Objects in Space

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Buatha

Objects in Space

Post by Buatha »

I'm not sure if anyone saw this one, but it's a nice retro blend of Silent Service and Elite...as in the originals...with a dash of Hyperspeed/Lightspeed. It's now out of Early Access and released with more content.

Objects in Space

There are no 3D space battles here. It's all played from the various consoles in the ship and you move back/forth using the arrow keys. It's a bit annoying that you can't use the mouse-wheel to scroll the windows, but that might be because you can zoom into the windows with it.

You can see/interact with people on space stations, but again, it's not moving around in 3D. You can visit various parts of the station using the arrow keys.

I've just started playing and can't give any long-term impressions just yet, but it has a lot of charm.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Sepiche

Re: Objects in Space

Post by Sepiche »

I played this a bit in early access and enjoyed a lot of it, but lots of bugs, especially around missions, kept me from really digging into it.

I'll give it a fresh spin sometime soon and see how it turned out.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Just picked this up last weekend. I'm not all that far into it (maybe 2 hrs) but I'm liking it so far.

Only bug I've hit so far is when I finished a conversation on a space station and somebody new showed up for me to talk to. When I tried to talk to them (click on them) the interface disappeared.
The work around seems to be switch screens then switch back before starting the second conversation.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I appreciate the titular call-out to Firefly's final episode.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.