[North Korea] The Dear Loser comes into his own.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: The Dear Loser comes into his own. (North Korea)

Post by hepcat »

I wonder what Donny's vig was on that deal?
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

He's going to attack them on Twitter, isn't he?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Probably a safe if depressing bet.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Remus West wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:32 pm Probably a safe if depressing bet.
It's the death threats from his supporters that depress me.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I suppose it's just a sign of the times when the POTUS and North Korea have diverging accounts of why the negotiations failed, and you don't see any reason why North Korea's should be considered the less truthful version.

Trump-Kim summit: North Korea says country seeks partial relief
North Korea has denied US President Donald Trump's claim that the country demanded total sanctions relief during a failed summit in Hanoi.

The North's Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho was speaking after talks between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un ended without agreement.

He said they asked only for partial sanctions relief in exchange for disabling its main nuclear complex.

The US insists this is not the case.

After their talks broke down, Mr Trump said Mr Kim had offered to dismantle all of the Yongbyon complex, the research and production facility at the heart of North Korea's nuclear programme, a significant proposal.

But in return Mr Kim wanted all sanctions lifted, something the US was not prepared to offer, Mr Trump added.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:50 pm I suppose it's just a sign of the times when the POTUS and North Korea have diverging accounts of why the negotiations failed, and you don't see any reason why North Korea's should be considered the less truthful version.

Trump-Kim summit: North Korea says country seeks partial relief
North Korea has denied US President Donald Trump's claim that the country demanded total sanctions relief during a failed summit in Hanoi.

The North's Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho was speaking after talks between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un ended without agreement.

He said they asked only for partial sanctions relief in exchange for disabling its main nuclear complex.

The US insists this is not the case.

After their talks broke down, Mr Trump said Mr Kim had offered to dismantle all of the Yongbyon complex, the research and production facility at the heart of North Korea's nuclear programme, a significant proposal.

But in return Mr Kim wanted all sanctions lifted, something the US was not prepared to offer, Mr Trump added.

So bad, right? I'm actually having some difficulty in convincing myself that NK's version isn't the version that's closer to the truth.
Objectively I think the US version passes the smell test but since trump would lie about the color of the sky...
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

When most Americans actually have to stop and think about who's telling the truth in a war of words between their president and the leader of North Korea it's time to admit things are definitely not okay.
Covfefe!
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

hepcat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:18 pm When most Americans actually have to stop and think about who's telling the truth in a war of words between their president and the leader of North Korea it's time to admit things are definitely not okay.
I said almost the same thing to a die hard Trump supporter this morning. Surprisingly enough, they didn't push back on it. They just nodded their head in agreement.
naednek

Post by naednek »

hepcat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:18 pm When most Americans actually have to stop and think about who's telling the truth in a war of words between their president and the leader of North Korea it's time to admit things are definitely not okay.
I borrowed your statement for FB. Let me know if you want it back :P

You couldn't say it better.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Holman

Post by Holman »

And this is still just a shade off from "Trump is the real victim here!"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Holman wrote:

And this is still just a shade off from "Trump is the real victim here!"
Donald's other love, the Great Leader Kim, is sure to be jealous.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:29 am 'Cause we are living in a mercurial world,
And I am a mercurial guy...
This was way too underappreciated. :clap:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

naednek wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:40 pm
I borrowed your statement for FB. Let me know if you want it back :P

You couldn't say it better.
As long as it's attributed to "some random loser on the internet".
Covfefe!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You were carefully selected !
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

How the Trump-Kim Summit Failed: Big Threats, Big Egos, Bad Bets
As President Trump settled into the dining room of a French-colonial hotel in Hanoi on Thursday morning, the conversation with Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader with whom he had struck up the oddest of friendships, was already turning tense.

