Tom Clancy's The Division 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian and I spent ~4 hours with it last night. We got to level 7 or 8, cleared the white house zone completely, and cleared out one of the city sections completely. My thoughts are... so-so.

Pros:
  • It's more of The Division. It's the same core game.
  • That said, there are some improvements. Looting in a group is a huge improvement. One person loots it, and everyone either automatically gets the materials, or if it is an item it appears on the ground nearby. That's so much better that each person having to open every box one at a time in a room with five boxes, literally having to wait in line.
  • There are some mechanical changes. Weapon mods are no longer straight upgrades, for instance. They let you specialize a weapon. A certain sight might increase accuracy, but decrease stability. We never saw any equipment mods.
Cons:
  • The Division looked incredible. The lighting was spectacular, the colors stood out. In 2, that's no longer true. The lighting was dull and everything kind of blended together into a background blob. They seemed to try and cover this up by throwing tons of fog/haze/mist everywhere.
  • The interface was a mess, and it was lazy. It was 100% designed to be used with a controller, and they didn't put any effort into making it work any other way. Sometimes the mouse works, sometimes it doesn't (and it never works well.) Sometimes you use/activate/interact with an item with the spacebar, sometimes F, sometimes tab, sometimes V, sometimes CTRL, sometimes E. The menus are nested so deeply that you'll be lucky if you don't need a spreadsheet printed out to remember how to get any particular function.
  • This is just an impression based on a limited demo, and not based on any hard data, but I got the distinct impression that the game was designed with more grind to keep players at the screen longer. There are just too many things that need to be collected for too many purposes, crafting has been adjusted to be much more necessary. It'll take a lot more repetitive scavenging to get things done.
  • There were quite a few glitches. Yes, it's a beta, but not really. A beta four days before retail is an advertising beta, not a testing beta.
  • The voice acting, at least for the enemies/NPCs in the streets was terrible. The quality of the acting was bad, and the implementation was bad. Enemies would say two or three things each, but they'd often pick one and repeat it every few seconds. There was one faction where there was a woman who would either shout "We're fucked!" over and over while attacking, or just cackle like the Wicked Witch of the West non-stop throughout the fight. At first it was bad, then I couldn't stop laughing at how absurd it was, then it just got annoying.
End impressions? If you like The Division's gameplay and want more of it, it isn't too terrible, but I'd still let it come out and wait for a couple of months' worth of patches. If you don't want more of the same core gameplay, let it go. If you are adverse to grind, wait for reviews once people have had some time with the endgame.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:43 am
  • There were quite a few glitches. Yes, it's a beta, but not really. A beta four days before retail is an advertising beta, not a testing beta.
I thought it was due out on March 15th. Has the date changed?

I thought the graphics were fine, but then I'm very old school. I avoided doing crafting in the first game so I can't compare it to a baseline, but I agree that it seemed in D2 that I was expected to go out and gather a lot of resources for Projects, Blueprints, etc.

I use a controller for shooters so I didn't notice the keyboard problems, but the UI needs some tweaking. At least the loadout situation seems better, it got old in the first one where I had to go change several loadouts to take advantage of a new weapon mod for a gun I used in several of them.

I have to say I rather ignored the voice acting. I hope there is going to be an option to silence the vendors who say the same things over and over.

I did find that the layout of the settlement I visited was a pain, it took me several visits to be able to find things quickly, not to mention it was confusing on how to get out of it quickly. But I'm sure I'd have picked it up eventually.

I'll still most likely pick it up on release, if only to give me something to do during the last month of tax season.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 pm I thought it was due out on March 15th. Has the date changed?
Whoops, March, yeah. This is February. Not March. *cough*

I knew that. :ninja:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Also saw on BluesNews this morning that there is going to be an open beta, just like the first game, so another chance to check out the game and see what has changed.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

My friend and I played quite a bit of Division 1 together and we played through basically all the content in the beta and both really enjoyed it. Small bugs aside, we thought the mechanics, combat, and level design all showed a lot of polish and improvement over Division 1.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

The normal gameplay in the beta seemed fine enough for me, but the place to try out end-game content was a huge turn-off. The end game ultimate weapons didn't seem particularly amazing, and they had ammo drops so rare that you may as well not even have the weapons. The biggest turn-off was how extreme the bullet-sponge problems were. A full magazine from a light machine gun emptied into a bad guy who just keeps slowly walking toward you like he's superman? Just not fun. Way too many kamikaze drones and RC cars, too.

I'm at least confident I'll enjoy the ride until I get to end-game.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

wonderpug wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm The biggest turn-off was how extreme the bullet-sponge problems were. A full magazine from a light machine gun emptied into a bad guy who just keeps slowly walking toward you like he's superman? Just not fun.
Sounds like the late game from 1. Like it or not, it's the nature of the beast and you get used to it. Also keep in mind most of the armored guys you run into have weak spots you can exploit to cut through some of that.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

wonderpug wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm The normal gameplay in the beta seemed fine enough for me, but the place to try out end-game content was a huge turn-off. The end game ultimate weapons didn't seem particularly amazing, and they had ammo drops so rare that you may as well not even have the weapons. The biggest turn-off was how extreme the bullet-sponge problems were. A full magazine from a light machine gun emptied into a bad guy who just keeps slowly walking toward you like he's superman? Just not fun. Way too many kamikaze drones and RC cars, too.

I'm at least confident I'll enjoy the ride until I get to end-game.
Now I'm kind of upset I skipped out on the end game stuff. That doesn't sound great. I loved The Division and 2 seemed like a pretty nice update at least with the new scenery. I play solo for the most part and stupid-health bosses doesn't help. I will say in The Division the difference between being in the end game and being equipped for and BY the end game was significant. The stupid health wasn't really a problem when I was fully kitted. Hopefully 2 gets us there as well.

At the very least it will serve to distract me while I continue to wait for Borderlands 3.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The hard-mode missions and endgame occupied-mode mission did feel overtuned to me, at least for solo play. I suspect that this may be partly due to mediocre gear and lack of understanding about how to use the signature weapons/skills to best advantage, and partly due to the fact that the bulk of the feedback they've been getting up to this point has been from internal testing where the players have become extremely experienced. By the time they finished refining the first game they had the difficulty fairly well balanced, so I'm hopeful that it will be toned down a bit by the time they launch.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For those who want to plan ahead, the open beta is now scheduled for March 1-4.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Want a free game you probably already have? Ubisoft thinks you might, according to an article on PCGamesN, Ubisoft will give you a free game for pre-ordering The Division 2 on PC.
If you pre-order any edition of The Division 2 for PC digitally via Uplay or the Epic Games store, you can claim one of three titles for free: Far Cry Primal, Ghost Recon Wildlands, or Watch Dogs 2. You won’t actually get any of those games until the Division 2 release date on March 15, but if you’ve pre-ordered before then you’ll still have until March 19 to claim your game.
I already have two of the games, but not Primal, so it looks like I will be rewarded for my procrastination :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Just received an invite from Uplay:
We will be running a Technical Test of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 ahead of the Open Beta, from Thursday, February 21st to Friday, February 22nd for a limited number of PC players worldwide. Our goal with this Technical Test is to assess a certain amount of fixes we implemented based on your feedback following the Private Beta.
And of course I deleted the closed beta so I'll have to download it all again :roll:, but I'd have to do that for the open beta anyway. And so far no actual link on the Uplay client to start the download.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Moar trailer:

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The game's open beta preload is scheduled for tonight/early tomorrow, supposedly 1am PST, with the beta starting 24 hours later. The beta runs through the 4th.

For those who didn't read it before, Ubisoft is offering a free game, Watch Dogs 2, Farcry Primal or Ghost Recon Wildlands, if you pre-order.

There are three editions of the game, Standard ($60 USD), Gold ($100 USD) and Ultimate ($120 USD). The two upgrades are much more expensive than the base which is odd since most of the post release content will be available to all editions. The two upgrade editions just get the content a week early, plus some special missions and stuff. Ubisoft now has a page with more info (text below) and a video (three minutes long).

I am planning on getting the game, and I'm a bit drawn to throwing money at the Gold edition only because it's tax season and I have a lot of free time which will end in mid-April, so the more playing I can do before that time the better. Still, $40 more? Sheesh, Ubisoft, at least you could buy me dinner first :wink:
On March 15, players on Xbox One, PC, and PS4 will dive into The Division 2 and fight to reclaim the conflict-ravaged streets of Washington, DC. In the months following launch, the game will be updated regularly with free new missions, challenges, specializations, rewards, and more. While this content will be free for all players, players who want to secure access to it can get the Year 1 Pass, available as a standalone purchase or as part of the Gold and Digital Ultimate Editions of the game.

The free content kicks off with the addition of Tidal Basin, a challenging faction stronghold where the Black Tusks have dug in, and it will be up to you and up to three other players to dig them out. Then, your team size will expand when you take on the franchise's first eight-player raid: Operation Dark Hours. And starting this summer, free major content updates called Episodes will give you and your fellow Agents new ways to test your skills and flex your loadouts. Read on to learn more about Episodes, and to see details on the Year 1 Pass.

