Incursion” mission.
I'll probably bounce back in for some Iron Man flying/shootyface on the xBox. Anyone else?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Bioware has full redesign plans to try and salvage this horrible mess. No one is in this game even when its in the EA monthly thing.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/02/10/ant ... bruary-10/

I dont think there is a saving it. It should be scrapped. Rotten to the core. Even Bioware sees that.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Instead of saving Anhtem, EA should be trying to save Bioware - if it even can be saved.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I thought the meta game, and especially the late game could have been a lot better, that's what I eventually got tired of, but I actually really enjoyed the combat and flying around in your suit in the mission areas exploring. Hopefully they'll make enough improvements to get people playing.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Bout time they shot the zombie in the brain. Bioware/EA has done so much wrong in the years past. I miss old Bioware. I think it was after SWTOR it died.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I never did go back to it. I got it for free just before it came out with a purchase, played it a couple times, decided to wait until they fixed it, and...

Better games came along.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

It was included with my 30-day EA Play sub for $1.

Played it for a couple hours and came away entirely unimpressed.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks to Blues

Anthem Director Leaves BioWare

So one of the turd makers is out. Hope he didn't taint ME and Citadel before he left.
Jonathan Warner tweets that today is his last day at BioWare, where he was game director on Anthem. As noted on PC Gamer, his other credits include game director on Mass Effect: Andromeda and producer on Mass Effect for the Mass Effect Trilogy and Mass Effect 3: Citadel