Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

I was looking at games Ive been wanting and seeing the release dates...like Call of Duty Black Ops 3 was 2015 and I realize 2 things.....

1. Ive been wanting new games and not buying them for at least 3 or 4 years.........and

2. Seeing dates makes me think I was thinking of games while Donna was on her way to dying....of course neither of us knew that then..was just life....but it enters my silly mind...sigh

Heck I could die tomorrow suddenly and not know a thing about it today.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/29 ... anu-reeves
Sandra Bullock Was Offered the Role of Neo in The Matrix Before Keanu Reeves
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That would have been god awful.

Although sex with Trinity would have been hawt!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Are you a urinal spitter?

I am not and am confounded by guys that do this. I keep my mouth shut and breathe very lightly through my nose while whizzing to minimize tasting/smelling urine particles that arise. I would think that spitting into the urinal while mid-stream would get you a taste of your own piss. Or at least draw urine vapors into your mouth as you finish spitting.

I am part germaphobe so maybe it's just me.
18-1™ & 2-0
Brian

Post by Brian »

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Almost 9 years ago? Damn.

It seems my stance on this has grown much more negative over the last decade.
18-1™ & 2-0
disarm

Post by disarm »

Trent Steel wrote:Are you a urinal spitter?

I'm more bothered by the people who apparently like to pick their nose and smear the boogers on the wall above the urinal. Staring at crusty, sometimes bloody, crumbs of old snot while I take a leak is not something I enjoy. Someone likes to donate this in one of our bathrooms at the work, and the cleaning staff apparently don't notice, leaving it there for months at a time because they don't wipe down the walls like they should...

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I don't know how you guys spit but stuff comes out of my mouth, not in.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Trent Steel wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:29 pm Are you a urinal spitter?
I think I started spitting after reading that thread nine years ago.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

One friend just posted this two days ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusi ... ar-BBVguLr

Hadn't thought about that show since the Parker and Stone movie I never saw and before that I thought about it since sometime in the 80s.

Then today another friend posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment- ... gn=bbcnews

Rimmer was a face you knew if you grew up in the 70s, even if you didn't know who he was. RIP.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'm snickering that "your input" and "my stance" both made it into the urinal discussion.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Holman

Post by Holman »

disarm wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:30 pm
Trent Steel wrote:Are you a urinal spitter?

I'm more bothered by the people who apparently like to pick their nose and smear the boogers on the wall above the urinal. Staring at crusty, sometimes bloody, crumbs of old snot while I take a leak is not something I enjoy. Someone likes to donate this in one of our bathrooms at the work, and the cleaning staff apparently don't notice, leaving it there for months at a time because they don't wipe down the walls like they should...
I've taught at a certain university for eight years now, and my habits have led me to frequent the same men's restrooms in the library and class buildings. I've been able to observe a cycle by which the walls above particular urinals collect boogers for many months at a time until they are wiped clean and the process begins again.

Apparently this isn't just something automatic and unnoticed (like, say, spitting on the sidewalk). Rounds of graffiti spring up around the boogers, commenting on them, which then provokes new deposits of snot. The infrequent clean-up involves painting the walls and covering these remarks, but that just prepares a new bare canvas.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that this doesn't happen in the women's restrooms.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:43 pm Rimmer was a face you knew if you grew up in the 70s, even if you didn't know who he was. RIP.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I turned weird sick..got really cold, started chilling and shaking and my head feel like my brain hurts if I turn my head too quick or shake it.

Its 61 outside right now but at least my space heater made me stop shaking. Maybe its my time. Ha I dream too much.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Garfield phones have been washing up on a French shore since 1980....heres why.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47732553
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Went to bed sick and haven't slept much...had a 102 temp.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sigh...no matter HOW many goddamn times I hold security training for phishing and other email scams for our company, there are just two people who will never freaking learn. And they just happen to be in charge of HR and payroll.

These two doofuses received a generic email using a publicly available email address and name from our corporate web site THAT WASN'T EVEN PERSONALLY ADDRESSED TO THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW THIS PERSON WELL asking them to forward his paycheck to a new bank account...and they freaking did it. Even after I've repeatedly told them to

a) check the email for the banner I add to all emails coming from external sources
b) look at the email address to make sure it's right (and this one was DEFINITELY not right)
c) verify with the sender on such things of import...or if they even have a shadow of a doubt

But did they do any of this? Frick no.

This is the second big offense for our HR person alone. Thankfully this one wasn't a compromised account, just two idiots who shouldn't be allowed to use modern technology.

:grund:
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:38 am Sigh...no matter HOW many goddamn times I hold security training for phishing and other email scams for our company, there are just two people who will never freaking learn. And they just happen to be in charge of HR and payroll.

These two doofuses received a generic email using a publicly available email address and name from our corporate web site THAT WASN'T EVEN PERSONALLY ADDRESSED TO THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW THIS PERSON WELL asking them to forward his paycheck to a new bank account...and they freaking did it. Even after I've repeatedly told them to

a) check the email for the banner I add to all emails coming from external sources
b) look at the email address to make sure it's right (and this one was DEFINITELY not right)
c) verify with the sender on such things of import...or if they even have a shadow of a doubt

But did they do any of this? Frick no.

This is the second big offense for our HR person alone. Thankfully this one wasn't a compromised account, just two idiots who shouldn't be allowed to use modern technology.

:grund:
Mr. Hepcat, it has come to HR's attention that you've used abusive language in describing some of your colleagues...
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

"Stop taking if you have flesh eating bacteria of the genitals."
Yes. Yes I will.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone remember the old tv/vcr combo units? I was thinking about the one my wife got us when we first met.

It was about a week after we met and got together. We had nothing much in our apartment so she came home one day from a rent to own shop with a Harley Davidson branded tv/vcr combo. I think it was 19". It had the logo right there on it plus they gave her a free Harley Davidson ball cap for renting it. She rented Highlander which I had not seen. Also The Golden Child. Loved both movies and highlander always stuck with me and got me back into Queen music again after years away. We even bought the album the music was from on cassette.

Anyways looking for a Harley branded tv/vcr online is TOUGH. It seems they came out in 1987. We met in Sept 1987 so that fits. And the ball cap must have been a promotion with it .I wish I still had it......or the tv. Also it seems they were made by a asian company that I cant recall without going and looking around online again. Ive not encountered a single person in the 31 years since that ever heard of a Harley Davidson branded tv/vcr. Most dont even believe me. Also from looking them up it appears most we in those rent to own stores. Need to find a pic someday.

Anyways thanks wifey in heaven for all my wonderful memories.

EDIT: Funai is the maker.

EDIT2: Although I cant recall the exact look of our's here is one on ebay.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by Daehawk on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:23 pm Anyone remember the old tv/vcr combo units? I was thinking about the one my wife got us when we first met.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

It never made sense to integrate a vcr with a tv. The old CRT tvs were nigh on immortal; they routinely lasted for decades, whereas vcrs were basically disposable -- if one lasted five years, that was a long time. I know we went thru at least three, maybe four, before the age of VHS was over.

Still have our last VCR, though, and believe it or not it's still hooked up and patiently waiting for a tape. A tape that will never come. Poor thing. It will be put out to pasture the next time I have to overhaul our entertainment center.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Around 1992 my wife surprised me with my own VCR. We had shared one and I didn't think I even needed one. But one day at the mall I wasn't allowed to peek in the trunk. It was less than 1 month until Christmas. My little wife could barely contain herself. It was of course a VCR. A nice one too.. Hi-Def 4 head and such with a frame by frame pause. I thought it was an amazing gift and it really was in those days. I recorded so many shows and rented so many movies. That little lady was so kind to me all our years. Im truly alone now. But I have all the memories. Funny I cant remember the name brand though. We loved Magnavox but I think that VCR was a Panasonic or maybe JVC. Probably wrong on that.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

About a year ago I bought a video transfer cable, pulled the VCR out of the back of the closet, and transferred the half dozen reaming VHS tapes to the computer. The VCR then went quietly to that big trash can on the curb. It was oddly sad saying goodbye to such a fun era.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

D has some VHS movies laying around. I think it was two years ago...maaaaybe 3...the people next door had a yard sale and she bought a VCR for $5 I think. Supposed to work but I never got a cable to use it so no idea. Its still sitting where it got sat that day. Shame.

Also many years ago..in the 90s....D took her dad's old silent 8mm films to a camera shop at the mall and had them made into VHS tapes. Most of them are her as a little child. You can tell she is running her mouth but no sound unfortunately. She even said she was always jabbering. She said before she could talk she'd sulk in a corner and turn and point at who she was mad at and jabber non words then huff and turn back to the wall. Lol. What a gal. Memories.

I need to find those tapes someday....and a cable doh.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

My parents did that with their super-8 films too. If the tapes still exist, I am still 7 years old and running around Disneyland. But it's unlikely that the tapes still exist. I should ask my sister while we're both still alive.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Kraken wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:55 pm It never made sense to integrate a vcr with a tv.
i thought the same about the VCR/DVD combo players. funnily enough, on one of my parents' cheapy Magnavox units the DVD player portion doesn't work, but the VCR side is still fine.
Daehawk wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:40 am D has some VHS movies laying around. I think it was two years ago...maaaaybe 3...the people next door had a yard sale and she bought a VCR for $5 I think. Supposed to work but I never got a cable to use it so no idea. Its still sitting where it got sat that day. Shame.
*surely* you have one of these somewhere in your boxes of stuff...

composite AV:

coax:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've probably thrown enough of those out to reach from my house to the moon. And I've still got enough left to stretch around the block.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am I've probably thrown enough of those out to reach from my house to the moon. And I've still got enough left to stretch around the block.
I went through the closet in my office a couple weeks ago... the sheer mass of Monster component video cables I tossed. Yes, I know Monster was a huge waste but when you want it now and it is all Best Buy sells... remember when we used to actually go to best buy? Buying things in person?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:42 am
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am I've probably thrown enough of those out to reach from my house to the moon. And I've still got enough left to stretch around the block.
I went through the closet in my office a couple weeks ago... the sheer mass of Monster component video cables I tossed. Yes, I know Monster was a huge waste but when you want it now and it is all Best Buy sells... remember when we used to actually go to best buy? Buying things in person?

Yep. Best Buy became my Radio Shack somewhere along the line. Was never a fan of the lines they carry and the pricing that come with it but when Now! is important, Best Buy is still there. I just paid $40 for a 12' HDMI cable last week for a surprise meeting with a surprise requirement. On the one hand, it's hard to justify that cost. On the other, I got a 12' HDMI cable in under an hour and the meeting went on on time, even if it was a headache for me, personally. (and the $40 didn't come out of my pocket...)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

monoprice dot com for all my cable needs. I've never looked back after discovering them.
Covfefe!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Got a middle seat seat his morning on a 4 hour flight to DC. I’m a pretty big dude (6’, 225lb), but I’m the smallest person in this row by at least 60 pounds. Dude sitting to my left is literally spilling over into my seat.

It’s gonna be a long flight.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Yep used Monoprice for many years.

May have a cable but never dug for it.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:23 am Got a middle seat seat his morning on a 4 hour flight to DC. I’m a pretty big dude (6’, 225lb), but I’m the smallest person in this row by at least 60 pounds. Dude sitting to my left is literally spilling over into my seat.

Don't you fly Delta enough to get upgraded?
Hodor.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

AWS260 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:18 am Stop the presses -- the 2019 Name of the Year bracket has been revealed!

At first glance, I see lots of strong contenders, but no obvious bulldozer. I'm particularly impressed by Pope Thrower, Deicide Huxtable, Candy Button Disco, and Ecclesiastical Denzel Washington.
Make your voice heard. First round voting open now.

A couple of the contests are neck-and-neck: Vinay Pimplé vs. Ionosphere Torres and Truman Peyote vs. Storm Duck.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How can anything beat Storm Duck?....well unless theres a Storm Dick maybe.
hentzau

Random randomness

Post by hentzau »

My dad’s baby. Someone pulled out in front of him. He’s fine, but there goes my plans for a Route 66 drive someday...

Last edited by hentzau on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Oh, that sucks. It's just a thing, but sometimes things, ooph...
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:57 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:23 am Got a middle seat seat his morning on a 4 hour flight to DC. I’m a pretty big dude (6’, 225lb), but I’m the smallest person in this row by at least 60 pounds. Dude sitting to my left is literally spilling over into my seat.

Almost never to DC. This flight is packed with Diamond Medallion folks who make the flight every week. I’m usually in the mid-teens on the upgrade list for DC flights.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:06 pm
pr0ner wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Almost never to DC. This flight is packed with Diamond Medallion folks who make the flight every week. I’m usually in the mid-teens on the upgrade list for DC flights.
Damn. I didn't think there would be so many frequent SLC --> DCA travelers.

Do you have better luck on the return flight? Or is the same issue heading home?
Hodor.