[North Korea] The Dear Loser comes into his own.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

Re: The Dear Loser comes into his own. (North Korea)

Post by Holman »

Kim in currently in Russia on a state visit, demonstrating his love for Putin and giving the West the finger by implication. Relations between NK and other nations were very much constrained when the world still thought US wishes were important.

A propos, NK last week insulted both Mike Pompeo and John Bolton personally in public statements.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 pm A propos, NK last week insulted both Mike Pompeo and John Bolton personally in public statements.
What bugs me about that is not that it happened, but that drumpf immediately started looking (I'm guessing, but you don't have to be Kreskin) for someone to replace them that Kim won't insult.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

GreenGoo wrote:
Max Peck wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:57 pm So Trump agreed to pay a ransom demand to get him back. :coffee:
Worse, imo. Drumpf agreed to pay for the outcome of torturing an American.

That said, it's not even a drop in America's bucket and one of it's citizens will come home.

That said, America has nukes, air force and economic power. NK should get it's teeth kicked in if it wants to start trying to embarrass America on the world stage. There's defiance. There's yipping like a dog who's bark is too big for it's bite, then there's this sort of humiliation.

For all the redneck tough guys and war hawks in America, they are just going to stand back and eat this humiliation on the world stage? MAGA indeed.
Ummm...errr....BENGAZI!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:11 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 pm A propos, NK last week insulted both Mike Pompeo and John Bolton personally in public statements.
What bugs me about that is not that it happened, but that drumpf immediately started looking (I'm guessing, but you don't have to be Kreskin) for someone to replace them that Kim won't insult.
Dennis Rodman just might be available.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

And seriously here, that is not entirely out of the realm of possibilities, at all.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In case he deletes this:
“President Donald J. Trump is the greatest hostage negotiator that I know of in the history of the United States. 20 hostages, many in impossible circumstances, have been released in last two years. No money was paid.” Cheif Hostage Negotiator, USA!
Hodor.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So, he seems to be quoting the "Cheif (sic) Hostage Negotiator, USA" ??

I mean, misspelling aside - what's whit the quoting - or is he quoting himself... I mean - that's weird shit.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Wait.

So he admits NK took the kid hostage?

So why is he playing nice with NK/Kim?

Talk about moral compass in the middle of a (magnetic) storm.

Take that, Lib-tards!
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK... I'm reading:
The most likely explanation would be that Gary Noesner, a former chief of the FBI's Crisis Negotiation Unit, made one of his occasional TV appearances and said something nice about Trump.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Here's Trump's response to NK's missile launch tests today:

Meanwhile, NK has announced that it will continue to negotiate with the US, but only if Pompeo and Bolton are not involved. They want to deal with Donald alone.

What could go wrong?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Clearly Trump has communicated he is the only agent that is on board with them, and they have communicated that they agree.

The only thing I sit hear and wonder about is this: How does this all resonate with the disenfranchices poor white families of rural America and how they frame 'the Greatness' of America. i.e. how fucking stupid are they?
Holman

Post by Holman »

OMG, stay for the whole clip. What kind of person dismisses executions with a stupid smile like this?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yes, but Benghazi.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

AP
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. government says it has seized North Korean ship used to transport coal in violation of sanctions.
Everyone have their gas masks, plastic sheeting and duct tape?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Love letters between Trump and Kim just got *fucking hot!*
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This would bother a decent human being.

It gives Trump a hard on.
Covfefe!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Bolton better watch his back.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:03 pm

Love letters between Trump and Kim just got *fucking hot!*
purged official reanimated:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/to ... spartanntp
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

There were two different officials who had been reported as having been purged. The one that seems to have resurfaced (Kim Yong-chol) was said to have been sent to a labour camp, while the one who was said to have been executed (Kim Hyok-chol) is not being reported as not dead yet so far as I know.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Ah, OK - I didn't realize there were two.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

While Trump and Kim Talk, North Korea Appears to Expand Its Nuclear Arsenal
Over the past year, there have been handshakes, compliments and extravagant photo-ops—in Singapore, in Hanoi and even at the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas.

President Trump’s summit diplomacy has raised hopes around the world: Is North Korea now willing to surrender its nuclear arsenal?

Analysts who pore over satellite images of the isolated country paint a different picture: North Korea’s scientists have ramped up production of long-range missiles and the fissile material used in nuclear weapons.

Shipping containers, trucks and crowds of people moving materials and instruments at North Korea’s key weapons facilities like the Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Center and the Sanum-dong missile production site, suggest North Korea has continued producing fissile material and intercontinental ballistic missiles, according to analysts Jenny Town, a fellow at the Stimson Center, a think tank specialized on security issues, and Jeffrey Lewis, a researcher at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies, a research center analyzing the spread of weapons of mass destruction.

Analysts at the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency say North Korea’s scientists may have produced 12 nuclear weapons since the first Trump-Kim meeting in Singapore last year. In total, Pyongyang could currently possess between 20 and 60 nuclear bombs, according to estimates by various security analysts.

President Trump has played down evidence gathered by security analysts that North Korea is continuing its nuclear operations, saying in a recent televised interview that Kim “promised he wouldn’t do it.” And Pyongyang has remained silent on the status of its nuclear and missile programs.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

When Kim Jong Un is the smartest guy in the room, it’s time to re-evaluate your leaders.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Shortly before midnight on Thursday, a South Korean thermal observation device identified a mysterious heat spot floating down the Imjin River on the North Korean border.

The soldiers monitoring the foggy scene thought it was flotsam, perhaps a small ball. It turned out to be a defecting North Korean soldier. "The North Korean soldier came down the river with only his head above the water," Seoul's Joint Chiefs of Staff explained on Thursday, according to the South Korean Ministry of Defense.
The soldier was taken into custody in the central front line of the DMZ and "expressed the intent for defection." South Korean authorities are now trying to confirm the identity of the soldier.
Looks like he had a better plan than the last guy.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

North Korea tests submarine-capable missile fired from sea
North Korea has confirmed it test-fired a new type of a ballistic missile, a significant escalation from the short-range tests it has conducted since May.

The missile - which was able to carry a nuclear weapon - was the North's 11th test this year.

But this one, fired from a platform at sea, was capable of being launched from a submarine.

Being submarine-capable is important as it means North Korea could launch missiles far outside its territory.

According to South Korean officials, the missile flew about 450km (280 miles) and reached an altitude of 910km before landing in the sea.

That means the missile flew twice as high as the International Space Station, but previous North Korean tests have gone higher.

It came down in the Sea of Japan, also known in South Korea as the East Sea. Japan said it landed in its exclusive economic zone - a band of 200km around Japanese territory.

The test came hours after North Korea said nuclear talks with the US would resume.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Cant do anything it seems but its a shame to just let places like NK and Iran simply build up to nuclear weapons while you just stand twiddling thumbs. Sites should be bombed and taken out. So much shit both ways. Im glad Ill be dead and off this planet before it totally goes to shit..if Im lucky.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:09 pm Cant do anything it seems but its a shame to just let places like NK and Iran simply build up to nuclear weapons while you just stand twiddling thumbs. Sites should be bombed and taken out. So much shit both ways. Im glad Ill be dead and off this planet before it totally goes to shit..if Im lucky.
China projects NK, so we're not bombing them anytime soon.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

BBC
The US has denied that its day of nuclear talks with North Korea ended in failure, insisting that "good discussions" were had.

Earlier, North Korea said the meeting had broken down, because the US brought "nothing to the negotiation table".

Officials from the two countries met in Sweden on Saturday, in the hope of breaking their stalemate.
On Saturday evening, North Korea's top nuclear envoy Kim Myong Gil spoke to reporters outside the embassy, saying "the negotiations have not fulfilled our expectation and finally broke off".

"The US raised expectations by offering suggestions like a flexible approach, new method and creative solutions, but they have disappointed us greatly," he added.

He said "the US would not give up their old viewpoint and attitude".

However, shortly afterwards, the US State Department released a contradictory statement from spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus.

"The early comments from the DPRK [North Korean] delegation do not reflect the content or the spirit of today's 8.5-hour discussion," it read. "The US brought creative ideas and had good discussions with its DPRK counterparts."
Is it bad that I find the Nork statement more believable?
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:44 pm BBC
The US has denied that its day of nuclear talks with North Korea ended in failure, insisting that "good discussions" were had.

Earlier, North Korea said the meeting had broken down, because the US brought "nothing to the negotiation table".

Officials from the two countries met in Sweden on Saturday, in the hope of breaking their stalemate.
On Saturday evening, North Korea's top nuclear envoy Kim Myong Gil spoke to reporters outside the embassy, saying "the negotiations have not fulfilled our expectation and finally broke off".

"The US raised expectations by offering suggestions like a flexible approach, new method and creative solutions, but they have disappointed us greatly," he added.

He said "the US would not give up their old viewpoint and attitude".

However, shortly afterwards, the US State Department released a contradictory statement from spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus.

"The early comments from the DPRK [North Korean] delegation do not reflect the content or the spirit of today's 8.5-hour discussion," it read. "The US brought creative ideas and had good discussions with its DPRK counterparts."
Is it bad that I find the Nork statement more believable?
It's bad that both statements show NK operating from a position of strength and the US being the weaker.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Holman

Post by Holman »

It'll be fine when we trade SSBN's for proof that Warren is totally Juche.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kim really has made Trump his little puppy, hasn’t he? Roll over Trumpie..good boy Trumpie.
Covfefe!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

It's time for season 2 of Rocket Man and the Dotard!

Everything Trump does is about him and his reelection, so why is he reviving NK as an enemy? Foreign enemies are good? No, he has Iran for that. Setting up for another peacemaker show? Maybe. Plain old blundering? Probably.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kraken wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 am It's time for season 2 of Rocket Man and the Dotard!

Everything Trump does is about him and his reelection, so why is he reviving NK as an enemy? Foreign enemies are good? No, he has Iran for that. Setting up for another peacemaker show? Maybe. Plain old blundering? Probably.
Seems like Kim is running this one. Trump is just falling for it again.

NK is probably getting ready for another test launch, which they'll then play for another "summit" that shows Kim on co-equal ground with the US.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Denuclearization is off the table in negotiations with the United States, North Korea's ambassador to the United Nations said in a statement Saturday.

In the statement, the ambassador, Kim Song, said the United States' pursuit of "sustained and substantial dialogue" was a "time-saving trick" to benefit a "domestic political agenda."

"We do not need to have lengthy talks with the US now and the denuclearization is already gone out of the negotiation table," he said.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Radio said something about NK having a Christmas present for the US, so I presume we're going back to brinksmanship unless Trump has some more gifts for Kim.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NBC News
Christmas Day came and went with no sign of the “gift” that North Korea warned could come.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You know, I'm a little disappointed in the internet for not serving up a juicy conspiracy theory linking North Korea's promise of a "Christmas present" with the timeline of the pandemic and the Nork claim that they have no COVID-19 cases.

But in the meantime, it's business as usual.

North Korea hails 'super large' launcher test as virus timing condemned
North Korea hailed a test of "super large" rocket launchers, just hours after the South condemned the state as "inappropriate" for pursing tests amid the global coronavirus outbreak

On Sunday, South Korea said two short-range missiles had been fired, the latest in a flurry of tests this month.

The North generally ramps up missile tests in the spring and the global virus outbreak has not deterred it.

It has reported no virus cases, but experts have cast doubt on this.

Sunday's test was of two short-range ballistic missiles fired from the eastern city of Wonsan. They flew for 410km (255 miles) with a maximum altitude of around 50km before falling into the sea, the South Korean military said.

Then on Monday, North Korean state media outlet KCNA reported that it had successfully tested "super large" multiple rocket launchers.

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Max Peck wrote:You know, I'm a little disappointed in the internet for not serving up a juicy conspiracy theory linking North Korea's promise of a "Christmas present" with the timeline of the pandemic and the Nork claim that they have no COVID-19 cases.
The internet may not be up to speed yet, but my dad has you covered. I'm getting the latest conspiracy theory almost daily.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

If Jong Un dies I'm going to ask for my money back. This movie is completely unbelievable.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Ugh.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra