[Movie] Captain Marvel

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

JSHAW

Re: [Movie] Captain Marvel

Post by JSHAW »

I saw some pictures on the net with Brie Larson at a movie theater serving up popcorn and helping people dispense their drinks. I've seen alot of stars that gave out alot of autographs but I've never seen a hollywood star, at a movie theater, serving up popcorn and sodas. THAT'S dedication, and a down-to-earth person. Props given!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

DD* wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:59 pm Well that certainly looked good! I'm sure we will be there opening weekend, just like we are for every other Marvel movie. Large buttered popcorn, please! :pop:
:(
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

A super rare trip to the theatre for me today and I wasn't disappointed. I'd put it among my favorite in the MCU and am glad I didn't wait months to see in on the small screen, though if I had waited I could have taken the opportunity for a few moments to go back and play over and hear what the hell was being said.
Which, if any, MCU movies should you have seen before this?
A bit too late to answer you PK but I'd say Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America were the most contextually meaningful movies for this. However, neither were necessary. It was a good space opera story on its own, even if it also a great lead up to the next Avenger's movie and used the context of many MCU movies from the last decade plus.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I saw it on IMAX today and really enjoyed it...very fun movie with great visuals, exciting action, and a good sense of humor. It's clear that Captain Marvel is incredibly powerful, but it is will be interesting for Howard that power helps the Avengers against Thanos and the Infinity Stones.

My only concern is with Brie Larson as the heir apparent to lead the Avengers in the next phase of the MCU. I know she can be a good actress, but she seemed a bit awkward in parts of Captain Marvel. I'm not sure if that was intentional as the character was finding herself, or if Larson doesn't quite have the right superhero swagger yet. Time will tell I guess...
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LordMortis wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:05 pm if I had waited I could have taken the opportunity for a few moments to go back and play over and hear what the hell was being said.
Start looking for closed captioning screenings. The RealD 3D theater closes to me at AMC has it as an option.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That’s the only critique I’ve read about her performance. She’s definitely a good actress, but she’s kind of an indie type actress (Kong aside). And sometimes they don’t make the jump to something like this. At least not without some awkwardness. I haven’t seen it yet, so I hope I’m wrong.
Last edited by hepcat on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I did not see the awkward. I thought she was fantastic. Her character was more emotionally guarded than all of the other MCU protagonists, departing from Iron Man as central Avenger tone, but I think that was the story. More than that, and I get too spoilerie.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

JSHAW wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:49 pm I saw some pictures on the net with Brie Larson at a movie theater serving up popcorn and helping people dispense their drinks. I've seen alot of stars that gave out alot of autographs but I've never seen a hollywood star, at a movie theater, serving up popcorn and sodas. THAT'S dedication, and a down-to-earth person. Props given!
I didn't realize it was in NJ. Cool stuff.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Were there any cameos by Paste Pot Pete in the film?
Covfefe!
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:13 am
JSHAW wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:49 pm I saw some pictures on the net with Brie Larson at a movie theater serving up popcorn and helping people dispense their drinks. I've seen alot of stars that gave out alot of autographs but I've never seen a hollywood star, at a movie theater, serving up popcorn and sodas. THAT'S dedication, and a down-to-earth person. Props given!
I didn't realize it was in NJ. Cool stuff.
This was in Clifton which is near me.
https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/south ... er/749329/
I've been to this theater a few times, but it's not my normal theater as there are 2 that are closer to me.
I'll be honest though. From looking at those pics, I dont think I would have recognized her by looks alone.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LordMortis wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:31 pm I did not see the awkward. I thought she was fantastic. Her character was more emotionally guarded than all of the other MCU protagonists, departing from Iron Man as central Avenger tone, but I think that was the story. More than that, and I get too spoilerie.
ditto here. Some of the audience reviews do think this, but it's a bit hard to tell if it's just the incel troll influence or not. Regardless, most of the lesser reviews are incel-idiots or touching on her performance (or a combination thereof).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

My daughter (14) pointed out that she was always trying to control her emotions...and maybe this was the director's doing...since Jude Law's character kept pointing it out.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

disarm wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:09 pm I saw it on IMAX today and really enjoyed it...very fun movie with great visuals, exciting action, and a good sense of humor. It's clear that Captain Marvel is incredibly powerful, but it is will be interesting for Howard that power helps the Avengers against Thanos and the Infinity Stones.

