MLB Post Season 2019

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lorini

MLB Post Season 2019

Post by Lorini »

Giants gonna suck!!! :)

In other NL West news, glad Machado can goof around on a dead end team, Giants would have been a scare with him on their team. Apparently the Yankees are the best early bet to win the World Series, not the Red Sox which seems surprising to me, but maybe some of you AL East fans can explain this.

Goldie going to the NL Central was probably not what the Cubs wanted to see, but I love a good rivalry so I'll keep an eye on Cards/Cubs.

What are you looking forward to this season? I'm looking forward to the Dodgers actually doing the thing by winning the World Series this time!! :)
Last edited by Lorini on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Re: MLB Season 2019

Post by Jeff V »

I actually watched a few minutes of a Cubs game the other day. The bored announcers said "you can never have too many runs on a day like today." They were ahead something stupid, like 21-6 at the time. :roll:

Most though I just wanted to see what warm weather looked like.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I have a feeling that Trouty will do everything he can to prove he earned his contract. Which means either another MVP season or a season ending injury when he tries to rob a HR or beat out a tag or something.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:29 am Giants gonna suck!!! :)

In other NL West news, glad Machado can goof around on a dead end team, Giants would have been a scare with him on their team. Apparently the Yankees are the best early bet to win the World Series, not the Red Sox which seems surprising to me, but maybe some of you AL East fans can explain this.

Goldie going to the NL Central was probably not what the Cubs wanted to see, but I love a good rivalry so I'll keep an eye on Cards/Cubs.

What are you looking forward to this season? I'm looking forward to the Dodgers actually doing the thing by winning the World Series this time!! :)
I mean, the Yankees did win over 100 games last season, so it's not crazy to pick them as a World Series contender. A bit surprising ahead of the Red Sox, but didn't the Yankees get some big name pitcher from Seattle or something over the offseason? Maybe that's the difference.

I'm just psyched to have baseball in my life again - it's my favorite sport. And I'm also excited to watch the defending champion Boston Red Sox.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:52 am
Lorini wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:29 am Giants gonna suck!!! :)

I'm just psyched to have baseball in my life again - it's my favorite sport. And I'm also NOT excited to watch the defending champion Boston Red Sox.
Fixed that for you :) Can't wait for the Dodgers!
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Looking forward to seeing the opening day match-up of Scherzer vs deGrom. Go Nats! Also will enjoy the genuinely warm reception Harper will get when he makes his return to Nationals Stadium in the future. Afterwards, he must be crushed of course...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:53 pm Looking forward to seeing the opening day match-up of Scherzer vs deGrom. Go Nats! Also will enjoy the genuinely warm reception Harper will get when he makes his return to Nationals Stadium in the future. Afterwards, he must be crushed of course...
I'm going to tomorrow's game. And next Wednesday to see Scherzer v Harper.
Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The Long Beach Angels of Anaheim have only about 4 pitchers returning, only one in the top 5 rotation, so huge question mark. Shohei Ohtani is expected to recover from TJ surgery so he can DH (!), no pitching in 2019. Trout and Simmons are at or close to the top of their positions, but doubtful they have enough around them.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

pr0ner wrote:
$iljanus wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:53 pm Looking forward to seeing the opening day match-up of Scherzer vs deGrom. Go Nats! Also will enjoy the genuinely warm reception Harper will get when he makes his return to Nationals Stadium in the future. Afterwards, he must be crushed of course...
I'm going to tomorrow's game. And next Wednesday to see Scherzer v Harper.
Oh, you lucky fella! Looking forward to seeing that face off.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

The Cubs are a big mystery to me right now. If Bryant and Darvish are back to peak forms after injury hampered years, I'll feel pretty good. The rotation makes me nervous, though. Are Lester and Hamels too old? Will Quintana rebound and take some of the sting out of seeing Jimenez be the next big thing on the South Side? Will Hendricks give a lecture series at Northwestern on his off nights?

This is pretty much the same personnel that won 95 games last year, but both the advanced stats and media seem to think their time is over. The rest of the NL Central is looking really tough, too, which doesn't help.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

The Royals brought back Lucas Duda right at the end of spring training - so I guess they're finally tanking for real. :mrgreen:

It'll be fun to see if Mondesi can keep up last year's pace over a full season and if any of the pitchers they drafted last year make it up. Otherwise it looks to be another 100 loss season. :(
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I will be at the Dodgers-Giants game on Tuesday, which of course is one of the 10 games being televised (outside of Spectrum which few people get) AND the only game during the series that doesn't get a promo :cry: The $1 Dodger dogs are on Monday and that's our favorite promo. Unfortunately they hadn't put it in when I bought the tickets.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well the expected pitching duel in Washington certainly happened. Strikeouts galore and the Mets eek out a 2-0 win. :horse: I can't complain about the offense when it's Max pitching. The guy is just nuts.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Octavious wrote:Well the expected pitching duel in Washington certainly happened. Strikeouts galore and the Mets eek out a 2-0 win. :horse: I can't complain about the offense when it's Max pitching. The guy is just nuts.
Max pitched a good game but props to your guy deGrom. Was a good pitching duel to watch and the game went by quickly to me too. Boo to the Nationals closers though! Grrrrr
Black lives matter!

naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:29 am
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Now that batting practice is over, when does the Dodger game start? :D
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:32 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:29 am
Uh, your team lost to the Padres

:lol:
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Only on opening day can the Padres, Tigers and Royals all be in first place. :lol:
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm Only on opening day can the Padres, Tigers and Royals all be in first place. :lol:
Or 1984, when those were 3 of the 4 division winners. :mrgreen:
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:07 pm Now that batting practice is over, when does the Dodger game start? :D
8 HR's crazy. Get it out of the system now :)
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Looking forward to The Astros being excellent. Hoping the stars are healthy and some from the stable of young players step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

The Cubs are on a pace to set league records for wins and runs in a season.

Javy Baez will almost certainly win the MVP this year if he keeps up this home run pace.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I can't wait for the season to start. These high scoring Spring Training affairs are depressing.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:20 am The Cubs are on a pace to set league records for wins and runs in a season.
Bite me. :tjg:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:21 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:20 am The Cubs are on a pace to set league records for wins and runs in a season.
Bite me. :tjg:
In the grand scheme of things, having your team win a blow out sweet sixteen game trumps having your team get blown out on opening day, so you've got that going for you.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'll take it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Javy Baez will almost certainly win the MVP this year if he keeps up this home run pace.
It will be a tough call between him and Joc Pederson.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Do you really think it's realistic that Pederson will be able to keep it up, though? I could see him averaging a home run per game, but two is a tall order for him.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Do you really think it's realistic that Pederson will be able to keep it up, though? I could see him averaging a home run per game, but two is a tall order for him.
True. He's good for 2 per game against righties, certainly, but against lefties? Probably only 1 per game, and that's if he isn't platooned.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Some light reading for between games.
On October 27, 2009, the Ricketts family officially purchased a 95 percent ownership stake in the Chicago Cubs from the Tribune Company, bringing an end to a long, arduous, and complex sale process. Now, thanks to a cache of emails and documents obtained by Deadspin, more details from that process can be revealed than ever before, providing an unprecedented insider’s view of an MLB team sale.

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:35 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:28 pm

True. He's good for 2 per game against righties, certainly, but against lefties? Probably only 1 per game, and that's if he isn't platooned.
He's totally platooned. Not playing today against a lefty.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Day two and the Tigers fall by the wayside while the Padres and Royals (you can't lose if you don't play) stay in first.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Six and a half hours for a thirteen inning game is ridiculous. And the early assessment of Joe Kelly is that the Dodgers still need a set up guy. He was awful.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Alonso for the Mets appears to be the real deal. 4 hits in his first two games in the majors.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote:Six and a half hours for a thirteen inning game is ridiculous. And the early assessment of Joe Kelly is that the Dodgers still need a set up guy. He was awful.
He was great in the playoffs (suddenly the whole Sox bullpen except for Kimbrel remembered how to pitch), but wildly inconsistent in the regular season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I enjoyed game 2.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Earned runs for the first three Red Sox starters: 7, 6, 5.

At least the trend direction is good, I suppose.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

We need to play AZ every game for the rest of the season.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:14 am We need to play AZ every game for the rest of the season.
Ya but with the game 2 results...

Get it out of your system please.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Yea, the Nationals bats are active today with them now leading 5-3. Better get more insurance runs before the Nats closers muck it up. :P
Black lives matter!