Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Post Reply
User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:22 pm

I was looking at games Ive been wanting and seeing the release dates...like Call of Duty Black Ops 3 was 2015 and I realize 2 things.....

1. Ive been wanting new games and not buying them for at least 3 or 4 years.........and

2. Seeing dates makes me think I was thinking of games while Donna was on her way to dying....of course neither of us knew that then..was just life....but it enters my silly mind...sigh

Heck I could die tomorrow suddenly and not know a thing about it today.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:53 pm

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/29 ... anu-reeves
Sandra Bullock Was Offered the Role of Neo in The Matrix Before Keanu Reeves
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Jaymann
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:13 pm
Location: California

Re: Random randomness

Post by Jaymann » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:08 pm

That would have been god awful.

Although sex with Trinity would have been hawt!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

User avatar
Trent Steel
Posts: 8065
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:28 am
Location: Pain Dome

Re: Random randomness

Post by Trent Steel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:29 pm

Are you a urinal spitter?

I am not and am confounded by guys that do this. I keep my mouth shut and breathe very lightly through my nose while whizzing to minimize tasting/smelling urine particles that arise. I would think that spitting into the urinal while mid-stream would get you a taste of your own piss. Or at least draw urine vapors into your mouth as you finish spitting.

I am part germaphobe so maybe it's just me.
18-1™ & 2-0

User avatar
Brian
Posts: 11178
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:51 am
Location: South of Heaven
[OO] Brian’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Random randomness

Post by Brian » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:12 pm

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
Trent Steel
Posts: 8065
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:28 am
Location: Pain Dome

Re: Random randomness

Post by Trent Steel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Almost 9 years ago? Damn.

It seems my stance on this has grown much more negative over the last decade.
18-1™ & 2-0

User avatar
disarm
Posts: 4019
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:50 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Contact:

Re: Random randomness

Post by disarm » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:30 pm


Trent Steel wrote:Are you a urinal spitter?

I am part germaphobe so maybe it's just me.
I'm more bothered by the people who apparently like to pick their nose and smear the boogers on the wall above the urinal. Staring at crusty, sometimes bloody, crumbs of old snot while I take a leak is not something I enjoy. Someone likes to donate this in one of our bathrooms at the work, and the cleaning staff apparently don't notice, leaving it there for months at a time because they don't wipe down the walls like they should...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing - Pillars of Eternity, Rise of the Tomb Raider

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 40570
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: Random randomness

Post by GreenGoo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:13 pm

I don't know how you guys spit but stuff comes out of my mouth, not in.

User avatar
Jaymann
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:13 pm
Location: California

Re: Random randomness

Post by Jaymann » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 pm

Trent Steel wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:29 pm
Are you a urinal spitter?
I think I started spitting after reading that thread nine years ago.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

User avatar
LordMortis
Posts: 60699
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm

Re: Random randomness

Post by LordMortis » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:43 pm

One friend just posted this two days ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusi ... ar-BBVguLr

Hadn't thought about that show since the Parker and Stone movie I never saw and before that I thought about it since sometime in the 80s.

Then today another friend posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment- ... gn=bbcnews

Rimmer was a face you knew if you grew up in the 70s, even if you didn't know who he was. RIP.

Freyland
Posts: 2106
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:03 pm

Re: Random randomness

Post by Freyland » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:57 pm

I'm snickering that "your input" and "my stance" both made it into the urinal discussion.
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21059
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Random randomness

Post by Holman » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:46 pm

disarm wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:30 pm
Trent Steel wrote:Are you a urinal spitter?

I am part germaphobe so maybe it's just me.
I'm more bothered by the people who apparently like to pick their nose and smear the boogers on the wall above the urinal. Staring at crusty, sometimes bloody, crumbs of old snot while I take a leak is not something I enjoy. Someone likes to donate this in one of our bathrooms at the work, and the cleaning staff apparently don't notice, leaving it there for months at a time because they don't wipe down the walls like they should...
I've taught at a certain university for eight years now, and my habits have led me to frequent the same men's restrooms in the library and class buildings. I've been able to observe a cycle by which the walls above particular urinals collect boogers for many months at a time until they are wiped clean and the process begins again.

Apparently this isn't just something automatic and unnoticed (like, say, spitting on the sidewalk). Rounds of graffiti spring up around the boogers, commenting on them, which then provokes new deposits of snot. The infrequent clean-up involves painting the walls and covering these remarks, but that just prepares a new bare canvas.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that this doesn't happen in the women's restrooms.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Skinypupy
Posts: 13242
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:12 am
Location: Pac-12 Country

Re: Random randomness

Post by Skinypupy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 pm

LordMortis wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:43 pm
Rimmer was a face you knew if you grew up in the 70s, even if you didn't know who he was. RIP.
Image
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 pm

I turned weird sick..got really cold, started chilling and shaking and my head feel like my brain hurts if I turn my head too quick or shake it.

Its 61 outside right now but at least my space heater made me stop shaking. Maybe its my time. Ha I dream too much.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:06 am

Garfield phones have been washing up on a French shore since 1980....heres why.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47732553
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:10 am

Went to bed sick and haven't slept much...had a 102 temp.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 38148
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!
hepcat’s avatar
Offline

Re: Random randomness

Post by hepcat » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:38 am

Sigh...no matter HOW many goddamn times I hold security training for phishing and other email scams for our company, there are just two people who will never freaking learn. And they just happen to be in charge of HR and payroll.

These two doofuses received a generic email using a publicly available email address and name from our corporate web site THAT WASN'T EVEN PERSONALLY ADDRESSED TO THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW THIS PERSON WELL asking them to forward his paycheck to a new bank account...and they freaking did it. Even after I've repeatedly told them to

a) check the email for the banner I add to all emails coming from external sources
b) look at the email address to make sure it's right (and this one was DEFINITELY not right)
c) verify with the sender on such things of import...or if they even have a shadow of a doubt

But did they do any of this? Frick no.

This is the second big offense for our HR person alone. Thankfully this one wasn't a compromised account, just two idiots who shouldn't be allowed to use modern technology.

:grund:
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21059
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Random randomness

Post by Holman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:45 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:38 am
Sigh...no matter HOW many goddamn times I hold security training for phishing and other email scams for our company, there are just two people who will never freaking learn. And they just happen to be in charge of HR and payroll.

These two doofuses received a generic email using a publicly available email address and name from our corporate web site THAT WASN'T EVEN PERSONALLY ADDRESSED TO THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW THIS PERSON WELL asking them to forward his paycheck to a new bank account...and they freaking did it. Even after I've repeatedly told them to

a) check the email for the banner I add to all emails coming from external sources
b) look at the email address to make sure it's right (and this one was DEFINITELY not right)
c) verify with the sender on such things of import...or if they even have a shadow of a doubt

But did they do any of this? Frick no.

This is the second big offense for our HR person alone. Thankfully this one wasn't a compromised account, just two idiots who shouldn't be allowed to use modern technology.

:grund:
Mr. Hepcat, it has come to HR's attention that you've used abusive language in describing some of your colleagues...
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
dbt1949
Posts: 20673
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:34 am
Location: Hogeye Arkansas

Re: Random randomness

Post by dbt1949 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:57 pm

"Stop taking if you have flesh eating bacteria of the genitals."
Yes. Yes I will.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:23 pm

Anyone remember the old tv/vcr combo units? I was thinking about the one my wife got us when we first met.

It was about a week after we met and got together. We had nothing much in our apartment so she came home one day from a rent to own shop with a Harley Davidson branded tv/vcr combo. I think it was 19". It had the logo right there on it plus they gave her a free Harley Davidson ball cap for renting it. She rented Highlander which I had not seen. Also The Golden Child. Loved both movies and highlander always stuck with me and got me back into Queen music again after years away. We even bought the album the music was from on cassette.

Anyways looking for a Harley branded tv/vcr online is TOUGH. It seems they came out in 1987. We met in Sept 1987 so that fits. And the ball cap must have been a promotion with it .I wish I still had it......or the tv. Also it seems they were made by a asian company that I cant recall without going and looking around online again. Ive not encountered a single person in the 31 years since that ever heard of a Harley Davidson branded tv/vcr. Most dont even believe me. Also from looking them up it appears most we in those rent to own stores. Need to find a pic someday.

Anyways thanks wifey in heaven for all my wonderful memories.

EDIT: Funai is the maker.