From new stories and missions to explore, to new PvP and PvE modes, to entirely new endgame specializations, Episodes will expand the scope of The Division 2. The first one, due this summer, is titled D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions. This episode will take you outside of the city center on two new main missions, and introduce a new game mode in which you investigate the fate of a lost convoy. Episode 2, Pentagon: The Last Castle, will charge you with infiltrating the iconic headquarters and uncovering the secrets it hides when it arrives this fall. And in winter of 2019, Episode 3 will draw the first chapter of The Division 2 to a close, and pave the way for what's to come.

If you own the Year 1 Pass, you will have seven-day early access to all of the Year 1 Episodes listed above. Furthermore, you'll also get early access to eight classified assignments covering the fall of DC, as well as exclusive cosmetic items and additional in-game activities. Finally, the Year 1 Pass will grant instant access to the new Year 1 specializations as they release, giving you the first crack at powerful new signature weapons and their respective skill trees.

The Division 2 is launching on Xbox One, PC, and PS4 on March 15, and players who purchase the Gold or Digital Ultimate editions can get in the game early on March 12. For more on The Division 2, check out our previous coverage.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 pm For those who didn't read it before, Ubisoft is offering a free game, Watch Dogs 2, Farcry Primal or Ghost Recon Wildlands, if you pre-order.
I feel like there should be a consolation prize for those of us who pre-ordered TD2 but already own all three of those games.

:violin:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:13 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 pm For those who didn't read it before, Ubisoft is offering a free game, Watch Dogs 2, Farcry Primal or Ghost Recon Wildlands, if you pre-order.
I feel like there should be a consolation prize for those of us who pre-ordered TD2 but already own all three of those games.

I wondered that as well. It's kind of a negative towards those who are loyal Ubisoft customers and have been buying a lot of their previous games. Already own all three games? Tough luck! :grund:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Just a suggestion. If you participate in the open beta, don't uninstall afterwards if you are planning to get the game. It is my understanding that there will be just an update to the open beta to reach the retail version. Not 100% sure, but I saw it mentioned somewhere.

And if you still have the closed beta or technical test game version installed, just restart Uplay to get the installation updated to the open beta. At least that is how it worked for me.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:52 pm
Max Peck wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:13 pm

I wondered that as well. It's kind of a negative towards those who are loyal Ubisoft customers and have been buying a lot of their previous games. Already own all three games? Tough luck! :grund:

uhh...
Spoiler:
UBISOFT FAN!
You already own the 3 proposed titles, and we appreciate your loyalty.

Watch your email around the launch of The Division®2 for your special gift .
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Betcha it's a new patch for your backpack :wink:

Anyway, I don't own Primal, so I'll be getting that.... unless I decide to buy Primal now so I can get that special gift.

Is a special gift better than a plain gift? It reminds me when our company would put out an announcement to employees about some new and exciting initiative we were being dragged into. We became very leery when someone would mention exciting to us.

Don't mind me, I'm on NyQuil Severe and everything is groovy right now.. :dance:
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Is anyone here planning to get this on the PS4? I remember having some really fun MP sessions with some OOers back when the first one came out. I stopped playing the first one quite some time ago (three major story missions before the end) and recently picked it up again and finished it and the second one looks much more attractive now (didn't even think about getting it a month ago ...)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 pm uhh...
Spoiler:
UBISOFT FAN!
You already own the 3 proposed titles, and we appreciate your loyalty.

I pre-ordered through Epic, so I can't register TD2 on uplay until Epic provides me with a key. I'll let y'all know about any "special gift" when I get to that point. For the time being, I have the free-game offer through Epic, and they seem to be offering the games on my Epic account, not my Ubisoft account.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Downloaded the demo today but forgot to play. Or with my half broke hand try to play I should say.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still choppy still not tweaked anything.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah, I played a bit today, and it seemed a little more choppy than the original. The graphics didn't seem as sharp as the first either, but I probably could have adjusted settings and such. Instead, I quit out and went back and played the first one some more. I never finished it, nor came close, but had enjoyed it. Just had drifted away. I knocked out a couple missions and had fun. I'll save Div 2 for launch.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I did most of the early game stuff and played a bit in the dark zone, even went rogue (soft rogue, didn't kill anyone, but stole loot from the corpse after NPCs killed them) and successfully extracted the loot. I'll save the end game stuff for when I am actually in the end game. It was a lot of time that I will just have to repeat in two weeks... *shrug* I played through all of the original 2.5 times plus a bunch of end game time so in the end it won't (shouldn't?) matter.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah, that's the difference for me. I don't usually play games more than once, with the exception of strategy games like Civ, and MMOs. (For many of those, I enjoy the starting zones and end up playing too many alts.)

I can wait a couple weeks for this one, while I revisit the first game.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've been having a love/hate relation with the open beta, not helped by a cold I've been fighting. Since I was in the technical test, this is the third time I'm playing the opening of the game. By last night I was all set to un-wishlist the game and wait for the eventual GOTY version, but this afternoon I put in a few more hours and now I'm back on the fence.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Finally got to play. Originally registered to play the beta on pc, but my pc is out of commission. So open beta was played on the ps4.

Loved it. Was smooth all around. Stuck to plying solo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What do agent requested backup places on the map look like? I hear them all the time but never see them. Can they also be far away?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:37 pm What do agent requested backup places on the map look like? I hear them all the time but never see them. Can they also be far away?
There's a special mode for the map that shows where there are agents requesting backup. If you hold the map key when you're receiving a call for backup, it will open the map in that mode, otherwise you can switch to it using one of the mode icons at the top of the map.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Ha, just signed on for some play tonight and Uplay has unlocked the area south of the White House, West Potomac Park. Level is "red skull" :shock:

Nevermind, I still don't have access to it :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Hey, what's the meaning of the 1, 2 and 5 symbols below? I see it when I bring up my equipment menu.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:13 pm Hey, what's the meaning of the 1, 2 and 5 symbols below? I see it when I bring up my equipment menu.

They appear to be associated with types of gear attributes. As best I can figure out, the "battery" is for attributes that affect skills, the "shield" is for attributes that affect protection (e.g. health or armor) and the "crosshair" is for attributes that affect weapons. If you look at your equipped gear, you should see 1 battery, 2 shield and 5 weapon attributes. I'm not sure what the arc lengths associated with each symbol mean; they change if you equip different weapons (although the numbers don't change) or if you equip different gear (which may cause the numbers to change).

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Thanks Max!

I'm still on the fence about getting the full game after putting in several hours more today. Yes, I'm enjoying the gameplay, but it does get repetitive; go to starting point, enter and kill bad guys, move forward to next location, kill bad guys, advance to next floor/location/hallway, kill more bad guys, advance again, kill really tricked out bad guy or two assisted by loads of other bad guys. Collect loot. Spend a couple of minutes deciding which loot is junk.

And I've already discovered my favorite loadout and skill combination. Sniper rifle gives me the ability to lay back and pick off the bad guys, plus I wield an LMG for close up work or suppressing snipers or robot car drivers. I've equipped the LMG with a 4X ACOG scope so it can cover close and middle ranges. To these I add the turret skill, which helps to kill off charging bad guys, plus the repair drone to keep my armor healthy.

I get the idea that all your gear can give you tweaks to health or accuracy or skills, etc and can also degrade others, but most are such small amounts that I feel like I'm not going to care about a +5% here or there versus just the main increase in armor most better gear gives. And I'm finding that the time I spend sorting through my loot after every loot box is not worth the effort, I'll just wait till I get back to HQ and sort it all out there.

I'm still not sure why I'm bringing food and water and nuts/bolts to control points. Am I the only one responsible to do this? And what if I just ignore them?

To be sure, there are a lot of positives to the game. The combat is pretty sweet, with the bullet sponges from the original game gone and even the bosses I've seen can be dealt with by a combination of weapons, skills, and tactics. I really love the map with all the thousands of tiny details, it must have been amazing to manage the part of the TD2 project which populated the game world with objects and buildings and just stuff that looked so real life yet conveniently left all these things to take cover behind.

I've made calls for backup before trying some missions/events, like taking enemy control points. The results have been mixed, mostly I don't get any help, and sometimes when the help does show up they really don't help much. Still, sometimes they have been vital for me surviving and succeeding. In turn, I've responded to calls for backup when I could. I do get annoyed when someone calls for backup and I find they are just hanging around a base, so I'm careful now to check their location. And sometimes it is very satisfying to arrive in response to a backup call and find they the person really is getting ready to attempt a mission, then it is really cool to work as a team. I did this as my last mission tonight and we took down a site that was a level above my current level, but my team mate was smart and even without comms we were able to deduce what was the best way to support each other. These are the times I find I'm really enjoying The Division 2 and so might actually pick it up.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

My friends and I played through all of Division 1 together, and we're set to play through Division 2 now once it's out. I doubt I would like it nearly as much playing solo, as it's really in a group where it shines.