My only concern is with Brie Larson as the heir apparent to lead the Avengers in the next phase of the MCU. I know she can be a good actress, but she seemed a bit awkward in parts of Captain Marvel. I'm not sure if that was intentional as the character was finding herself, or if Larson doesn't quite have the right superhero swagger yet. Time will tell I guess...
Has there been information implying or saying Captain Marvel will lead the Avengers in the next phase? Aside from her helping against Thanos, I hadn't heard much else. And nothing from the comics leads me to believe she would lead the Avengers. For me, Carol Danvers' story doesn't really get interesting until after she encounters (at the time a villain) Rogue. And after all her major story elements, she doesn't end up leading any of the teams she's with.

As for how powerful she is, put in perspective she presently just has partial power from one of the infinity stones (as far as was revealed). I don't really see at the moment how useful that's going to be in a situation where you really need to turn back time or reality or something much more drastic.

Anyway, I thought Brie Larson did a good job all in all given what she had to work with. I can see how some might have found elements of her performance awkward, but for me it was more that the script/story was needlessly convoluted. Granted I am still recovering from pneumonia, but the multiple dream, flashback, illusion, memory etc sequences were just a little too hard to follow. I think I passed out for about 10 minutes from confusion. It was really confusing to me what memories she did or didn't have during any given scene in the movie.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm
LordMortis wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:31 pm I did not see the awkward. I thought she was fantastic. Her character was more emotionally guarded than all of the other MCU protagonists, departing from Iron Man as central Avenger tone, but I think that was the story. More than that, and I get too spoilerie.
ditto here. Some of the audience reviews do think this, but it's a bit hard to tell if it's just the incel troll influence or not. Regardless, most of the lesser reviews are incel-idiots or touching on her performance (or a combination thereof).
There are some professional reviews that also note this. That's where I read it, as a matter of fact. I usually ignore audience reviews. The Atlantic notes it in their review, but they also blame the insomniac plot point for not giving her anything to really chew on, narratively speaking.

But as I said, I haven't seen it yet. I hope they're wrong.
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I haven't read them, so I don't know if they have merit. Everyone gets an opinion. I'll just disagree with theirs. I'd put this ahead Captain America, Thor, and Dr Strange. I think this movie brought more to the table and while I can't speak the larger acting abilities of Larson, her persona fit what I thought the character was supposed to be. There are even two scenes explicitly address this.
Spoiler:
1) I can only assume they went back and shot the scene after twitter you should smile more thing. Unless that itself was fake. It worked very very well. It tied together the hubub of the movie with issues women face generally with Danver's actual character.

2) The first time broke her stunted response was a 4th wall broken nod to give a genuine warm smile to Stan Lee before becoming Veiled again.

It took her until Fury came back for her to begin to let her guard (and training) down but even then she remains outside of the hollywood actress and superheroine stereotype molds.

Of course, I'm no expert on such things. I've never read a Captain Marvel comic, I remain enamored with all of the molds Tank Girl broke all these years later in movies and comic books (even if it wasn't all that true to the source), and I disliked Burton's Batman.
Last edited by LordMortis on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I don't really have a stake in this. I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't getting that from "incel troll reviewers".
Covfefe!
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

We saw it in Prime 3D and the colors seemed strangely muted. Like I kept wanting to turn up the brightness the entire time. Not sure if the color palette was really meant to look that way because...90s? Or AMC just had their projector off calibration somehow.

Aside from that, though, I really enjoyed the movie. Although I don't remember details of the other MCU movies particularly well, so many of the nuanced references are completely lost on me. Like...a couple of the named aliens are supposed to be in Guardians of the Galaxy? Yeah, I totally don't remember them.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

gilraen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:51 pm We saw it in Prime 3D and the colors seemed strangely muted. Like I kept wanting to turn up the brightness the entire time. Not sure if the color palette was really meant to look that way because...90s? Or AMC just had their projector off calibration somehow.

Aside from that, though, I really enjoyed the movie. Although I don't remember details of the other MCU movies particularly well, so many of the nuanced references are completely lost on me. Like...a couple of the named aliens are supposed to be in Guardians of the Galaxy? Yeah, I totally don't remember them.
3D always seems to mute the colors for me.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:30 pm I haven't read them, so I don't know if they have merit. Everyone gets an opinion. I'll just disagree with theirs. I'd put this ahead Captain America, Thor, and Dr Strange. I think this movie brought more to the table and while I can't speak the larger acting abilities of Larson, her persona fit what I thought the character was supposed to be. There are even two scenes explicitly address this.
Spoiler:
1) I can only assume they went back and shot the scene after twitter you should smile more thing. Unless that itself was fake. It worked very very well. It tied together the hubub of the movie with issues women face generally with Danver's actual character.

2) The first time broke her stunted response was a 4th wall broken nod to give a genuine warm smile to Stan Lee before becoming Viel(ed) again.

It took her until Fury came back for her to begin to let her guard (and training) down but even then she remains outside of the hollywood actress and superheroine stereotype molds.

Of course, I'm no expert on such things. I've never read a Captain Marvel comic, I remain enamored with all of the molds Tank Girl broke all these years later in movies and comic books (even if it wasn't all that true to the source), and I disliked Burton's Batman.
Spoiler:
I agree that her performance was in line with the character's arc, which is in many ways your standard amnesiac-discovers-her-past story. She's guarded at the beginning, and opens up as the movie goes on.

I'm really interested to she how she plays it Endgame. At that point, Carol will have spent two decades growing as a leader -- presumably including ending the Kree-Skrull war.

On the "smile" scene, I wouldn't be surprised if it predates the Larson-specific dustup. "Stop telling women to smile" has been a Thing for a while now.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

AWS260 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm
Spoiler:
On the "smile" scene, I wouldn't be surprised if it predates the Larson-specific dustup. "Stop telling women to smile" has been a Thing for a while now.
Spoiler:
Absolutely and even moreso in movies.

It's interesting to wonder about and I'm sure it will come up and be talked about.

Did she respond to Internet trolls knowing full well this was in the movie or did the movie come back as a response to trolling?
Was the trolling staged or did she dig to find it or was it easily anticipated and addressed or was it unanticipated and poetic?

I, personally, absolutely loved it, no matter how the movie dots get connected to twitter. It goes over the top with recognizing itself as a narrative, with comic books addressing social problems from the world of the fantastic. Normally, I hate the breaking the spell of the movie, pulling me out of the story, but it just works in this film. They pull it off and that's part of what has me giving such high marks.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I liked the movie, and found it completely entertaining. Her character is under pressure from the start, to prove her worth. So I felt that the more low key performance suited the movie. On one end of the scale you have something like Iron Man or Guardians, which call for a more flamboyant lead hero. Then on the other side you have Black Panther and Captain Marvel, which call for gravitas. I thought all the supporting actors did a good job too, everyone brought something to the movie.

This is also yet another Marvel movie that amazes me, again, with how they can pull off some wacky characters or character traits and make it work. There are a couple of things in this movie that come out of nowhere and would be ridiculous or even Syfy level cheesy in other movies and yet Marvel makes it fit seamlessly into their movie.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Okay, saw it after work. I liked it, but I didn’t love it. It felt a little too “by the numbers”. To be fair, that also applies to quite a few others in the Marvel stable though. But many of those offset some of that with a little more humor, or a stronger villain.

It’s still a worthy entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The villain “twist” was a strong point, I thought. But it still doesn’t break into my top 10.
Covfefe!
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

there were some really stupid decisions made by the characters to artificially drive the plot. were it not for that, this would be one of the best Marvel films- comic book tone was solid. maybe the dopey parts were appropriate to that as well.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Content-wise, would this be an appropriate movie to take a 6 (almost 7) year-old to? He's seen a few other Marvel movies (Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, and one or two others) and not been overly spooked or traumatized (even though Black Panther was a little more stabby than I remembered). I get the general impression that the content here is in line with other Marvel movies, so it seems like it should be fine.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:13 pm Content-wise, would this be an appropriate movie to take a 6 (almost 7) year-old to? He's seen a few other Marvel movies (Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, and one or two others) and not been overly spooked or traumatized (even though Black Panther was a little more stabby than I remembered). I get the general impression that the content here is in line with other Marvel movies, so it seems like it should be fine.
Oh yeah, this is fine. If he was fine in Black Panther, he'll be fine here as well.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

I saw this on Wednesday. I liked it a lot. Larson has a certain way about her that made her engaging to watch even when she wasn't doing anything. I also feel like I have to go back and rewatch all of AoS and view it through this lens.

Really can't wait for Endgame!
LordMortis wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:30 pm I haven't read them, so I don't know if they have merit. Everyone gets an opinion. I'll just disagree with theirs. I'd put this ahead Captain America, Thor, and Dr Strange. I think this movie brought more to the table and while I can't speak the larger acting abilities of Larson, her persona fit what I thought the character was supposed to be. There are even two scenes explicitly address this.
Spoiler:

2) The first time broke her stunted response was a 4th wall broken nod to give a genuine warm smile to Stan Lee before becoming Viel(ed) again.

