MLB Post Season 2019

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: MLB Season 2019

Post by $iljanus »

Octavious wrote:6-2 to start the season. I'll take it. :mrgreen: Alonso is freaking amazing so far. :horse:
Obviously I would have preferred a different outcome but it was an exciting game to watch. Congrats and beat you tomorrow! (maybe)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Both our pens suck.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Octavious wrote:Both our pens suck.
LOL. Of course in spite of that one team is 6-2 while the other one is, umm, not.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hey, so Red Sox pitching only gave up 5 runs in their loss tonight. That's basically Sandy Koufax for this team.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Octavious wrote:Both our pens suck.
Just tuned to today's game in the car. The announcers that SiriusXM is broadcasting seem to have checked out since they were carrying on a fascinating conversation regarding wrestlers from the 80s. My condolences but the Nationals relief bullpen have yet to take the mound so anything is possible...

Edit: And now it's 12-6. Uh oh better get more insurance runs.

Edit 2: Are you fracking kidding me!?! We are now at 12-9 with only 1 out! :grund: :grund: :grund:
Black lives matter!

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Not a stunning display of defense that's for sure. Mets lose, but Alonso hit's another bomb. He does know he's a rookie right? :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I can't believe this is the correct call:

The Rangers had the bases loaded against the Angels with one out. A sinking fly ball was hit to center, Trout makes a diving attempt, the umpire calls it an out, though it was clearly trapped. Trout, knowing he trapped it, fires to second to get the force out, and another umpire calls that an out. After review, the umpires say the batter is safe because the ball was trapped, and the first base runner is safe because he saw that it was called a catch and he retreated to first.

So two outs were called but everybody is safe. How can they have it both ways? It is either a catch or a force out. And since when did it matter what a runner was thinking?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The batter retreated on the first bad call. It wasn’t what he was thinking, it was what he responded to.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Joe Kelly has given up the lead in all three of the Dodger losses. I don't know what's wrong with him, but I do wonder how long Roberts will keep using him. Plus if Kike Hernandez has something more important to think about than playing baseball he needs to go take care of it, as he again forgot the number of outs and blew at least a base advancement if not a run.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chris Sale's ERA had dropped to a scant 7.50, but now it's back up to 9.00.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

DeGroms streak ends at 26. Damn...Alonso another homer.

Exodor

Post by Exodor »

The Royals may be terrible but at least Billy Hamilton is entertaining

He scored on a sac fly to center. From Second Base

:horse:

Also Whit's hitting streak is up to 30 games. :wub:
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Lorini wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:15 pm Joe Kelly has given up the lead in all three of the Dodger losses. I don't know what's wrong with him....
He is Joe Kelly.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Make that 2 homeruns from Alonso. About the only positive from this home stand so far. My god their pitching sucks so far.

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Some great clutch hitting and the bullpen actually comes through for a nice come from behind victory for the Nats against Philly. Glad I stuck with the game.
Black lives matter!

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

And the 2018 Dodgers are back. Game yesterday was a perfect microcosm of last year. Twice they had bases loaded and then nothing.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 am And the 2018 Dodgers are back. Game yesterday was a perfect microcosm of last year. Twice they had bases loaded and then nothing.
The Red Sox have had the basses loaded like a dozen time but never left them that way.

Oh wait, did you mean your hitters or pitchers?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:51 am I have a feeling that Trouty will do everything he can to prove he earned his contract. Which means either another MVP season or a season ending injury when he tries to rob a HR or beat out a tag or something.
He got off to a scorching start and then pulled a groin running the bases. So both thus far (minus the season ending part, he'll probably miss one game).
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

stessier wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:23 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 am And the 2018 Dodgers are back. Game yesterday was a perfect microcosm of last year. Twice they had bases loaded and then nothing.
The Red Sox have had the basses loaded like a dozen time but never left them that way.

The hitters couldn't get the players on the bases home. Twice with bases loaded. Once had 1st and 3rd no outs, still nothing.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:21 pm
stessier wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:23 pm

The hitters couldn't get the players on the bases home. Twice with bases loaded. Once had 1st and 3rd no outs, still nothing.
Sorry, I knew that. Bad joke. Red Sox pitching sux. Wait until you play them - all your problems will be solved.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

RISP stats

Dodgers are 14th, Boston is 26th. Seattle is currently dead last.

Last year, Dodgers were 26th, Boston was 22nd. And the Cubs were dead last.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Boston is 28th in ERA at 6.35 runs/gm. Only the Cubs and White Sox are worse (6.70 and 6.72 respectively). The Dodgers are 17th at 4.25.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:45 pm Boston is 28th in ERA at 6.35 runs/gm.
Good.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:03 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:51 am I have a feeling that Trouty will do everything he can to prove he earned his contract. Which means either another MVP season or a season ending injury when he tries to rob a HR or beat out a tag or something.
He got off to a scorching start and then pulled a groin running the bases. So both thus far (minus the season ending part, he'll probably miss one game).
If I understand DH logic correctly, this means we should probably have a Designated Runner so our sluggers don't get hurt running the base paths. ;)
stessier wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:45 pm Only the Cubs and White Sox are worse (6.70 and 6.72 respectively).
That is some fine pitching we have here in the Windy City! (And hey, at least the Cubs' only consistent starter so far injured himself running the base paths!)
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:57 pm That is some fine pitching we have here in the Windy City! (And hey, at least the Cubs' only consistent starter so far injured himself running the base paths!)
Looking at their ERAs, I'd say they are all pretty consistent. Three of them appear to be consistently bad.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 pm RISP stats

Dodgers are trending downwards, trust me.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Yep, Padres just passed them in the NL West standings :P
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Another homer for Alonso and a win against the Braves. Eventually pitchers will figure him out but my god what a start.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Thankfully I do not need to worry about the Red Sox trending downwards.

Though they did win their fourth game yesterday, after their starting pitcher only put the team in a 5-0 hole! Progress.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

A masterfully pitched game by the Nationals goes into the crapper when the relief takes the mound vs the Pirates.

And the Nationals really need to lock down a contract with Rendon.
Black lives matter!

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Pitching? What's that???
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lorini wrote:Pitching? What's that???
Lol, maybe our bullpens will have improved when the Nationals pay you a visit in May. Or it will be a home run derby as both bullpens implode in a world of suck.... Image
Black lives matter!

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

OK Cubs, get better as soon as the Dodgers leave. And good to hear the Padres are back to being the Padres again, I thought the world was ending there for a moment.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Free agent ghosts (bolded portion just for Octavious, rest for everyone else :wink: ).
As it relates to poor Jason Vargas, a highly questionable free agent signing who has underperformed even the most pessimistic projections, this is mostly a Mets problem and therefore of no great interest to well-adjusted baseball fans. But the situation that the Mets have created and refuse to fix with their defective fifth starter is strikingly universal across the game.

The universal thing about all these specific failures is not just that these teams are already seeing the consequences every time their bullpen fills a diaper or their own analogue to Jason Vargas takes his ultraviolent turn in the rotation. It’s that all of them are going through that while their fans know that two of the last offseason’s better free agents are still out there for any and every team to sign. In a way that is new and strange and not especially pleasant, the arrival of actual baseball games somehow did not succeed in bringing the offseason to an end. The first few weeks of the 2019 season have instead been haunted by Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel in a way that has become difficult to ignore.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Baseball is so much fun when the strike zone is four feet wide. (Maybe not).
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:11 pm Free agent ghosts (bolded portion just for Octavious, rest for everyone else :wink: ).
As it relates to poor Jason Vargas, a highly questionable free agent signing who has underperformed even the most pessimistic projections, this is mostly a Mets problem and therefore of no great interest to well-adjusted baseball fans. But the situation that the Mets have created and refuse to fix with their defective fifth starter is strikingly universal across the game.

The universal thing about all these specific failures is not just that these teams are already seeing the consequences every time their bullpen fills a diaper or their own analogue to Jason Vargas takes his ultraviolent turn in the rotation. It’s that all of them are going through that while their fans know that two of the last offseason’s better free agents are still out there for any and every team to sign. In a way that is new and strange and not especially pleasant, the arrival of actual baseball games somehow did not succeed in bringing the offseason to an end. The first few weeks of the 2019 season have instead been haunted by Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel in a way that has become difficult to ignore.
They really screwed the pooch with Vargas. I think he may have compromising pictures of higher ups as that's about the only way to explain it. Gio just got signed for peanuts and he would have been leaps and bounds better than Vargas. Hell his good game yesterday didn't even have him hit 5 innings. I'm kind of shocked at how bad the pen is minus a couple of studs. It might be the worst pen I've ever seen them have.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Hi LoriniImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

The Cubs have been on a nice roll since their dismal start, and are now 16-12 going into an early season showdown with the first place Cardinals at Wrigley this weekend. Interestingly, their record after 28 games in 2018 was 16-12. More interestingly, their record after 28 games in 2017 was 16-12.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

If only we could rearrange the runs a bit :). On to the Padres!
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:27 pm If only we could rearrange the runs a bit :). On to the Padres!
fun series. You gonna start a gofundme for that dodger fan who probably lost $100 trying to catch 2 foul balls ? :D That was hilarious
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"