The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

pr0ner

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm President Bonespurs had his fee fees hurt by what Cohen was saying, so he had to leave North Korea. I think that's the message here.

For the Democrats to interview in open hearings a convicted liar & fraudster, at the same time as the very important Nuclear Summit with North Korea, is perhaps a new low in American politics and may have contributed to the “walk.” Never done when a president is overseas. Shame!
Getting back to this. It's truly incredible Trump is blaming Democrats (!!) for his failure to get a deal made with North Korea.
Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

There is no "I" in "Trump", only a "u".
Covfefe!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:18 am
Smoove_B wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm President Bonespurs had his fee fees hurt by what Cohen was saying, so he had to leave North Korea. I think that's the message here.

For the Democrats to interview in open hearings a convicted liar & fraudster, at the same time as the very important Nuclear Summit with North Korea, is perhaps a new low in American politics and may have contributed to the “walk.” Never done when a president is overseas. Shame!
Getting back to this. It's truly incredible Trump is blaming Democrats (!!) for his failure to get a deal made with North Korea.
It is? Have you not been paying attention? To him everything that doesn't work the way he wants is the Dems fault.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I think it's funny that the GOP thinks Cohen is a lying sleazeball, but apparently have no problem with a guy like that being Trump's right-hand man for 10 years.
milo

Post by milo »

Heck, Cohen was deputy finance chair for the Republican National Committee.
--milo
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

YellowKing wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:35 pm I think it's funny that the GOP thinks Cohen is a lying sleazeball, but apparently have no problem with a guy like that being Trump's right-hand man for 10 years.
You're not correctly applying the GOP Temporal Vortex & Personal Character Revisionism™ tech--Cohen is a lying sleazeball. He was a trustworthy, effective, and hard-working man with unimpeachable character until relatively recently. Those statements are not at all contradictory after applying the GOPTVPCRT.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zaxxon wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:50 pm
YellowKing wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:35 pm I think it's funny that the GOP thinks Cohen is a lying sleazeball, but apparently have no problem with a guy like that being Trump's right-hand man for 10 years.
You're not correctly applying the GOP Temporal Vortex & Personal Character Revisionism™ tech--Cohen is a lying sleazeball. He was a trustworthy, effective, and hard-working man with unimpeachable character until relatively recently. Those statements are not at all contradictory after applying the GOPTVPCRT.
There is, in fact, a singular moment when this incredible change of character happened. It was the moment his liability outweighed his usefulness. What a strange coincidence.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Let's all pause for a moment to consider the wailing and screaming that would have happened if, say, Hillary Clinton had set up Chelsea with $100 million in taxpayer funds for an unspecified "global women's fund". It would be truly deafening.
President Donald Trump’s 2020 budget proposal will include $100 million for a global women’s fund spearheaded by his daughter Ivanka Trump.

The White House said the budget, expected to be released Monday, will include the funding for the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative. The administration last month launched the government-wide project, which she leads.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Ivanka Trump noted that Friday was International Women’s Day and stressed the initiative was “working towards our goal of economically empowering 50 million women in developing countries by 2025.” She says the budget includes “a new $100 million commitment” for the fund.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That's some next level grifting! Who would dare criticize a women's fund?

Well unless it was headed by Chelsea.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

link

link

(Also: "Holy Bible: Military Challenge Edition"? I'm sure it's just a bunch of inspirational warrior-of-God study-guide claptrap tacked on, but still...)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Valor Movement
The Basic Training Bible is the English Standard Version (ESV) and available in all four branch covers, as well as the generic digi-camo, flag cover, and pink camo. There is also a new website called Military Bible Challenge where you can read the Bible and interact with each other virtually. It’s like having your quiet time with your group. www.MilitaryBibleChallenge.com

When someone finishes the study, they may mail in the postage-paid response card in the back of the Bible to receive a Challenge coin.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Zarathud »

Gives a whole new meaning to Thoughts and Prayers.

Trump Bible is like Trump Steak.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Sorta the ultimate author signing, idn't it?
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Trump's autograph is the scribble of a fucking psychopath. I mean who the hell besides an insane person signs their name like that?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

:ninja:
Holman

Post by Holman »

This would be unbelievable if it weren't real:

The founder of the massage parlor where the NE Patriots' owner was busted is herself a member of Mar-a-Lago and has hobnobbed with all the Usual Suspects (which is probably where Kraft heard about the happy endings).

Oh, and this:

As many have been pointing out, those Chinese-run human-trafficking massage parlors aren't independent operations but franchises of Chinese organized crime. And if one of them has contacts with political figures, it is 100% managed by the Chinese intelligence services.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

There's a running theme here but I can't quite get my hands around it. Hopefully this isn't news to Mueller either as I fully believe we're at a crossroads and if necessary, we need to burn it all to the ground to purge the corruption.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Your Favorite President knows the science!

Carbon Dioxide is the main building block of all life!

(Spoiler: the dude talking on Fox was not a co-founder of Greenpeace and has been an industry spox for 30 years.)

Also, though, POTUS has thoughts on air technology:

Complexity Creates Danger!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:10 pm Let's all pause for a moment to consider the wailing and screaming that would have happened if, say, Hillary Clinton had set up Chelsea with $100 million in taxpayer funds for an unspecified "global women's fund". It would be truly deafening.
President Donald Trump’s 2020 budget proposal will include $100 million for a global women’s fund spearheaded by his daughter Ivanka Trump.

The White House said the budget, expected to be released Monday, will include the funding for the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative. The administration last month launched the government-wide project, which she leads.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Ivanka Trump noted that Friday was International Women’s Day and stressed the initiative was “working towards our goal of economically empowering 50 million women in developing countries by 2025.” She says the budget includes “a new $100 million commitment” for the fund.
Hang on.
“working towards our goal of economically empowering 50 million women in developing countries by 2025.” She says the budget includes “a new $100 million commitment” for the fund.
That's $2/per woman. I know there are some impoverished women out there but $2? That's giving fish, not teaching. And let's be realistic, it's probably more like $1 each after salaries and travel and whatever graft is taken off the top. Granted it's only the beginning so maybe they'll start out with 10 million women. Or just one.

I mean seriously, when a fraudulent businessman gets control of the world's largest budget, it's inevitable. But it still hurts.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNBC
Global poverty has fallen to a record low. The World Bank says 10 percent of the world’s population lived on less than $1.90 a day in 2015, down from 11.2 percent in 2013. That means 735.9 million people lived below the poverty threshold in 2015, down from 804.2 million.
Even giving the money away on an individual basis at that rate would be a large increase on a percentage basis. Of course, I doubt any of that is sustainable.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:00 am
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:10 pm Let's all pause for a moment to consider the wailing and screaming that would have happened if, say, Hillary Clinton had set up Chelsea with $100 million in taxpayer funds for an unspecified "global women's fund". It would be truly deafening.

Hang on.
“working towards our goal of economically empowering 50 million women in developing countries by 2025.” She says the budget includes “a new $100 million commitment” for the fund.
That's $2/per woman. I know there are some impoverished women out there but $2? That's giving fish, not teaching. And let's be realistic, it's probably more like $1 each after salaries and travel and whatever graft is taken off the top. Granted it's only the beginning so maybe they'll start out with 10 million women. Or just one.

I mean seriously, when a fraudulent businessman gets control of the world's largest budget, it's inevitable. But it still hurts.
No, see, they're working TOWARDS a goal of 50 million women.

They're starting with just one. And 100 million dollars.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I bet she takes half and puts the rest up on Kiva.

"Daddy, I'm done!"

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 am I bet she takes half and pits the rest up ok Kiva.
Someone call an ambulance, I think he's had a stroke.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 am I bet she takes half and pits the rest up ok Kiva.
Stupid tiny beybroad.