Spoiler:
For point 1), I had the exact same reaction. I kind of hope it was added after the fact - it would make it so much cooler. Also, she smiles a lot in this film. Her default expression seems to be a self confident smirk. Just something I noticed (and never would have without the controversy).

2) I liked the Stan cameo and her response. I also loved the new Marvel title opening and hope it remains the standard for a while.

I've never read any of the comics either, but I think she was trying to portray an almost arrogant self confidence at all times. Like right from the opening scene where she spars, she's confident and aggressive at all times even when she's getting whooped. She always thinks she the biggest badass in the room, even if it's not true, and she'll keep getting up to prove it. Sort of plays out in the end where she learns to truly accept her power and gets all glowy. I liked that part the best, but as a father of daughters, I'm a sucker for stories of woman finding inner strength and kicking butt. :)

Also really loved all the scenes with Coulson and Fury. They're just great.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

stessier wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Spoiler:
For point 1), I had the exact same reaction. I kind of hope it was added after the fact - it would make it so much cooler. Also, she smiles a lot in this film. Her default expression seems to be a self confident smirk. Just something I noticed (and never would have without the controversy).
Spoiler:
Larson and the director have both said that scene was part of the film from early on. Which I think makes it even more powerful: it's not a reaction to comic book trolls, it's a depiction of the everyday bullshit that women have to put up with.
“That’s just a depiction of the female experience,” Larson told Yahoo Entertainment at a recent press event for the film held at Edwards Air Force Base (watch above). “That’s just what it’s like. So it didn’t really bother me that much when I saw that that was the reaction because that’s just how it goes.”
“It was always in the script. It’s not an uncommon thing for women to hear,” Boden said. “So it doesn’t surprise me at all that it was in social media. I think a lot of women can relate to that moment.”
stessier

Post by stessier »

AWS260 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:56 pm
stessier wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Larson and the director have both said that scene was part of the film from early on. Which I think makes it even more powerful: it's not a reaction to comic book trolls, it's a depiction of the everyday bullshit that women have to put up with.
“That’s just a depiction of the female experience,” Larson told Yahoo Entertainment at a recent press event for the film held at Edwards Air Force Base (watch above). “That’s just what it’s like. So it didn’t really bother me that much when I saw that that was the reaction because that’s just how it goes.”
“It was always in the script. It’s not an uncommon thing for women to hear,” Boden said. “So it doesn’t surprise me at all that it was in social media. I think a lot of women can relate to that moment.”
Okay, I stand corrected. That does make the point better.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

AWS260 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Spoiler:
Thank you for that link. I really did want the meta on this and i assume lots and lots of other do to. I can only guess it will continue to be a topic of discussion. And think that's good. I think Lee would be honored to be associated with it.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We just got out and I enjoyed it a great deal. It treads dangerously close to the edge of hokey-ness at times, but that's OK since I was still having fun and all Marvel movies do this to a certain extent.

As far as Brie's performance, I understood the concern going in (not the incel crap, just in general since she's not a summer blockbuster type actress). There were a couple of scenes where I felt this, but for the most part she was fantastic and I grew to like her more and more as the film went on. By the end I was a total fan of her portrayal.

I really enjoyed the bits of fan service, as did the audience. And f--- the haters. I love the girl power. I really want to take my daughter to see this.

Also, Brie can rock the hell out of a NIN shirt. :D
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Just got back from seeing it with my 2 Grandkids, 15yo boy and 8yo girl.
Grandson and I go to all the superhero movies together.
First one with Granddaughter and it was so great to hear her laughing and watching her be involved in the movie.
We all enjoyed the movie a lot.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Saw it yesterday. Great movie. I sat in front of some people who couldn't shut up about obvious plot points, but I still enjoyed it.

The scene at the end of the credits was very disappointing. Has nobody in Hollywood ever owned a cat? That's not what it sounds like.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I thought it was a completely competent Marvel movie. Moments of inspiration surrounded by the same old thing. Not very much nuance. And as much as they want to keep things moving along in an origin story, there isn't nearly enough backstory to make the characters (especially the villains) compelling. Ben Mendelsohn was a treat as always, though.

Spoiler:
What did Danvers do for the last six years on the Kree homeworld? Spar with Jude Law? I got whiplash from the twist. She worked with this team presumably for half a decade, and for the most part they were so quick to turn on her?'