The missions all scale to the number of players, so it's much more challenging with a full group, in addition to rewarding, and it's fun to take on different roles. We tend to have one person with a machine gun to suppress enemies and mow down assault troops when they try to charge, one person who's a sniper to pick off dug in enemies and specialists with headshots, and the other two have mixed weaponry and cover the flanks and look to flank the enemy as soon as it's viable. Doesn't always work out that smoothly as Division is good at throwing monkey wrenches into it, but that's always our implied plan when going into combat.

The combat can certainly be repetitive, like a lot of games, but if you enjoy the combat it's really not a big deal, and Division is generally very good at making the battlefields interesting and mixing up the types of enemies you'll be facing. The new mission they unlocked in the open beta was particularly fun... it was set in the Newseum and included battles in exhibits, in the main corridors, in broadcast control rooms, etc. It's especially fun as one of my friends lives in DC and gives pretty interesting commentary on all the various buildings. It even looks like we might be able to visit his office in one of the higher level areas later on.

It also seems like they have a much better handle on making the progression to maximum level more interesting, and a much better idea of how to keep players busy once they do get to the end game. It was pretty clear after playing the first Division for a while that they really had no plan initially for the end game, and spent years and lots of expansions coming up with things that will be in Division 2 from the start.
Last edited by Sepiche on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Sepiche wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:48 am The new mission they unlocked in the open beta was particularly fun... it was set in the Newseum and included battles in exhibits, in the main corridors, in broadcast control rooms, etc. It's especially fun as one of my friends lives in DC and gives pretty interesting commentary on all the various buildings. It even looks like we might be able to visit his office in one of the higher level areas later on.
I missed the Newseum last time we were in DC a few years ago, but we did catch the International Spy Museum which was pretty cool and it would be fun to visit that in the game. We also went to the National Museum of Crime & Punishment which was also pretty cool but is sadly now closed. Having battles in those places would be fun too. These are the kinds of things that might push me to getting TD2, just for the fun of seeing familiar places. I just didn't get that from the first game.

If I do get the game it probably would be the Gold edition, mostly because I can afford it and I'm going to be out of town on the 15th and 16th and it would kill me to miss the opening two days when everyone is posting about it :D

I might be interested in joining other OOs in playing together, but I'm mostly likely to be doing it without a mic. I tend to play later at night while the wife is asleep and I have been informed that I have a voice that carries for miles :roll:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:30 pm We also went to the National Museum of Crime & Punishment which was also pretty cool but is sadly now closed.
WaPo
The National Museum of Crime & Punishment in Chinatown has announced its property manager is forcing the three-story museum out of its building on 7th Street NW and will be shuttering at the end of September.
Janine Vaccarello, the chief operating officer of the museum, said that as part of its lease, the building owners have had the right since 2013 to ask the museum to vacate the property if it does not meet certain sales thresholds. Vaccarello would not disclose details of the museum’s finances, but said, “we had our challenges, but we were making it.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:13 pm Hey, what's the meaning of the 1, 2 and 5 symbols below? I see it when I bring up my equipment menu.

I've just been watching the Twitch VOD of a dev chat with the "weapons guy" on Saturday, and apparently the proper names for those symbols are utility, defensive and offensive stats. They're used to profile build types through gearing (e.g. a tank build would be defense heavy, while a DPS build would be offense oriented), and tie into other systems such as weapon talents, which may have prerequisites (e.g. requires at least n offensive stats) in order to unlock.

There was also a gear-oriented dev chat on Sunday.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Sepiche wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:48 am it was set in the Newseum
I just played that mission and the setting was pretty awesome. I'm assuming that it was called the "Viewpoint" museum to avoid legal issues, but how close is the interior decoration compared to the real thing? Especially the text on the walls?

Before the mission I called for backup and got a really excellent partner to team with. I like my skills to recharge before heading into the next combat area and my partner patiently waited, even though he/she (damn it, English language, give me a gender neutral pronoun already!) couldn't communicate with me. If there are more folks like that out there it will be fun doing groups.
raydude

Post by raydude »

So I played this over the weekend on the PS4. I got the "agent requesting backup" thing while I was in the middle of the Grand Washington Hotel mission. Is there a way to respond to the request for backup, preferably by being able to "teleport" close to where the backup is requested? Otherwise if I have to manually get there I don't see how it is possible after I've taken the elevator up. It doesn't seem like that mission lets you take the elevators back down.