EDIT2: Although I cant recall the exact look of our's here is one on ebay.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by Daehawk on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 60581
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Online

Re: Random randomness

Post by Isgrimnur » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:27 pm

Daehawk wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:23 pm
Anyone remember the old tv/vcr combo units? I was thinking about the one my wife got us when we first met.
Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Kraken
Posts: 33952
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Contact:
Kraken’s avatar
Offline

Re: Random randomness

Post by Kraken » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:55 pm

It never made sense to integrate a vcr with a tv. The old CRT tvs were nigh on immortal; they routinely lasted for decades, whereas vcrs were basically disposable -- if one lasted five years, that was a long time. I know we went thru at least three, maybe four, before the age of VHS was over.

Still have our last VCR, though, and believe it or not it's still hooked up and patiently waiting for a tape. A tape that will never come. Poor thing. It will be put out to pasture the next time I have to overhaul our entertainment center.

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:19 pm

Around 1992 my wife surprised me with my own VCR. We had shared one and I didn't think I even needed one. But one day at the mall I wasn't allowed to peek in the trunk. It was less than 1 month until Christmas. My little wife could barely contain herself. It was of course a VCR. A nice one too.. Hi-Def 4 head and such with a frame by frame pause. I thought it was an amazing gift and it really was in those days. I recorded so many shows and rented so many movies. That little lady was so kind to me all our years. Im truly alone now. But I have all the memories. Funny I cant remember the name brand though. We loved Magnavox but I think that VCR was a Panasonic or maybe JVC. Probably wrong on that.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26535
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:

Re: Random randomness

Post by Blackhawk » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:36 am

About a year ago I bought a video transfer cable, pulled the VCR out of the back of the closet, and transferred the half dozen reaming VHS tapes to the computer. The VCR then went quietly to that big trash can on the curb. It was oddly sad saying goodbye to such a fun era.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:40 am

D has some VHS movies laying around. I think it was two years ago...maaaaybe 3...the people next door had a yard sale and she bought a VCR for $5 I think. Supposed to work but I never got a cable to use it so no idea. Its still sitting where it got sat that day. Shame.

Also many years ago..in the 90s....D took her dad's old silent 8mm films to a camera shop at the mall and had them made into VHS tapes. Most of them are her as a little child. You can tell she is running her mouth but no sound unfortunately. She even said she was always jabbering. She said before she could talk she'd sulk in a corner and turn and point at who she was mad at and jabber non words then huff and turn back to the wall. Lol. What a gal. Memories.

I need to find those tapes someday....and a cable doh.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Kraken
Posts: 33952
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Contact:
Kraken’s avatar
Offline

Re: Random randomness

Post by Kraken » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:43 am

My parents did that with their super-8 films too. If the tapes still exist, I am still 7 years old and running around Disneyland. But it's unlikely that the tapes still exist. I should ask my sister while we're both still alive.

User avatar
hitbyambulance
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:51 am
Location: Map Ref 47.6°N 122.35°W
Contact:

Re: Random randomness

Post by hitbyambulance » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:12 am

Kraken wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:55 pm
It never made sense to integrate a vcr with a tv.
i thought the same about the VCR/DVD combo players. funnily enough, on one of my parents' cheapy Magnavox units the DVD player portion doesn't work, but the VCR side is still fine.
Daehawk wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:40 am
D has some VHS movies laying around. I think it was two years ago...maaaaybe 3...the people next door had a yard sale and she bought a VCR for $5 I think. Supposed to work but I never got a cable to use it so no idea. Its still sitting where it got sat that day. Shame.
*surely* you have one of these somewhere in your boxes of stuff...

composite AV:
Image

coax:
Image

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26535
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:

Re: Random randomness

Post by Blackhawk » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am

I've probably thrown enough of those out to reach from my house to the moon. And I've still got enough left to stretch around the block.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 15899
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish

Re: Random randomness

Post by coopasonic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:42 am

Blackhawk wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am
I've probably thrown enough of those out to reach from my house to the moon. And I've still got enough left to stretch around the block.
I went through the closet in my office a couple weeks ago... the sheer mass of Monster component video cables I tossed. Yes, I know Monster was a huge waste but when you want it now and it is all Best Buy sells... remember when we used to actually go to best buy? Buying things in person?
-Coop

User avatar
LordMortis
Posts: 60699
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm

Re: Random randomness

Post by LordMortis » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:59 am

coopasonic wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:42 am
Blackhawk wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am
I've probably thrown enough of those out to reach from my house to the moon. And I've still got enough left to stretch around the block.
I went through the closet in my office a couple weeks ago... the sheer mass of Monster component video cables I tossed. Yes, I know Monster was a huge waste but when you want it now and it is all Best Buy sells... remember when we used to actually go to best buy? Buying things in person?

Yep. Best Buy became my Radio Shack somewhere along the line. Was never a fan of the lines they carry and the pricing that come with it but when Now! is important, Best Buy is still there. I just paid $40 for a 12' HDMI cable last week for a surprise meeting with a surprise requirement. On the one hand, it's hard to justify that cost. On the other, I got a 12' HDMI cable in under an hour and the meeting went on on time, even if it was a headache for me, personally. (and the $40 didn't come out of my pocket...)

User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 38148
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!
hepcat’s avatar
Offline

Re: Random randomness

Post by hepcat » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:11 am

monoprice dot com for all my cable needs. I've never looked back after discovering them.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

User avatar
Skinypupy
Posts: 13242
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:12 am
Location: Pac-12 Country

Re: Random randomness

Post by Skinypupy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:23 am

Got a middle seat seat his morning on a 4 hour flight to DC. I’m a pretty big dude (6’, 225lb), but I’m the smallest person in this row by at least 60 pounds. Dude sitting to my left is literally spilling over into my seat.

It’s gonna be a long flight.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:31 am

Yep used Monoprice for many years.

May have a cable but never dug for it.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
pr0ner
Posts: 14230
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, VA
Contact:

Re: Random randomness

Post by pr0ner » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:23 am
Got a middle seat seat his morning on a 4 hour flight to DC. I’m a pretty big dude (6’, 225lb), but I’m the smallest person in this row by at least 60 pounds. Dude sitting to my left is literally spilling over into my seat.

It’s gonna be a long flight.
Don't you fly Delta enough to get upgraded?
Hodor.

User avatar
AWS260
Posts: 10366
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Random randomness

Post by AWS260 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:12 pm

AWS260 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:18 am
Stop the presses -- the 2019 Name of the Year bracket has been revealed!

At first glance, I see lots of strong contenders, but no obvious bulldozer. I'm particularly impressed by Pope Thrower, Deicide Huxtable, Candy Button Disco, and Ecclesiastical Denzel Washington.
Make your voice heard. First round voting open now.

A couple of the contests are neck-and-neck: Vinay Pimplé vs. Ionosphere Torres and Truman Peyote vs. Storm Duck.

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 43151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:35 pm

How can anything beat Storm Duck?....well unless theres a Storm Dick maybe.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
hentzau
Posts: 13718
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:06 am
Location: Castle Zenda, Ruritania
Hentzau’s avatar
Offline

Random randomness

Post by hentzau » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 pm

My dad’s baby. Someone pulled out in front of him. He’s fine, but there goes my plans for a Route 66 drive someday...

Image
Last edited by hentzau on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting." - Sherlock Holmes, A Scandal in Bohemia

User avatar
LordMortis
Posts: 60699
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm

Re: Random randomness

Post by LordMortis » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Oh, that sucks. It's just a thing, but sometimes things, ooph...

User avatar
Skinypupy
Posts: 13242
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:12 am
Location: Pac-12 Country

Re: Random randomness

Post by Skinypupy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:06 pm

pr0ner wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:57 pm
Skinypupy wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:23 am
Got a middle seat seat his morning on a 4 hour flight to DC. I’m a pretty big dude (6’, 225lb), but I’m the smallest person in this row by at least 60 pounds. Dude sitting to my left is literally spilling over into my seat.

It’s gonna be a long flight.
Don't you fly Delta enough to get upgraded?
Almost never to DC. This flight is packed with Diamond Medallion folks who make the flight every week. I’m usually in the mid-teens on the upgrade list for DC flights.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

User avatar
pr0ner
Posts: 14230
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, VA
Contact:

Re: Random randomness

Post by pr0ner » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:58 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:06 pm
pr0ner wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:57 pm
Skinypupy wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:23 am
Got a middle seat seat his morning on a 4 hour flight to DC. I’m a pretty big dude (6’, 225lb), but I’m the smallest person in this row by at least 60 pounds. Dude sitting to my left is literally spilling over into my seat.

It’s gonna be a long flight.
Don't you fly Delta enough to get upgraded?
Almost never to DC. This flight is packed with Diamond Medallion folks who make the flight every week. I’m usually in the mid-teens on the upgrade list for DC flights.
Damn. I didn't think there would be so many frequent SLC --> DCA travelers.

Do you have better luck on the return flight? Or is the same issue heading home?
Hodor.

Post Reply