The Lee Pace appearance might have made sense story-wise, but it felt shoehorned in. Similar with Djimon Honsou. (To contrast, I felt they did just enough with Clark Gregg to justify him being there.) I was also frustrated with how Captain Marvel magically safely detonated a bevy of warheads be slowing one down, turning it around, and throwing it at the others? Her powers aren't particularly well explained. It seems like she can pretty much just do anything the story requires.

So the space cat just hung around the Air Force base for six years? Who fed it? That's what happened to Nick Fury's eye? Really?
They seemed to try to cram every 90s song possible into the film, even when it wasn't necessarily thematically appropriate.

I'm frustrated I didn't enjoy it more. I wanted to. I don't think it was bad, by any means. Brie Larson was fine if not good. It was just underwhelming.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ben Mendelsohn
Was he the main Skrull? He was fantastic.
Sudy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Spoiler:
What did Danvers do for the last six years on the Kree homeworld? Spar with Jude Law? I got whiplash from the twist. She worked with this team presumably for half a decade, and for the most part they were so quick to turn on her?'
Spoiler:
Weird. While I didn't see the Skrull twist coming. To me, Ver felt like a asset as much as she felt like a student as soon as she was no longer with her team and specifically was on earth making her first call.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Saw this yesterday. I enjoyed it but I think the ending came a bit too fast and was a bit too neat. It helped that the soundtrack was some prime 90s rock.

I thought Brie Larson was fine and certainly watchable, although the range of emotion she showed in the movie was pretty limited; especially considering the constant warnings that she was too prone to show her emotions.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I saw this last night. Very much enjoyed it - one of the better Marvel movies. I didn't see the Skrull twist coming. I do recall thinking during the first fight scene that Jude Law came across a little evil, and I had some pause when we see him talking to Ronan.

But I thought it was well done. I especially enjoyed the Captain Marvel / Nick Fury relationship, and how the skrulls were developed. The final fight scenes became a little anticlimactic once Captain Marvel levels up at the end, where it's like "ok, now it's basically a god fighting a bunch of regular commandos", but it's not like superhero movies generally leave a lot of doubt about how it's all going to turn out in the end.

I'd say this is probably a top 5 Marvel movie for me, although I'd need to sit down and actually rank them to be sure.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:17 am Were there any cameos by Paste Pot Pete in the film?
Yes, it's in the third post credit scene. You have to wait until the screen turns off and the theatre lights come on. Then the movie staff will come in and tell you that the movie is over and that you need to go. You need to remain in your seat and angrily insist that you're staying, and if you're persistent enough, after 30 minutes the Paste Pot Pete scene will play.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:49 am I'd say this is probably a top 5 Marvel movie for me, although I'd need to sit down and actually rank them to be sure.
Marvel movies or MCU movies?

I put it in the top 5 MCU movies to be sure if you expand it Marvel then I think Blade, RamiVision Spiderman, and Deadpool knock it out but not by much.

If you limit it to MCU, you get IronMan, GoG, and The Avengers, and With Captain America, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther being neck and neck, I think. I think those four brought more to the table than any of of the others.

So I give her top 7 Marvel movies where I have to reluctantly put Hopkins and Hiddleston as great performances but in a an already solid narrative with nothing new, really, out of reach, so they round out the top 10 after a three way tie for 7.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:20 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:49 am I'd say this is probably a top 5 Marvel movie for me, although I'd need to sit down and actually rank them to be sure.
Marvel movies or MCU movies?

I put it in the top 5 MCU movies to be sure if you expand it Marvel then I think Blade, RamiVision Spiderman, and Deadpool knock it out but not by much.

If you limit it to MCU, you get IronMan, GoG, and The Avengers, and With Captain America, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther being neck and neck, I think. I think those four brought more to the table than any of of the others.

So I give her top 7 Marvel movies where I have to reluctantly put Hopkins and Hiddleston as great performances but in a an already solid narrative with nothing new, really, out of reach, so they round out the top 10 after a three way tie for 7.
MCU movies. I think Blank Panther is #1 and is probably the only legitimately great MCU movie. Well, I'd put Guardians of the Galaxy 1 as a great movie as well, and that would probably be #2. After that, Captain Marvel is in the next tier of "very good".
Black Lives Matter.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Saw it last Saturday, enjoyed it. Like the Skrull twist, and Mar-vel / Star-Force twist as well.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds