Inbox size

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Blackhawk

Inbox size

Post by Blackhawk »

I've got quite a few messages I keep around. People who discussed certain things with me during my cancer treatment, information and links about certain things, that sort of stuff. The problem is that, after 15 years here, my saved folder is full and my inbox is getting there. Is there a reason for those two having a 100-message limit? Can it be raised without harming system stability/storage/computer gremlins?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Re: Inbox size

Post by FishPants »

Good question let me look into it for you.
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:27 pm I've got quite a few messages I keep around. People who discussed certain things with me during my cancer treatment, information and links about certain things, that sort of stuff. The problem is that, after 15 years here, my saved folder is full and my inbox is getting there. Is there a reason for those two having a 100-message limit? Can it be raised without harming system stability/storage/computer gremlins?
Set it board wide to 250 messages.. Let me know if you close in on that, want to keep a limit in there in case a spambot gets in and takes crazy pills.
No.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:27 pm I've got quite a few messages I keep around. People who discussed certain things with me during my cancer treatment, information and links about certain things, that sort of stuff. The problem is that, after 15 years here, my saved folder is full and my inbox is getting there. Is there a reason for those two having a 100-message limit? Can it be raised without harming system stability/storage/computer gremlins?
When I was running forum games, I created a folder specifically for those PMs. It was the same size as (but separate from) my inbox. So you could possibly create a bunch of subfolders to store all your stuff in if you ever run up against the limit again.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FishPants wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:18 am
Set it board wide to 250 messages.. Let me know if you close in on that, want to keep a limit in there in case a spambot gets in and takes crazy pills.
Awesome, and thank you!
stessier wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:21 am

When I was running forum games, I created a folder specifically for those PMs. It was the same size as (but separate from) my inbox. So you could possibly create a bunch of subfolders to store all your stuff in if you ever run up against the limit again.
Wait, there are folders? :shock:

/edit - yep. Took me about three seconds to create a 'Trades' folder with its own, separate limit. All these years and I had no idea that was a thing. :doh:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)