Too Soon To Start Thinking About 2020? No, it's 2020!

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Kraken

Re: Too Soon To Start Thinking About 2020?

Post by Kraken »

hepcat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:54 pm
Kraken wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:56 pm
At some point he's going to have to stand on his record as the mayor of a small city with a murder rate higher than Chicago's, a poverty rate exceeding 20%, and a median income well below the national average. Has South Bend improved during his tenure? IDK, but his credentials seem pretty unimpressive.
His record ain’t too shabby.

Rome wasn’t built in a day, and a city as down as South Bend was isn’t going to come back over night. But it sounds like Buttigieg is getting there. It might not be as fast as some woukd like, but for those who can see the reality of a situation it’s a success I would say.
Alright, that's better than expected. Thanks for posting.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In a move sure to make me in the minority in this country, I hereby announce my intentions NOT to run for president in 2020.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:55 am In a move sure to make me in the minority in this country, I hereby announce my intentions NOT to run for president in 2020.
I will gladly be your not-running partner.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

We're all still up for a post in the Trump administration though. At the rate it's cycling, we should all get a shot by 2020.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If selected, I will not serve.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Man, now all this opposition research that I've been doing for months on pr0ner and Isgrimnur will be wasted.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:10 am Man, now all this opposition research that I've been doing for months on pr0ner and Isgrimnur will be wasted.
It will come in handy when they run for Forum Moderator.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I volunteer as tribute! I mean, well, I think it is too early to rule out a 2020 run is what I mean to say.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:10 am Man, now all this opposition research that I've been doing for months on pr0ner and Isgrimnur will be wasted.
Issie: The Image candidate.
Covfefe!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Inappropriate BAM-ing has been the downfall of many a politician.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Here's the first promo video for Trump 2020. Yep, it's exactly as absurd as you think it might be.

When one of the first things you feel the need point out in your campaign video is how often people say you're racist, that might indicate a problem.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Well, I'm convinced. Sorry guys, MAGA!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Lol copyright violation. I wonder who did it - Hans Zimmer or Warners.
Hodor.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:06 am Lol copyright violation. I wonder who did it - Hans Zimmer or Warners.
Warner Brothers

:lol:
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 am We're all still up for a post in the Trump administration though. At the rate it's cycling, we should all get a shot by 2020.
Oooh, can I be Secret Service Director? I have no experience in law enforcement but I have played tactical wargames before, which ought to make me perfect for the job. And if I fail in the mission to protect the president, some will consider me a hero.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

But you have to work for Trump...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If your job is protecting the Trump klan, why would you wanna be good at your job? :?

(which is essentially what Jeff just wrote, I guess)
Covfefe!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Exodor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:37 am
pr0ner wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:06 am Lol copyright violation. I wonder who did it - Hans Zimmer or Warners.
Warner Brothers

:lol:
Would have been better if it were Zimmer himself. But still. Glad to see Trump get another copyright takedown.
Hodor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Sounds like Nikki Haley is one step further along the road to running in 2020
St. Martin’s Press announced Wednesday that Haley’s book, currently untitled, will come out this fall. According to the publisher, the 47-year-old Haley will write about her experiences as ambassador in 2017-18 and her six years before that as governor, sharing “the consequential actions, decisions, confrontations, and behind-the-scenes negotiations that shaped national and world events.

Haley also will offer “deeply personal” insights and the “challenges” she faced as a woman during her time in government.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:28 pm Sounds like Nikki Haley is one step further along the road to running in 2020
St. Martin’s Press announced Wednesday that Haley’s book, currently untitled, will come out this fall. According to the publisher, the 47-year-old Haley will write about her experiences as ambassador in 2017-18 and her six years before that as governor, sharing “the consequential actions, decisions, confrontations, and behind-the-scenes negotiations that shaped national and world events.

Haley also will offer “deeply personal” insights and the “challenges” she faced as a woman during her time in government.
There was talk sometime back that Trump had discussed dumping Pence for Haley in 2020.

Unless Pence could be persuaded to claim illness or something, I don't see how this wouldn't annoy the Evangelicals.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:26 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:28 pm Sounds like Nikki Haley is one step further along the road to running in 2020

There was talk sometime back that Trump had discussed dumping Pence for Haley in 2020.

Unless Pence could be persuaded to claim illness or something, I don't see how this wouldn't annoy the Evangelicals.
It's hard for me to imagine Evangelical leaders doing anything about it, or even publicly complaining, to be honest.

Though I'm not sure what Trump would really get out of dumping Pence for Haley.
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:31 pm
“See, I hired a woman as my VP, which means I can’t be a completely mysoginistic garbage person. Checkmate libtards!”
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:31 pm
Holman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:26 pm

It's hard for me to imagine Evangelical leaders doing anything about it, or even publicly complaining, to be honest.

More likely to be assassinated? Haley seems a lot less objectionable than Pence, even being from SC.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I'm largely clueless when it comes to superhero movies, but this thread is hilarious:

Holman

Post by Holman »

Defiant wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:12 pm I'm largely clueless when it comes to superhero movies, but this thread is hilarious:

Premise is lame.

Execution is awesome!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Those are better numbers for Warren than I would have thought, given the rumors that she was struggling to raise money.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Trump: $30 million
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

28 million of which will be used to purchase a painting of Trump for Mar-a-Lago.
Covfefe!
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 am Trump: $30 million
Democrats: $67.5M
Republicans: $30M
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Holman

Post by Holman »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:41 am
coopasonic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 am Trump: $30 million
Democrats: $67.5M
Republicans: $30M
Once again Democrat Party spending is out of control! Sad!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Bear in mind that Trump faces no primary challenge (yet) and can keep building his war chest while the Democrats duke it out. He intends to have $1 billion on hand when the Dem nominee emerges bleeding, bruised, and broke. And contrary to what you'd expect, most of Trump's Q1 fundraising came from small donors -- the median contribution was something like $35. (I think Trump's $1B goal includes RNC funds, which outpaced his campaign.)
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Kraken wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:39 pm Bear in mind that Trump faces no primary challenge (yet) and can keep building his war chest while the Democrats duke it out.
Well, here we go: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1RR296
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Nice. Weld has about as much chance of displacing Trump as I do, but maybe he can at least make him defend, and maybe he'll encourage other contenders to jump in. Republicans do need a Plan B in case Trump's age, diet, and inactivity catch up with him in the next year and a half. (Hey, a man can dream.)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Seth Moulton jumps in. America shrugs.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I find myself leaning again towards Warren. I think reports of her political demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Her strong and clear stance on impeachment is impressive, but even more so is that she has been putting out policy proposals ever since this thing began. While the media swoons over Mayor Pete's rise or the expected Biden/Sanders feud, Warren acts like the candidate who knows her job will be to shovel out Trump's shit and then fix the fucking barn.

Buttigieg's eight languages are impressive, but they won't address income inequality or tighten government ethics. Warren is pretty clearly the smartest candidate in the race. We're going to need that after President Stupid.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kraken wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:39 pm Nice. Weld has about as much chance of displacing Trump as I do, but maybe he can at least make him defend, and maybe he'll encourage other contenders to jump in. Republicans do need a Plan B in case Trump's age, diet, and inactivity catch up with him in the next year and a half. (Hey, a man can dream.)
If the House holds public hearings on all the corruption, lies and crimes, he'll have a much better chance in the Primaries.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Holman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:31 pm I find myself leaning again towards Warren. I think reports of her political demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Her strong and clear stance on impeachment is impressive, but even more so is that she has been putting out policy proposals ever since this thing began. While the media swoons over Mayor Pete's rise or the expected Biden/Sanders feud, Warren acts like the candidate who knows her job will be to shovel out Trump's shit and then fix the fucking barn.

Buttigieg's eight languages are impressive, but they won't address income inequality or tighten government ethics. Warren is pretty clearly the smartest candidate in the race. We're going to need that after President Stupid.
Warren/Buttigieg would be pretty attractive.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:31 pm I find myself leaning again towards Warren. I think reports of her political demise have been greatly exaggerated.
My fear is that the one thing that got Trump elected: The drummed up hatred for Clinton, will end up being easily transferred to Warren as soon as the coals are stoked for those that are so inclined.
Give them a face and name they are not pre-primed to hate.

Buttigieg, I'm super wishing it was him.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The one thing I do like about Warren over Buttigieg is A) She's female - we are way overdue for a woman in the White House, and B) She's a DC veteran who knows how to play the game.

Everybody screams for the outsider, but then like Trump they get into the office and don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. There's a reason companies hire people with experience and not random nutjobs off the street. It's going to take someone with political know-how to clean up the wreckage Trump has left behind. I love Mayor Pete, but is he going to be able to get anything done?

I used to be inclined that Warren had too much baggage, but let's face it - the right is going to make ANY candidate into Public Enemy #1 by any means necessary. Especially if it's a woman.

However, I'm up for just about ANY candidate at this point. I'd prefer it not be Biden or Sanders though. I've had enough with angry old white guys running this country.