Xbox One S All-Digital Edition

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Xbox One S All-Digital Edition

Post by Isgrimnur »

Windows Central
First detailed by Brad Sams, Microsoft has been experimenting with a discless Xbox One S console codenamed Xbox Maverick, with a launch window thought to be around Q1 2019. According to our sources, we now know a little bit more about the timing and marketing name of this ambitious new console.

Microsoft is reportedly set to call the discless Maverick console the "Xbox One S All-Digital Edition," with preorders aiming for mid-April 2019, and with general availability coming in early May 2019. It looks as though it could be near-global simultaneous launch for almost all existing Xbox markets.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Re: Xbox One S All-Digital Edition

Post by jztemple2 »

It's been a few years since I've owned a console and bought physical games, so if I did go back to consoles I'd be fine with an all-digital version, assuming that it has got an option for SSD and a goodly amount of capacity as well.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Since they now allow you to refund games within 2 weeks and 2 hours, it's not as big of a deal as it was when they first tried this with the Xbox One introduction.
Black Lives Matter
morlac

Post by morlac »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:03 pm It's been a few years since I've owned a console and bought physical games, so if I did go back to consoles I'd be fine with an all-digital version, assuming that it has got an option for SSD and a goodly amount of capacity as well.
Usb 3 port plus external drives means you can have as much as you can afford. I just hooked up a 3 TB to mine for about $80.

Side note: how much does this really drop the price? Drives cant be that expensive.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

morlac wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:27 am
jztemple2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:03 pm It's been a few years since I've owned a console and bought physical games, so if I did go back to consoles I'd be fine with an all-digital version, assuming that it has got an option for SSD and a goodly amount of capacity as well.
Usb 3 port plus external drives means you can have as much as you can afford. I just hooked up a 3 TB to mine for about $80.

Side note: how much does this really drop the price? Drives cant be that expensive.
All digital means no used games so they may be counting on that for more revenue to lower the price more than the cost of the physical drive.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Lorini wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 pm Since they now allow you to refund games within 2 weeks and 2 hours, it's not as big of a deal as it was when they first tried this with the Xbox One introduction.
Whoa, I did not know that. :shock:
He won. Period.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

hepcat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:01 am
Lorini wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 pm Since they now allow you to refund games within 2 weeks and 2 hours, it's not as big of a deal as it was when they first tried this with the Xbox One introduction.
Whoa, I did not know that. :shock:
I had no idea either, just went and found this conversation on the subject. Sounds very much like Steam, including the "nope" you can get with zero explanation. :|
-mf
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I've never actually requested a refund on steam, so I doubt I'd do it on xbox live. But the fact that they allow it even is striking to me. It's just something I never expected them to allow.
He won. Period.
morlac

Post by morlac »

I have requested and received 4 refunds on steam. I eventually re bought 2 of them because they fixed things and I felt bad :)

I've had a Xbox One X for about 9 months now and bought 0 used games for it which was the opposite of the PS3 where I almost only bought used games. MS seems to have sales constantly now on the digital store front and new retail games at stores are frequently on sale (I just got AC Odyssey new for $19.99 at Gamestop last weekend). It doesn't make sense anymore to drive to Gamestop to save $5.00. Plus add the XBox Gamepass and I hardly need to buy anything ;)