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 am
This is how my wife texts, incidentally. I'm concerned that one day she'll have a stroke, try to text me about it, and I won't be able to tell the difference.
Black Lives Matter.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Holman wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:51 am (Spoiler: the dude talking on Fox was not a co-founder of Greenpeace and has been an industry spox for 30 years.)
That doesn't stop Fox News from calling Moore a founder!
Greenpeace founder Patrick Moore, a vocal critic of the Green New Deal, appeared on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” Monday to make the case that the sweeping plan introduced by Rep. Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., would be a disaster for mankind.

Moore warned that the implementation of the agenda being promoted by prominent Democrats, including several 2020 candidates, would lead to the “end of civilization” because of the goal of phasing out essential energy sources like coal and nuclear within 10 years.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wiki
Patrick Albert Moore (born 1947) is a Canadian businessman, nuclear energy advocate, environmental consultant and former president of Greenpeace Canada.

After leaving Greenpeace, Moore has criticized the environmental movement for what he calls scare tactics and disinformation, saying that the environmental movement "abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism".

He has sharply and publicly differed with many policies of major environmental groups, including Greenpeace itself on other issues including forestry, biotechnology, aquaculture, and the use of chemicals for many applications. According to Greenpeace, he is "a paid spokesman for the nuclear industry, the logging industry, and genetic engineering industry" and is an outspoken proponent of nuclear energy and skeptical of human activity as the main cause for global warming. Greenpeace also stated in 2010 that Moore "exploits long-gone ties with Greenpeace to sell himself as a speaker and pro-corporate spokesperson."
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Has he ever just admitted he was wrong about something, or made a mistake?

I know the answer, never mind.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:19 pm

It makes sense - "Tim Apple" is way more efficient than "Tim Cook".
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Damn straight, El OO!
Covfefe!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

The ease with which he changes his lies on a daily basis is very unsettling.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Not only that, but he lies about the most insignificant, trivial things. Things most adults who are fully functional would just ignore. That that isn't a warning bell for his worshipers just goes to show how delusional/angry/stupid they are.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

to save time & words
Interesting objectives for a guy who spends half his day in "executive time" and who murders words and their meanings on a daily basis.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

His saving words is a sign of:

Strokes, depression, excessive long-term alcohol consumption, infections, hormonal disorders, nutritional deficiencies, brain tumors, and dementia.

Take your pick.

As someone with a mortal fear of early onset alzheimer's , the signs sure do seem strong to me and like they are coming from type A sociopath or "gaslighter" as we like to say in the 2010s, who already doesn't know how to be wrong.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:49 pm His saving words is a sign of:

Strokes, depression, excessive long-term alcohol consumption, infections, hormonal disorders, nutritional deficiencies, brain tumors, and dementia.

Take your pick.

As someone with a mortal fear of early onset alzheimer's , the signs sure do seem strong to me and like they are coming from type A sociopath or "gaslighter" as we like to say in the 2010s, who already doesn't know how to be wrong.
He isn't saving words, though. That's just his latest lie because the first one didn't play too well.

edit: Unless you're just referring to him botching Tim's name in the first place.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Worse, he has no idea how to be right.

He has the world's best support network. He could literally be a hamster and make more informed decisions by eating the food placed on the yes/no mat by qualified personnel.

Every single mistake he makes is avoidable and of his own making. He could cut those in half just by hiring someone competent (not even politically competent, just not a moron) to run his Twitter account for him.

It's mind boggling.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Holman wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:51 am Your Favorite President knows the science!

Future Space Force inductees take note. You may be going to space in baking soda rockets.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:19 pm

It makes sense - "Tim Apple" is way more efficient than "Tim Cook".
Tapple!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pm
Holman wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:51 am Your Favorite President knows the science!

Future Space Force inductees take note. You may be going to space in baking soda rockets.
ok - who the fuck at Fox & Friends was ruminating on airplanes yesterday?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Boeing has been on his hit list for a while, and with the crash, they're front and center on the news.