In a dinner at the Metropole Hotel the evening before, mere feet from the bomb shelter where guests took cover during the Vietnam War, Mr. Kim had resisted what Mr. Trump presented as a grand bargain: North Korea would trade all its nuclear weapons, material and facilities for an end to the American-led sanctions squeezing its economy.
Mr. Kim also miscalculated. He bet Mr. Trump might accept a more modest offer that American negotiators in Hanoi had already dismissed: The North would dismantle the Yongbyon nuclear complex, three square miles of aging facilities at the heart of the nuclear program, for an end to the sanctions most harmful to its economy, those enacted since 2016.
So, if the NYT has the story straight, North Korea was indeed more truthful than Trump.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:15 pmSo, if the NYT has the story straight, North Korea was indeed more truthful than Trump.
Enlarge Image
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

And yet, not actually surprising. :coffee:

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Trumpkim sounds like some terrifying squash. Orange with a big bowl cut and full of sinewy propagandist shitseeds.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

The Dear Loser comes into his own. (North Korea)

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump has cancelled the regular exercises again.

Remember that the first time he did it was at Putin's suggestion.

As it happens, Putin's foreign minister made a trip to Hanoi to coincide with the recent Trump-Kim summit...
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

It's about time we stopped being the world's patsy and became a mercenary force. IDK who the highest bidder will be (*cough* China), but think how much more we can cut taxes for the 1%!
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Kraken wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:58 pm It's about time we stopped being the world's patsy and became a mercenary force. IDK who the highest bidder will be (*cough* China), but think how much more we can cut taxes for the 1%!
It's only fair, they have given the lives of so many of their children to The War Effort.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

America: A friend to murderous dictators the world over since 2016.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:52 am America: A friend to murderous dictators the world over since 2016.
Don't sell us short like that. We have [ur=https://abcnews.go.com/International/st ... 17&page=1l]a long history[/url] of supporting our own dictators.
The “School of the Americas,” in Fort Benning, Ga., which has for 54 years operated as a training facility for Latin American military personnel, will shut its doors after facing criticism from human rights groups for years.

The list of graduates from the School of the Americas is a who’s who of Latin American despots. Students have included Manuel Noriega and Omar Torrijos of Panama, Leopoldo Galtieri of Argentina, and Hugo Banzer Suarez of Bolivia.

Other graduates cut a swath through El Salvador during its civil war, being involved in the 1980 assassination of Archbishop Oscar Romero, the El Mozote massacre in which 900 peasants were killed, and the 1989 murders of six Jesuit priests.

On Jan. 17, the school will reopen in the same location, to be run by the Defense Department rather than the Army. It will be known as the “Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation.”
But critics say the military is doing nothing more than changing the name of a school that over the years has won the moniker “School of the Assassins.”
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:17 pm

As it happens, Putin's foreign minister made a trip to Hanoi to coincide with the recent Trump-Kim summit...
Oil, baby. Probably got lost in the cavalcade of corruption and landslide of lies but:
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:59 am

It's not just pure ineptitude and not just Jung Un.
Russia sells a ton of oil to North Korea off book and against sanctions. Remember, Trump's lawyer who set up the meeting also represents Russian businessmen. And the Russians were in Viet Nam this week too, IIRC. Nothing like billions of dollars to make things happen.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Your favorite president coined the term "war games."

Why would we defend a deadbeat ally like South Korea when we love Kim and Pyongyang has been so great to us?
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:50 am

Oil, baby. Probably got lost in the cavalcade of corruption and landslide of lies but:

Russia sells a ton of oil to North Korea off book and against sanctions. Remember, Trump's lawyer who set up the meeting also represents Russian businessmen. And the Russians were in Viet Nam this week too, IIRC. Nothing like billions of dollars to make things happen.
Reimbursed like Mexico is paying for the wall reimbursed? Or do we just have to count 'world peace' because NK isn't invading SK as our payment?
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GungHo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:50 am

Reimbursed like Mexico is paying for the wall reimbursed? Or do we just have to count 'world peace' because NK isn't invading SK as our payment?
No one tell Trump about foreign aid and goodwill. His head might explode.

On second thought, someone please tell him.

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!
WTF?

Trump just cancelled sanctions that Treasury imposed yesterday. Sarah Sanders defended the move by announcing that Trump likes Kim and doesn't believe sanctions are necessary.

Do we even have an administration?
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

He cocked it up too. It's not the sanctions from today/last night. There are more sanctions apparently coming next week and those are the ones he was saying wouldn't happen. Complete clusterfuck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

In explaining the president's sudden announcement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, "President Trump likes Chairman Kim and he doesn't think these sanctions will be necessary." Trump's tweet and the press secretary's clarification of it sent waves of confusion throughout Washington, from the Pentagon to the White House itself.
So let me get this straight. He spent he week shitting McCains's grave and ends it by overriding sanctions on NK because he "likes" Kim. We deserve everything we are going to get.

Edit: quote source.

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

tjg_marantz wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 pm He cocked it up too. It's not the sanctions from today/last night. There are more sanctions apparently coming next week and those are the ones he was saying wouldn't happen. Complete clusterfuck.
It's even dumber than that.

tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Holman wrote:
tjg_marantz wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 pm He cocked it up too. It's not the sanctions from today/last night. There are more sanctions apparently coming next week and those are the ones he was saying wouldn't happen. Complete clusterfuck.
It's even dumber than that.

Even better?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

More good news for Trump today.

Looks like (shocking no one) Kim Jong Un will be meeting with Putin this month, has just tested a new short-range cruise missile, and will no longer talk with Pompeo

Art of the Deal
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:40 pm More good news for Trump today.

Looks like (shocking no one) Kim Jong Un will be meeting with Putin this month, has just tested a new short-range cruise missile, and will no longer talk with Pompeo

Art of the Deal
Given that the deal he made was with Putin to ruin America he seems to be following through quite well.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
North Korea issued a $2 million bill for the hospital care of comatose American Otto Warmbier, insisting that a U.S. official sign a pledge to pay it before being allowed to fly the University of Virginia student from Pyongyang in 2017.

The presentation of the invoice — not previously disclosed by U.S. or North Korean officials — was extraordinarily brazen even for a regime known for its aggressive tactics.

But the main U.S. envoy sent to retrieve Warmbier signed an agreement to pay the medical bill on instructions passed down from President Trump, according to two people familiar with the situation. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The bill went to the Treasury Department, where it remained — unpaid — throughout 2017, the people said. However, it is unclear whether the Trump administration later paid the bill, or whether it came up during preparations for Trump’s two summits with Kim Jong Un.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:31 pm WaPo
North Korea issued a $2 million bill for the hospital care of comatose American Otto Warmbier, insisting that a U.S. official sign a pledge to pay it before being allowed to fly the University of Virginia student from Pyongyang in 2017.

The presentation of the invoice — not previously disclosed by U.S. or North Korean officials — was extraordinarily brazen even for a regime known for its aggressive tactics.

But the main U.S. envoy sent to retrieve Warmbier signed an agreement to pay the medical bill on instructions passed down from President Trump, according to two people familiar with the situation. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The bill went to the Treasury Department, where it remained — unpaid — throughout 2017, the people said. However, it is unclear whether the Trump administration later paid the bill, or whether it came up during preparations for Trump’s two summits with Kim Jong Un.
I can't even begin to imagine what that family is feeling after seeing this.
Not that torture, murder, enslavement, and starvation of an entire nation weren't enough to know Un is a vile POS, but he's happy to seal it with a kiss.
OR

-Hiccup
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

So Trump agreed to pay a ransom demand to get him back. :coffee:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yet another unpaid contractor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:57 pm So Trump agreed to pay a ransom demand to get him back. :coffee:
Worse, imo. Drumpf agreed to pay for the outcome of torturing an American.

That said, it's not even a drop in America's bucket and one of it's citizens will come home.

That said, America has nukes, air force and economic power. NK should get it's teeth kicked in if it wants to start trying to embarrass America on the world stage. There's defiance. There's yipping like a dog who's bark is too big for it's bite, then there's this sort of humiliation.

For all the redneck tough guys and war hawks in America, they are just going to stand back and eat this humiliation on the world stage? MAGA indeed.